[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish to make this as simple as possible. >want a tattoo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: 1418589033792.jpg (40 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1418589033792.jpg
40 KB, 512x512
I wish to make this as simple as possible.

>want a tattoo
>need it to actually mean something
>protection?
>wonder if wards or symbols to protect oneself
>here to consult /x/ about the knowledge of anything to mark the body that may be of use
>maybe a picture and description

Pic related
I am blind to this knowledge. Want direction.
>>
Get a tribal tattoo and drink creatine. Those two and daily use of the gym will protect you.
>>
It has to be something that means something to you; something that has a powerful effect on your conscious and subconscious mind, reminding you of who you are, and bringing you back to your strength. And/or the experience of a powerful being, like the crucifix if you're into christ, etc. Some Walmart or Majick-R-Us supposed protection sigil will do jack.
>>
File: zzzzzz.jpg (46 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzz.jpg
46 KB, 700x467
Get one like this. Protecting your eyes is very important.
>>
>>17003153
>I don't know how any of this works but know I need a tattoo to protect me
>>
Find the right artist

they will help you
>>
File: Goetia.gif (72 KB, 1505x1466) Image search: [Google]
Goetia.gif
72 KB, 1505x1466
>>17003153

Creating a sigil or a symbol imbued with power is very easy to do as any symbol can become imbued with power. Most personal sigils ive dealt with contain a combination of otherworldly and personal elements. A strictly person sigils power comes directly from within you.

If you want your sigil to draw its power from some greater source beyond yourself however, things become much more complicated very quickly.

With universal symbols like the cross, yin and yang, samadhi, and the flower of life: the work is already done for you. Symbols like these hold the greatest action potential for day to day warding.

To create a sigil yourself, simply meditate on a subject (such as the thing you wish to ward from or a virtue you wish to inspire within yourself) and draw what you feel by using shapes, arrows, dots, and appropriate associated symbols.

If you engage in particularly risky activities that you wish to ward from, try to create a sigil that is representational of the risks you take. Do some research to find worldly patterns (such as the infinite expansion of the universe [an ever extending outward spiral] or chaos theory [an infinite inward spiral] and implement them into your design.

The most important part of creating a sigil is the imbuing ritual. While the average onlooker at this point might be quick to slander this suggestion, i would like to make a simple note to the fact that every day when we wake up we partake in ritual when we brush our teeth, get dressed, and eat breakfast. Our daily schedule is ritual. On that note a sigil ritual can be as complex and advanced or as simple and easy as the designer wishes. (Of course with greater effort usually comes increased satisfaction and success rates.)

For example, simply getting the tattoo could be a feasible ritual in its entirety. If you want to make the symbol as powerful as possible I would research "imbuing rituals" or "sigil magic".
>>
mostly i'd say do research into runes, sigils and circles, see if you actually believe in that stuff because like>>17006191
said it wont work if it doesn't have meaning to you.

Mostly I'd recommend learning sigil craft, experimenting with different methods on sigils for small things, observe the effects, and eventually do a sigil for something really important for you once you think u got the hang of it and get it tattooed. I personally burn my sigils to activate them and sometimes hold a hand to the flame because putting pain into it makes it more powerful i feel, getting a sigil design tattooed would probably be a really interesting activation but you wouldnt want it like on your arms or some place because the whole point of a sigil is to pick a problem and forget about that problem and let the universe sort it out, so if you get any sigils id recommend your back or your side or your ass. I don't know any other protective magic besides sigils that well thats why i recommend you look up other shit
>>
File: 20150926_210215.jpg (810 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20150926_210215.jpg
810 KB, 1920x1080
I have a few but mine are mainly goetic demons and beelzebub. I don't have demonic powers of anything and my life is pretty much the same so I doubt protection symbols would work just cause they're inked on you I've gotten a few more since this pic but they all are pretty similar in art and concept. Probably better off wearing an amulet or something for protection imo
>>
There's a few reasons I'd recommend NOT doing this but the primary one being that: magic/spells are a practice and not a science.

It's not guaranteed to work or even work correctly, that and usually a sigil is given power by the person creating/drawing it. Another thing is if you ever wanted to break the sigil, it would be very difficult to do.

It would be easier for someone barely getting into this to just enchant an item or carry crystals around than have a symbol tattooed you're eventually going to forget the meaning of in the next year or two anyway.
>>
File: mcridetats.jpg (46 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
mcridetats.jpg
46 KB, 500x334
best example i know of, it looks like he has a lot of Hoodoo/voodoo type charms and sigils, I think Hoodoo sigils are actually meant to be placed on things instead of just destroyed or forgotten
>>
>>17006762
Yessssss deathgrips ftw

Itgoesitgoesitgoesitgoesitgoesyuuuuuuhhhhhhhh
>>
File: tumblr_n4cwjrPQh11t2oygso1_1280.jpg (115 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4cwjrPQh11t2oygso1_1280.jpg
115 KB, 640x640
>>17005525
>>
>>17006771
yeah from what I can tell from stefan's lyrics he's either an occult practicer or really interested in the occult so theres probably a reason behind all of the hoodoo looking stuff and the sigils and the other stuff too
>>
>>17006826
His interview with pitchfork was awesome. He's a pretty enlightened guy from what I gathered.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.