[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one find it? How does one know it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: 479191608_640.jpg (6 KB, 640x369) Image search: [Google]
479191608_640.jpg
6 KB, 640x369
How does one find it?

How does one know it?
>>
You know it when it's given to you.
And you'll know when it's given.
>>
>>17003142
LAURENCE here
Y'all cowards don't even drink dog blood
>>
>>17003150
Mr wiggle bottom scruffy pants. never
>>
>>17003150
Fear the old Blood

By the Gods, Fear it Laurence

>>17003149
Is it possible to forget? Is it given to everyone, that is to say, is everyone made aware of their name?
>>
>>17003158
They say the old king led his army on undead hunts, but their memories were purged in rebirth, and those once loyal to higher ideals were forgotten as time eroded any difference between the hunters and the hunted, they went on to found a kingdom of bone in whatis now a tumultuous riverbed
>>
Hay errebody Pete here I got da pit pat diddly wat bop bamboo.
>>
>>17003187
Can you give me more hints about the hunters and the hunted?
>>
I'm good with my name, friend.
:^)
>>
>>17003142
In order to find out your Long Name, you need to completely and fully understand each and every aspect of your body, mind, and soul.

Good luck with that.
>>
>>17003270
Yes but only if you pay me first
>>
>>17003270
The blood makes us human, makes us more than human, makes us human no more.

Hunters have told me about the church. About the gods, and their love. But... do the gods love their creations? I am an idea, created by you humans. Would you ever think to love me? Of course... I do love you. Isn't that how you've made me?
>>
>>17003491
Who let you out of your cage?
>>
>>17003344
You are a flame, whose light touches all

>>17003451
Why do you call it Long Name?
>>
>>17003543
Because your true name is really long. It's just another, older way of saying it.
>>
>>17003543
The amygdala is an ancient being, a demon born out of a great being's brain, ripped out by surgeons and thrown away, where it grew into the monstrosity you now behold

Later, it's head was severed, but it lived on
It grew a new brain, and became the creature now worshipped by the choir,
And the head grew legs and scuttled into the water, where it became the vacuous rom

That was long ago, however, and those fetid beings seen in yharnam are only echoes, artificial recreations of past events
>>
>>17003142
I'd like to know as well, OP. I wish I could add more to the discussion than that. Well, I can add a question.

Is there a name for the practice of discovering a true name? If we knew what kind of mancy it is then that's a step in the right direction.

I would very much like to know mine, and if it's as degenerate as I think it is. After all, I'm a living example of what happens to degenerates when we wear out our bodies far too young.
>>
>>17003560
Let me follow up by asking what is a true name? Why should one care about discovering it?

From my understanding, your true name is the name of an expression on your true nature. It isn't necessary to be long. It is the logos of one's self. Whatever it is, is sufficient
>>
File: 20151120_203350.jpg (706 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151120_203350.jpg
706 KB, 2048x1536
>>17003270
Ask me anything

Here is a picture of a shark embryo
Notice how it is fully aware of the intruder in its body
>>
>>17003595
Sounds like Jahbulon. Is it?
>>
>>17003613
It was, but it was removed
>>
>>17003604
A true name is the complete and total nature of an aspect of reality expressed in one word. Humans have three parts and thus have three true names. That's why a human's true name is called a long name.
>>
>>17003602
Couldn't personally answer that question, maybe another will.

Your name is nowhere near as degenerate as you think it is. A living example can act as a beacon of hope, and a teacher of paths to those without such. You can lead others where you yourself fell astray

If your body is worn out, you certainly still have your mind.
>>
>>17003602
>Is there a name for the practice of discovering true names?

Of course there is. It's the first magic gifted to mankind. It's called Naming.

No, I'm not fucking with you. That's seriously what it's called.
>>
>>17003664
So assuming I had whatever was needed... the prerequisite skills, will, knowledge, magic, sight, etc. then could I give myself my own name?

Could I create a name for myself and then take upon the mantle that the name has?
>>
>>17003142
i have been to mecca
>>
>>17003636
It's funny you bring that up. I feel as though I could show others how to not make the mistakes I made. It's not funny for that reason, but the association I made with it.

During one of the last Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, Arthur Dent is going from system to system because Earth is now permanently destroyed by the Vogons. He hears of an oracle who can help him find meaning in his life.

He travels to her on a distant desert world. Without a word she pulls a large solar powered printer into the sun. It prints for hours.

He reads it and it's her autobiography. She said to have a good life just do the opposite of what she did.

>>17003664
And how is it practiced? Genesis comes to mind.

>>17003622
Please explain. I've seen your posts and I'm intrigued.
>>
>>17003142
Oh you guys are role players holy shit.
>>
>>17003688
Trust your intuition

>>17003694
Wanna hear a joke?
>>
>>17003611
Why did you leave me?
>>
>>17003704
You deserve better
I was trying to protect you
>>
>>17003688
You can't give yourself a name any more than you can turn a boulder into a phoenix. You are born with three names and those three names are you. As you change and grow, so to do the names. You can only learn what is already there. Same as with anything else you want to know the true name of.

>>17003698
>How practice
Alright, here's an example of how Naming works. First, you need to pick something that you want to find the name of. Let's say that thing is "stone". You then need to develop a complete and total understanding of stone. Such things that need to be known are things like these questions. How much does stone weigh? What is the texture of stone? How dense is stone? What size is stone? How does stone react to heat? How does stone react to the earth's magnetic field? Is stone conductive? Etc.

This should give you an idea of how Naming works.
>>
>>17003698
I've only read the first HHGttG. I like that anecdote, made me laugh. Douglas Adams is something special.

It's a funny line to draw, because if she didn't have the life she did then she wouldn't be able to show others the way to a good life.
Maybe she didn't have a good life, but living as an 'oracle' and showing others the way... that to me seems like she found herself a good life.

Then again, because it's douglas adams, she was probably sucked into the printer that stated flashing "paper jam" or some such silliness.
>>
>>17003715
Protect me from what?

Who are you to tell me what I need protection from
>>
>>17003702
And what if I've fallen so far that I can no longer tell what is my intuition and what is lies?
>>
>>17003761
>>17003770
Have a little faith
>>
Wilhelm Ric Kirche
>>
My true name is Totino The Pizza Boy
>>
File: bucket of tits.png (827 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
bucket of tits.png
827 KB, 894x894
>>17003142
Know thyself

That's really all there is to it, you have to know yourself completely and honestly. The 'true name' is merely a vocal/mental pattern you'll associate with your own self-enlightenment, and thus where the benefits of knowing your true name come from. No magic or anything external, it's all you in meta, nothing more and nothing less, not given but earned by understanding.

Meditate on your life, choices, and future, or go out and discover the world around you while discovering yourself, otherwise it's all meta-psychology and anthropology.

No idea what half the posts in this thread are referring to though, fucking role-players and/or shitposters.
>>
>>17003595
yeah ok so I looked this up, yharnam is a place name in Bloodborne. Like, the videogame.

Is there some older meaning that I've skipped out on here or what, dude.
>>
it turns out my real name is just the letter 'a' repeated ~8.2 trillion times in a row
>>
Aren't names a relative thing anyway?
>>
>>17003142
Find your purpose first, your name will be bestowed and recognized after your work has been done.
>>
My name is dave. I found it on my birth certificate.
>>
>people paying attention to Ludwig

Please don't. He's a literal roleplayer talking esoterically about plotpoints from Bloodborne. Seriously.
>>
>>17003150

Labradorite and space vampires.
>>
>>17003142
you get an alien to tell you
>>
>>17005191
>implying
pls

>>17005137
Oh really? I don't know a thing about Bloodborne. Care to elaborate?
>>
d3 Σ x2
>>
>>17003142
Practice permutations with the Tora, In one specific permutation the name of God will be reviled, and I you have it all the wisdom of the universe will be open before your eyes.
>>
senpai -- is this faggot still at it
>>
>>17005688

Bloodborne is a game, faggot. Look it up.
>>
>>17003611
Who are the players in this? Different groups of people or different ideas/entities
>>
>>17003479

I'll pay you with deez fuckin nuts

Hows that for paranormal
>>
Tome of battle think
>>
File: The true name.jpg (56 KB, 1920x1073) Image search: [Google]
The true name.jpg
56 KB, 1920x1073
>>17003142

The game straight up tells you if you guess correctly.
>>
Name of game anon?
>>
>>17003142
You're true name is the one you give yourself.
Mine is Nightpain.
>>
>>17009348
Neat south park reference.
>>
>>17003770
I believe that to find your True Name is to find yourself, being the name itself only a vessel for the concepts that best define who you are, and its perfect representation being yourself.

How you do it? With introspection, learning what drives and supports you, your deep fears and secrets, facing it all, recognizing and accepting it. Knowing the meaning, all you have to do is find the word/name that represents it perfectly

About choosing a name and being shaped by it, it can actually work as long as its nothing really far from who you are and you really put some effort/Will on it. If not successful, you may at least learn a few things from the Name you tried to be.
>>
>>17009348
Mine is The Majestic Lion.
>>
Someone post te creepy pats about names damnit
Fuck
>>
His or Her name is I Am!
>>
>>17009830
For I Am was Forebear to the name. Like the verb was forebear to the noun. Even before we gave ourselves a name, we her birthed with individuality. Free will.
>>
>>17003142
Look at your birth certificate.
>>
>>17003142
Yours is "Squiggles von Cuddlemuffin." Yeah, some people get stuck with True Names like that.
>>
>>17009951
I really, really, really like this post
>>
>>17009957

It's all yours, friend!
>>
>>17003506
Gherman
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.