[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urban Legend OC/Dump Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Urbal_Legends_OC.jpg (402 KB, 1255x728) Image search: [Google]
Urbal_Legends_OC.jpg
402 KB, 1255x728
Alright folks, we've got another OC horror thread. This time, we want to hear your urban legends. Feel free to tell your personal favorites, or recount an original one of your own. Ever had an encounter with the hook-hand man? Ever say 'bloody Mary' in the mirror five times? We want to hear about it. Frighten us. Convince us, that there's something terrifying hidden behind the ordinary. We double-dare you.
>>
>>17003051
My mum
>>
I love to bike ride. I found this cool road that runs up into the mountains with beautiful scenery. Pretty, fast ride, secluded, just awesome all around. Coolest part was, I found an old rusty car that had fallen off the side of the road, flipped over, and smashed into a tree. Cool find but I didn't think much of it.

I was telling my friend about this bike ride, and as soon as I mentioned the name of the road, he interrupted with an urban legend. There was supposedly a clan of albino cannibals, rejected from the city who lived along that road. At night, drunk/reckless drivers accidentally go swerving into the ravine, get trapped in the car wreckage, and then the albinos come out and attack them.

That was the car I saw.

Got more to the story if anyone's interested.
>>
1/3

I used to know this friend. He was a pretty cool guy for the most part, and I remember picking him up after his job at a retail store to goof around and have fun after a long day. Sometimes, we'd go to the pub and play pool 'till we couldn't stand straight. Those were the times. I must have known him about eight years in total, and many of those years were the best in my whole life.

This one night, we decide to change it up. We hadn't exactly gotten *bored*, but we wanted something new. My friend (I called him Eveey as a nickname,) suggested the pond, and that didn't seem like such a bad idea. Especially in the unforgiving summer heat. We drove out there in my truck, and parked in a clearing not too far away. We had a big ice-cheast, and we'd loaded it up with enough beverages and snacks to last the whole night. Although it was probably against legal parameters, law enforcement didn't blink an eye at campfires. Eveey got one going, and the two of us sat at the water's edge with our feet submerged. I remember it being a really relaxing evening, at least, until the end.

"Ever hear the one about the turkey-man?" he tells me.

"Nope, what's that? Sounds like some bullshit a kid wrote for English class."

"Nah, dude. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. I mean, it's not too well known, but I heard now and then when I was in grade school. See, there's this legend about a guy that worked around the power reactor a couple towns over. They're dealing with all kinds of hazardous chemicals and shit. This one kid had a parent come to the class to talk about where he worked, and the stuff that goes on behind the scenes is some freaky stuff. The accidents especially. He'd stressed that those kinds of things weren't too frequent, but when it did happen... Shudders dude. It'll keep your eyes open after sundown."

cont.
>>
>>17003388
2/3

"So what is it? The turkey-guy?"

"Yeah, turkey-man. Well apparently he was one of those 'mishaps.' An intern or something. It always varies person to person, but the one I hear the most is that he was instructed to go into the wrong storage room by a slacking boss. He'd told him the wrong door number, and I guess it just happens that's where some sort of bio-hazard had contaminated the area. They hadn't secured the room by that point, and he just walked right in. I guess he didn't quite die, though. The radiation, chemicals or whatever fucked him up. The doctors and nurses did the best they could, but they assured him he'd probably have countless health problems down the line. He was in urgent care for a couple weeks, then they let him home. This is the worst part out of all of it, though. You see, the exposure disfigured him pretty bad, but most of all it knocked his brain out of whack. That's what really lead to everything."

"So, how'd he get the name?"

"That's just it. Some say he looked like a turkey. A fat, goopy bird without feathers. The drop-in doctor found him missing from his house one day, and a retired cop found him in the lake. He was screaming about the pain, how everything burns. The other kids would always joke that the bird fell in the deep-fryer. The thing is, we don't know if he's still around. I mean, I don't really believe the story, but my parents never heard of it. I think it's a fairly new story."

"Well, I mean, is that it? Seems pretty typical to that kind of thing."

"I guess you can imagine what the 'rest' is. Some people say they saw him, and some people blame the kids disappearing on him. Average playground rumor. I'll wager it isn't so much of a fabrication, though."

cont.
>>
>>17003401
3/3

"What do you mean?"

"Well, don't you see those news reports all the time, dude? Kids are still disappearing and turning up all over the place. It's been happening for some time too. You'd think they'd catch they guy, too."

"I don't watch the news, dude. That shit's depressing as all hell."

"The thing that gets me, though, is how they find those kids. They're always disfigured. Stretched and mushed like a piece of putty."

That story always stuck with me. It's just the kind of thing you don't forget. It must have been local to my area, because I've never heard it anywhere else. It still brings a shudder even thinking about it. To be honest, I can hardly recall the rest of that evening. I just remember packing everything up, and not being able to take my mind off of it. The implications frighten me even more. Even after all these years, the disappearances never stopped. And the distorted remains still crop up a couple times every year.

END.
>>
>>17003267

Do it. I'm interested.
>>
>>17003432
I was talking with my uncle about urban legends and of course this came up because it was pretty shocking. He thought so to, so I did some research online. One noteworthy thing we learned about was "Devils Door", a giant red 'door to hell' painted into the cliff face.

The next day we decided to go out back to the road to check it out. We found what we guessed had to be the door, but it had been painted over. A ranger was just ahead, and my uncle being an extreme extrovert, we went over to talk to her.

The whole albino was a myth. Some albinos may have lived up there at some point, but the legend came came from the farmers chasing teens off their property. Even though that part was a myth, there was still plenty of creepy shit that actually happened up there.

A murderer hid up there to evade capture after killing his family (I had the link to the news article at some point), probably happened a couple times.
The ranger says after the equinoxes/solstices they have to go up and collect animal sacrifices, so there is something spiritual with that road.
She'd also had to break up several rituals with naked ladies chanting in a circle.
Best of all, the door. Every week she said, they have to paint it over, which means someone has to be repainting the door to hell. On this road, especially around the Door, they get dozens of car arson all year. As me and my uncle were heading back, we saw scorched patch of road littered with broken glass from a car fire just a few days ago.

Look up Hicks Road San Jose, it's a pretty popular legend here so you should be able to find out more.
>>
File: Thump_Thump_Draaaag.jpg (553 KB, 1920x2564) Image search: [Google]
Thump_Thump_Draaaag.jpg
553 KB, 1920x2564
No collection is complete without this one.
>>
>>17003427
Have you ever been able to find news reports on those missing kids? Especially describing their bodies?
>>
>>17004715
Not online, as far as I could find out. To be honest, I wouldn't want to. I'm not sure if you have a steel-gut for that kind of thing, but it's not pretty. Though, if there's a real interest, I can try to contact the local station and see if I can access their archives.
>>
>>17004747
Yeah, I've got a strong stomach when it comes to things like this. Not that I never get bothered by them, but morbid curiosity always seems to win. Hopefully I'm not the only one interested because I'd love to see what you could pull out of the station's archives.
>>
>>17003119

if they are asleep; do it in their yard.
>>
We did a Ouija board one Halloween and my friend got locked in a bathroom with no lock.
>>
[Collected from a chain-letter in the late 90's]

KFC has been a part of our American traditions for many years. Many people, day in and day out, eat at KFC religiously. Do they really know what they are eating? During a recent study of KFC done at the University of New Hampshire, they found some very upsetting facts.

First of all, has anybody noticed that just recently, the company has changed their name? Kentucky Fried Chicken has become KFC. Does anybody know why? We thought the real reason was because of the "FRIED" food issue. It's not. The reason why they call it KFC is because they can not use the word chicken anymore. Why? KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use genetically manipulated organisms. These so called "chickens" are kept alive by tubes inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their structure. They have no beaks, no feathers, and no feet. Their bone structure is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them. This is great for KFC because they do not have to pay so much for their production costs. There is no more plucking of the feathers or the removal of the beaks and feet.

The government has told them to change all of their menus so they do not say chicken anywhere. If you look closely you will notice this. Listen to their commercials, I guarantee you will not see or hear the word chicken. I find this matter to be very disturbing. I hope people will start to realize this and let other people know. Please forward this message to as many people as you can. Together we make KFC start using real chicken again.
>>
>>17005098
http://www.businessinsider.in/Calm-Down-Rumors-About-KFC-Mutant-Chickens-Are-Not-Real/articleshow/31186341.cms

But then again we cannot believe the big media houses, can we!?
They could have a synergy with KFC
>>
Thread with potential, have a bump
>>
>>17006768
And another, but this is your last freebie.
>>
File: o_dd617b7d4829296a_118.jpg (422 KB, 1700x2200) Image search: [Google]
o_dd617b7d4829296a_118.jpg
422 KB, 1700x2200
>>17003051
>>
File: o_dd617b7d4829296a_119.jpg (857 KB, 1700x2200) Image search: [Google]
o_dd617b7d4829296a_119.jpg
857 KB, 1700x2200
>>17008024
>>
File: o_dd617b7d4829296a_120.jpg (755 KB, 1700x2200) Image search: [Google]
o_dd617b7d4829296a_120.jpg
755 KB, 1700x2200
>>17008025
>>
>>17008024
>>17008025
>>17008029
I need to know more
>>
>>17008050
like what game is this from?
>>
>>17008050
>>17008053

The Book of Unrelenting Horror. The original was a system independent book. but it was then adapted to the Gumshoe system.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.