[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever seen a body or someone die? In 2010 I worked at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: FB_IMG_1439142328712.jpg (89 KB, 960x928) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1439142328712.jpg
89 KB, 960x928
Have you ever seen a body or someone die?
In 2010 I worked at a security contracting company and I saw my co-worker shot to death while I was about 70 yards away in our vehicle.

What I remember the most is the blood and the smell of gun powder or maybe it was the smell of blood?

I'll be driving and it'll replay in my mind so vividly my heart races and I start getting anxious and my palms sweat.

Is this my co-worker visiting me? I still have to drive by where this incident happened a couple times a week to my current job
>>
>>16995692
did you leap into action and shoot the bad guy
>>
>>16995732
>He got the powerup and won the game.

Op is a tryhard. Go play over at /k/ and see how well they like you.
>>
>>16995692
>saw shot to death
>doesnt even tell story

gtfo fgt
>>
If this really did happen, you're in the wrong forum bud. Nothing paranormal about this. It's called PTSD. I'm a combat medic and have seen my fair share of combat, death, and blood. I have nightmares and flash backs. Nothing paranormal about it. Go see a doctor and talk about it.
>>
>>16995757
We were doing patrol at 22acre gold mine/refinery. He was outside our car checking on a car that it looked like someone was sleeping in while I was checking another car. Heard 6-8 gunshots and hit behind another car. Couldn't see him in our cars alley light so I ran towards the car and he was laying in the snow about 15 yards from the car he was looking at.

So far unsolved dispite it being on camera. The car was stolen and he was shot by its occupants
>>
>>16995692
Well, I must say... You are boring as fuck, OP. Don't make a thread if you don't actually have things to say. Don't expect us to tell stories for you.
>>
>>16995806
I dont have nightmares and I don't think it's PTSD. Besides thinking about the incident it doesn't affect my life in a way PTSD does to actual soldiers.
>>
>>16995692

I've been a firefighter/EMT for 12 years. I've seen more death in that period than most people will in a lifetime.

Don't feel alone, it's not normal to see someone die and feel nothing. You're human, and you've been traumatized. The important thing to remember is to talk with colleagues and family, especially if you ever feel like doing anything stupid.
>>
>>16995692
I once saw a guy broadside a van that turned in front of him on his Harley and fly about 30ft. I got out and prayed over him, he looked like a cool dude. RIP Doug.
>>
>>16995859
I didn't feel nothing. That's the slowest time has ever gone for me. I didn't know the guy besides working together for 6 it 7 months 4x a week but it didn't feel real until I got up the next day. It wasn't traumatic but it was a feeling i haven't forgotten
>>
>>16995869
You knew him?
>>
>>16995887
No I read about him in the paper, shit was sad.
>>
it's a stress response brought on by trauma, OP. even if you don't have full-blown diagnosed PTSD, it's your brain's way of trying to cope with an event that was pretty traumatic for you. being a witness of a violent crime, especially when it ends in a death, can heavily affect even the most resilient people.

it plays over and over in your head because your brain is still trying to process it, and you start to feel anxious and sweaty because your fight or flight system is being (albeit falsely) activated in response to the memory of your coworker dying.

however, despite that your coworker could still visit you in some way. violent, unexpected death; crime unsolved, no closure for the victim.. a classic recipe for the creation of a ghost. do you have any stories that could indicate he's still visiting our world?
>>
>>16995882

That's what I meant- It's normal for you to feel the way you do. You didn't have to be best friends with the guy to have it affect you. A fellow human being was murdered in your presence. That's not something to be taken lightly.
>>
>>16995748

>shot bad guy
>called in tactical nuke
>>
File: 1438640969633.jpg (33 KB, 622x276) Image search: [Google]
1438640969633.jpg
33 KB, 622x276
>>16995692
Innacity EMTfag reporting in. We have these things called "well-being checks" where we go into apartments of people that have not been seen for weeks on end. It's mostly old people that fell and we'rent able to get help and the occasional dude who OD's while shooting up by himself. The dead body smell soaks into everything and you don't forget it.
>>
>>16995940

Just had one of those on my last shift. Luckily for us, it had only been 2-3 days. It was a gruesome scene though, it looks like the lady died of a massive and sudden GI bleed. There was blood everywhere, massive clots running from her nose and mouth, and she had quite clearly been conscious and struggling to breath through all of it... there was considerable blood spatter away from her face.

It was pretty disturbing. I felt bad for her, thinking about the struggle to survive. Died drowning in her own blood.
>>
Saw my grandma die then 11 months later saw my dad die.
>>
>>16995953
Yeah dude. It's surreal going into an apartment and seeing all the old person's pictures on the wall of themselves with their family and then seeing their rotting body alone on the bathroom floor.
>>
I've got rescued by EMTs a bunch, when I was younger I for a short while thought about doing it after I had failed out of college essentially. Can you do it volunteer like? I would guess no. I still think about getting the cert(s). I probably couldn't do the job anyway, besides it pays a shitload less than I do now even though I think it would be a good job that helps people. Not the typical dick job that in some form indirectly or directly involves fucking someone over somehow.

meh what do I know.
>>
First time was in 1st grade at a school event. Heart attack.

Seen quite a few fatal motorcycle accidents, so body parts lying around.

Few people died when I worked in an elderly home, not really a lot and all of natural causes.

Corpses I've seen loads, in all states, when I was younger and jobbed in my mom's best friend's funeral home.

Would say it's more sad than anything. Except the motorcycle people - their own fault.
>>
I work in an ER. On my first day had someone die of a heart attack. Today just saw my second death, meth overdose.
>>
>>16995940
Funeral director apprentice here. I hate getting house calls from the county. 9 times out of 10 it will be a decomp. You are correct though that smell is unforgettable.
>>
posted before. But saw a guy karate chopped in the throat and tackled by 6 guards. Then they get the paramedics and...
>>
>>16995692
>>16995692
It is not a ghost but real ptsd...but since you are asking /x/ for advice you won't accept a natural explanation anyways so believe what you want.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (80 KB, 491x720) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
80 KB, 491x720
>>16996071
>>
>>16995847
PTSD is defined as a traumatic event in life that you don't completely process. Just because you don't have nightmares or aren't a soldier doesn't mean anything. You're having physical reactions to it. Sweaty palms, racing heart beat, vivid recollection of the incident. Just because you don't have all the symptoms doesn't mean it isn't PTSD. I'm not a doctor, just going off what I've learned from having it myself so I can't make any kind of formal diagnosis. It just sounds like you have it. Normal everyday people can get PTSD too regardless of the stigma that only soldiers can get it. Ems, police, fire fighters, cops, hell even your mail man can get bit on the ass by a dog and get PTSD. Anyone can. Talk to a therapist about it and see what they say.
>>
I've seen it. It was someone I loved dearly. When it happened I compared it to a bug in its last throes of life. As humans we're superior beings but in death we're all equal. That realization was a difficult thing to digest.

When you lose a limb, it just rots and returns to dirt. When your brain dies it does the same. As amazing as the brain is and what we've experienced all throughout life it's all just for dirt.

I wasn't visited by a spirit. All you have are memories and the closest thing to a reunion are dreams.

We're just prisoners of our own device. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
File: 1444789505262.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444789505262.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
>>16995692
>your story sucks OP
Once upon a time when I was doing my EMT internship with a fire department, one of the calls was to a nearby nursing home for a resident that had not been heard from for a few hours. When we entered the apartment the smell of G.I. bleed permeated the air... fucking wretched smell... we eventually came to the bathroom where I saw what looked like a fucking mummy lying on its back in the bathroom. My reaction was to kneel down and just stare at the thing while the employed EMT who I was shadowing called everything in... it was really interesting to be honest.
>>
>>16995692
kinda, there was a burning car that hit the bridge off some road between Illinois and Iowa. the side of the car where the driver woulda been was facing the ground and the car was fully engulfed. There was nobody standing by or any emergency vehicles out there yet, so somebody in that car was a crispy critter. We didnt stop though, just drove through the smoke.
>>
>>16998579
>We didnt stop though, just drove through the smoke.
You're a piece of shit
>>
Saw a dead guy who'd asphyxiated himself in his car(rerouting the exhaust) whilst holidaying in Scotland when I was 5, I remember asking my mum what that weird red dot on the guys throat was and she flipped her shit. Also saw two heroin addicts who'd overdosed whilst walking with my ex in the park, was midday and people were so used to scatheads being passed out on benches that people were just walking past like nothing had happened. They were both grey(incl their lips) and the woman was passed out on her side with liquid flowing out of her ears.
>>
>>16998656
To clarify as soon as we saw them we ran to the university and got front desk to ring da fed
>>
>>16995806
>>16995692

http://www.brainlinemilitary.org/content/2013/12/what-are-the-difference-between-pts-and-ptsd.html

>If you’re experiencing post-traumatic stress, your heart may race, hands shake, you may sweat or feel afraid and nervous. After the stressful event, you might avoid or be leery of engaging in that activity again, you may have a bad dream about the event you just experienced, or you may feel nervous in a situation that reminds you of the unpleasant event.

this sounds like symptoms of post-traumatic stress for sure. it's a natural reaction to experiencing any kind of traumatic event and if it's not interfering with your life too much, you're okay. still, five years later is bit much to be having such a strong reaction so you might want to talk to a counselor.
>>
watched a few embalmings at the funeral home I worked at. went on pickups and stuff to. driving around in a hearse is really fun. It's weird how much like empty socks dead bodies look.
>>
>>16995847
>describes what happens
>is PTSD
"i dont think it's PTSD"
>it is PTSD
>>
>>16995692

>Is he visiting me

Nigga you have PTSD
>>
>>16998579

Fag
>>
>>16995692
Saw a guy jump off a high building, he burst :/
>>
>>17001205
lol, sorry, rip.
>>
>>16995692
I sat with my grandpa while he died. It wasn't anything flashy or anything. Just stoped breathing.
>>
>>16995692
>have you ever seen a body or someone die

why yes OP, ive seen someone die but he didn't have body.
>>
>>16995692
when your palms get sweaty, do your knees get weak as well?
>>
>>17001205
My neighbour fell form her building a few weeks ago. I first tought she was killed by a car, but she was just drunk/stoned and playing on the roof.

That was gore, actually her brain was 2 meter away of the rest of her head (no pix sry). When someone fall at that height (10-15 meters), the head exploses.

I won't post proof because the only link I have shows where I live.
>>
>>16995692
>Is this my co-worker visiting me?
PTSD. Nothing spooky about it, it's just your brain reacting to stress.
>>
>>16995816
shitty man, sorry for your loss
>>
>>16995692
I saw somebody in a park who was probably dead. A bunch of cops and firefighters were checking him out. The ambulance that went there didn't have their sirens on.
>>
>>16995692
It's called PTSD
>>
>>16995692
My good friend, there's nothing paranormal about that. There are multiple psychological conditions you can develop when you live a trauma. It can happen at any age, but the results tend to be different. Take as an example a child that has been molested or raped. It's a trauma, and the child will most likely develop a psychological condition that will require attention and treatment.
Your symptons are YELLING " Panic Syndrome ", but hell, i'm no psychologist, and i don't even know you, anon. I suggest you look for help, this can be treated, and results can be achieved. But it's nothing paranormal, don't worry, kek.
>>
Seen a couple. The most graphic was when a disc shattered in an angle grinder my neighbor was using. For some reason he didn't have the guard mounted on the grinder, and the pieces of shattered disc ended up cutting through his lungs and aorta.
>>
>>16996024
You can volunteer, yes. Though you still need the certifications before you can. It's not really a long class or anything. Just a few months and an exam at the end.

Though speaking from experience, it's a terrible job if you're doing it for the money (which you won't be making much of anyway). If you just want to help people and can spare the time I'd say take the class and volunteer on the weekends or something.
>>
>>16995869
>I got out and prayed over him
Bless you.
>>
>>16995953
>looks like the lady died of a massive and sudden GI bleed. There was blood everywhere, massive clots running from her nose and mouth...there was considerable blood spatter away from her face.
Sounds like Ebola. I hope you got checked.
>>
>>17006893
Are you being sarcastic?
>>
>>17006905
Sounds more like varicies from Cirrhosis or something. Ebola's too uncommon unless he was in Africa.
>>
>>17006922
No! Of course not! Bless him for being a good person to pray over a dying/dead person. I wish more people showed that kind of compassion. Why would you think that was a sarcastic comment?
>>
>>16995692
I found my great uncle dead of a heart attack. It's probably a good thing I didn't know him well.
>>
I saw alot of bodies when I was 9 and it kinda fucked me up.
>>
>>17006999
Were you in a car crash or something?
>>
>>17007025
Katrina. My dad would take me with him when he broke into houses afterwards and some of the people were dead in them.
>>
File: looney tunes gif.gif (4 MB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
looney tunes gif.gif
4 MB, 400x291
>>16995692
>grew up right around a ghetto
>saw a handful of people get shot or stabbed
>never actually seen the incident, but you'd hear the shots or screams and go check it out
>some youd find sitting upright, or laying down, looking drowsy and nodding off while others are freaking out calling an ambulance
>youd hear the sirens and run so you don't get associated with anything
>only saw dead ones maybe 2 times. they look exactly like how you'd think, like what see in the movies which always stuck with me
>eyes rolled back, mouth open, spread eagle, blood, ect
>or they look like they just feel over and slept, very serene
>later joined the army, went to Iraq, more or less the same shit but bigger weapons so it got bloodier sometimes

I always found how people react to the death around it more shocking. some loose their shit and make the situation worse, others don't give a fuck and carry on like somebody spilled a glass of milk. All I know There are some dangerous people out there and I just want a nice cabin in the woods where I can be by myself
>>
I work in the hotel industry, and for those who didn't know we deal with a suprisingly amount of deaths. I've dealt with two personally.

1st.
>Working night audit.
>In the office behind reception watching TV.
>About 2pm hear a big thud outside, like something heavy hitting the pavement.
>Walk out of the office and hear a car screech.
>Look outside and see the body of a woman lying on the road.
>Realise someone had jumped and called the police.
>Find out a couple of days after it was a suicide.

2nd, and more intense.
>Night Audit again.
>Recieve a call at about midnight from a guest.
>Guest is frantic saying her husband fell of balcony.
>Go up to the room to talk to her.
>Open the door, she grabs me and brings me to the balcony.
>Look down and sure enough there's a body laying on the pool deck.
>Go back down to the foyer, call the police and go out to the pool deck.
>See the body but notice something pecular.
>There's no head.
>Wtf.jpg
>Then notice the body is right next to the pool deck railing, and see blood splattered over the railing.
>Take a look over the railing and see a head laying on the roof of the buidling next to us.
>Proceed to evacuate my stomach as the police walk out onto the pool deck.
>Find out the husband was drunk and was showing off on the balcony, before losing his grip and falling to his death
>This was 4 years ago, and there's still a sight indentation on the poolside railing where he was decapitated.
>>
Once seen ambulance giving CPR to homeless man and other time walked by another homeless and man calling emergency line. It was during wicked winter and guy was blue so I'm pretty sure he was dead already. Funny thing this was the last day I went to colledge, I decided to drop out and went back to home halfway here and this is when I've seen him.
>>
>>17007060
Could you be any more of a nigger?
>>
File: Viper Decapitation.jpg (127 KB, 1080x609) Image search: [Google]
Viper Decapitation.jpg
127 KB, 1080x609
>>17008329
It's funny how easy our heads come off, relatively speaking. Something unusual really did happen at the brain-size explosion point of our evolution. Not necessarily alien involvement, it could have been the discovery of cooking allowing our brain pan to be unbound by our jaw muscles but for some reason our heads became quite disproportionately large and fragile.
>>
>>16995692
>Have you ever seen a body or someone die?

Yes, my dad. I took him in to take care of him. He was bedridden. The weeks prior to his death were the worst. He started hallucinating and asked me why there were people standing on the balcony. I'd go out and shoo them away.

Later people would go past the windows too. After that the house started shaking and he screamed for help every time it happened. Then came the flies. At first he pointed at some spots on the walls and I'd hit it with the newspaper, but later he said that they were everywhere and that he couldn't even see the ceiling any more.
>>
>>17008535
Sounds like your dad was probably a really bad person.
>>
>>17008535
That really scares me for the future.
>>
I found my dead brother in laws body. He had been dead about five days. His dog had been locked up in the house with him the whole time. The dog was hungry so he ate part of my brother in laws leg. I will never forget the smell.
>>
>>16995692
>2010
>gun powder
wut
>>
>>17008581
Sounds like you're a terrible person who lacks empathy and the understanding that people go through degenerating states of mentality towards death sometimes.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.