[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else getting that feeling that things keep getting weirder.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (733 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
733 KB, 2592x1944
Anyone else getting that feeling that things keep getting weirder.
Like nothing seems right or stable anymore.
Like people acting differently, or feeling that something is watching you, stuff like that.
>>
Sounds like paranoia...
>>
>>16994670
dude your just paranoid
>>
Other things I've noticed include:
Troubled sleep, more dreams.
Rare things happening more often (friends have noticed too).
Noises out of nowhere (others have noticed).
More interference of electronics.
Animals acting strange.
>>
>>16994688
anything you have in your house that started it?
>>
>>16994681
>>16994677
I assumed it was paranoia until lots of IRL friends started complaining about it at the same time I noticed it.
>>
>>16994688
or something you got recently?
>>
>>16994691
I can't pinpoint exactly when it started.
>>
>>16994688
Yeah this.

Dogs barking for no reasons in farm land... I used to be the only dog owner, Both of my dogs passed last year though.

Electrical problems more previlant.

Those trumpet sounds.

Feels like purgatory. Maybe the believers were raptured and this is our purgatory.
>>
>>16994696
Nothing new coincided with it starting, and it's happening to a lot of people I know.
Even a family member who was visiting from another country complained to me about having this feeling everywhere too.
>>
>>16994701
The dog barking thing is a big one, quite a few neighbors have dogs who in all my years have never barked for no reason, now they do it all the time.
>>
>>16994705
sounds like a curse (hopefully not)...
>>
>>16994715
I don't see how a curse could effect so many people in so many places.
It also would seem like a very strange curse.
>>
>>16994670
Are you around mid to late 20's, OP? Might want to see a psychiatrist. Sounds like the onset of schizophrenia. Being honest. That's textbook.
>>
>>16994670
Yes, not only this I have been feeling as if there needs to be more to this. It seems as if nature is unbalanced at the same too, not only that people seem to be acting weirder also.
>>
That's just you growing up. You're finally seeing the world as it truly is. Congratulations, luv.
>>
>>16996327
im interested, anything more you can tell us about the situation?
>>
>>16994670
Its called puberty
>>
I was like you, OP. Now my walls are breathing and everyone seems to be plotting against me.
Psychosis is a bitch.
>>
>>16994701
>Maybe the believers were raptured
no one noticed that they disappeared?
>>
>>16994670
obviously we are coming towards a new era very fast. "happenings" keep happening faster and faster, the world has began changing faster and faster since 2000
>>
I had something really scary happen just before. Was listening back to music I just mixed. At about the 2 second mark the music glitches, then goes silent, then the most terrifying sound engulfs my body. I only heard it for half a second before I ripped off my headphones and jumped out my chair. Then it felt like the air pressure dropped and all the windows started shaking as the dogs outside start growling too. I thought the world was ending right that second.
>>
>>16996974
death is not death
>>
>>16996947

how could that happen?

>>16996987

no matter what?
>>
you opened the third eye
>>
>>16997139

What are the consequences?
>>
>>16997122
how could what happen?

how could we notice that they disappeared? well if people were "raptured" to a better place then they wouldn't be around us anymore and we'd think they disappeared, wouldn't we?

how could we not notice? we would notice immediately, and that's why it didn't happen.

don't really know what you are asking me but hopefully i covered it.
>>
>>16994670
Yes OP. I see things getting stranger. I think it's strange that in the age of information, the avg IQ compared to 200 years ago, when 50% of the population were illiterate, is actually dropping. We are seeing the rise of the belief in magic, demons, ghosts and such. And even now there are people that think the earth is flat! Check them out, I think they are called "the flat earth society". Also the rise of clairvoyants, tarot readers, phycics. In the Age of Enlightenment, people actually died to rid society of these superstitions. Now they are rolling in their graves. With the abundance of information, comes the abundace of fools that would've been happy hunting witches in the 17th century. We are purposely being bombarded by information to mask the truth of experiment and observation. Hearsay, belief, superstition is the order of the day
>>
schizophrenia
>>
>>16997202
you make some claims that i have never seen proof for. where is the proof that the "avg IQ compared to 200 years ago" is lower?

>he abbreviation "IQ" was coined by the psychologist William Stern for the German term Intelligenzquotient, his term for a scoring method for intelligence tests he advocated in a 1912 book

if the word for IQ was only invented 100 years ago and anything resembling currently widely used tests originated in the 1930s, i guess you're one of the people who is purposely muddying the waters with false information. kind of funny.
>>
File: 1447686470142.gif (111 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
1447686470142.gif
111 KB, 500x346
OP, this might be related

>at work reading a book
>haven't read this one before because I read series in order
>get to one part and get deja vu
>head starts hurting, the left side, just like when I remember dreams too much
>what happens in the book isn't important to this but I start recognizing everything that happens
>never read it before
>not mentioned in any of the other books in the series
>Dizzy the rest of the night

And that was a week ago today...
Still wondering what happened but have a feeling...
>>
>>16997202
>average IQ dropping

that's not how iq works, m8
>>
>>16997224
Who's spreading misinformation?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3293846

I haven't even read this. Simple google search of "people are getting dumber"
Try it.
Coming up next, no reply from you
>>
>>16997264
Sorry for my misuse of language. I meant just intelligence. Thanks for being thorough. Now apply that practice to your life
>>
File: 040315mils1.jpg (314 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
040315mils1.jpg
314 KB, 640x427
>>16997228

This is why Millennials write in greentext format, more that five words in a row and their brains are over-worked. Unable to process info more complex than text message phrases the world's knowledge can not be accessed by them. Millennials are high tech slaves that don't know how crippled they are.
>>
>>16996947
They were all on that one Malaysian airplane. Soft rapture. just a couple hundred ppl got saved. That was it.
>>
>>16997270
Wow, that's like so deep, man. You're such an enlightened freethinker, dude.
>>
>>16997264
>Reaction time reflects a person's mental processing speed, and so is considered an indication of general intelligence

yeah, if you're measuring intelligence by how fast a person can press a button then maybe you're right. otherwise, it's more complicated and "the average IQ is dropping" is not a scientifically accepted fact.

part of the article just says that dumber people reproduce more so there are more dumb people.

and part of the article says there's been a rise in IQ since the 1940s but the scientist with the theory that we are dumber doesn't like that fact and says it's "just" because of better education, hygiene and nutrition.

either way, there's no conclusive proof for what you originally said so you can stop being an uppity cunt.
>>
>>16997159
>implying that there are enough people that will be saved to notice.
>>
>>16997289
Show me your research buddy. These research scientists have educations and publicised studies. You have an argument to the contrary built on your skewd logic and the ability to knit pick every word I say. I made my comment from my personal perspective. If it comes across as a stated fact, I'm sorry. You don't sound dumb. You must know a little history. You haven't noticed? Are you new here?
>>
>>16994701
>Dogs barking for no reasons in farm land...
>>16994712

Fuck, I noticed this recently too.
>>
Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kHj3yysRrI
>>
any other 27 year olds here who feel their "saturn's return" unfolding?

for me, it feels like everything is completely empty and meaningless now. all the youthful enthusiasm and passion i used to have for various things has completely withered away. i feel like i'm at a crucial mid-life point. there is a need to toughen up for things to come. i can feel the aging, like i'm bursting out of the cocoon of youth. all my friends, even if we were close and walking the same path until this point, have all gone off on wildly different life paths as they entered their 27th year. it's like our "true purpose" is being revealed and the false identities we constructed are being mercilessly torn down by saturn. only those of us who were, all along, on our true path have remained without significant alteration.
>>
I found a severed birds head under my windscreen wiper this morning, so yeah.
>>
>>16997270
But not you. You're the only fifteen year old in the world who sees the truth.
>>
>>16997595

43 year old here. You have no idea.
>>
>>16997146
Closing the other 2.
>>
>>16996327
The layers of reality are peeling back.

The ARG you call the fairy realm is beginning.
>>
>>16997516
Even though this is the first time I get worried from something in /x/. I live in the city surrounded by dogs and I haven't experienced this.
>>
>>16997930
What was it like when people had to use horses?
>>
>>16994670
i have this feeling that things are getting werider. like nothing seems proper or concrete anymore. like people are behaving differently, and something is observing me, and things of that nature.
>>
>>16994677
>>16994681

Eff off shills. Not even a 1 minute gap between your shilling, new record?
>>
>>16994670
Maybe things were always weird and we are just becoming more aware.
>>16999857
These aren't shills, they just assimilate.
>>
>>16994670
Terrance Mckenna said 2012 would be the height of novelty, and after that, who knows... I'm starting to think he was right.
>>
>>16997276

If there are only Asians in heaven I don't want to go and hang with those semen chuggers.
>>
>>16994670
I've been feeling this way since last week.
>>
Been noticing this since 2011 or so. Increase in depression, increase in selfishness, increasing approval of selfishness and general unethical behavior. Children's cartoons seemingly no longer try to have a ethical "moral of the story" anymore. While wAiting for adult swim last night I noticed an episode of teen titans, a show geared towards 12 year olds encourage mindless Black Friday consumerism. Moral of that story wAs that you should join the crowd and fight for cheap plastic on Black Friday.

These hiv commercials too. Encouraging people to keep getting checked but never saying they should put on a fucking rubber when plowing another mans ass.

General decay of society seems in progress.
>>
>>16999919

Increasing commercials for alcohol. Increasing consumption of alcohol via music and media.

Ex: bottoms up by trey songz
>>
File: repent.half.jpg (21 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
repent.half.jpg
21 KB, 426x240
>>16999730
I have similar feelings. And sometimes I really do get the feeling we are living in odd times.
>>
>>16997228
Sounds like a seizure.
>>
File: 0203.jpg (39 KB, 853x459) Image search: [Google]
0203.jpg
39 KB, 853x459
>>16997595
24 here
>>
>>16994670
>>16994701
>>16996327
>>16997139
>>16997270
>>16999730
>>16999901
dataasylum.com
Good luck. :)
>>
The lights some report at night are not aliens, government conspiracies or weather balloons, they are gods. Specifically, they are gods that have created us in the form we are today.
You see, thousands of years back when we were mainly independent tribes of hunter-gatherers, these gods visited. They rained down from the skies, unleashing massive cracks and booms that scared the wildlife and scattered the birds.
They attempted to make direct contact, but the tribe people simply saw them as animals, and attempted to scare them away with spears and rocks. The gods did not become scared, because they had "weapons which unleashed lightning". The gods retreated, occasionally giving gifts and sacrifices to the tribes.
The tribes eventually wisened up, and decided to let one of the gods in. That god showed them how to create better shelter, how to avoid and cure common ailments, and most importantly, basic noises which could be used to communicate.
From there on, the tribes realized that the gods were there to help them, not to hurt them. As the gods taught them more, they became more advanced, beginning to make shrines and monuments in their glory. The tribes, now early civilizations, began to have class systems and economies, gradually spanning into entire political systems and laws.
However, the gods decided their time was done, and they left like they once arrived, with massive booms as they ascended into the heavens.
The civilizations felt sorrow at first, almost despair. However, some people decided to guide the civilizations into the states that the gods wanted. They retreated into lodges, with coats and secret gestures. Guiding the populace was not an easy task, but it was needed.
Some time in the last 500 years, a manuscript was discovered, detailing when the gods would return. In the last 20 years, they started to.
The truth is, the highest societies and organizations were scared. They decided to keep this secret and safe. This is why the world is the way it is.
>>
>>16999919
>>16999919
Oh come on seriously people, read through a history book. We've never lived in such a good era as today. In occidental societies there just to be awful things, plebs that were bound to server for life their master, fucking slaves which were treated like cattle. The world has always been fucked but if I had to choose between "less fucked now" or "more fucked now" I'd go with "less fucked now".
>>
>>17000115
Patters and curiosity that's how we discover new things. I remember once I was eating pecan nuts, it was taking me a long time for each one. Then I noticed that outside the shell you could see a pattern, if you put pressure in a certain way you could get the nut to split almost perfectly in two halves. This is basically how human knowledge started!
>>
>>16994701
What trumpet sounds?
>>
>>16997202
>people died to rid the world of these superstitions.
I think you mean
>you're not allowed to believe in that if i dont
>>
>>16994688
seriously though, dreams!
i havent been dreaming like i am in the last 2 weeks since at least 10 years. i havent changed anything in my life, the dreams are just coming back with a vengeance.
>>
>>16997270
It's obvious you have reached a sense of euphoria from consuming excessive amounts of mountain dew.
>>
File: 2015-09-19 16.26.41.jpg (13 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-19 16.26.41.jpg
13 KB, 540x540
>>16997301
>research
>google
>>
>>17000115
Fuck off Roleplayer.
>>
>>17000601
Yeh I laugh when people refer to looking on Google or Wiki or watching YouTube vids as "research". Funny thing is that comment was not saying that. I was talking about they're research. The reseach scientists on the link. I would never make a fopar like that. Please read again. Nice try though
>>
>>16999730
maybe this is what i'm getting too (not OP or any other poster). i do not feel right recently, i am bored, more anxious than usual, depressed, took up an old cocaine habit again, drinking more, things aren't as interesting. i feel like the craving for stimulation which every person seeks is becoming less and less. i feel like the seeking is ceasing due to some kind of depression, like the nervous systems functions are abstract rendering me nothing, just like a computer as the sense of self recedes further and further until there is nothing left but inhalations and exhalations. is this the beginning of becoming suicidal or something?
>>
>>17000633
It's not the beginning of becoming suicidal or something... Unless that is what you really want? Everyone is so quick to think change is something bad or to be feared. Just accept how you feel, then you can choose to do something about it instead of feeding it. Please be careful with the cocaine habit and drinking as well. Think of yourself sometimes.

This is just what I think: The Earth goes into a new cycle every 2000 years and currently we're in the transition phase into a more peaceful and prosperous age. You need to shed the old skin for the new one. In other words you need balance the old habit patterns in life so that a choice can be made to inhabit one that benefits yourself without taking down life. Take control of your own life without the lies and illusions you grew up believing. Your fear is a defense while your joy is what you should desire.
>>
File: chuckpunch1.gif (410 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
chuckpunch1.gif
410 KB, 500x273
>>16994670
Goddamned can you people shut up about your stupid fucking "feelings." This is the paranormal channel not #yourfuckingfeelz and no it isn't just paranormal just because you bleat, "but mah feelz is all spooky, pa!"
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.