[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, I have a question, I'm interested in learning some magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: wicca.jpg (80 KB, 1206x790) Image search: [Google]
wicca.jpg
80 KB, 1206x790
Ok, I have a question, I'm interested in learning some magic wicca culture and mainly energy and nature, but also consider myself a Christian i believe in God and in Jesus, my question is, Wicca is compatible with Christianity? I can practice rituals of energy and good fortune and my Christian beliefs?
>>
It depends on how literally you want to take the bible. Do you take it as an infallible doctrine of God's supreme will, or as a collection of principles and ideas that should help guide you to leaving a moral life. If the former is the case, then no, wicca would be blasphemous. If not, then so long as you don't do anything "evil" with your magic.
>>
>>16993005
You must interact with the Goddess. Can you cope?
>>
I'm going to tell you this honestly as a Christian who used to practice Wicca: no matter what people say, you absolutely cannot make into the kingdom of God unless you are 100% committed to him. I know it's tempting, but just realize that if you are truly Christian the underline no matter how you view the Bible is that you get to heaven through God alone. You have to make a choice, there is no in-between.
>>
>>16993036
As someone who has been there right?
>>
smart enough to be interested in such things yet still too stupid to think for yourself
>>
>>16993005
The more esoteric and ancestral forms can be compatible, especially if you extend working with Christianized occult readings. Many witches had to work varying parts of Christianity in order to survive. I'm sure there's plenty of sources for you to start upon, especially if you're looking to extend angelic forces and acknowledge working with other forces. The interesting thing about esoteric Christian lore is that many times the forces within the Heavenly and Hellish shift.
>>
If you pretend to do a pretend thing then you can't get into other pretend thing. That's just how Makebelieve Law works.
>>
>>16993046
FFS just let me establish some ethos. Besides, it doesn't even matter because the message is the same, you can't compromise.
>>
Fuck no it isn't comparable. That shit is witchcraft. There's rules about that sort of crap.
Worse than that Wiccanism is just new-age made-up bullshit. It's litterally the same as LARPing. Why would you try pissing off god with some shit that doesn't even work?
>>
If you were any sort of Christian you'd know the fucking answer.

Want to mess with the demons, and still believe in God?

Then you'd better believe he's your enemy.
>>
File: 1507149789149617475.jpg (578 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1507149789149617475.jpg
578 KB, 1920x1080
I just woke up from a dream. I would like info.

There was a deity in my dream. Blonde, vinalla skin tone.

After accident bumbling into a guy then trying to help him pick up his papers I saw he wasn't putting up an effort to pick them up as well just watching as I did it. That's when she appeared she dragged me to this dark room with a bed. I pulled out my phone and noticed she looked different on my phone than in person. In the camera view she had this sparkly type mask that looked like fresh nail polish, with yellow, and blue ish goo coming from her vagina.

I asked if I could take a picture but she told me, she looked beautiful in person all she had was the blue sparkly liquid coming from her vigina, and long blonde hair.

>kinda looked like the picture except different.

She got on top, her right leg kinda bent, and her left leg spread out onto mine but I couldn't get hard. That's when I woke up.

Before the dream I was getting hard for no reason at all for 30minutes prior, was that a deity in my dream??!
>>
>>16993252
Not sure if you know but "Wicca" isn't another way to spell "Satanism"
>>
q.v. the FIRST fucking commandment, Idiot.

>b-but golden calves are probably okay NOW right?
>>
>>16993005
>Ok, I have a question, I'm interested in learning some magic wicca culture and mainly energy and nature, but also consider myself a Christian i believe in God and in Jesus, my question is, Wicca is compatible with Christianity? I can practice rituals of energy and good fortune and my Christian beliefs?
no
>>
>>16993005
I was once interested in wicca and even today I am still drawn to paganism, but as I began to look deeper into christianity I realized I don't even need to be a wiccan or pagan to work with energy and perform rituals. Christianity can get pretty crazy and mystical if you know where to look (like esoteric christianity) and there are plenty of rituals to practice spread out across the denominations. Also there's new thought which I think is basically metaphysical christianity for teens.

There are some people who call themselves christopagans which I am ok with but still kind of iffy about. Some of these christopagans honour the Mother Mary as the feminine deity wicca generally calls for, which I can understand since the catholics honour her as well. I also think the Earth, or Gaia, as God's creation and symbol of nurturing, fits this same role, but worshipping it/her on the same level as God probably conflicts with christiananity.
>>
>>16994048
Any book recommendations?
>>
>>16994075
You might enjoy Jesus Through Pagan Eyes and The Path of a Christian Witch. I'm still (slowly) reading both books myself so I don't have a strong opinion about them. I just like searching the web and reading articles online more.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.