[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phantom Door to Door Salesman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Madam-could-I-sell-you-a--007.jpg (74 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Madam-could-I-sell-you-a--007.jpg
74 KB, 620x372
I have a problem, /x/. Door to door salesmen. In the middle of the night. And they're not actually there.

It all started a week ago. I moved into my new place three weeks ago. Everything was fine. Nobody had lived here for a year or so, it's a rental place in a nice suburban neighbourhood. So last week I wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of my doorbell ringing. 4 or 5 in the morning. I'm a pretty light sleeper, but I figure I'm still asleep and I'm imagining things. Nope, I hear it again. So I get out of bed, open the curtains and look out the window. Nobody at my door. Great, doorbell is busted, I figure. It's one of those cheap ass models, works on batteries. I go downstairs, take out the batteries, figure that's that, go back to bed.

Ten minutes later the doorbell starts ringing again. By this time I was pretty sure I was hallucinating or dreaming, or both, so I just ignored it and the doorbell stopped ringing after a few times and I went back to sleep.

Same thing happened the next night. No batteries, doorbell rings. I'm starting to get creeped out, don't have the balls to go downstairs and just disconnect the bell altogether, so I just wait it out until it stopped. Next morning I decided to just get rid of the door bell. It's probably haunted or some shit. So I go to sleep without a doorbell, confident I fixed the problem. But of course the universe is never that nice, so i wake up to someone knocking on my front door. Not in a menacing way or anything, just more or less a few polite knocks. Then a pause. Then some more knocks. Then a pause. Then nothing. Every time I looked outside of my window, there is nothing there. I'm going to bed in a few minutes. I got myself some earplugs, but it'd be nice to figure out what the hell this is, how I stop it. Should I just fucking open the door to whatever is knocking? I'm concerned it might be something bad trying to get my permission to get into the house.

What do?
>>
Fucking kids have no respect these days, I swear.
>>
>>16991288
Just open the door for him.

He might be trying to enlist you in your local vault.
>>
>>16991301
That's what I figured, but then who was doorbell when it didn't have any batteries in it?
>>
>>16991288
Well fuck my ass and call me Shirley. It's happened again. There's nobody there. The fuck does this even mean? Is it a ghost or something? I'm at the point of just opening the door tonight and be done with it.
>>
Do you have any kind of digital camera or webcam? Point it at the walkway and leave it recording. Even if it's just a shitass old camcorder with a line out to a VCR in 9 hour mode, at least you'll see something.
>>
>>16992862
Alright Shirley, here's what you do. Install a security camera. Note the time when you hear a knock, and check the camera. If it's a ding-dong-ditcher, idk scare them. If it's not, idk move.
>>
Very intrigued
>>
>>16992880
>>16993094
That's probably my best bet. At this point I'm still pretty sure it's just someone fucking with the new guy in the neighbourhood. I just don't get why you'd want to knock on my door at four in the morning on a week day every night.

It's just tiring and messes with my sleep.
>>
>>16991288
Are you insane? NO! Don't just open the door. Obviously it's not normal and if it is, in fact, trying to get your permission to enter the house, you'd be doing exactly that, inviting it in. So... As others have suggested. I would install a camera. I wouldn't expect CCTV standard. You could buy a cheap webcam, connect it to your laptop and before it happens, just turn it on and point it at the door or anywhere with a clear view of the door (outside.)

If someone's actually there, messing with you for fun, get the police. If no one's there but there's knocking, I'd say move out. LOL! Either way, you'll have some sort of evidence.
>>
>>16991288
Just remember OP, it's still your home, if you invite it in, you'll have to live with it. So, don't just open the door.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.