[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reality Delusions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: nasa-exoplanet-kepler-5.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1280) Image search: [Google]
nasa-exoplanet-kepler-5.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1280
Let's discuss what we believe reality is.
I refer to this as delusions because we truly don't know what is or isn't, therefore we believe whichever we do.
If any of these statements fit into a certain school of thought or anything, it'd fit to describe them
I'll begin.
>Humanity has spiritual energy that expresses itself in different ways
>the more aware the person, the more the world bends to their influence
>intelligence is only a small part of spiritual energy
>after death, the mind awakens in a new plane of existence
>the less connection the person has to reality while "living" the more keen and inherently powerful their new existence is
>there are many damaging things in society, mainly propagated by the government in order to make people less self-aware
>occasional glitches in reality are what allow ghosts and paranormal things to exist
If I went into aliens it'd be harder to explain, and it'd stray on government conspiracies but I'm not sure if that's what I'd want for this thread.
>>
File: spacedog.jpg (60 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
spacedog.jpg
60 KB, 550x550
>>16990805
The biggest delusion is the idea that language has a 1 to 1 correlation with reality.

When you say 'spiritual energy' no one can know what is meant because we assign meaning to words collectively, and whatever spiritual energy is supposed to be it's surely a private sensation, atleast not something shared in a verbal way with other people.

This is why meditation, in buddhism and other movements, stresses the letting go of mental chatter.

Whatever reality is, it is not expressible in language
>>
>>16990851
English has SO many words compared to other languages, and they're shitty ones, too. Imprecise.

We need a new language to express ourselves more completely.
>>
Lurking, like a predator innawoods.
>>
Go on OP...
>>
>>16990805
>>Humanity has spiritual energy that expresses itself in different ways

We're not human beings on a spiritual journey, we are spiritual beings on a human journey.

>>the more aware the person, the more the world bends to their influence

Not necessarily. Read Taoism, 'going with the flow', or obedience to a guru, etc.

>>intelligence is only a small part of spiritual energy

Oh yeah.

>>after death, the mind awakens in a new plane of existence

Sho' nuff.

>>the less connection the person has to reality while "living" the more keen and inherently powerful their new existence is

Absolutely not. The less connection to physical reality you have, the more likely you are to be an ineffectual flake. Wanna fly, grow some roots first.

>>there are many damaging things in society, mainly propagated by the government in order to make people less self-aware

Fuckin' A bro.

>>occasional glitches in reality are what allow ghosts and paranormal things to exist

No. Not glitches. That's just how things are. You can get 'focal points' in reality which facilitate spoopy things happening; sacred sites, certain geology, certain architectural geometry, historical events, creating sacred space, etc.

And what spacedog above said about language.
>>
>>16991744
But how do you feel about aliens
>>
File: 1399998611187.jpg (244 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1399998611187.jpg
244 KB, 1200x1600
>>16990805
The observable material universe locked in space/time is but the manifestation of higher dimensions of causal forces. Our minds and "souls" and through them our very world is a battlefield. We find ourselves caught between a struggle which has raged perhaps before the creation of space/time. We are aided and opposed by forces which are older then our reality. Our duty is to choose a side or not choose a side (which is choosing) and to serve our Master completely. Some would consider this a sort of Test, but that is true on some levels. I think this is a kick as time, where one can if one so wills become whatever one wishes if willing to sacrifice enough to do so. Great glory or great infamy is to be had, lads. Our world as we know it had a beginning and will have an end. What are you going to do with this limited amount of time you have been given in this portion of the hologram?
>>
>what reality is

The word "dream" comes to mind
>>
>>16991780
I intend to smoke weed err'day... To observe, ponder, and strike when the time is right.
>>
File: 1391485345958.jpg (606 KB, 1854x2274) Image search: [Google]
1391485345958.jpg
606 KB, 1854x2274
>>16991807
My Niggah
>>
>>16991748
Ha. I want to believe. Seriously, no idea. I've met psychics who say they have experienced UFO's as mental projections. Not had any UFO/AyyLMAO experience myself.
>>
>>16991807
Then you will never know. You will little by little shut down your perception, your joy, your ambition, and give up your life, to what?
>>
>>16991828
Is that not the ultimate freedom?
>>
>>16991822
Now you've met another. I've had a handful of UFO experiences, other than that they involved the sky and big flying machines, they were just like ghosties

>>16991828
I've never had proper ambitions though, I was lazy long before I started smoking weed.
>>
>>16990805
I think I'm Kalki, kinda sucks cuz it is an orobourous of mental illness/reality
>>
OP here, I'll discuss it a bit more if you'd want.
I'll expand on what I discussed earlier, in terms of "glitches". I called them that because they are a skip over from the norm.
UFOs, for one, are honestly the one thing I have trouble describing in my POV.
Like one anon said, I want to believe.
But from an earthly point of view:
>paranormal stuff is spiritual phenomenon that is observable
>sometimes humans can be aware enough to notice things
>even stuff like fae, pixies, etc. are all real and significant examples of how misguided energy can manifest
>there's no such thing as a "human soul", all souls are derived of different spiritual components
>"demons" are people who are extremely aware and work towards goals that harm many others
>demons and aliens are not different, and they have physical forms not grounded in reality
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.