[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What scares you? Something bullshit: Something real: Something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: 5.jpg (408 KB, 551x698) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
408 KB, 551x698
What scares you?

Something bullshit:
Something real:
Something that might be real:
>>
File: tsar bomba fireball.png (274 KB, 698x461) Image search: [Google]
tsar bomba fireball.png
274 KB, 698x461
>>16986781
>Something bullshit:
Alien abduction. It's one of those things that's so cliché now that it seems cartoonish. But I remember how it and the men in black scared me as a kid. I thought the Communion film (before it gets batshit bananas) did a good job of depicting it.

>Something real:
War and the war economy. Sometimes I look at videos of nuclear tests and see it as being the better way to go out. The slow, increasing scale of the industry and business of war that leads to battles being fought over shit that benefits very few, and all the human and environmental damage it brings, worries me deeply.

>Something that might be real:
The child abuse rings. I'm on the verge of saying it is undeniably real, but there's still room for doubt even after Jimmy Saville and others getting busted. It seemed so ridiculous and tinfoil-y up until the last few years. Now it's terrifyingly grounded.
>>
E-e-everything
>>
>>16986781

>Something bullshit: I was scared of chucky for a long time when I was a kid.

>Something real: The dark parts of the ocean

>Something that might be real: Demons, ouija board shit.
>>
>>16986781
BS: The scary stories that get to me are the ones where there's a shadow that shouldn't exist. The cosmically wrong. I don't think there's anything that can violate the laws of physics, but if there is, that's fucking terrifying

Real: I like war guy's answer. Just to offer a different perspective, though, the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker was never brought to justice and got away with over 50 violent break ins and 10 murders and he was fucking audaciously evil.

Might be real: I'm kinda terrified that there might be a botnet or something out there distributed in unaccounted space, capable of going nuclear holocaust on information technology should the group responsible for its deployment (e.g. the US or China) deem it necessary. I'm also seriously creeped out by the thought that a similar distributed botnet could be used for making an artificial superintelligence if the right people wanted to.
>>
>something bullshit:
I'm aware sleep paralysis is a very real problem, but the fears it perpetuates are such bullshit to me, but time and time again I succumb to the illusion. It gets more frightening every time it happens.

>something real:
A suicide bomber/mass shooter in a public setting. It could be anyone.

>something that might be real:
The American governments true power, allowing/orchestrating terrorists attacks for the past century to keep the public in fear, retain power and profit from war. Just typing it makes me feel ignorant, but it's hard not to assume.
>>
File: 1409198301731.png (17 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1409198301731.png
17 KB, 500x375
This ISIS video is scary: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f08_1424123423
>>
>>16986781
>something bullshit
Falling upwards, as in, to the skies
>Something real
I'm getting major surgery in a week, third one this year, anaesthesia overdose is scary
>something that might be real
I think I've been hallucinating lately and schizophrenia runs in my family
>>
File: 1444214449271.jpg (251 KB, 1388x851) Image search: [Google]
1444214449271.jpg
251 KB, 1388x851
>>
>>16986906
>Falling upwards, as in, to the skies
That and gravity turning sideways are two things I'd like to experience, but know would turn horrible after the first few seconds.
>>
>>16986781
>Bullshit
supernatural entities stalking me wherever I go

>real
home intruders killing/raping/torturing me

>could be real
Hell/Biblical rapture. I believe in it being a christian and all but for the purpose of this thread it goes here, I think.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 641x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 641x346
>>16986781
>Something bullshit
When I look off into my hallway at midnight and i feel like someone is there, when I'm showering and my eyes are closed and anything could be watching me, etc
>something real
The fact that someone could easily kill me/break into my home any time they wanted to
>something that could be real
a far more intelligent alien race could enslave us and perform weird experiments on us
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit:
Everyone on the earth vanished but me.
>Something real:
Schizophrenia.
Everything being a simulation. I've read some theories about this and it's fascinating but scary,
>>
>>Something bullshit:
Skinwalkers. I never knew what they were until I read creepy pasta of them on this board and they seriously fucked with me.

>>Something real: Owls. I have a phobia of them. I'm not quite sure where it originates but I will break down in tears just from a picture of one.

>>Something that might be real: Aliens. For some reason just the idea that there is something in the uncanny valley that could possibly sneak into your room at night and take you freaks me the fuck out.
>>
>>16986781
1. innawoods shit
2. swimming in open ocean, politicians purposely or inadvertently fucking up everything
3. Fuckin' ayys fucking up humanity
>>
>>16986791
If you think nuclear war would be the "easy way out", I recommend you watch the movie Threads. If you're really, really lucky you'll die in the blast. If you're not, you'll most likely succumb to radiation sickness, puking and shitting yourself to death in the cold and the dark.

>Something bullshit
Scary old people, specifically scary old ladies, supernatural or not.

>Something real:
Being killed and eaten by a dog / bear / puma / etc.

>Something that might be real
The afterlife / being condemned to eternal punishment by a god I ignored.
>>
>>16986876
good vid, anon
>>
>>16987088
why scary? trips of truth, he won't do any harm.
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: Secret societies controlling humanity
Something real: All mainstream news agencies have an agenda, even though news should be neutral.
Something that might be real: Impending WW3 with nucular weapons involved
>>
>>16990153
Satanic trips :P
>>
>>16989482
>>
Something Bullshit:
I don't think I'm scared by bullshit, but for the effects, I'm going to say I'm scared a lot by my thoughts and they are, most of the time, bullshit. like suddenly going blind or having a limb amputated, etc.

Something Real:
Definitely being murdered or kidnapped, tortured, etc.

War and poverty, the apocalypse. Not knowing how everyone I love is and having to live with they dying the most awful ways. Having to fight for my surviving and consequently having to hurt or be bad to people.
>>
>Something bullshit
supernatural shit appearing in my house/following me around. when i can't see into the room across the hall or whatever i feel like something is staring at me from the dark

>Something real
the deep sea, and whatever the fuck is down there. i love looking at the sea but if i get too close i lose my shit

>Something that might be bullshit
fucking demons and shit like that
>>
Beetles and large bodies of water. No idea why. If I can't see the bottom (especially if it's murky) I don't want a bar of it. Other than that not much.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 895x806) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 895x806
>Maybe Real
Some demon thing in the darkness killing me or stealing my body and soul when I lay in bed
>Real
Terrorist attacks, specifically IS taking over Britain. Seems feasible now because of the dumbass politicians still letting mudslime "refugees" in en masse.
>Bullshit
Monster like abominations coming out of holes in things like the ground and trees grabbing me and dragging me under.
>>
If there are infinite multiverses, there is a statistical possibility for sadistic aliens that could visit and inflict unimaginable and endless torture upon us.
>>
Snakes
>>
>Something bullshit:
any of the stories that have to do with anything being somewhere where there's no plausible reason why they're there or how there's no reason they could have naturally gotten there. there's a leddit pasta about national parks and how deep in the forests there's random shit like staircases or whatever. if i ever saw something like that, even if it was just someone fucking with me i think my brain would turn off. or that baltic sea UFO underwater thing. like if scientists just said it was an old battleship thing that fell off a ship or a shipwreck, i wouldn't freak out. but they say it's just a normal natural geological formation. what fucking natural geological formation shows up like it, you know?

>Something real:
getting killed over random bullshit or whatever, i live in white trailer park trash land and most of the people stick to themselves but i can't shake the feeling that i might walk into the wrong crackhead wrong day and get my face eaten off like that homeless guy in florida or killed in a botched robbery

This is all there is. No aliens, no other life out there, no afterlife, nothing. Once I'm dead I'm dead and once everything's dead it's dead.
>>
File: Witch of Lafitte Larose.jpg (308 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Witch of Lafitte Larose.jpg
308 KB, 1000x667
Deep in Marrero, a town located on the West Bank of the Mississippi River near the City of New Orleans, was once a lonely stretch of road named Lafitte Larose Highway. The road spanned several miles with one terminus in Marrero and the other in the town of Laffite, with four lanes, divided in two directions by what we locals call a neutral ground. Within the last decade this road was built up with neighborhoods, shopping centers, a McDonald's at its' terminus and is well lit at night. It even goes by a different name these days: Leo Kerner/Lafitte Parkway. Once upon a time, however, this stretch was dark, heavily wooded and became known for strange and unexplained occurances by the locals. To this day there are people who refuse to drive along the old Laffite Larose Highway at night despite freshly installed streetlights, a brand new police precinct built along the way and ever-thickening urbanization.
>>
>>16990747
One such legend that has evolved from this highway was that of the Witch of Lafitte Larose. Near the Laffite end of the highway is a bridge that crosses a waterway known as the Harvey Canal. Immediately after the bridge ends, the highway abruptly stopped with little warning and you were expected to make a sharp right turn to head toward the town of Laffite. This is because the highway was never completed; it was once meant to take you all the way to Larose, Louisiana, with the road to Laffite being meant as only one of its' exits, but environmentalists halted the construction of the roadway in the 1980s. The resulting sharp turn had first become known as the local dead man's curve for its' notorious fatality rate among night time motorists.
>>
>>16990749
Nobody knows quite when the Witch began to take residence on Laffite Larose Highway. She is commonly described as a very old lady who appears so thin that you can make out the curves in her bones. Her skin is pale and baggy and she always appears covered in rotting garments stitched together from a time when pirates and bandits once roamed this countryside. Her hair is always white as snow and her eyes are never seen, instead replaced with voids darker than the night surrounding her. Her first recorded appearance was sometime in the late 1980s when a motorist reported seeing an old lady later recognized as the Witch standing still in the middle of the road. Her eyes were like voids staring him down as the motorist quickly came upon her, never flinching, just standing and scowling at the driver. The motorist was forced to slam on his brakes and swerve to avoid the old woman. When he stopped his car just a few feet ahead of where she was, he got out to look for her, but she had disappeared. Three days after reporting the incident to police he, along with his wife and two kids, were found crashed into a tree. He was attempting to navigate the dead man's curve near Lafitte, late at night, according to the local newspaper The Times-Picayune. All occupants in the vehicle were dead. There was no sign of foul play and no presence of alcohol in the driver's system.
>>
>>16990749
The Witch is known to appear on the highway occasionally sitting in a rocking chair. One motorist reported to police in the mid 1990s that he was driving along Laffite Larose Highway towards Marrero when suddenly he caught sight of the woman, in a rocking chair, sitting in the middle of the road. He attempted to swirve and avoid hitting the Witch at first, but the old hag in the rocking chair began to move in front of the car, keeping pace with the vehicle's speed. She kept rocking away in front of the motorist, flying down the highway with the man as if she were herself inside of an invisible car. When the motorist and his spectral guest got closer to civilization (in those times, civilization began over near Pritchard Road) the woman seemingly disappeared in a small cloud of white smoke.

I personally know the man who witnessed that last event; to this day, he refuses to ever drive down Lafitte Larose Highway. He claims the old woman in the rocking chair haunts his nightmares every evening, beckoning him to return to her roadway. In every single dream he complies and drives down the highway with the Witch in her rocking chair sailing before him. They get to the dead man's curve; she jumps out of her chair with the agility unknown to any human, no matter how good of a shape they are in. She flies right into his car through the windshield, and the last thing he always tells me he sees before awakening into a cold, damp sweat is her mouth wide open with sharpened teeth, eyesockets containing the darkest night, right in his face as if her head were propped on top of the steering wheel. Once my dear friend jolts awake it's clear in his mind what she was looking to feast upon: his soul.
>>
>>16990754
Last night, he must have finally given into her desire. A motorist called 9-1-1 and reported headlights coming from the woods off the side of Laffite Larose Highway. At dead man's curve, police recovered my friend's body inside his mangled car. He was found with his hand upon his face as if trying to defend from an unseen assailant.
>>
>>16986906

falling upwards.... the nightmares that i had as a child were always about falling into the sky
>>
File: 986b.png (516 KB, 749x608) Image search: [Google]
986b.png
516 KB, 749x608
>>16986781

Something bullshit: Isn't everything?

On that note:
Something real: Heights, deep water, not being able to generally succeed with existence

Something that might be real: Transdimensional reptilian/extraterrestrial entities infiltrating and running/manipulating a potential simulation of reality or augmented variant for the sole purpose of enslavement or resource extraction (or even scarier, something beyond our comprehension)
>>
File: StopItTidyUp.jpg (15 KB, 441x315) Image search: [Google]
StopItTidyUp.jpg
15 KB, 441x315
Something bullshit: This show.
Something real: This show.
Something that might be real: This show.
>>
>>16986781
>be me
>based as fuck
>truly believe if im not scared of nothing nothing will happen
>live in Canada
>drive up north
>feels like im being staulked
>was checking on some 'plants' i planted 10 hours drive from Toronto
>literally in the middle of no where
>car gets stuck in a big puddle of clay on a road 3 hours from the nearest town
>spent 5 hours digging by myself to no avail
>spend the night in the car, bear moose and coyotes wondering nearby
>walk next day with only axe and water bottle until I meet some stranger for a hike
>spent several days after my car was pulled out, in the same area looking for what staulked me in the beginning
>feels like shadow person or goatman
>reach nearby hotel couple days later, still feels like i attracted something mang
>finally in hotel room, late at night 3:33am wakeup randomly, big dark shadowy figure standing looking at me
>i stare back into its blank face, say come get me
>feel like its only trying to intimidate me, get up and walk to where 'its standing'
>presence noped the fuck out
>standing wondering why a shadow person would leave me alone,
>forever alone based
>fuck being scared..

got a couple haunted ghost stories i can post after my 420 :)
>>
>>16991137
>move into gfs mom townhouse (gfs mom moved out into bfs hosue so it was just the two of us)
>random ghost presence, friend calls him steve
>sleep in pitch black basement most of the time
>gfs mom is a mexican witch type, has sand, crystals, old creepy paintings, strong personality
>can sense presence one day, while getting high with gf,
>decide to call steve out for being a pussy ghost
>green out on shitty weed (only time ever), puke a bit after im ok
>decide to be nice to steve after
>just randomly talk outloud to steve about my day when im alone
>wake up again at 3:33am, in pitch black basement, walk over to a secret closet, open it and find a random painting
>scariest looking painting, of like 10 refugees whose souls are trapped in the painting
>bring painting out of closet and hang it upstairs
>ghosts are around a plenty now
>gf starts getting freaked out
>one day swearing 'i hate God, my life is so shit'
>walks upstairs and trips into dog shit, crying laughing insanely
>chill with steve and his famjam while watching kenny vs spenny whole time
>>
>>16986781
What scares you?

>Something bullshit:
get fucked up by a monster or a serial killer
Something real:
die from dehydration
illuminati
>>
>Something bulshit: My heart gets from 0 to 100 and start feeling anxious when there are no lights on or I'm alone.
>Something real: Bees, wasps, you name it.
>Something that might be real: I sometimes remember seeing two shadow figures alongside my bed as a kid, but they only started appearing when my two grandparents died. Not particularly scary but it really creeped me out.
>>
>>16989482
>>16990168
Many American Indian cultures from the woodlands associate owls with death. When you hear an owl during the day it can mean the death of a loved one or someone nearby. When you see one during the day, it can mean your own death. They're not malevolent, just messengers. Seeing them at the zoo or a wildlife refuge just means you're seeing them at the zoo...
>>
>>16986906
I've always been afraid of falling up, too. Just lying on my back looking up outside gives me the creeps. Whatever brisk relief or what have you of imagining being able to be in the air evaporates quick.

>Something bullshit
pic related
>something real
Dying of appendicitis
We're not getting physics right, or maybe the rules will change at some point and we'd never see it coming. Then things we thought debunked or improbable start happening, resulting in very frightening, strange and harmful things going on resulting in a point of no return. Not neccisarily total extinction of humanity and the end of existence, maybe something like Hell and we might never know why or really adapt to make it more bearable. Or maybe we would know the real reason as to why our world was altered and it'd be even more horrifying.
>>
File: Whatthe.png.png (62 KB, 510x436) Image search: [Google]
Whatthe.png.png
62 KB, 510x436
>>16991258
Sorry forgot pic lol

Also >>16990710
Yeah I know that story. The staircases are from what I remember a way to trap people by a species of specialized predators... THey don't seem to be very effective though.
>>
>>16986781

1. Wendigos
2. Clowns
3. Wendigo clowns
>>
BS : Reptilians
SR - Deranged Serial Killers
SMBR - Cryptids
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit
I don't remember his name, but the story goes a guy gets a virus, and then the home gets haunted and shit goes weird on /x/ etc. There was some freaky video to it aswell. Getting a part in that. BS, but freaky.

>Something real
It's not like I'm scared of dying, but surviving a terrorattack, losing a limb or someshit.

My sleep paralysis wasn't just that, but there was an actual killer/creep at the edge of my bed.
>>
Something bullshit: Nothing. horror fucking sucks.
Something real: Insanity.
Something that might be real: Nothing of the paranormal nature. The only thing that brings fear to me is the possibility of my own self going insane.
>>
File: 1439662769917.gif (2 MB, 177x100) Image search: [Google]
1439662769917.gif
2 MB, 177x100
>>16986781
>>16986781
All of the above depending on how well it's done.

Also I should mention this vid
since it got me thinking of all that dangerous fungi, and spores ect...
Also, awesome music by Tobin!
>>
>>16991464
Oops forgot link

https://youtu.be/bgWywTdqMws
>>
>Bullshit: don't know what to say, if it's something i know is bullshit, why would it scare me? scary stories i guess
>real: loneliness
Might be real: I've always felt a bit of dread when i've seen pics of your typical alien, big black eyes on a big head and small body, you know the type, the greys.
First time i remember responding to that fear was when i saw Signs as a kid, but those aliens don't actually match the description i react to
>>
test
>>
File: eye twitch.gif (108 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
eye twitch.gif
108 KB, 400x299
>>16989482
>afraid of owls
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (52 KB, 292x244) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
52 KB, 292x244
>Something bullshit
Demons, going to "hell" when I die.

>Something real
Having my throat/Wrists slit (cringes). dying in my sleep. shark attacks. memory loss. Bleeding out. Being blind.

Nothing is real, and everything i try is pointless.
My fate has already been determined and I can't change it. Humans will never make it far, and we will be extinct :(
>>
>>16994704
You want to go in your sleep though. It's painless, like how if you snore bad you're not in pain until you wake up. Obviously you want to do it when you're old, but like, you want that more than a car wreck or EAR/ONS returns or something. Don't fear that, it's no problems.

Also, good news, Calvinists are full of as much shit as Arminians, hell doesn't work that way even if it exists
>>
File: BEK.jpg (78 KB, 190x250) Image search: [Google]
BEK.jpg
78 KB, 190x250
>Something bullshit
Black eye kids

>Something real
After seeing the strange deaths thread, getting a nasal infection and having a hole rot through my fucking head.

Whatever the fuck is vanishing people in National Parks.
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: A virus that makes everyone evil, like in that comic book.
Something real: i'm afraid of dying suddenly in my sleep, mostly by a heart attack.
Something that might be real: Unexpected asteroid collision/Sudden destruction of humanity.
>>
>>16986781
1. hags.
2. drowning, just the thought of water filling your lungs and dragging you down. its scary.
>>
>>16997101
fuck, forgot one.
3. Hags.
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: the dark
Something real: spiders
Something that might be real: alien abduction (at night)
>>
>>16994704
>someone believing he's not real

even philosphers accept we're real fucking fag

ur just believing normie spooky shit
>>
>>16986859
I feel
>>
Something bullshit: Running zombies, scared me as a kid and scare me to death now

Something real: Prostitution rings, as someone who wants a daughter that is terrifying

Something that might be real: Super diseases that could kill/infect quickly enough to spread across the world
>>
The insignificance of my life and the vastness of the universe.
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: Demons. I was raised Catholic so they drilled if you fuck up your gonna get anal raped by the Beelzibros and swim in fire.

Something real: Being tied up or held down to the point where I can't move. Freaks me the fuck out.

Something that might be real: OPs mom. A nightmare creature with a pustulous vagina, weighing almost 12,000 Lbs
>>
File: Fast_zombie.jpg (98 KB, 377x617) Image search: [Google]
Fast_zombie.jpg
98 KB, 377x617
>>16998211
>Running zombies
Better not play Half-Life 2, then.
>>
>Something bullshit:
Becoming so mentally unstable my family throws me into the psych ward.

>Something real:
Natural catastrophes/any incident in which people are forced to evacuate in order to survive, mainly tsunamis, earthquakes and tornadoes. I have poor survival instincts and 7 cats and I know I wouldn't be able to save them all.

a third World War or something similar breaking out.
>>
>>16998308
It IS breaking out.. You can't be living in a cave since you're posting on 4chan. Haven't you been watching the news the last 3 years?
>>
File: s345463.jpg (322 KB, 780x1134) Image search: [Google]
s345463.jpg
322 KB, 780x1134
>>16986781
>Something Bullshit:
your ordinary ghost/ghoul hiding in a dark room waiting for me to turn the lights on, something similar to OP's pic. pretty childish i know.

>Something real:
Car incidents. Earthquakes. Terrorists. Someone normal looking but that is secretly a sadistic killer/rapist/whatever.

impending war
>>
>>16998324
That's actually what I meant. I'm lucky enough to live in a country which hasn't been affected by it yet, and I'm terrified it will eventually.
>>
File: 1445293910736.jpg (153 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
1445293910736.jpg
153 KB, 480x476
>>16986781
>Something bullshit
Evil trees in the forest at night. I live in a swamp and I mean far out into a swamp and I occasionally walk in there and always make sure to be out by night. I feel though as if the trees are evil and are just staring at me with hateful feelings.

Something real: Girls, heights and people in general.

Something that might be real: Heart attack from a dream. [spoiler]or being woken up in the middle of night by evil spirits just to terrorize me or more.[/spoiler]
>>
>>16998386
Don't mind the horrible layout of how I typed this.
>>
>>16990757
No such thing. I use to work in Jefferson parish. I drove through the area every night for two years. Nothing spoopy, just dark in places.
>>
Something Bullshit: Being in a dark room alone.

Something Real: Being the victim of a nuclear attack and not dying right away(Think Ant Walking Aligator people, if you have never heard of them, google it.)

Something that Might be Real: Demons, being posessed.
>>
>>16998242
This.
>>
>>16998386
>lives in swamp
>afraid of people

holy shit are you some kind of river troll
>>
File: tumblr_mbfucuWUvQ1r2nypdo1_500.jpg (28 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbfucuWUvQ1r2nypdo1_500.jpg
28 KB, 500x392
>>16999009
>>
>wake up in the middle of the night
>dark figure at the foot of my bed
>look closely to notice a shrunken face with hollow sockets
>it insidiously bears a rotten grin
>slowly curls over my feet
>it hovers closer to me
>i hastily pull the sheets over
>my hand is firmly grasped around my cock
>it notices and jerks back with a confused face
>in a shrill voice asks what im doing
>i stand up on my bed furiously masturbating
>it slowly backs away to the door
>tries to open the door to escape me
>tfw sleep with a locked door
>it retreats to a corner in fear "please no"
>i approach him while remaining solid eye contact
>LOOK AT ME
>He panics and bursts through the window fatal crashing onto my front lawn
>mfw i never finished
>>
>>16999121
10/10. Would lel again
>>
>Something bullshit:
Australian forest spookys, like yowies ect. I dont actually think their fully bullshit but its unlikely
>Something real:
The way the world is headed, we need some sort of national socialism.
Japanese city spooks like op's pic, Japanese shit is the worst man. And not even super-natural, just fucked people.
>>
>bullshit
everyone i ever knew being fake, cursed paintings
(fuck you, op. i know that pic)
>real
dark parts of the ocean, any painful form of death, chemical warfare and coconut spiders.
>maybe real
colossal sea creatures bigger than a house, efficient murder robots, hell,
>>
>>16986837
>dark parts of the ocean
Ya mean "night time"?
>>
>>16986906
Anesthesia under-dose way scarier than anesthesia over dose
>>
>>16999267
>doc, im still awake

SHHHH THE KIDNEY IS ALMOST IN
>>
>>16988015
>>Something bullshit:
>Everyone on the earth vanished but me.
I can't think of anything I want more.
>>
>>16990128
>If you think nuclear war would be the "easy way out", I recommend you watch the movie Threads. If you're really, really lucky you'll die in the blast. If you're not, you'll most likely succumb to radiation sickness, puking and shitting yourself to death in the cold and the dark.
There's also this: Google "ant walking alligators"
>>
>>16990757
>no matter how good of a shape they are in.
Lol, good of a shape
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit:
Anything more real than I already am.
>Something real:
Anything less real than I already am.
Anything.

I'm easily frightened.
>>
A lot of stuff scares me but the only thing that make me sweat cold is 'being dirt poor'.
>>
>>16987147
This exactly, except

>Bullshit
I have an irrational fear of all bugs, from moths to spiders to aphids.
>>
>>16999543
These are good things to be frightened about. Fear is wasted on trivial things too often.
>>
>Something Bullshit:
Nothing on the top of my head

>Something Real:
Existential Death Anxiety and death

>Something That Might Be Real:
Possibly an murder or crime related incident happening to me
>>
>>16989482
Don't worry anon.

The owls are not what they seem.
>>
>>16989482
This is for you,Anon.Enjoy.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220198/
>>
Serial killers.

My biggest fear is a loved one just being taken and dissapearing no closure, no nothing.
>>
Something bullshit: moths

Something real: unexplained disappearances and the fact that they can happen to anyone

Something that might be real: the creatures in depths of the oceans on europa (jupiter moon)
>>
Something bullshit: The woods at night
Something real: A slow and painful death
Something that might be real: Hell
>>
Failure.
>>
>Something bullshit:
Tooth decay
>Something real:
Cougars
the doll from Bloodborne
>>
Something bullshit:
Being alone in the dark

Something real:
Eye injuries

Turning to see someone standing in your window and someone tying you down and stabbing and clawing and ripping up your eye until it's become soup, then you're left sitting there begging for death to finally release you.
>>
the idea of pain
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: possession of myself or those around me by demons
Something real: irrationally acts of extreme violence being randomly perpetrated against me in public. (See: rekt threads on /gif/ while getting super high)
Something that might be real: Satanic cults just under the nose of society
>>
File: 1439359243187.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1439359243187.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
>>17000125
>>
1. That there is something always directly behind me that I can't turn around fast enough to see. My mind imagines it as a black haired woman with a mouth like the scream mask.

2. Dying from a very long (years, if not decades long) illness that is impossible to diagnose until a few days before my death. It is extremely painful, humiliating and debilitating. It has caused me to lose my job, family, friends, and everything I care about. Once it is diagnosed, they tell me it is ridiculously simple to treat and I could have been cured entirely in days, and I would be in perfect health, if only I had been diagnosed sooner. Then I die, completely alone except for the thoughts of what my life could have been.

Also, any kind of dementia, or serious mental illness. Especially if it progresses slowly and I'm fully away that something is going wrong with my brain, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Without our minds, can we truly be people? What defines a person? Not in the legal sense, but more in the emotional sense. To add onto that, the loss of hearing or vision. I can't handle the thought of never seeing my children's faces, or listening to music

I suppose that being helpless and hopeless what I'm really scared of.

3. Someone sneaking into my room and hiding under my bed while I'm in the bathroom.
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit: ghost/spirits/demons etc
>Something real: germ warfare
>Something that might be real: super rabies
>>
>Something bullshit:
Dying
>Something real:
People in power know when something is harmful/deadly but do nothing to stop it because it would stop making them money
Reincarnation
>>
>Something bullshit
Probably the rapture. Being left to suffer while people I love go on without me, even involuntarily, terrifies me.
>Something real
Being surrounded or cornered scares the fuck out of me. Zombie movies get to me for that reason. Also, when there are stare-down moments in creepy pastas I can almost feel the adrenaline rush. Those fucking pictures of people standing at the foot of your bed staring at you unsettle me at such a deep level, it's like painless torture. You know you're fucked and helpless, but the bastard is just going to look at you, prolong your fear and build up your anticipation for what he'll do to you.
>Something that may be real
Sea monsters or enormous ocean creatures that are undiscovered scare me too, I'm already terrified of the ocean.
>>
File: 1448342535222.gif (4 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1448342535222.gif
4 MB, 400x225
>>16986781

Something bullshit: just like>>16986791
I'm terrified of being abducted by stereotypical sci-fi aliens. For example; the movie Alien Abduction, the one about the autistic kid with the camera, scared me so bad I couldn't sleep for a week. I watched 5 seasons of Hunter x Hunter in a week.

Something real: I'm fucking afraid of trains. They're big, loud, and metal as fuck. I always stop 3-5 car lengths away when one is coming.

I'm also fucking terrified of deep water in general. Even lakes and shit freak me out. I mean, i love to swim, but fuck that deep wild water shit. Anything could be down there.

Something that might be real: i suppose I'm afraid of a negative afterlife. I'm not religious, so if there is a hell or a purgatory or whatever I'm fucked.
>>
>Something bullshit:
Ghost inside apartment that dog can see but my girlfriend and I can't.

>Something real:
Getting woken up in the middle of the night and being taken to a secret prison and told that I will never leave. It's already happened once so that shit is terrifying.

>have lucid dreams frequently
>Always wake up in the house I lived in when I was a teenager
>Realize I am in a dream and try to do cool things like flying/banging hot chicks
>can't do any of that
>I am the only one in my dream
>resolve to watch tv and snack while waiting to wake up
>always end up watching either The Big Bang Theory, Star Trek: The Next Generation, or the X-Files
>Always an episode that doesn't exist in real life
>>
>Something bullshit:
Oh, the irony.

>Something real:
Not existing, forgetting myself.

Everything is real to a degree.
>>
>>16999267
Anesthesia in general scares me. I had surgery on my hand a few years ago and I swear to God when they put the mask over my face I started dying. Everything just drifted away and the last thing I heard was a female nurse singing and felt them unwrapping the thing I had covering my hand. My last experiencing before waking up was thinking I was being killed and tried to rip the mask off but couldn't move then passed out.
>>
>>16999288
same here t b h
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: I'd say bugs, but they can be an actual threat and they scare me more than anything else like dead bodies. Dead bodies are already dead and pose no threat so they don't scare me. So no, I'm not afraid of any bullshit.

Something real: Life. Life is scary, and I was given famine surviving genes in a modern world where that's mostly useless. I wasn't designed to survive in this world. Fading away silently into the night might seem like a bitch move, but it's better if I kill myself sooner rather than later.

Something that might be real: This might just be a matrix that some Josef Mengele type doctor is carefully crafting for me while also drugging me and examining my brainwaves and reactions to drugs and shit. The scary part would be that I would have absolutely zero knowledge or control over it if it was true.
>>
>Something Bullshit
Doors. They've frightened me for years.
>Something real
Being unluckily selected as a victim of some twisted crime that results in torture and things of that sort.
>Might be real
Mental disorders run in my family, and I'm afraid I'm going to kill myself before I get to see my firstborn child.
>>
>>16986876
>the medical care is top notch, just like that dick
holy fuck i lost it. everything else was lol that's funny, but that, that got me cackling.
>>
>>16986781
>Not fearing God, and only God, The Most High
>>
>>17003829
>Getting woken up in the middle of the night and being taken to a secret prison and told that I will never leave. It's already happened once so that shit is terrifying.

Um, explain?
>>
Bullshit: The government actually having the capacity to mass spy on people, i.e. secret cameras in your house, seeing every one of your personal moments.

Real: Someone breaking into my house or attacking/kidnapping me on the street, especially a serial killer. Radiation - you can't see it, hear it, smell it, touch it, or sense it, but it'll invade your body and fucking kill you dead.

Might be real: Child abuse/sex rings. It's not like it doesn't already happen to adults.
>>
>>16994733
Living your whole life heading to one unavoidable point and then sleeping through that is a total waste.
>>
>>16997851
Philosophers choose to believe they're real because humans can't accept the alternative/10 you lazy bitch
>>
>bullshit
Face hugger
>something real
A war
Possessed by demons
>>
> bullshit
i guess aliens invading Earth?
> real
cancer
> might be real
some super virus like Ebola mutating and fucking us in the ass (figuratively)
>>
>>17001229
dont fucking joke around with tooth decay that shit's real.

I lost my grandfather to tooth decay
>>
>>16989482

Yeah this all sounds too much like The Fourth Kind, which is fucking ridiculously scary. Alien shit like that is cray cray
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: Castration
Something real: lose god's connection
Something that might be real: Infinite sleep paralysis while demons surround you.
>>
>>16998386
kill me, pete
>>
>>16990677

You do realize that Britain is one one of the oldest, and most powerful powers in the world. Next to America. And 200+ years ago they all but ruled the world.

Some stupid sand-niggers aren't gonna take over a power that big. And refugees aren't part of the Islamic State. I honestly don't know where people are getting that from. It's like saying that Jews fleeing Germany and Germanic controlled areas from execution are themselves nazis... That just makes no sense. Think about what you say before you say it.
>>
>>17006151
>Some stupid sand-niggers aren't gonna take over a power that big. And refugees aren't part of the Islamic State. I honestly don't know where people are getting that from. It's like saying that Jews fleeing Germany and Germanic controlled areas from execution are themselves nazis... That just makes no sense. Think about what you say before you say it.

Where do you think we are? We have this place called /pol/. That's where people get that from.
>>
>>16991050

Is there some type of medication that you, perhaps haven't taken today. Or maybe that you have taken too much of today?

Just curious.
>>
>>17006162

Its still true, no matter how crudely put. If you're the poster of that comment you really need to think before you talk.
>>
>>17006226
Are you asking me if I'm >>17006151? Cuz I'm not. I replied to them.
>>
>Something bullshit: ...
>Something real: Dying shittily
>Something that might be real: The annihilation of humanity by something from space
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: I still have a fear of the dark sometimes. Nothing serious but it's just unsettling as fuck if I am alone. Also cockroaches and bugs.

Something real: Dying alone, dying too young, having those dear to me hurt or die

Something that might be real: Western society being phased out of existence in the coming decades
>>
>>17006233

No, I'm not. You should read more carefully. You're mad because that poster called them sand-niggers, I'm guessing.

Still, ISIS is not recruiting Strian refugees, the refugees are fleeing them. Because, you know, they're getting killed and murdered in collateral damage. Sorry you're a SJW or something that has to have the FCC censor comments before you see them.
>>
>>17006269
What? Maybe you need to read more carefully.

>>17006151
>Britain is stronk, won't be taken over.
>Refugees aren't IS
>Where do you get that from?

I.e. where do you get the idea that refugees are part of IS, since you seem to lack reading comprehension.

>>17006162 (Me)
>We get it from /pol/, we're on 4chan after all.

Calm your tits and stop projecting, broski.
>>
File: 1408716721689.jpg (506 KB, 1736x1150) Image search: [Google]
1408716721689.jpg
506 KB, 1736x1150
>>16986781
Something Bullshit: Illuminati confirm, I watched a lot of conspiracy stuff growing up and I've never been able to shake the spooks from all that stuff.

Something real: The ocean, After getting over my fear of the dark the only thing that truly scares me is being in deep ocean water but i love the ocean at the same time.

Something that might be real: Aliens/Great old ones unknowable shit freaks me out.
>>
>>17006310

I see that you're just saying the same thing I said. May I suggest you kindly stop because you're embarrassing yourself. You literally just rephrased the things I said. But by all means, keep making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>17006326
>You literally just rephrased the things I said.
No I didn't. 9/10 for making me reply though.
>>
>>16986781

>Something bullshit:

Shadow people - I know now that we have more than a tenancy to assign agency to the unknown and that it is ridiculous to assume that these things actually exist, that our recollection of events aren't infallible especially when we're still developing. Though I've seen them and they are terrifying.

> Something real:

The angry mob mentality that drives people to march with torches and pitchforks. Especially when it's driven by a misunderstanding.

Things or events that do not make sense in the context of knowable reality, and should not be. I'm talking 2001 A Space Odyssey/Lovecraftian levels of fuckery.

"Oh my god, it's full of stars" that line fucked me up as a kid. It fucked me REALLY BAD.
>>
Kek this guy: >>17006310 , should see >>17006213 response. It seems really fitting.
>>
>>17006310
Oh wow I just realized HOW my omnipotence was manifesting prior to today.

I was controlling geopolitics to change the activity on /x/ to be more to my liking. No wonder my last thread went so horribly.
>>
The favorite people in my life dying/disappearing lol.
Being stranded in opaque ocean water with nothing and no one in sight.
The Molemen...
>>
>boo
>>
>>16986781

>> something bullshit:

Aliens coming to earth war of the worlds style, and using our flesh as fertilizer.

>> Something real:

The conservation of the planet wasn't started anywhere near early enough, and assuming we get lucky enough to avoid asteroid collisions and gamma ray bursts/ supernova radiation, our species is not going to even get the chance to leave the planet. If you think about nuclear war, there is at least a small chance that our species may survive. Whereas our Earth becoming uninhabitable by all lifeforms would most definitely stop our species from going on. The unimaginable feeling of humans as a species not being able to keep trucking along the evolutionary track terrifies me, and depresses me greatly.

Also I will add heights/ freeways to the list of things I'm afraid of. It is a phobia issue for me, not a rational one.

>> Something that might be real:

The complete overshadowing and disinformation tactic of governments/ corporations to keep the truth away from people. I am a huge believer in gaining knowledge and humanity becoming as eutopic as possible (without becoming like 'brave new world'). This seems to be where the world is going, as science gets 0 funding, and war gets sideways eight amounts of funding.
>>
>>17006937
>not being able to keep trucking along the evolutionary track terrifies me, and depresses me greatly
Sorry, but that was the "something real" section. Theories about hypothetical events that otherwise have no reason to exist but that fact that so many people believe in them aren't valid. It'd be like worrying about the rapture, which isn't even part of actual Christian prophecy. It's a dramatization that has no basis in the literature.

Also:
>LW paranoia hive detected
>>
whales
>>
>>16991263
What is your pic related?
>>
>>17007696
it's from the nes godzilla story
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/NES_Godzilla_Creepypasta
>>
>>17007703
Ughh that's a long read. Is it worth?
>>
Something bullshit: being in some sort of Truman show. Everything in my life being controlled by other people and everything being fake. Friends jobs school etc

Something real: meteors, tsunamis, nuclear war, serial killers, terrorist attacks, collapse of the government

Something that might be real: illuminati
>>
>>17006391
>dat megalomania
>>
>>17007891
It was honestly an accident. If I'd truly accepted my omnipotence earlier, I'd have noticed that it was totally possible for it to manifest that way.
>>
>>17007715
I'm pretty sure some people have narrated it on Youtube if you search for Godzilla NES. I've read it, and it's pretty good. Really long, but something you can really get into.
>>
File: 1216588455970.jpg (152 KB, 700x557) Image search: [Google]
1216588455970.jpg
152 KB, 700x557
>>16986781
Nigger hordes.
>>
AAAAAAAA GOD DAMN X HELP ME OUT HERE I NEED THIS HELP

EVERY
FUCKING
DAY
EXACTLY AT 14:30 TO 14:40
I HAVE THIS FUCKING EVIL FEAR OF.. I DONT KNOW?! IM TRYING O FIGURE IT OUT. IM SCARED OF LARGE THINGS. HARD THINGS. FEELING SOMETHING OF MASS ON MY LOWER JAW LIKE A ROCK. I WAKE UP IN THE NIGHT SOMETIMES HUGING MY PILLOW AND IT FEELS HARD SO I MOVE AWAY FROM IT AND HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT THINGS TOWERING OVER ME. THINGS BEING TOO BIG. TOO HARD. IM SO CONFUSED?
>>
>>17008259
Can you post that again without sounding like you have autism?
>>
>>17008297
he's homosexual and wants hard dicks
>>
File: 9.jpg (66 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
66 KB, 482x427
>>16986781
Bullshit: monsters, ghosts, demons
Real: getting kidnapped only to be tortured, raped, killed etc
Might be real: conspiracy theories
>>
>>17008310
I was actually serious.
>>
>Bullshit
Aliens, skinwalkers, demons, spirits

>Real
ISIS, war, terrorist attacks (I have been trying not going the mall/any big public spaces)

>might be real
For the past 11 months I have feeling that some human is watching me. Like, they go to sleep, and in their dream they see what I am doing. And I just feel uncomfortable showering, doing anything weird, because they are going to laugh at me. Also, I think I am getting hallucinations, and I don't want to be schizophrenic. Just mental illnesses
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit:
This is top fucking bullshit, but it's one of those weird drug-free thoughts you get in the middle of the night.
Aliens brought corn to the Earth to make us vulnerable and fatten us up. Corn depletes minerals from the soil, making us unable to reuse the same spot of soil, which prevents us from growing other crops. It is also found in high-fructose corn syrup, which is a highly addictive fattening agent. Aliens would land in cornfields to make deals with the farmers to up the goods with threats of anal probing their teenage daughters or some shit. I don't know.
>Something real: People. How easy it is to deceive or be deceived. Batshit insane people especially.
That sleep paralysis isn't really sleep paralysis.
>>
The thought that I won't get to be who I want to be before I die.
>>
>>17008259
are you talking about having dreams and nightmares about things that get bigger in a weird way? and about weird textures you can feel?
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit:
Demons, being possessed, anything spook thats supernatural basically.

>Something real:
ISIL.

Huge shit that lives at the bottom of the ocean.
>>
>>16999288
why would you want that?
>>
>>17003579
that movie was shit lol
>>
BS: alien abduction.
Real: economy problems, being raped, killed, kidnapped, bad music.
Might be real: pedo rings, slavery, all is a fucking illusion/hologram/whatever.
>>
>>17008565
>>17008380
afraid of ISIS lol..
you shills are fucking adorable
>>
File: 1447879819226.gif (301 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
1447879819226.gif
301 KB, 350x464
>Something Bullshit:
People who use any kind of circle lens, holy shit, i can't even look at them without getting sp00ked

>Something Real:
The universe

A human eater thing
>>
>>17008706
how can you be afraid of the universe
>>
>>17008673
Someone needs to. Those government agents don't get paid for nothing.
>>
>>16986781
Bullshit: Walking in my own home during night. I lock the door all the time with 3 locks like a crazy lady but I'm still scared like a little kid and check it two times. Good to have a dog that barks like hell when someone comes by. Mans best friend for sure

Real: Nuclear war/WW3. And yes the recent Turkey vs Russia thing scare the fuck out of me.

Might be real: Having a stalker.
>>
File: 1422069066428.png (278 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
1422069066428.png
278 KB, 500x480
>bullshit
giant man-sized bugs
>real
horrible people in general
>could be real
lovecraft kind of stuff.
not specifically the stuff he writes about, but the thought that something like that could exist just outside the reach of what we know
>>
Bs: evil
R: poverty
Mbr: karma
>>
1. Spontaneous combustion
2. Brain aneurysm
3. Aliens
>>
>>16991258
Holy shit i thought i was the only one. I can't lay on the ground outside because i get anxious about falling up into an endless abyss.
>>
bullshit: being followed everywhere i go by a person

real: waiting to die, ie waiting to be beheaded

might be real: demons
>>
>>16991405

Why do people like you even come to /x/?
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit:Fear
Something real:Fear
Something that might be real:Fear
>>
>>16986781
something bullshit: deadites. kandarian demons lurking in the woods.
something real: robots/robot voices
something that might be real: gray aliens.
>>
>>17009668
He doesn't know. He smokes cigarettes because they make him feel good ahahahaha
>>
>>16991631
Are you me m8

Spooked
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: skinwalkers
Something Real: The Unwilling Sacrifice (Hell)
Something that might be real: The Many Angled Ones
>>
Something bullshit: youtube videos that claim "ur gunna die after seeing dis" having any kind of legitimacy

Something real: being caught in a terrorist attack, specifically gunfire. just watching cell phone footage from inside the bataclan theater when the terrorists came in was enough to give me nightmares. i'm totally desensitized to regular ol' gore / war photos, but videos like that are another level. being in a situation where you're pretty much trapped and it's up to chance whether or not you'll be gunned down, that's scary af f a m

Something that might be real: hell. i personally don't believe in any kind of eternal damnation, but if it were a thing, that'd suck ass
>>
>>17010001
I smoke cigarettes cause I'm a dumbass
>>
>>16986781
Bullshit: Alien abduction.
Real: The fact that nothing anyone can possibly do will elimimate animal cruelty/torture from the world. No matter how advanced our species gets, we'll always have some socially retarded kids hurting small animals because their parents were fucked in the head. The best we can possibly do is reduce the amount by controlling noncriminal parents and reproduction, which would lead to a whole new wave of things to fear.
Possibly true: Heat death of the universe.
I like to imagine the universe as an endless source of beauty, and that life will always find a way. The heat death, regardless of how far away it is, puts a cap on that.
>>
File: 1414642944074.jpg (59 KB, 329x488) Image search: [Google]
1414642944074.jpg
59 KB, 329x488
>>16991351
>>
File: oddly satisfying.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
oddly satisfying.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
>Bullshit
The dark. I've got an overactive imagination (amateur writer) so I'm constantly paranoid of shit.
>Real
Demonic possession. Absolute, 100% worst fear of mine. I don't fuck with Ouija boards and shit.
>Might be real
Secret societies enslaving humanity.
>>
>>17011546
>dark is bullshit
>demonic possession is real
nigga...
>>
>>16986781
Becoming a wage-slave, like my father.
>>
File: s4_reutersmedia_net.jpg (32 KB, 580x392) Image search: [Google]
s4_reutersmedia_net.jpg
32 KB, 580x392
>>17008417
GO BACK TO SLEEP HUMAN. WE HAVE ALREADY WON.
>>
>>16999009
>>16999028
Im dying
>>
>>16998266
>OP's mom
Kek
>>
>>16986781
1. Ghosts Deamons and Curses eventhou i dont even believe in this shieeeet
2.being alone with all that i love died and to know i will die soon
3.All fabel monsters and Horror movie storys that they might be real and get me
>>
Something bullshit: Walking outside at night and encountering some unreal monster/demon/ghost mother fucker that I couldn't possibly fight off.

Something real: A slow agonizing death

Something that might be real: Alien abduction or being the victim of a circumstance like David Paullides talks about.
>>
I heard this story from a friend of a friend of a friend. Back in his grade-school years. Its thanksgiving meal day. And the mutual friend is having a chat with one of his teachers. And they go into it about natives and europeans and ancestry. The kid says, well he's this and this and he didn't see it right because of european ill treatment of natives. Then he says, hey did you know i'm the grandson of...one of history's most famous people. She tells another person...and the ball goes rolling. And some agency orders quarantines in the school. Changes pictures up. Even events. The kid died and so did his relatives. Creepy story. Proves that even after leaving europe, europeans still dont change. Anyways happy thanksgiving guys lol. creepy shit.
>>
>>17012899
that's like mercury rising...albeit, in the turkey.
>>
>Something bullshit :
Like, you know butterflies that fly in the night? The huge ones? I'm afraid of those.
Also, since I wanna write about another one too, I'm afraid of like.. when some electrical appliance (TV, Mobile, Computer.. y'know) shuts off or glitches, or if I'm watching a video that is pure black or is doing this ''glitch effect'' (just for the sake of the creepiness of the video), I get a bit scared, but eh.
>Something real :
I'm afraid of dying alone without anyone with me, doing something like a really bad crime or not succeeding at my school. These are three small fears.
Major one is like, of the world economy and shiz and fame. I'm afraid that people will look up to famous people, rather than a whole crowd that is like an needle in a ''haystack of famous people'' that has a different opinion than a popular person or even crowd. And about the world economy part, I'm afraid that human kind won't be able to solve their economical problems. (Like money, the environment, helping hungry people [Africa, Asia, etc] and other stuff)
>Something that might be real :
Some higher intellectual beings (Either aliens or humans) suddenly bombing everything in our world, enslaving everything, polluting everything, destroy every shit in Earth.
Or suddenly nightmares becoming true, and every fear of every person coming after them.
OR..
Random horrible monsters or beasts come to Earth and start eating and killing every human on the Earth. Animals may live, but it is unlikely.
Plants evolve and become dangerous as well.
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: Probably when I encounter something wrong. Something out of the corner of my eye that makes no sense, an extreme sense of deja vu, noises when I am alone. I suppose I have come to distrust myself too much, visual hallucinations and nightmares might do that.
>Something real: My own failures
>Something that might be real: The present and future implications of our overly connected society and the level of government observation. Personally I am quite worried that in time (10, 20, 50, 100 years) that humanity will eventually reach a point of effectively mandated connectivity preventing anything from being private. Wanna watch porn? Everyone you know will get an update "anon is currently looking at bdsm hentai."
>>
>>16986859
This
>>
>Something bullshit:
Spiders. So creepy. So crawly.
>Something real:
My boyfriend has a very dangerous job, and sometimes I have dreams where I am pregnant with two kids, waiting for him to come home only to discover he's been killed. Gruesome.
Since I have a baptist upbringing, the idea of demons scares me. The idea of anything that's pure evil gives me the heebie jeebies.
>>
Something bullshit: Mountains at night in complete darkness
Something real: Cancer in the ass/balls
Something that might be real: Wifi causes cancer.
>>
File: WAR.jpg (5 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
WAR.jpg
5 KB, 268x188
>>16986781
>I live in a rural part of upstate NY and I go running every night. The woods right across from the end of my street terrify me. There is a rocky outcropping and all I can think of is The Nothing (from The Neverending Story) killing me.

>Heights and bats

>There is a theory that once the universe stops expanding that it will start contracting and that time will start flowing backwards. This horrifies me. Even worse would be if some part of our mind was conscious that we were about to live our entire lives in reverse. Imagine dying or being born in reverse or living through horrible things that have happened to you, but backwards. Fuck.
>>
File: mine gf.jpg (299 KB, 1280x863) Image search: [Google]
mine gf.jpg
299 KB, 1280x863
>>16989482
>>
Butterflies and moths.
>>
>>16991226
sick people are kept around burning lights at night during old times. that would attract insects, which would attract mice, which in turn attract owls
>>
>>17013794
>Imagine dying or being born in reverse or living through horrible things that have happened to you, but backwards.

But also the good times?
>>
>>16986781
>BS --> Movement in the corner of my eyes
>Real --> Large waves
>Unlikely --> If aliens interact w/ us 90% of the population will be ignorant fucks and try to kill them
>>
>>16986781
Goatman, AKA skinwalker, AKA Wendingo.

No stories. Nothing. I can't find anything online about the creatures as people here describe them.

Wendigos are spirits that posses humans and make them eat humans.

Skinwalkers are shamen who have taken the path of evil. They commit evil acts to gain powers and can transform into animals with the animal skins they wear. They live in the tribe and people ignore they are one because they don't want them to know they know they are one because they are powerful.

Searching "Goatman" can't bring up any search result sexcept the Greek god Pan and satyres.

I can't find anything about a creature that calls out and draws people away into the woods with the voice of a loved one.
Something that reeks of blood. Or something that takes over human bodies like a puppeteer.

I found out something new recently about them though. Humans who eat a large amount of human flesh develop a condition from a chemical found in human meat. They rapidly develop dimentia, shake uncontrollably, have seizures, and walk in a jerky way and do jerky motions.
I don't know which clever fucking writer firat started it in the /x/ wendigo stories, but the creatures in a lot of the stories do those exact actions. They convulse, gag and jerk like they are vomiting. They definitly act insane like the symptoms of that condition, which is neat since the wendigo myth is strongly connected to cannibalism.
>>
>>16986840
You can actually make a pretty simple EMP proof box. Line a army box with certain lairs of materials (I forget what, Google it yourself) to make devices placed inside protected from EMP waves.
>>
>>17013794
I'm from rural Upstate NY also - Whereabouts, anon?
>>
File: 1448508113067.jpg (29 KB, 341x309) Image search: [Google]
1448508113067.jpg
29 KB, 341x309
>>16986781
>something bullshit
Loneliness. Not like just being alone in a room, I mean shit like being the last man on earth and shit. I regularly had nightmares about that shit when I was a kid. [spoiler]Still do.[/spoiler]
>something real
The uncanny valley. X years ago, when that "I feel fantastic" video or shit was uploaded, I saw that and became seriously fucked up. That sound at the beginning, going from low pitch to high pitch, still creeps me out and gives me goose bumps.
Spending eternity in hell or similar for not believing in some obscure god(s) from 300+ years ago.
>>
>>16986781
Seeing ethereal beings out of the corner of my vision that follow me.. More pronounced in dark/twilight conditions. I know they are harmless but why so spooky?
>>
>>16986781
bullshit: randomly a time traveler/war machine/car/etc apear front me from npwhere.
real: dead
maybe: reincarnation
sorry for grammar i'm drunk and probably high
>>
>>16986781
myself
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: indian religions
Something real: demons
Something that might be real: humans genuinely corrupted.
>>
>>16986781
Bullshit: Loud noises like fire alarms and being alone with them. I think it has to do with not being able to hear anything besides that. I wouldn't know if someone or something were near me.

Real: Betrayal of someone I care about. I don't think I'd ever do it intentionally, but if there was ever a situation where I couldn't avoid it.

Might be real: I believe that the world has protectors. People that balance out the evil in the world and keep the vast majority of humanity safe. That it's a thankless job and few people know they even exist. That even fellow humans work against them. My fear is that if the world is like this when it's balanced, or as close as we can get it, then what would it be like if they decided that it just wasn't worth the trouble to keep protecting us?
>>
>something bullshit
Ghosts in mirrors.
>something real
Mentally fucked up people. People who hurt for fun and could do it to you if they feel like it. That is horrifying. I'm not scared of death in this scenario, but the person. I imagine that dying on the battlefield would be one million times less scary than being stabbed by a clown and tortured and eaten by a psychopath.
I'm not sure what I'm scared of, but afterlife in general kinda scares me. Even if it's good, bad, or just moving onto a new body.
>>
Something bullshit: Doppelganger wants me dead.
Something real: Deep water.
Something that might be real: Nightmare-induced ego death
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit:
Skinwalkers. I live near the woods. Just your regular ol' nope.
>Something real:
Chemical Warfare. Shit's fucked for generations.
Malevolent extraterrestrials
>>
>>16986781
This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48
>>
>Something bullshit.
Goatman, skinwalkers and all that jazz, also that creepypasta about the mystery cave got me good.
>Something real:
The fact that we are on the cusp of returning to a pre-antibiotic world where simple infections will routeinly kill people once again because stupid dickheads the world over keep overusing them.
Tecnological advance sleepwalking us into a sort of dystopian future with elements from 1984 and brave new world and where we have become so hopelessly reliant upon machines to survive that turning them off or destroyng them will be tantimount to suicide.
>>
>Bullshit:
Everything is watching me
>Real:
Heights or the ocean
>Might be real:
Not entirely sure
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit:
De-orbiting into a gas giant.
>Something real:
Forgetting all my friends and family/vice versa.
Black hole suddenly passing into our solar system and pulling me into event horizon forever.
>>
>bullshit
Demon haunting

>real
Prison rape

>maybe real
The NWO/covert ops govt agencies/etc has me in a file somewhere and is keeping an eye on my activities. I've done some shady stuff in my time and have way too big a mouth online.
>>
>>16986781
I was always extremely paranoid when going to bed.
I hate sleeping, especially innawoods, because I can't defend myself in this state.
I sometimes phantasize about a lockable Steel chamber, in which I can fall asleep atleast without rational fears. Having terrorizing thoughts about waking up and suddenly having something in there with me made this phantasy unattractive again.
I wake up from the tiniest unusual sound and grind my teeth so hard that my jaw hurts in the morning.
It is not as bad, when I sleep in day time.
That's why I do night shifts only.
Vampire edgelord reporting in.
>>
> Something bullshit
Irrational fear of needles or injuries to my veins

> Something real
The military-industrial complex.

> Something that might be real
The darker side of shadow governments.
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: My reflection in the mirror. I don't know why, but I feel that it's just going to reach out and grab me half the time.
That and I also see my dead catfish eyes as some people have described them.

Something real: That I may well get cancer for no damn reason. Lots of family members get it and it fucking blows.

Something that might be real: Ghosts I suppose. It's part fear part curiosity on that because they could be friendly or something.
>>
>>16986791
VIOLENCE BREEDS VIOLENCE
BUT IN THE END IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit: The Terminator outright fucks with me. The idea of someone coming after me and just wanting me dead fucks with me.
>Something real: Mustard Gas. I have had second degree burns before and it fucks with me big time because again the chance of no escape.
>Something that might be real: Resident Evil 1 styled scenarios. Scares me that something could be lurking around the corner any second and slaughter you in seconds.
>>
>>17014803
>doppelganger
LIQQQQUUUUUIIIDD
>>
File: 1431150046383.png (338 KB, 499x562) Image search: [Google]
1431150046383.png
338 KB, 499x562
Bullshit: getting my toes/fingers pulled
Real: Giving up on living
Maybe real: aliums
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit:
ayylmaos / other dimension's creatures fucking up our lives for fun
>Something real:
Watching my family/relatives die
Nothingness after death
>>
Bullshit
>Spontaneous combustion, absolutely terrifying Real
>financial collapse
Might be
>nuclear Holocaust/winter
>>
File: 1398484299516.jpg (56 KB, 300x354) Image search: [Google]
1398484299516.jpg
56 KB, 300x354
Enlightenment
>>
Something bullshit: nothing

Something real: death

Something that might be real: again, death
>>
>>16986781
Space, the Ocean, basically any wide open space where you cannot tell what is there with you, and you cannot see much, plus it seems impossible to escape.

How I would best describe it is the base template program in the first Matrix movie. The thing they're in before they run simulations, and or grab weaponry? The wide, endless expanse where you cannot establish where, when, or the existence of time passing?

I essentially fear the inexistence of knowledge or spacial awareness, and I know that cannot exist, but if you believe in the big bang, which I don't; There possibly could have been nothing at all. Period. Absolute nothing, as far as your eyes can see. Except you wouldn't know you had eyes, and you wouldn't know what breathing was, everything would wipe from your brain if your soul was transported there. That is my greatest fear, losing myself and not being able to find it/me again.
>>
Knowing I am unable to change back from the monster I've become.
>>
>>17014238
Canajoharie, specifically Palatine Bridge. I'm not from here, I moved here from Boston for a few years for work. Quite an adjustment.
>>
>>17013839
Remember the boat times?
>>
Samsquach
>>
>>16986781
Something bullshit: Creepy dolls. Namely ventriloquist dummies, old porcelain dolls, bunraku puppets, and clown dolls. I can't be in the same room as one of those creepy fuckers. I'm convinced they'll come to life and kill me in my sleep. Not just dolls, just uncanny automatons in general. Those uncanny valley threads are literally nightmare fuel for me.

Something real: heights.

Something that might be real: hell. Specifically going to hell
>>
bullpoopies: headless horseman myth in my cunt
real: anything above near galeforce wind )used to be homeless, stayed in places along coast there was a couple of close calls
maybe be real : gmo crops being cross pollinated with real ones
>>
Something bullshit: Skinwalkers holy fuck.
Something real: The Deep Ocean
Something that might be real: God.
>>
Something bullshit: Wearing head phones in crowded areas and eating with my back to the entrance in a restaurant
Something real: Large bodies of water (i.e., oceans, lakes, rivers, ponds)
Something that might be real: Extraterrestrial life. Just no. No thank you.
>>
>>16986781
nothing
>>
>>16999292
thats terrifying, imagine you're just walking down the street and suddenly you feel your skin melt, vision and other senses fade but the biggest burning pain melt your face off
>>
>>17002708
So is it still scary if they sneak out before you come back? --Not trolling--honestly curious if your fear is the event happening behind your back or the implied "monster waiting for you".
>>
>>17003829
Next time read a book instead while you wait.
>>
>>16986781
>bullshit
Stuff that goes "bump", "thump" or "IA, IA, Cthullu Ftang!" in the night
>real
How originally honorable ideologies, such as equal rights and social justice, have become the bane of society, and not many people stand up to this, due to it's inherent """"good"""" nature.
>might be real
Either secret, malevolent societies controlling our modern world, or artificial intelligence.
>>
>>16999288
Same but I want all things that require human operation and maintenance to remain operational through magic and shit.
>>
>>16986781
>Something bullshit:
Bullshit doesn't scare me.
>Something real:
Myself.
I know exactly what is real and what is not real, and there are a lot of things that are indeed real that would scare the shit out of most people, but I am ready to face the destruction of both my soul and body at any time with courage. There is nothing more scary in this world than me.
>>
File: IMG_20151127_211218_905[1].jpg (965 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_211218_905[1].jpg
965 KB, 3264x1836
>>16986781

>Something Bullshit:
Shadow People

>Something Real:
Stalkers

>something That Might Be Real:
Skinwalkers, pic related. I was walking in some wood near where the texas renaissance festival is being held and i was taking pics and got this.
>>
>Something real: This.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnkMSmLc6mM
>>
>>17021370
what is the pic
>>
>>17021458
Pretty scary
>>
Something bullshit: Whatever the fuck the Flatwwods monster was. Drunk aliens are not a thing we need.
Something real: Break in and murderers. Lots of big windows to get in through here, and I've seen a few guys running from the police hide on my property.
Something that might be real: That the voices I hear might be a subtle haunting. I have auditory hallucinations pretty often, I try to tell myself its nothing but fuck I'm worried its ghosts.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.