[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I will get shit for this but im interested in what you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 1917x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 1917x1080
I know I will get shit for this but im interested in what you guys think about life and death.
Do you think there is anything after death? Do you have proof either way?
I hope there is something after death as it would seriously suck otherwise, i really hope so if not life seems very cruel.
Lets try and be respectful of each other opinions :)
Pic not related
>>
The only thing that dies is your ego, nonphysical ideas and dreams, everything else will just change form in order to sustain another life with new ideas and dreams.

The only thing worse then death would be immortality as a single mind. Intelligent creatures need to be able to learn in order to be happy, once an intelligent creature has learned everything there is to know he will be forced into unbearable boredom until he commits suicide.

If there ever was an intelligent entity that could be called God, I am convinced that this is what happened to him, creating the universe we know today.
>>
File: meditation-60-80.jpg (141 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
meditation-60-80.jpg
141 KB, 800x600
>>16984160
I think the better question is "What happens before we are alive?"
>>
>>16984183
So are you saying in short that there is no life after death, just a case of supporting life with our own dead bodys .... Sort of like the circle of life concept
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 1022x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 1022x577
>>16984195
Go on, im legit interested
>>
>>16984197
If you chose to see it that way sure.

But what I am saying is one of two things

>A.) Either life is nothing but an illusion, created from things that are dead like atoms and molecules, and given animation in the same way an artificial intelligence would except Chemicals andnorgams instead of programming.

>Or death is just an illusion and things that are dead may be connected to the universe through some form of universal unconscious.

Either way it doesn't matter "your" not going to Doe, the only thing that is going to die are things that were never really real to begin with. You can not even tell me where your ego lies.

Are you an arm? Or do you have an arm?
Are you a brain? Or do you have a brain?

So what is "you"? Something non existant, so you can't really say that "you" are going to die when "you" is something that was never real to begin with.
>>
>>16984217
My earliest memory consisted of me floating around in a cloud of other babies and then l floated into a box (kind of like a square present box) and from there I assume I was born.

I can't be sure this wasn't just a dream but it did feel very different from anything else that happened in any of my dreams up until now.
>>
>>16984160
I think dying is like being born, something amazing and unimaginable
>>
>>16984239
Wow that is very philosophical, defo has given me something to think about.
I certainly understand when you talk about ego but what I also refer to is our own concious and what defines us as individuals, I mean surely that itself is not an illusion?
I think the reason the concept of 'death' is of such great concern to me is simply the idea of once I lost someone from my life, thats it from them all my loved ones and friends gone in the end.
I guess what im trying to say is the time I have with them is truely finate and that really bothers me
>>
>>16984261
Thats a nice way of thinking, do you see it as an end or more of a next chapter or new beginning?
>>
>>16984242
I would not discredit it as a dream without solid evidence that it was just a dream
>>
>>16984271
I like to think of it as a transition to a new existence, or heck, maybe it's just like being asleep
>>
>>16984160
Good chance that if there's something after life it ain't gonna be a step up.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.