[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accepting death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: skulls-750x400.jpg (71 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
skulls-750x400.jpg
71 KB, 750x400
Help me cope with the thought of dying /x/, it torments me every day despite me being healthy.

I have visions of dying in various ways and it scares the shit out of me, both the process of it and the resulting loss of consciousness.

I am agnostic, so I definitely believe there is something after, but it still haunts me enough to bring my mood down and impair my life.

How did you manage to come to terms with your death?
>>
>>16979963
Sure I'll die, so will all the assholes too. If the latter wasn't the case. Death would suck.
>>
>>16979963
>both the process
Have you ever been in an accident? You don't feel jack shit. Pain only really comes afterwards, and that means the chances are high you'll survive (given you receive medical care).
>loss of consciousness
Something which happens every night. Are you afraid of sleeping?

>How did you manage to come to terms with your death?
I simply don't give a fuck.
If my existence ends, then why do I worry? It's not like I can do anything about it and there won't be any time to regret anything, since you're gone.
If it continues, then there's even less reason to worry, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>16979963
I'm Christian, so know that something more comes after death.

But death itself? I wouldn't worry about it even if I were atheist. It's an inevitability--absolutely no good will come of anything but accepting it. Worrying won't save you. In fact, it might even shorten your lifespan.
>>
>>16979963
The idea of your death torments you?
Why?
Are you that important to the universe?
>>
Just fap to some guro until the idea of death turns you on, its easy
>>
>>16980001
What about monster vore?
>>
tell death to fuck off.
>>
File: 1447109547629.jpg (11 KB, 392x374) Image search: [Google]
1447109547629.jpg
11 KB, 392x374
>>16979963
everyone has the same issues from time to time,
believe in jesus, its the most op way to live, there is nothing stronger than this

at this time there are many people which are struggling because of their believes, try to eat vegan, is also very op, do some sports.
Search for a good hobby, go around. never stop working, youre like a machine, but an organism with his own will, means if u stop doing, ure stop living, and so youre dieng, strong your believes with logic thinking, some bridges here and there. its your own will to think what is getting to you, means if someone is obsessed with a demon or hunted by him, he is not strong enough to believe in the good, means u have no hobbies, no life. change that.
there is a big crisis coming upon the humanity right now. Believe in yourself without thinking about being arrogant. ure not arrogant if u believe in yourself.
>>
>>16980136
youre there were i was some years ago,
now im struggling with masochism, but that problems reveals because im a lazy fuck who isnt doing much of my interests.
>>
Just assume you'll live forever. If you get proven wrong, you won't need to worry about it anyway.
>>
>>16979963
Religion is nice with out a doubt. Invented to help cope and explain what happens. I won't lie, I don't think we just poofed out of no where. I think a cosmic power of sentient being put us here. Now if it's all horseshit what do we care. When you die you won't realize it and it'll mean no more suffering or worrying on your part. If there is an afterlife apparently we should be worried about the fact we are all going to hell. I'll tell you something. Sometimes the concept of existing forever scares me more than the concept of my whole being ceasing to exist.
>>
>>16980167
yea, this is also a pretty good solution
>>
>believing in death
>>
>>16980183
well, u just have to believe that god is the good guy and he wants the best for you. so u wont go to hell. your believe is actually more than what youre doing with your hands, more than materialistic world. the only thing what defines you, are your beliefs, your ideals etc.
>>
this is hell and death is the way out of it.
>>
>>16979963
I'm very not healthy. Dying is a very real possibly for me, any second of any day. All I can say is dying feels warm and fuzzy, very comforting. Getting up and recovery feels like shit. I don't know if it was my brain coping or something /x/ related but as I was laying under the night sky I felt like the stars were calling me to join them. Something else inside me was telling me to fight. I chose to fight because I was scared. I wish I had listened to the stars.
>>
I'm looking forward to it. This planet is shithole filled with shitty people and suffering. I just want to be left alone until death arrives one day and then I'll finally get leave my human body for good
>>
File: wat.gif (1 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
1 MB, 250x187
>>16979963
>both the process of it and the resulting loss of consciousness.
>resulting loss of consciousness.
>loss of consciousness.

You wot m8?
>>
> realize it's neutral at worst, since you won't be existing to feel fear or care about life's problems
> or you go to the spirit world/reincarnate then nothing changes
> procceed to not care
>>
>>16980318
There you go, another good line of thinking.

You weren't afraid of the time before you were born and you aren't traumatized by it, don't fear the time after you die any more than that.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 225x300
"The king of death sees not him who regards the world as a mirage." -Dhammapada
>>
If it's worrying you every day it sounds like you have legit anxiety (or neurosis to use an outdated term). Try to focus on the here and now and not get overwhelmed. Think about small attainable things you can do to enjoy yourself and gain a sense of accomplishment. Find some short term goals.
>>
>>16980328
Can you write this in non retard English?
>>
>>16979963
try lsd
>>
>>16980389
"Death finds all men, no matter their perspective."
>>
>>16979963
Theres no logical reason to fear death. The root of iit is ignorance.

>it torments me every day despite me being healthy.
No worries, almost everyone gets tormented by it, most have that fear subconciously. In fact, i can go on a stretch here and say that any fear you have is caused by the fear of death. Every fear, be it spider, elevators, claustropobia or anything in general - roots out of death. The brain is just so confused, and scared of it and since it cant really imagine death, it projects that fear on things it can imagine - like spiders, elevators etc.

think about this:
You live every day. right now, you fear death, and yud rather live than die (no i do not mean that we should all suicide). this is the common conception in our western society. We cling to this very life as if it had no end, and we do everything to prolong it, to not age, to stay the same, a lot of us have this life as the only point throughout the day. Theyll work for overtime, waste their whole life to get money, justso they can make sure they have money for healthcare, for safety etc, these people are living corpses!
Death IS life. Without death, there is no life. everything in this reality, and in all other realities, with the realities included - dies. Phenomena pass, friendships end, money goes in, and goes out. nothing is eternal. everything lives because it can die, and there truly is no reason for you to fear death if you realize that. Clinging onto things that pass is pointless, so just accept the coming and going. realize that it is so normal, that fearing the end is literally irrational. Live your life to be happy, not only to survive.
>>
" Ido not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Said Mark Twain
>>
Read about necromantics. Not necromancy. Big difference. Death is not something to be feared but instead respected. The more in tune with that you are the better you will feel. It helped me a lot.
>>
>>16980389

A person who does not identify with physical or mental constituents does not experience death in any concrete capacity. He has abandoned that which is subject to death, and in that sense is untouched by it.
>>
>>16980326
Do you have any memories of being 6 months old?

How do you know you weren't reincarnated into the body you're now in? How do you know what pre-birth was like for your soul?
>>
>>16980505
Oh wow that Mark Twain sure was a well-adjusted and worldly guy
>>
>>16979963
It's easier just to think that death is an inevitable thing and WILL happen no matter what. I've just thought about that one think over an over again for the past few years and I've come to terms with it. If we only have 60 - 70 years on this shithole, might aswell do something to be remembered by. Hell maybe there is an afterlife and we get to look forward to that.

Just try to forget about it if you can't come to terms with it and live your life day after day.
>>
>>16980505
Thank you. Now tell your personal opinion. We don't give a fuck about mark twain's rhetorical opinion.
>>
>>16979963
>I am agnostic, so I definitely believe there is something after
wat
pick one
>>
I read a book when I was young that convinced me that it was pointless to worry about things, especially things you can't control.
>>
>>16980183
Absolutely agree, I'm far more terrified of never dying than dying. All my worst trips involved figuring out that I am god and never get to die.
>>
>>16980558
Very well explained.
>>
Memento mori anon,everything has a beginning, and so too it must havevan end.
>>
>>16979963
Meditation is great for personal anxieties. Just by sitting in silence with your eyes shut for 20 minutes a day until you feel better. You'll be visited by good forces within you that will convince you that fearing death is about as necessary as fearing what happened to you before you were born.

Modern life is wrought with materialism that not only fuels our egos but distracts us 24/7 even when we dream. Meditation allows you to find that inner peace you probably never knew existed. That inner peace is a loving, caring, positive, compassionate spiritual core. It is the best part of you and you know how I know this? It is a part of you that is effortless to find. You just have to be quiet and after you meditate the positive awareness will all sink in like the warmth of your mother's womb, her nutrients from your shared umbilical cord.
>>
>>16982460
can you recommend me some meditation techniques? ie breathing, focusing on what etc, i know there are a lot of ways to do it, what works for you?
>>
File: white+desert+egypt+22[1].jpg (100 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
white+desert+egypt+22[1].jpg
100 KB, 1024x683
>>16982460
Basically, you clear your mind without focusing on doing it. It's like trying to fall asleep but wanting to be awake the whole time. There really are no right or wrong ways to do it no matter what anybody tells you. You can do it in a lotus position, sitting down, lying down, standing up, with your eyes open even. Whatever works best for you. Switch it up. You can focus on breathing only, humming as you exhale, listening to binaural beats, white noise, skip any structured music, it'll remind of you stuff.

I find 20 minutes a day before going to work is a good start. Work after meditating feels like you're on a Lortab minus all the negative side effects: Relaxed, happier, more polite, less social anxiety, lots of patience, little to no anger, able to deal with negative co-workers with the greatest of ease.

I sort of forced myself to do it for two weeks when I first began. At first I was very skeptical then I realized even after the first couple days I felt much better, more in control of my mind.

Then I realized I didn't need to do it every day. Now I do it maybe once a week if that. The only difference is now I have a real desire to do it because it has already helped me, so I have less of a desire to need to do it for myself. Now I get a kick out of encouraging others to try it.
>>
The latter reply >>16982621 was meant for you >>16982478 ...or anybody for that matter.
>>
>>16980024
this
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.