[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/ I want off this wild ride, I don't mean that I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1367889358789.jpg (1 MB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
1367889358789.jpg
1 MB, 1500x844
/x/ I want off this wild ride, I don't mean that I want to kill myself I mean I don't want to reincarnate back onto this prison we call earth. Maybe I'm wrong and reincarnation isn't a thing but my gut feeling tells me it is and were destined to keep living in this fucked up world full of lies, pain, corruption, manipulation, and violence until we get something right. My question to you is how can I transcend beyond this plane of existence? I've been meditating for about 20 minutes 6 times a week for the past 9 months so I guess thats a start but do you have to live a life like bhudda or jesus with almost perfect karma to get off this ride?
>>
The whole point of death is no one can ever be sure what happens. It kinda dictates how you live as well.
>>
>>16977915
I just have a gut feeling reincarnation is what's after death until you live your life right. I'm just curious as to how perfect of a life do you have to live to not have to come back here.
>>
>>16977904
Its a long journey, you have to pass through different lives until you're ready. Youre at one step, the next step is accepting and understanding the world, and working with it to make it better.
>>
>>16977904
Next time reincarnate as a house cat, dont have to do shit
>>
My goal is to live my life so well that I dont HAVE to come back cause i have the same fear so im just living each day as it comes i feel like if youve been through some shit and learn a lot you wont have to come back earth sucks ass
>>
>>16977944
If u're asking such a question, then u're not ready to transcend yet.
Kinda like a student asking his sensei if he's ready to be a black belt. As soon as u stop caring about getting a black belt is when u finally achieve it.
Very similar with ur question.
I am truly sorry I can't give u a better answer..
>>
>>16977904
If Nirvana was as easy as meditating a long time and thinking really hard, everyone would have attained it. Sadly, it just doesn't work like that. Somewhat like >>16977970 said, you have to live many lives.
>>
>>16977904
ask longtime buddhists and other types that believe in reincarnation and are basically learned in their theology irl. don't come to 4chan for this if you're serious about it
>>
>I've been meditating for about 20 minutes 6 times a week for the past 9 months so I guess thats a start but do you have to live a life like bhudda or jesus with almost perfect karma to get off this ride?

If you're interested in doing whatever it takes then I can expand on whats required of you. Most people however do not have that relentless desire; they have given up and so delude themselves into thinking the way out is impossible or non-existent and not worth following. Of course that is not true for all people; it is simply a lie to make themselves feel better. You must decide whether you are one of them, or one of the few who will never give up and always push forward.
>>
>>16977904

All I can say to you is that life is by its very nature a struggle. So your question is irrelevant. What matters is fighting with absolute fanaticism and loyalty for something that you truly believe in. That is the only worthwhile choice that one can make.

The truth is that I often dream about being someone else and I have known several details about certain things that I should not. If ever there was a 'past life-esque' person it is me.

But do I stop and think about it? No. The truth is that no matter how many times you might reincarnate you will never be perfect because it is human nature itself is flawed. The only way you would ever be able to move past this issue is by admitting to your flaws and accepting that one does not have to be perfect to move on.

So why would someone return to life if they didn't desire it? My personal belief has always been that the soul is somewhat like a tadpole metamorphosing into a frog. It attaches to a body so that it can undergo a specific stage of development. Then it moves on, unless it has a specific reason to return to life. Perhaps unfinished business.
>>
sorry op, buddhism and other reincarnation beliefs say you have to meditate over many lifes until you become buddha. otherwise I'm hoping I can not reincarnate by choosing to stay in the spirit world, might be a good bet.
>>
>>16977904
You don't have to be a great sage, save billions, or do anything spectacular, amazing, or heroic.

Just make sure humanity doesn't become a cancer on the cosmos. That's literally all you need to do to save yourself and your species from eternal return.
>>
>>16978372

The idea that ancient Buddhists would fully understand the human spirit is no more rational than that the ancient Christians would fully understand such an issue.

The key is that one must be ready to move on. You are not going to be stuck to the earth. You will only return here if it is important for some reason.

This was my post trying to explain this >>16978365
>>
>>16978383

I also just wanted to say that there has been a copious amount of research by men such as Dr. Ian Stevenson on the subject of reincarnation. They found that nearly everyone who remembers a verifiable past life remembers dying young.

Logically there must be a reason for that. The simplest answer is that many soles move on (hence why people see their dead relatives in NDEs - Near Death Experiences - ). Others come back.

You have nothing to worry about OP. Just focus on fighting for something that matters. The world is one in which life is constantly fighting for its right to exist. Any study of nature would reveal that. So find something that you can fight for and that reflects natural laws.
>>
>>16978381
Look down and see you have 10 fingers too you stupid fucking retard
>>
Look into yourself.
Find out what motivates you the most, what makes you happiest. There's got to be something.
That is your one true will.
Follow it through and achieve your greatest work. Your Magnum Opus. If it's done with love and passion, you'll transmute into gold.
Only after achieving it will your soul be free from the Samsara cycle.
Persevere and conquer yourself.
>>
>>16978424
I'm not saying I'm not human right now. I don't know why I always speak like I'm outside the species.
>>
If it doesn't come from within, its not truth.
>>
op here thanks for all the input everyone. I definitley realize my flaws I just can't seem to get a grip on lust issues right now and I'm afraid it's hindering my spiritual growth as well as possibly stirring up some bad karma. Maybe I won't find the answer I'm looking for on 4chan, but i can't be the only one that feels like this place is a prison and something is benefitting off of all the evil/ negativity and materialism in this world. When I think about how just the us"s military budget alone could end world hunger and poverty or how corporations like de beers pay African Rebels that slaughter villages of innocent people over worthless diamonds It just makes my head spin. i know not everything is bad but just the way that I've seen how society is manipulated to benefit a select few just sucks man.
>>
I ended up getting saved by something someone posted on 4chan and even led someone to wake up and even got them to accept Jesus on 4chan. You are right there is more to this, so much more than you can comprehend right now. God loves you and is waiting for you.
>>
The key to enlightenment is that we are reborn into every moment
>>
>>16978614
Thanks, I think that's what I've been needing to hear all this time.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.