[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Problems with Meditation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: Lucy's_meditation.png (1018 KB, 900x928) Image search: [Google]
Lucy's_meditation.png
1018 KB, 900x928
After numerous mystical experiences occurring during meditation, sleeping and in other states i seem to have reached a point after 20+ years where things are progressing on their own, in spite any action or inaction on my part.

Meditation-derived experiences randomly occurring during wakefulness without meditating, visions as well and other such things.

Am i losing my fucking mind? What is happening. Feels like everything is on auto-drive and it is headed towards a direction or event i cannot consciously grasp. What should i do?
>>
File: Youknow.jpg (52 KB, 604x466) Image search: [Google]
Youknow.jpg
52 KB, 604x466
>>16975825
>What should i do?
That's when it gets fun.
>>
20 years and your there duded when i did it for my first few months. I had those things dude get used too it. You chose too fall down the hole it gets worse you won't be able too sleep at night sometimes. Sometimes you will be stuck with energy and pressure on your forehead. Were its so damn hard too sleep. It will be easy waking up in the mornings but its uncontrollable.
>>
>>16975825
It's been on auto-pilot the whole time. You're just starting to see the truth. Are you afraid? Why? There were never any brakes on this train. Just enjoy what happens, you can fight it or love, that is your only power.
>>
This feels like the last step towards something awesome.
>>
>>16975825
Meditation is bad for you. Stop it
>>
>>16975825
Detachment.
>>
>>16975825
Let go, you can trust your intuition and let life come easily to you now. You're past a hurdle and can come up for air. Your struggle is over
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMQNV8D0ueQ
>>
>>16975825
>Feels like everything is on auto-drive and it is headed towards a direction or event i cannot consciously grasp. What should i do?
Literally, turn off auto-pilot. Or turn yourself back on. Or click your will back into place. Anything, really, so long as your mind isn't in a passive state.
>>
>>16977181
hahahhahahahahahahhaha wbat fucking bullocks. DIE REDNECK REPUBLICAN.
>>
Meditation is the process of stabilizing the mind, and this can include experiences of mental instability at times.

The fruit of meditation however, is the opposite of losing one's mind.. it is the experience of being unable to lose one's mind. It is the experience of having an unshakable, undisturbed state of conscious awareness, regardless of whatever worldly situation you may find yourself in.
>>
>>16978414
Meditation is gay
>>
>>16978430
you're gay, meditation is serious fucking shit for those that can actually do it. You are known to receive divine energies, spiritual knowings, and even visions.
>>
>>16978432
Wtf that shit is as trivial as dreams and since it holds no more value to you than a picture book no one will even give a shit or have any heedence to your words anyway nigga. Find a gf and put meditation up your ass. You think your dad was meditating when he had to pay the bills and feed his so far sorry excuse for a son
>>
All meditation means is thinking and reflecting on your thoughts. It's just easier to focus on them with your eyes closed.

After enough training you should be able to do it any time.
>>
>>16978470
>All meditation means is thinking and reflecting on your thoughts.
And when you begin this process you realize there are automatic thoughts you want to stop from happening, and that's where quieting the mind comes in. It's not about keeping your mind completely quiet all the time, it's about being able to make it quiet so you can focus on what you want.
>>
>>16978444
My Dad was, seriously. Asshole.
>>
>>16975825
>what should I do
meditate. It'll make it easier to deal with at the very least
>>
File: inner-peace[1].png (464 KB, 720x418) Image search: [Google]
inner-peace[1].png
464 KB, 720x418
The thing about meditation is that you only really need to do it if you feel your life is peering over into the wrong directions.

There's like this philosopher that lives inside your brain. This guy is super-saiyan-smart. He wants to help but every day distractions keep you from seeking his assistance. When you meditate on the daily, he can communicate with you in a telekinetic sort of way. He only wants good for you but he also realizes the world is not perfect and neither are you, so everyone has to live life to the extent that everything feels balanced and safe for the Dalai Lama eats meat himself because it's healthier for him. You see, all this stuff I'm typing right now I got from meditation. Meditation has also helped me quit drinking because meditation teaches you to be mindful and when I realize I could not achieve this with booze, I had to stop. Some people can control themselves with drink. They may have other problems. Meditation will help you when those problems no longer ache, but start stinging.
>>
Open yourself to a less structured way of thinking. Let things govern themselves in your subconscious, and simply extract information as needed from various things you see, hear, etc. Your brain can do a surprising amount of work while it's not actively trying to.
>>
>>16978410
Hey man, some time no see. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>16975825
>banish often
and if that doesn't work you need to see a doctor. maybe seeing a doctor now would be a good idea anyway.
>>
>>16978444
"pay any heed" + "give any credence" = "have any heedence"?

XD
>>
>>16975825
>Feels like everything is on auto-drive and it is headed towards a direction or event i cannot consciously grasp.

>Meditate to attain ego death
>Feel what ego death really is after 20+ years of medidation
>"Am I going crazy?", the ego babbles
>???
>Profit!
>>
I am going to continue
>>
>>16983655
talkin about profit you can meditate this auto drive to obtain simulaiton of real life and thus see/exp. events before they happen (cud also be a lottery ticket)
>>
an enlightened person wouldn't know he's enlightened because he doesn't know what it feels like to not be enlightened.
>>
Good point
>>
I started playing around with meditation about two years ago. After a while I noticed this pressure in my head. It's around the center of my head near my eyes, but slightly more on the right than left. Right above the roof of my mouth.

I haven't meditated for at least 18 months and I still feel this fucking pressure. Some days stronger than others and sometimes I feel it suddenly in full force like my head is about to explode.

Is this something that was always there and I never realized it? I seriously hope this is normal because it's been bothering me for a long time.
>>
>>16978444
you're so fucking stupid. A fucking worthless retarded idiot. Fucking die already for fucks sake.
>>
>>16975825
This is not a problem, this is the way life goes. You are here, now continue the path
>>
>>16987346
It might be your Anima. Look into it.
>>
Are there any signs when meditation is doing more harm than good?

I heard some people get more suicidal or depressed. What are some common signs or symptoms?
>>
>>16990105
>some people get more suicidal or depressed

I havent heard this much at all.

Perhaps they are coming to terms with the true nature of reality and having trouble accepting it.

When you meditate, you distance yourself from your throughts. Given time, this distance will be maintained throughout your day and you can experience life 'outside' of your own ego. You will see things without the lense of your own biases and experiences.

It can be quite uncomfortable at first, you begin to have a sense of your own helplessness and insignifcance in this world. This can certainly cause one to become deprssed or suicidal.

Im kind of there myself, the more I meditate the more I feel like life is pretty much out of my hands. We are taught and conditioned to believe otherwise, but the truth is we were really delt most of our cards by chance.

Im going to keep going with it, it think its just the beginning
>>
>>16987596
His dad forgot to pull out, nigga's jealous because he's trivial
>>
>>16990395
So you're saying it turns people into unmotivated pussy doormats?

I heard from a lot of people that it allows you more control over your mind.
>>
>>16990456
I meditate 3 times a day.
>>
>>16990472
That real fucking neato.

>So you're saying it turns people into unmotivated pussy doormats?
>>
>>16990477
I can sense your pain, share it with me.
>>
>>16975825
Every time I see this thread, I stop at the OP pic. It's not even that good a picture, but yet here I am again.

Anyway, I myself am having trouble meditating lately but that's only because I'm out of practice. I can't quiet my mind or ignore physical sensations anymore.
>>
>>16990556
yeah you can
>>
Boobs verge on the supernatural
>>
>>16990556
Maybe you're having trouble meditating because you can't even manage to focus your mind enough to scroll past some 2D titties
>>
>>16975825
Go with the flow.
>>
>>16990666
Fuck anon, you're right.

>>16990614
I can. I've done it before. I became a master at ignoring my body's itches and twitches, and getting lost in my mind. The problem is I didn't keep with it, and when I would do it later on down the road, I would take shortcuts (for example, the practice of relaxing your body from head to toe, it drives me mad, and I much prefer to broadly target my whole body and searching out the tense portions to relax. Similarly, I do not like counting exercises for meditation).
>>
>>16975825
WHY CAN'T ANIME ARTISTS DRAW FEET?!?!!?

WHAT THE EXASPERATED FUCK?!?!
>>
>>16990666
>>16990732
Also I might add that it's not the tits so much as the posture, and the prominence of the sacred region.
>>
File: 1439574756950.png (573 KB, 621x672) Image search: [Google]
1439574756950.png
573 KB, 621x672
>>16977181
Anyone else realize that meditation is kown for causing hallucinations? Smh all the people in here claiming it can give you devine energies, and shit. >>16980957
Why does someone need meditation for this? I figured all that perfectly fine without, and im sure anyone could if they tried without meditating.

Shame on those "monks" who stay holed up in their temples, and deny the common mans presence. True inner spiritual health is increased with such caring, and love for others that you try to heal THEM. They hardly do anything to better mankind as a whole. They can stay, and try or not to wisper nothings from afar if they want.
>>
>>16980957
Friendly reminder that if you are enlightened, you meditate while walking, eating, or any other mundane activity. Daily life is meditation. If you "don't need it" it's because you already are meditative.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.