[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't like this world, this reality. I want to believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: 1444105721293.gif (449 KB, 286x119) Image search: [Google]
1444105721293.gif
449 KB, 286x119
I don't like this world, this reality. I want to believe in some sort of "personalized paradise" in the afterlife, but there isn't that, is there? Is this all we get?
>>
Bump, also interested. Can we tune our personal afterlife?
>>
You get what you get. Enjoy what you have while you have it.
>>
>>16973233
>>16973651
Depends.
>>
>>16973674
On what, Mrs. Fairy Queen?
>>
>>16973682
Depends on how you respond to "Depends."
>>
Egyptians thought so. People had personal paradises in the afterlife for their families and friends, and everyones used passwords to get into them when they died.
>>
>>16973233
>I don't like this world, this reality.
so learn to like it you whiny faggot
>>
>>16973709
>you have to love the smell of shit
>>
>>16973709
Random 4channer told me to learn to like the world. Wow studently all my problems are gone, I suddenly like my life, my depression is suddently away, thank you so much random 4channer. So happy you came along
>>
>>16973721
It's a Christmas miracle!
>>
>>16973721
what is the alternative to learning to enjoy the world?
>>
>>16973792
Fantasizing about the afterlife, obviously.
>>
>>16973792
Being miserable or being dead
>>
File: 1391121046969.gif (518 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
1391121046969.gif
518 KB, 350x200
>>16973792
Learning to enjoy yourself?
>>
>>16973792
Escapism, kill yourself and see if you can find a new one, or change it. Or any combo.
>>
Wait until you finish highschool then you'll get a clue.
>>
File: glacier.jpg (539 KB, 1024x1008) Image search: [Google]
glacier.jpg
539 KB, 1024x1008
>>16973233

Nice masonic dubs.

Certain rastafarians including Bob Marley espoused that this world is actually a heavenly realm, which is why there is so much life and beauty to be had on Earth. You can live a truly good and happy life (in certain circumstances), even without being wealthy or blessed in ways that others might be. It's about mental state.

This is similar to Buddhist and Christian precepts as well (and probably many other philosophies/religions).

So you're given one shot (according to them), you live on this Earth which is a heavenly dimension and if you fuck that up by being negative or weak minded it will transmute into a hell dimension and you will lose heaven, lose your divine connection to the Earth and the spirit of life that is here. If you do that, you have already died and will surely miss heavenly realms in the afterlife, so it's important that you learn to be healthy and happy this go around.

The concept is simple:

If you're given a beautiful world to live in and you can't be happy in it, there can be no heaven for you, so why would you go to heaven when you die? Evil has conquered you.

Not sure if I believe that but it did make me think a lot when I was younger.
>>
>>16974203
>Evil has conquered you.
How rude!

It was a fine post to read up until that insult.
>>
you take what you get,and you turn it in too. : what song?
>>
I personally just think we wake up as something else. Like an animal, or a person. An afterlife as you will. That it's just a constant loop.

What happened before the loop? I don't know. What happens when everything dies? A dark void, maybe.
>>
>>16974230
>What happens when everything dies?
I won't let that happen.
>>
>>16974230
That's the same as having no after life
>>
>>16973695

Pretty much this. The better the crypto the harder the password. Once broken, it's time to break the person back.
>>
>>16973909

one of these days seniors will pay
>>
>>16974203

Evil, sure, but last I checked some people were dragon slayers like Michael.
>>
>>16973695
>"Hey dude can I get your paradise password?"
>"Yeah sure no problem."
>>
Dmt trip
>>
>>16974203
>If you're given a beautiful world to live in and you can't be happy in it, there can be no heaven for you, so why would you go to heaven when you die? Evil has conquered you
This implies objective beauty
Finding the world you're in to be not beautiful only means it isn't you're home
It's useless and counterproductive for someone to be punished for being punished, to be condemned to going somewhere less home-like than the place that already wasn't their home in the first place simply because they refused to make it their home
Smells fishy
>>
>>16975800
I think it is more important to not lose sight of home while here, to not generalize and believe the whole of (your) reality to be centered around your brief experience on this planet
>>
>>16973233
Reality is processed in the brain, no brain no reality. No evidences for brain functions outside of a brain. Therefore no afterlife.

Check your Facts
>>
>>16975809
And what if a new brain is made for (or of) you?
It's happened at least once before
>>
File: Screenshot00012.jpg (60 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot00012.jpg
60 KB, 700x394
>>16974230
>>16974247
this.
in order for it to be an afterlife, you need to remember the life you were just in, or else its just another life, not an afterlife.
after the afterlife you can decide to go into a new life and forget everything though, which is what we do here..
just remember that rational thought can be the same as emotional responses, as long as they provide the same answer to the same question, and having them be the same is being fully justified in your actions, which is gratifying; enjoyment+appreciation(which is: understanding or enjoyment of thoughts)=gratification, the state of being grateful due to events that you have perceived, and/or the feeling that that which conducted the event or action is full of greatness, whether yourself of otherwise
we are willing to do that which we enjoy and appreciate, and only with willing group effort can we build society:
read: if you agree with this logic that is my own, it is agreeable to follow that logic to become willing to conduct actions which will better society, as well as your self, which is more important is up to you to decide/find out.

only a group of willing individuals can truly cooperate.

read: i don't want a heaven for myself, i want everyone who wants to be a hunter to come with me.
because i know they will be willing.
>>
>>16973233
No we don't have such a thing like that.
>>
File: 1443904349267.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1443904349267.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>16975809
>no evidence for brain functions outside of a brain.
what is a brains function?
a brains function is understanding, by testing an individuals ability to understand the concepts of the world around them repeatedly, you can identify in them the thought processes(brain functions) that they are prone to leaning towards and associated with(self, ego, reflected in action as style and identity, as well as moral.)
proof of brain function, proof of self, proof of heaven.
the brain exists, the self is held there, it leaves when the brain stops existing.
believe this or fade away.

>mfw i hope people dont look at your post.
>>
>>16973233
the very fact you don't like this universe is the reason you know there is a heaven.
even if the people IN this universe are dicks, the people outside of it are pretty good, and will give you what you deserve.
you just have to push yourself into the state where you deserve what you want.
>>
>>16976088
http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/8.html
>>
>>16976077
fuck people like you for existing/
but keep going, your doubt just makes us stronger when you fade away and allow your life force return to those who continue.
>>
>>16976079

That's called behaviorist psychology and it's not mystical, you shit-fuck honkeytonk fool.
>>
You don't like this reality because it's an illusion. You feel like you are in a dream, a coma, a simulation. This is because you are very close to waking up from it.
>>
>>16976180
>implying mysticism hasn't always been behaviorist psychology.
they both just give different explanations for where the "self" comes from.
and i picked the one that's right for me, because otherwise i would feel dead inside.
>>
OP I'm here to show you what's going on in the world. The reason you feel this way is that you cannot reconcile who and what you are with all of the lies you have been fed. Educational systems are largely indoctrination tools to beat the creativity out of you and make you search for life's answers in external sources where the truth can be controlled. In this process you begin to look for solutions to internal problems from external sources that come in nice neat packages. I'm here to answer your questions though, I'll check back periodically.
>>
>>16976194
not that i picked.
I Know where I came from.
it recognizes its sources and inspiration
>>
>>16976214
yeah, we need to solve external problems with the information we can gather from internal sources.
well, from any source we agree with.
>>
>>16975809
Only brain functions we can identify are it processing sensory information and moving the body. Where is everything else happening? Where are the decisions being made based on incoming information?

People have had 3/4 of their brain removed because of cancer and lived perfectly normal lives without skipping a beat. Went on to graduate university.

These are the facts, bud.
>>
how much of an entitled faggot do you have to be to not enjoy reality?

Life is what you make of it. If you're not having a good time then the problem ultimately traces back to you.

If there is any existence after this, and you approach it with the same shitty attitude, chances are you'll hate "heaven" too. You'll spend all your time dwelling in self pity and wondering if there's a heaven 2.0 where you'll finally be happy.
>>
OP you've been told not everything on tv is real, what if none of it is? We need you to wake up
>>
>>16973792
A) Putting up with it and dying naturally like the majority of your ancestors did
B) Using escapism to live a better life away from this world until it catches up to you
C) Committing suicide and hoping you've got a better existence on the other side of death
>>
>>16976512
All lies. There is a 4th option, waking up to what this reality is. Doesn't something seem off here? Ask yourself what's going on. You know you have a purpose, you just need to find out what it is. You just want to be free. You just want love and respect and to go do cool things. Why is everything pulling you away from that? Sucking you down into hate and malice and depression and things you don't even care about? How do you know that I know something? How have you known things that there is no logical explanation for you to know them? Why is a nation built from the seeds of revolution and freedom content with simply saying "haha yeah those liars in washington, those crooks on wall street, hey it is what it is right?" Where did people's attention spans go? Why do you feel like you have a mental fog? Wake up we love you.
>>
>>16973233
>I don't like this world, this reality.
WELL TOO FUCKING BAD
>>
>>16976473
>so this is heaven
>i thought there'd be more women
>are those angels really playing Zamfir?
>my feet hurt
>>
There is a heaven OP but no one in this thread myself included is even close to getting there. As far as I see, every poster so far is too prideful to even see that they are in the dark.
>>
>>16976602
Too prideful or too ugly!
>>
>>16976574
Thank you for loving me, anon. I'm too embarrassed to give you my reply in public.

I cannot claim to be capable of taking that 4th option and understanding objective reality, though I do have some ideas about this niggling sense that everything is irreparably fucked.

The mental fog is intense but only serves as partial explanation for why your reply is pretty fucking confusing.
>>
>>16976629
I know, I know you will reject this at first but 2 months ago I accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. I cannot believe how much I learned and how lost I was. I found that purpose but I also learned how wicked this world is. God loves you, he will forgive you, and there is a better way. I've spent so much time searching for happiness in pill and liquor bottles and now I'm free. God bless I hope you find your way back home. I know it's confusing when you see so many negative things attaching themselves to Christianity, but the truth is out there.
>>
>>16976574
>>16976629
You're driven by a fear of failure. If you can shift the onus of success/failure from yourself to a flawed reality, then you have a justification for everything that's gone wrong in your life

That's why you have that niggling feeling. Because you really, really want it to be true.
>>
>>16976641
It is true, when you get someone closer to waking up and being saved, these ones come out of the woodwork to try and spread negativity. You shouldn't believe either one of us, you should search your heart. If what I'm saying is true, then there is a devil who will try, feebly, to pull you back down.
>>
>>16975816
I'll take Occam's Razor for $400, Alex
>>
>>16976079
My brain does everything I need to do and more, making me human. Therefore heaven
exist? The fuck you talking about sir?
>>16976339
Yeah that is true, but i you remove the brain, ALL the brain then you got nothing. And what constitutes a normal life? I met people that lost chunks of their pre frontal cortex, and their personality flip a 180 on me. I seen people with half their brain missing, yeah they live, but 'normal' lives? Gee I wonder.
>>
>>16976602
The computer you put that post right there is a by pruduct of people who studied the world, make predictions, testing those then prove those predictions time and time again to the point of
>prediction of electrical current.
>predictions/testing of tubes and circuts
>Testing and operating system.
>Testing computers communicating with other computers
>Internet.

Lets see if we can do the same for heavon.

>Heaven. Unnatural phenomenon
>Untestable.
>Unpreidictible.

Conclusion, no point of think/talking about and thus throw the shit out the window

Check your Facts.
>>
>>16976640
God loves you? Bull fucking shit. Read your bibile. How many times has he killed entire towns on a whim that there wicked? Did you know he fucking puts a plague on a man and the man thanks god for his suffering? Fuck up shit mate. Read your bible and come back to me and tell me with a straight face that god loves you.
>>
>>16977078
Just wondering what type of personality change did occur? Were they aggressive afterwards? I think this subject is very interesting
>>
>>16977226
Passionate turned into lazy, kind into a temper tantrum mess
>>
>>16977078
Way i look at it the brain is just a device for interfacing. It can break in ways that make it difficult to interface with physical reality but that's all. But it is a drug factory. There's no denying that. I think it can get damaged in ways that make it harder to produce different chemicals and that may alter the personality but angry, happy or depressed it's the same person. We have many aspects to our personalities which can be summoned by internal or external factors.
>>
>>16977095
God loves you, it's just that you don't have the understanding of what those things were even about.
>>
>>16978023
I don't understand that God is a monster? I whip out a town of people that were supposedly all rapists even the children. That sacrificing a cow in a satanic thing is or god glory. The fact the god is fucking jelous for believing in gods that don't exist. God does not deserve my praise if its okay to stone adulterers to death, not wear mixed fabric of clothing, and most certanly feel its okay to kill CHILDREN. Your religion is a cult, and you should feel fucking awful for reading such thing rom a book, that was written more then 1000 years ago of when man had no idea the the fuck was over that next mountain
>>
File: mbrcbqlbrv3x5s9kvxmt[1].png (694 KB, 800x494) Image search: [Google]
mbrcbqlbrv3x5s9kvxmt[1].png
694 KB, 800x494
>>16973792
Changing it.

You fucking dunce.

Ten thousand years ago we were apes in a cave. Then we cut the stone, made the wheel, tamed the beasts, sowed the seeds, pulled the ores from the earth, mithriditized ourselves against pestilence by injecting ourselves with it, shot ourselves into outer space and split the fucking atom.

>I'm really dissatisfied with the state of this entirely man made life I live but I'll be god damned if I'm going to do anything about it.

Like, fuck. Show some god damned initiative.
>>
>>16978143
>when man had no idea the the fuck was over that next mountain
Heh...

It's true.
>>
>>16978398
Modern humans have been around for at least 200k years. We're just expected to believe we did nothing at all until the last 10k. Ignore that evidence of past civilizations.

But i agree with the sentiment even if your attitude isn't, good.
>>
>>16973233
The deepest reality is a transcendent one and in it you experience bliss. Its better than anything you could imagine.
>>
>>16978398
>Changing it.
that's not an alternative
you're changing it into something that you enjoy
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.