[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: donut.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
donut.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
bookz: ok so I want to get into reading again but i could never stand any book that didn't make me feel like garbage. i enjoy books that tell stories about sadness and despair. a book that will really make me want to curl up into a ball and cry, something that will cause me to question my entire life. So whats the deepest heaviest and darkest book that you have ever read?
>>
>>16960417
Ramayana
>>
>>16960417
Green Eggs and Ham
>>
>>16960417
Steppenwolf
>>
Give a few examples of this sort of book that you've enjoyed a lot, OP. The I can better recommend something
>>
>>16960529
hmmm personal favorite blood meridian
>>
File: BLOODnew_main.jpg (26 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
BLOODnew_main.jpg
26 KB, 300x445
>>16960555

We have a winner.
>>
>>16960582
already read it... i just want something disturbing and idk eerie. im not looking for horror or gore, just something that will make me think..
>>
>>16960555
Ah! A man of decent taste! Well, let's see.The Pale King is the posthumously published unfinished novel by David Foster Wallace, iit's about various ITS workers and their excruciatingly sad backstories and their now fucked up mentality.
There's also The Shining by Stephen King - if you havent read it then youre doing it wrong. Spiraling alcoholism and isolation plus an abusive mentality that only worsens with time. Also ghosts.
The Road was pretty sad.
Um. That's all for now
>>
File: BlackFeathers.jpg (451 KB, 737x1117) Image search: [Google]
BlackFeathers.jpg
451 KB, 737x1117
The Black Dawn series by Joseph D'Lacey was really fantastic. It's only two books, Black Feathers and The Book of the Crowman, and starts out just as the world is falling into an apocalyptic state. It's got a lot of dark bits, people (children too) getting tortured and killed, and the fucked up shit people will do just to better their interests. It's very well written, and I know I plowed through the first one, had to go buy the second one immediately.
>>
House of Leaves is my recommendation, as rehashed as that may be. I found that book to be a very spiritual experience.

I also haven't read this one, but it sounds like something you'd like: The Conspiracy Against the Human Race by Thomas Ligotti.
>>
>>16960598
A clockwork Orange.
>>
Dovtoesky.
>>
File: 55134v350800.gif (398 KB, 971x1354) Image search: [Google]
55134v350800.gif
398 KB, 971x1354
>>16960802
>>
File: master_and_m2.jpg (18 KB, 226x346) Image search: [Google]
master_and_m2.jpg
18 KB, 226x346
>>16960802

"House of Leaves" and "The Master and Margarita" are the two best book recommendations I've gotten from /x/
>>
File: Mysteries.jpg (46 KB, 302x475) Image search: [Google]
Mysteries.jpg
46 KB, 302x475
Mysteries - Knut Hamsun

It doesn't exactly fit what you want, but it'll stay with you. Highly recommended.
>>
>>16962094
A quick description of Mysteries:

In a Norwegian coastal town, society's carefully woven threads begin to unravel when an unsettling stranger named Johan Nagel arrives. With an often brutal insight into human nature, Nagel draws out the townsfolk, exposing their darkest instincts and suppressed desires. At once arrogant and unassuming, righteous and depraved, Nagel seduces the entire community even as he turns it on its head—before disappearing as suddenly as he arrived.
>>
>>16962100

Copied word for word from:

http://us.macmillan.com/mysteries/knuthamsun
and
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2527898.Mysterien
and
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/342766221608910917/
and...
[ too many to list ]
>>
File: 1369782749529.png (186 KB, 457x303) Image search: [Google]
1369782749529.png
186 KB, 457x303
>>16962108
Good detective work anon, can't get anything past you. Upvoated
>>
>>16960417
Edgy
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.