[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vampire's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: HawtVampireBitch.gif.gif (550 KB, 306x255) Image search: [Google]
HawtVampireBitch.gif.gif
550 KB, 306x255
Could vampires exist in theory...

Yes or No, and why?
>>
Well, I think anything can exist "in theory".

I fucked your mom last night, "in theory".

Learn to a phrase a question, you fucking jackass.
>>
>>16960096
Also, I bet the vamps are a pretty good lay, or so I've heard ....
>>
>>16960096
Lmao jesus christ
>>
>>16960096
>anything can exist in theory.

Wrong

>i fucked your mom. Wrong
>>
>>16960090
>Could vampires exist in theory...
In theory, certain traits vampires have could exist.
A parasite could exist that feeds off more blood than a host can produce, and it may have effects that make the host extremely sensitive to sunlight. Said parasite could have a garlic intolerance. It could also excrete adrenaline or a similar substance to simulate super-human strength/speed (although this would damage muscles VERY fast).

Do I think vampires exist exactly as described in legends? Heck no.
>>
>>16960106
Fuck off, square!
>>
No, even going by the most basic rule of vampire "only drinks blood" it is impossible. A being as developed as a human could not get enough nutrients off blood alone, let alone an advance predator that's going to born even more energy.

If you want something that might be possible then you need to ask about zombies, the virus/parasite kind not the claw its way put of the grave kind.
>>
>>16960090
I smell a tween who just finished reading twilight and got a bit too wet while reading it

obviously they cant exist, that is a stupid fucking question and you should feel stupid for asking it

It is phsyically impossible for the human body to survive on blood it has no nutritional value, people cant turn into bats, and the whole concept was pure fantasy if you actually look into it
>>
>>16960107
And this is why you don't have any friends.
>>
>>16960090
in theory everything exist coz nothing really existed.
Jokes aside, Everyone can become whatever they want,if buddha's exist why not vampires?
>>
It was too good a deal to pass up. Sure some can go on and on about the horrors of immorality.

But overall it's a pretty gud package
>>
File: jupiter-ascending-32.jpg (459 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
jupiter-ascending-32.jpg
459 KB, 1024x576
>>16960090
Bdelloids are a type of microscopic organism that live in fresh water. They survive by stealing DNA from other species to keep their genetic material fresh
news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2012/11/bdelloids-surviving-on-borrowed-.html

Want to know how this makes a vampire-like creature? Think of the wraiths in SG-Atlantis.

Better yet, go watch Jupiter Ascending.
>pic related.
>>
>>16960162
Whats that film about?, it looks gay in the trailer.
>>
>>16960164
Wont post another pic to prove that is wrong, this is a SFW board anon.
Think on the scene of Morpheus showing Neo humans are used as battery for the machines, the Lebowskis did it again and big time.

Go watch it anon.
>>
>>16960111
Gross, hentai.
>>
>>16960162
Yes to Stargate; no to Jupiter
>>
>>16960090
you can definitely have disease/traits that cause a person to feed off blood and become extremely sensitive to UV lights, even stop aging and immortality "in theory"

those super human strength and speed on the other hand, is simply impossible tho. (e.g. lifting a fucking tree, and sprinting 100m from rest in a fraction of a second)
>>
>>16960096
Someone's touchy tonight.
>>
Define "vampire".

Drink blood? Any asshole can do that.
Be immortal? Jellyfish already are.
Turn into a bat? See: Bats; it doesn't get more batty than that.
Long ears and fangs? Cosmetic surgery.

It's all in the details, figure it the fuck out.
>>
>>16960090

Psychic Vampires are real.
>>
>>16961015
http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/513
>>
If you think blood as a metaphor for vital energy then yes, we have godamn vampires everywhere. Immortality you may find with some kind of coven talking shit about energy and its uses for spiritual existence.
>>
>>16960090

Hunter S. Thompson dropped a massive redpill by mentioning adrenalchrome in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It even made it into the movie. It's a rabbit hole I regret going down.

Yes there are blood drinkers in the world and some of them prefer their victim be tortured so they can get high off the blood.

Other vampire/blood drinkers ask people to willingly give their blood and I'm not sure if they get any kind of high off that.
>>
File: BHE10000.jpg (16 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
BHE10000.jpg
16 KB, 752x564
>>16961146
Willing donors would most likely be motivated by masochism or love, just as the adrenaline rush can come from drinking a tortured donor's blood, blood full of only endorphines can give a person a different kind of experience.
I imagine.

Also, only ever drink the living blood of the young and healthy, never the old or sickly and don't even bother with dead blood because it does nothing.
I would guess.
>>
Not in the traditional sense, but blood transfusions to prolong life are a thing.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/aug/04/can-we-reverse-ageing-process-young-blood-older-people
>>
>>16961146
>adrenalchrome
didn't they say it was made up? I know it is real but the one in FaLiLV is made up.
>>
>>16960090
The closest thing to a vampire a human could be already exists, it's called albinism

Besides those cosmetic similarities no, biologically it's impossible.
>>
>>16960978
not as touchy as your mom last night, friend.
>>
>>16960090
well, there are cannibals and that's pretty close
>>
>>16960090

If you can make a hypothesis first, somehow stating your logical reasoning leading up to this idea. Then you can confirm some parts with arguments and create a theory. Could it be done? Probably.
>>
>>16960962
>become extremely sensitive to UV lights
That's real. The blood thing can easy be red wine. Vlad Tepes liked torturing and red wine, people started associating it with blood.

Also, there is a genetic condition that makes you very hairy. Probably that was the basis for the werewolf.
>>
>>16961636

I almost don't want to look into it anymore to be honest. The topics it is associated with are the kind of things that make you lose faith in humanity.
>>
Read and decide for yourself-
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-gruesome-history-of-eating-corpses-as-medicine-82360284/?no-ist
Curious how it was the nobility doing it, eh? Connect the dots.
>>
>>16960090
>Could vampires exist in theory...
Not in the way they're portrayed in modern pop culture.

The classic folklore only works if the supernatural is real, though.
>>
File: 1446664250263.jpg (55 KB, 616x519) Image search: [Google]
1446664250263.jpg
55 KB, 616x519
>>16960111
>blood has no nutritional value
>>
>>16961146
Dank
>>
>>16964845
All of those IRL historical legends were just ghost visitations mixed with death curses.
The fictitious stuff is much more juicy.
>>
Of course. Sucking blood from the neck is supposedly a metaphor for blowjobs and they suck spiritual energy from the sperm.
>>
>>16960105
That has got to be one of the worst retorts I have heard
Ever
>>
>>16960111
>blood has no nutritional value

Wow made your whole argument about as powerful as an asmatic hamster
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.