[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logic and reason vs. Creativity and Imagination. Who wins?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: mito-filosofía.jpg (90 KB, 580x274) Image search: [Google]
mito-filosofía.jpg
90 KB, 580x274
Logic and reason vs. Creativity and Imagination.

Who wins?
>>
OP cage-battle mentality approach to reality is dumb.
>>
>>16959160
The mistake is to make them fight, they must work in unison.
>>
File: 1446998433293.png (3 KB, 448x357) Image search: [Google]
1446998433293.png
3 KB, 448x357
Creativity and imagination because you can easily imagine something far more powerful/better/etc. than what's already reasonable and logical.
>>
>>16959160
>implying they're mutually exclusive
>>
>>16959160
What's the nature of the competition? If it's to solve a mathematics problem then probably L&R, if it's to compose a touching sonnet odds favor C&I

If it's a cooking contest, L&R's actually more likely to win due to the years it spent abroad learning everything it could about the secrets of the mother sauces. But nobody doubts for a second that C&I would win in a tennis match.
>>
>>16959160
Its purely subjective there is no winner
>>
The latter does not exist without the former, because people who do not value logic and reason are unintelligent, and unintelligent people are not creative nor do they have impressive imaginations.

But since /x/ is filled with dumbasses who think they are actually just le right brain artistic geniuses because mommy told me so, this comment will provoke some butthurt responses from banal, non-STEM idiots who think their basic as fuck ideas are interesting.
>>
>>16959261
m'intuition.
>>
File: 1447250457467.png (109 KB, 2794x1018) Image search: [Google]
1447250457467.png
109 KB, 2794x1018
False antonyms.
They're not mutually exclusive.
How the fuck you don't know this is beyond me.
You can be logical and creative.
You can be logical and imaginative.
In fact, logic itself requires thinking; albeit doubting your own presumptuous ego.
>>
>>16959292
He didn't ever imply they were mutually exclusive. He just asked who would win in a fight. Batman and Superman aren't mutually exclusive. They both work for the Justice League! But we can still think about who would win in a fight!

Don't artificially restrict your potential by imposing your own assumptions unnecessarily onto a query.
>>
>>16959311
It was absolutely implied.
The entire context of the set up implied a shit tonne, especially on this board where people keep saying "magical thinking is REAL! science and logic are LIES! logic stifles my creativity/autism!"

Context matters dickhead.
Either you KNOW the board or you don't.
You don't, or you're throwing down a false analogy because you're a contrarian bullshitter.
>>
>>16959338
>the flawed ego dabate method
>>
>>16959348
I didn't use a ego debate method.
I'm using a rational context method.
Nice try shithead.
Also, it's not an ad hominem personal attack if I correct you first.
Learn what fallacies are you dickhead.
It takes the whole of 10 minutes to master logical fallacies and biases.
Learn2google
>>
>>16959174

But you open yourself up to perfect counters because the counter also has no limits. Paradoxes.
>>
>>16959160
well that depends what are you trying to do?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.