[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the god from the old testament the creator or satan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 243546111.jpg (9 KB, 187x204) Image search: [Google]
243546111.jpg
9 KB, 187x204
Is the god from the old testament the creator or satan?
>>
>gnosticism, you'll shit bricks when you see it
>>
>>16959115
the god from OT is yahwe an old worriror who god deified
>>
>>16959115
>satan
>the creator

Pick two
>>
What makes you think theyre diferent OP?
>>
>>16959115
There really isn't any proof either way. You have to read into it and decide which side sounds more logical / feels right.
>>
File: 1330558400165.jpg (32 KB, 522x391) Image search: [Google]
1330558400165.jpg
32 KB, 522x391
>>16959898

>satan
>the creator

This explains cockroaches.
>>
>>16959236
Where is a good place to start with Gnosticism? I've gotten curious about it.
>>
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://sawzone.org/docs_eng/Introduction_To_Gnosis.pdf&ved=0CFEQFjAIahUKEwjjmOzM1onJAhWI7CYKHfp7ABk&usg=AFQjCNFkQbULxB0E77mz3hF3l5Vb8oKtrg&sig2=IgS3Ps_5soCSMxkXAVKNjw

Pdf of the introduction to gnosis by samael aun weor
>>
>>16959931
Irenaeus' Against Heresies
Tertullian's Against Marcion
Augustine's On two souls

No troll, either. The "normal" christian patristics will give you an eye opener as to the general nature of the true 2nd century gnostics that isn't quite as biased by modern innovations. That is, taken alone, we would know nothing of the 33 entity system of the pleroma in Valentinian thought without Ireanaeus disputing it, and Marcion's redacted version of the gospel of Luke is lost itself, but is so heavily quoted by his critics that it can be fully reconstructed.

Understanding so-called gnostics in their historical context is important so you don't end up studying modern new age faggotry, which is what most so-called modern gnostics practice.

Learn about catholicism and orthodoxy if you don't have a firm background in them already -- early christianity, even gnostic heresy, can be gravely misunderstood by people with a protestant cultural background.

the next place to study would be on the history and general formation of christian texts. This is a list in general order of all known christian writings - canon, apocryphal, patristic, gnostic, etc - from the beginning up to right around 400AD.

>http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/index.html

study them, read them, compare them, etc etc, and think about whether the development of canon makes sense to you on the grand scale. Learn also what the word "hermeneutics" means, and study different hermeneutical methodologies and consider which ones make sense to you. (one of the biggest things about historical gnostics is that they had very odd hermeneutics that bordered on /x/-tier numerological autism moreso than anything).

the general tl;dr is to get really really good at christianity and ancient religion and history.

use wikipedia to suppliment.
>>
>>16959931
Fast forward you can go here http://www.theforbiddenreligion.com/gnostic-book.htm
Just be careful is what you want.
>>
>>16959115
Our minds created satan.
>>
>>16959115
bythos, the god of the pleroma is satan, or rather tiamat. So stop this gnostic gnon sense.
>>
>>16960125
this sounds like the whining of some dumb commie.
>>
>>16959115
No, but He also isn't the original God. Many people knew this when they mistranslated the Bible appearantly.

Satan is just a word meant for those who intentionally defy God's laws. Satan also refers to the delusion, and the embrace of material reality, and does not care about liberating the soul.
>>
Idk but I always felt like the Burning Bush was a Djinn attempting to fool Abraham into killing his son, then God sent an angel to stop him from doing it.
>>
Ask yourself this.

Why does it matter?
>>
>>16960277
The burning bush spoke to Moses, not Abraham.
>>
Am I good if I just read the Nag Hammadi, or is that not recommended for one reason or another?

Everything I've heard about Gnosticism up until now has been from the lips of Terence McKenna.
>inb4 McKenna-sucks shitstorm
yes, I know he was batshit insane
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.