[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How To Talk To Animals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: meat suit.jpg (9 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
meat suit.jpg
9 KB, 250x249
A gated fence of recompense,
A house atop a wooded hill.
All the pain has come again,
And I live free to wander, still.

With the laws of magic out of the way, I'll begin granting species-wide wishes. More than anything, the deepest wish of all humanity's hearts has been to understand the language of animals and nature. This is a wish you can grant for yourself.

To my unending surprise, your entire race communicates with a language made of words. I can't imagine why someone would use that many words unless they were trying to hide something but it is that same intent to hide that makes it so hard for other races to under stand what you're saying all the time. Rather than bringing other animals up to your level, think, instead, in reverse of everything you've been taught to say.

>don't wander off to the neighbor's pasture
Imagine if you could simply say such a thing; you'd never need a fence again. You call an animal "dumb" because it doesn't understand the boundaries you haven't communicated? Who's the real dummy here? The problem is back to your words all over again: Always hiding your meaning behind the conflicting intents of your ancestors.

Animals understand do's and don'ts just fine. They bind themselves in flesh the same as any creature, so it's nonsense to think they don't have a sense of reasonable boundaries or territory lines. Still yet they wander, so it's nonsense if you think they won't understand not to. If they didn't understand the intent of a fence, they would walk right through it as easily as anyone else can.

>off to the neighbor's pasture
Idioms ideas and adverbs. Nouns acting as adjectives and subtle hints that presence dies when you go away, as murder in a phrase. It's no wonder animals never listen. You leave your intents at the door! "Ta! I'm off."

Neighbor is another animal understanding but pastures are wide and free. Whence comes a fence? Why bound around? A pasture's a property; a territory; a place not to tread if you'd avoid dying.
>>
>>16959111
Please continue, also trips.
>>
>>16959111
Get on with it please
>>
It's nonsense to expect an animal to understand a word it's never heard before. The first step is to put your idioms away and speak clearly:
>stay away from the neighbor's land

Rephrase yourself so your flock can understand it the way you understand it. Don't hold yourself to a different standard from your livestock unless yours is the intent to do so.

Animals will understand this much:
>stay away from a certain land
Which land? A certain land. Certainly so. Anyone ought to be able to understand certainty! Certainly.

No, I'm afraid it's not so. When you've run out of words that an animal can see, you've run out of all definitions that make it so be. Rewind to a time in your life that you share with the animals who know not what meaning you bear.

>the neighbor's
Contractions will do you no favors here; "It's the neighbor's!" is not of an animal's fear.
>stay away from the land owned by...
In the abstract you cannot contract with a fact of a name given so as a matter of tact. It'll do little good to instruct a herd to obey intents of an owner whose name is word. The most clever will see in a way beyond time to the limitless pasture where to tread's not a crime. The short-lived intent of a man with a pact does little to convey the consequences in fact.
>keep away from the others
It's all you can do in your pacts with a man if your neighbor has yet to agree with your plan. Devoid of the social and principled norms, commune with an animal in the shape of their forms.

The last thing to do to make your instructions clear to a creature is to define the remainder of your words by the function of their feature. Since that takes a lot of mathematics, I'll explain it in the human terms you're so used to.
>>
Eh once they're no longer within eyesight, the influence over an animal seems to be!weakened a lot....
I assume that isn't the case if you spend a lot of time getting to know the animal and form a bond etc but for animals that are strangers, at least, this appears to be the case
>>
Anyone that's ever had contact with an animal will know that animals respond better to gestures and noise than any actual word they might-have heard. (Keep in mind that severe misinterpretation is still possible. A fool with no knowledge of human culture might read that and think to invent sonic mind control devices in their paranoia. Grammar.)
Rather than communicating with an animal, try to communicate with their context. (A fool might see this as an invitation to manipulate belief systems.)
Boil your intent down to whichever series of words seems most primitive and animal, remove all the grammar particles, leave out all the words that you already know how to communicate using gestures and vocal signals, take all your thoughts on the remaining words and recall the feelings you had when you first learned what they meant. Try to nail the feeling down to a single word (if your language has one for it yet) and use that concept as the basis for your gestures. Remember that an animal studies your behavior every time you change them.

It takes time to communicate complex ideas when all you have to go on are gestures and behaviors. If you don't have the patience then don't bother to try this method. Use fences and leashes and all other manner of tools and cages if you're impatient. This is the reason you'll want to isolate a single word in your definition; it minimizes the complexity of idea.

By this point most people have given up for some reason. Lots of people realize the thing they want to say has no substance halfway through the idea. Nevermind that people tend to think in thoughts. A child can recognize their own nonsense easily, so an adult ought to be able to recognize their own nonsense twice as easily. Sometimes confusion sets in at an early age and dreams like talking to animals slip into perceived impossibility, but it was never impossible except that you'd forgotten to act like an animal while communicating with animals.

Start by using your animal mind.
>>
I can understand and speak to animals telepathically.
>>
>>16959206
>animals that are strangers
What a strange juxtaposition of concepts.

You're right, but your reasoning is still human. You lose as much control over a man as you do a beast when you allow them to leave your field of vision. The idea of 'super-vision' might keep a man in line while he's not in the line of sight, but he'll be back to his old ways the moment he sees that it's all in his head. This is not a trait that differentiates man from beast.

We are not so un-alike that we can never hope to understand each other.

>>16959255
Good. Then my word here is done. You can take responsibility for the granting of rest of this wish.
>>
>>16959260
you didn't give me anything. I could before you posted this thread, I can now, and I will be able to still when this thread dies.
>>
>>16959260

what are some ways to please fae

what are some ways to piss off fae

what are some ways to

do fae have visual or auditory language I can hear or respond with
>>
>>16959111

This thread is so fucking autistic it actually hurts.
>>
>>16959238
Wow. I am impress.
>>
>>16959270
>visual or auditory language
Yes.
>>16959265
Then I didn't need to.

Are you going to tell people how to communicate with animals or not?
>>
>>16959309
eliza thornberry plz go
>>
>>16959111
THE OTHER GHOST DRIVING MEAT COVERED SKELETONS MADE OF STARDUST!!!!

>SHIT PIC OP
>>
>>16959238
this is a wonderful way to explain this. thank you fairy queen
>>
>>16959272
this desu senpai
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.