[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tarot, Wicca, Druids, shamen and other religion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
File: pondering.png (3 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
pondering.png
3 KB, 302x237
What do you guys think of other religions?

I've been reading up on a few like Druids (hardly anything on it) and the like, Shamens, and Ancient Egyptian religions, trying to figure out what best suites me cause a lot of them make more sense than Christianity... I thought Buddhism was me. :/
>>
>>16958661
Shameism isn't a religion, it's a pactice common to multiple different religions, many of which are unrelated to eachother
>>
Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
>>
>>16958667
hmm yeah that makes more sense.

>>16958668
HE'S CASTING A SPELL GUYS! HE'S A WARLOCK GETTEM!
>>
>>16958672
The energy of God is pleasant, looking for something more is a spiritual loss
>>
>>16958661
Christianity doesn't make sense to you because you're ignorant. It makes complete sense to me and nothing doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>16958692
Many Christian's sometimes forget Jesus is the important character in Christianity. Everyone always uses Old Testament to state arguments against God, but God of Jesus is seriously the God of the present day.

And all He says is to loce and connect with God by following a simple path, having a pure body and a pure mind, and forgiving those who do bad so we might also experience the same mercy.

Present day thought holds Christians accountable for church constructs and murder, which the Chruch and Jesus at this point are two totally different things.

Some churches are genuine, some churches persecute people physically or spiritually. Some care about your salvation, others care about your money. This happens with all religions. As long as you actually "know" the "feeling" you shoyld be all set.
>>
>>16958661
I've always thought it's a shame how much druidism has been castrated by modern interpretations.

You're unlikely to find anything authentic in 99% of the literature.
>>
>>16958704
>As long as you actually "know" the "feeling" you shoyld be all set.

And no wonder, for even Satan masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14

Pursuit of feelings is what lead to Christianity being fractured into many indivdual groups, all of whom disagree with eachother.
>>
>>16958692
no. It doesn't make sense to me cause 1 this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJeAjL_gMHY
2 because most of which doesn't have any proof it happened, or can be proven. So prove to me there is an ark, a man that walks on water, heals the blind, and much more that no ordinary man can do, yet here we are with a 2015 year old book [if not older] that can't prove one thing or another and constantly contradicts itself. So you're telling me that Christianity makes sense to you?

>>16958714
i just started learning about it and know little
>>
oops
mybad here
http://www.wogim.org/sinlist.htm
i copied the wrong link
>>
>>16958736
You would rather trust people on the internet rather than a book written 2000 + years ago.

Definately looking for the wrong kind of "proof", simply by reading a gospel, you understand Jesus' way to the Father, God,the original source.

Huge Old Testament conspiracy if you really doubt it that much anon, it really is about the New Testament.

The Bible is one religious text which is sources from Judea to Rome etc, and many other spiritual sources also begin in the same continent.
>>
>>16958739
What about that doesn't make sense?
>>
>>16958745
Comparatively? yes. I would rather trust a bunch of anons on the internet vs trusting a book that can't prove anything. At least most people here will try their best to conjure up proof vs a book that says"It's all about faith"
I can literally say the same thing about fairytails, about Santa, about the Easter bunny and more and yet people knock them off the shelf for Jesus and say he's real and Santa isn't. See my point?

>>16958748
the amt of Sins, think about it anon, you have 667 sins and to live by them, you would basically not be allowed to do anything but sit and die. You almost can't even take care of yourself the way it sounds. Read the Worldly sins. Tell me if any of it makes remote sense to the point you could actually follow it. And this is why we have cherry pickers in Christianity
>>
>>16958736
They weren't airy fairy tree huggers that loved all animals and strove to live harmoniously with nature.

Mainly because they understood that nature is cruel and savage.

Yes they were the wisened men of their culture, they knew the values of diplomacy and learning, but they were also the wild men in the woods, bloodied and intoxicated.
>>
>>16958753
So you don't have anything specific, you just don't want to follow rules.
>>
>>16958753
No you are just an ignoramous like everyone else on here.

There is a method and science to connect to Godhead, doesn't have to be about defintion of religion, because this is your problem. You believe you need a title to define you, a title of religion to suit you, so you can tell everyone "oh I am a pagan now" then "actually I am more of a philosophical egyptian scholar" then "now i am a practicing wiccan" etc etc etc all to proclaim it, you are looking for an impermanent religion, when God as eternal forces is very omnipresent outside the Bible, and infinate, but you look at Him literally and take a book, a "how to" guide and make it "unproven history"

The Old Testament are copies of Sumerian legends, which were the first of civilizations. There is plenty of research you are going to have to do to find your own "religion" for yourself
>>
>>16958758
So you're telling me you can live with all those sins and follow every sin right? no you can't. that is impossible and you know it.

>>16958760
I'm more or less agnostic for the most part. I believe there is a god but what he belongs to, I don't know. I just want a religion that makes sense to me and isn't full of holes.Or a teaching or something like it, not saying to "follow" or not to follow rules or the like, but more to explain and help a person that could use it. That's why originally I wanted Buddhism and I respect it but I couldn't do it.
>>
>>16958777
Buddhist teachings are everywhere, in every religion, anything can be considered "buddhist" if it potrays right being and wisdom.

Meditating of God is easy, if you know anything about Jesus, you would know how important be made God consciousness, which upset the religous scholars at the time. You think if the scribes and pharisees and Jesus were on the same page He would have been crucified?

If you get a chance to read the Bhagavad Gita you will not only understand Christ and Buddha, but God. Despite Krsna being a blue demigod by appearance, the name Krsna is the name the sages use for "God" (the one God)... Whether or not you believe God made man or aliens made man, He is inside and outside all beings, and resides as the Supreme Soul in all things, and is also the space between objects.

I am not saying become a hindu, a buddhist, or a full out Christian, but I am saying don't settle for low forms of new age paganism for the sake of defining your religion, for the sake of having a definition. Early Gnosticism helps explain decent material about the totality of God
>>
>>16958793
well i want something that defines me as a person more or less if that makes sense. But, like any religion or religious person, i question the concept. And as a lot of people have told me, if you're not at least questioning your beliefs, then your not really into it in the first place. challenging your mind to understand something is always fun. At least I think so. Some people give up and say"If it happens it does and if I can't prove it that's fine, I'll still believes an ark was here to carry off animals.
>>
>>16958777
>So you're telling me you can live with all those sins and follow every sin right? no you can't. that is impossible and you know it
Ordinary people aren't perfect. You don't need to follow every instruction 100% of the time, but you do need to earnestly attempt to do so.

Also, the original buddhism didn't believe in any gods.
>>
>>16958796
You don't need to define anything, it will cause a conflict of interest
>>
>>16958798
by those standards you would goto hell no matter what

>>16958799
part of me thinks differently. At least it's easier to research and understand. So in a way, if a Shaman studies a bunch of religions and it be different ones of different beliefs, wouldn't that make any one thats a religious scholar to be one too?

I always thought of the voodoo type shaman with the staff till i looked a little more into it. The definition i found wasn't even the study of multiple religions
>>
>>16958817
You'll figure it out
>>
>>16958661
christianity is an amalgation of Buddhist and Hindu philosophy with middle eastern monotheism and barbarity. It's so contradictory because it suits itself to the customer it is being marketed to.
>>
>>16958817
>by those standards you would goto hell no matter what
That's literally what I was just saying isn't true. God doesn't send people to hell because they stole a piece of bubblegum when they were six.
>>
>>16958793
>Buddhist teachings are everywhere, in every religion, anything can be considered "buddhist"

No, the christfags are stealing Buddhist concepts to market their shitty religion to the new age hippies in a more fashionable way
>>
>>16958736
No one can produce proof such that you will believe it because you are a disbeliever and will only disbelieve until the day you die.
>>
>>16958824
>God doesn't send people to hell because they stole a piece of bubblegum when they were six.
but he does when a guy discovers that earth is not the centre of the universe and neither is it flat.

That deserves burning and lynching

>b-but that isn't real christianity tho

yeah right, just like how muslims follow quaran, blow everything up and then try to shut everyone up by saying terrorism has no religion and all that crap lol
>>
>>16958830
>No one can produce proof such that you will believe it because you are a disbeliever and will only disbelieve until the day you die

that's bs, christianity like islam is a militant religion, it's good for controlling masses and keeping them under the thumb of a select few but that's all there is.

Buddhism encourages individual discovery of the self and that is more liberating
>>
>>16958837
Nope.
>>
>>16958827
Meh not really, nice try though.

You read any gospel with an open mind you'll see what Jesus is talking about outside tge surfact value.

You guys just hate Christians because your preconceptions, experience, and because without Christianity, there would be a deep impact on moral right and wrong and you could embrace your gross behaviors that you know a Pure God would despise

You are talking about organized religion, not some dude figuring out spirituality the right way
>>
>>16958827
Not really, if it wasnt for Buddha, Christianity wouldn't even be a thing
>>
>>16958839
lol nice argument, that certainly convinced me
>>
>>16958853
I'd be dumb to try. Because you're dumb.
>>
>>16958824
To God, age doesn't matter. Following a text does to him so to speak. Saying that, if they stole gum from a store when they were 7 and they day 2 days later they would goto hell. God wouldn't care.

>>16958830
not at all. I believe in what I can see. I believe that we can go into outerspace thanks to modern science and so forth. It cannot be proved, unless you can figure out how to go back in time to when the ark was made and watch it all happen

>>16958831
basically this. But then again, i do have friends who are Muslim and tell me that their bible teaches nothing like that.

>>16958839
>Christianity doesn't make sense to you because you're ignorant. It makes complete sense to me and nothing doesn't make sense to me.
you say that im ignorant and your argument is nope? seriously?

this is why name fags aren't liked on 4chan

at least im willing to understand

>>16958840
thats not why i dont like Christianity. I don't care for it because it's like any fandom. when you see the amt of people acting like idiots you don't want to get into something that would turn you into such an idiot as well.
But lets take a moment and ask, what would life be like if man never found religion and never questioned how he was made and just is. How would life be if we had an Atheist concept of life?

>>16958857
>I can't argue back but im going to tell you you're wrong no matter what you throw at me!
>>
>>16958870
>Not at all.
No. It's as I say.
>>
>>16958870
>at least im willing to understand

You motherfucking liar. A curse on your brow that only god can remove.
>>
Religion is a means not an end, help for God.
>>
>>16958950
sure ok.

>>16958954
Doesn't that spell require to be in latin?
>>
>>16959012
I can do ANYTHING with god who strengthens me.
>>
>>16959020
NO! PLEASE ALMIGHTY ONE PLEASE DO NOT HEX ME! I AM NOT WORTHY!
>>
>>16958824
>God doesn't send people to hell because they stole a piece of bubblegum when they were six.

No, he sends them to Hell just for being born. What do you think "original sin" means?
>>
>>16958661
>Druids (hardly anything on it)

If you're interested in reading up on modern druidry, try this >>https://www.adf.org/articles

Or you can just keep reading the ignorant xians in this thread calling other people ignorant for not believing in their own totally plagiarized religion.
>>
>>16958692
>Christianity doesn't make sense to you because you're ignorant.

Says the ignorant xian. You guys are hilarious!
>>
>>16959020

Prove it, faggot.
>>
>>16958793
Kek no m8 this is the second thread i tell you this, krsna is not a name for god in hinduism. The term is deva.
It asl isnt a term for oneness of god, that term is either the union of shiva and shakti or brahma, depending on tradition.

Now op, buddhism is really deep and is not really a religion. We dont worship anything really, we respect the buddhas and we are thankful for bringing the teachings, but they arent gods. We also accept the fact that we all are buddhas, we all have inner buddha nature within us and this samsaric experience is the effect of ignorance causing affliction that cause karma that causes this experience. Your regular mind, inner luminosity, rigpa, buddha nature or however you want to call it is simply hidden behind it like the sun hidden behind clouds. You cant see it at the moment but its there. That sun is also in no way a cloud, andhas none of those clouds as a part of it. Rigpa transcends all dualities and characteristics. The krsna friend i quoted above will tell you that buddha was krsnas avatar or some shit, dont listen. He literally knows nothing about buddhism.

If youre interested, id recomend reading a few books, but start with Foundation of tibetan Buddhism by Kalu Rinpoche, or if youre into a more meditative practice, any book written by thich nhat hanh
>>
>>16959653
Also, in all of buddhism, every branch, we acknowledge the existance of gods and demigods, but we do not praise them. Even in obetan buddhism what people call deities are not considered sentient, live beings. They are thought forms that help you achieve certain qualities that make realizing rogpa easier.
Also, there are four main schools of buddhism, each following the next. Theravada, which only follow the first and oldest teachinggs of the buddha, the pali canon, and they focus on their own liberation, becoming a biddha and leaving forever to nirvana. Then you have mahayana, which follow the first and second ave of sutras, and focus more on compassion than self realization and they aspire to become buddhas to save all beings from suffering. Last you have vajrayana, the lightningbolt way, probably the most confusing because they use strange ways to achieve enlightenment, but its egenerally accepted as the quickest way. Trey follow the first, second. third nd fourth wave of sutras and tantras. This is where tobetan buddhism belongs, woth the exception of the gelug school.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.