[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian Magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (511 KB, 800x1038) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
511 KB, 800x1038
The apostles were said to speak in tongues and cast out demons and heal the sick and all kinds of miracles.

What is the way to achieve such holiness? Must you become a monk/nun?
>>
>>16957117
Matthew 17:20
>>
>>16957117
kek at OPs pic
dem blue eyed Arabs with giant weeaboo eyes
>>
No, monks/nuns were invented by the apostate Catholic church. There isn't magic in Christianity besides weird fringe branches of it, Christians only believe in miracles through faith and obedience.
>>
"magic" usually refers to satanic witchcraft in Christianity
>>
>>16957155
Christian Monastic life was absolutely NOT invented by the Roman Catholic Church. The Holy Orthodox Church had Monks from basically the very beginning. St John the Baptist is Ocassionally referenced as one of the first Monastics. Look up "sayings of the desert Fathers". Holy Orthodoxy began Christian Monasticism with some of the earliest Monks being St Paul of Thebes, and St Antony. St Athanasius the Great wrote a book about St Antony that gained widespread popularity when it was written.

As for OP, if you are going to look into Christianity for "Magic" purposes, you may find many incredible stories, but the obedience and discipline, and most importantly Love of the Lord is the only way to receive such gifts as the power behind them comes from God. I recommend looking into the Holy Orthodox Church my friend. God bless you.
>>
>>16957117
Those three things you mentioned are called the apostolic gifts. According to non-protestant christians, you only get those if you're in the line of apostolic succession (i.e. a bishop or one authorized to perform such actions by a bishop).

To a protestant, there are a few ways to look at things...

You can do these things through faith. This is the only theologically correct answer, however, the outward signs of faith would be the so-called good works: taking the sacraments, avoiding and truely repenting (metanoeite) of your sins (and even rectifying them when they are sins against living people), doing charity, studying theology, metatating on the scriptures, etc etc...basically, being a really really REALLY good christian.

The second thing would be the will of god. Your desires to heal, exorcise, speak, etc etc, would need to be in accord with the will of god.

Meeting these two things; having faith and desiring to do the will of god, should the occasion arise where one needs to do miraculous things, god will provide.
>>
>>16957155
you're wrong, the bible acknowledges witchcraft and magic and all sorts of gobblygook but it's frowned upon and deemed a sin

practitioners of magic are sent to hell unless youre god i guess. then l0l miracles
>>
These hypotheses of "having faith" or "the will of God" look very similar to Thelema.
Although they supposedly are essentially different I can't say there is not a trend here. Seriously.
>>
>>16957155
Miracles are considered magic by external definitions, which is what OP is using.

>>16957117
Miracleworking isn't something that can be sought out.
>>
>>16958100

Thanks for posting this.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.