[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Afterlife Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1439267959151.jpg (26 KB, 352x261) Image search: [Google]
1439267959151.jpg
26 KB, 352x261
If an afterlife were to exist, what do you think it would be like.

Here's my take: since our bodies basically turn into fertilizer when we die, what ever residual energy/consciousness we have left becomes part of the whole of nature (trees, flowers, all that fancy shit.)
>>
I hope I'm a ghost stuck in a house just to fuck with people. Like when they shower on the fogged mirror draw lol or boo just generally being a invisible asshole.
>>
>>16955620
That also sounds pretty fucking rad; I'd just become a pop-scare machine.
>>
>>16955628
I know right like I swear I have a ghost like that my keys are always missing.
>>
So if you die and except that your dead you go into the light.

If you die and still think you are alive you run away from the light and stay entangled with this world.

Every cell every particle is entangled with another
So you coexist here and in the "kingdom of heaven"

Your particles still exist here after you have died and alwAys will because thy are entangled here. On this planet and in the void, the white light, heaven the great beyond.

The achachic record is this white light this is the essence of all creation the Buddha the way the truth the light.

Enlightenment is only achieved after death

Do not be sad if someone dies they become the white light they are at peace they know all because they are all
>>
>>16955608
>If an afterlife were to exist, what do you think it would be like.
Angel Beats.
>>
Not sure, but if it's the kind of afterlife where I reexperience moments from my life for all eternity, I'm going to regret not going outside once in a while.
>>
I do not believe in a higher power and do not believe in an afterlife.
If I were to live on indefinitely I would much rather live in the Christian version of hell than their heaven. I believe this because, in my opinion, eternal life is punishment no matter if you are being tortured or pampered. If you were to die and go to Christian heaven, you would never experience any unwanted sensations; if I were to only have positive experiences I would most likely become numb to them. On the other hand, if I were in hell, the feeling of constant pain would make me feel a different emotion other than pure happiness.
In short, if I were to go to a heaven, I believe I would become numb to all emotion eventually. If I were to go to hell I would have a sense of being alive. In hell you would mostly have a negative experience, but you could also think of the good times you enjoyed while you were still living.
>>
>>16955855
Becoming part of 'the essense of creation' is not my idea of a fun time. I will keep what you say in mind and avoid this horrifying light when I die. Thanks for the warning!
>>
>>16956476
What reason do you have to believe you'd become numb in heaven? The idea of getting bored of paradise is quite a mortal one, don't you think? Seriously, check your logic:

>In Christian heaven, you never experience unwanted sensations
>If, in Christian heaven, I only had positive experiences, I'd become numb to them (an unwanted sensation)
>Therefore, I choose hell

Da fuq?
>>
>>16956585
From my perspective they are both undesirable outcomes. They would both be torture in their own way.
>>If, in Christian heaven, I only had positive experiences, I'd become numb to them (an unwanted sensation)
When I say numb I mean lack of a sensation.
As a human my life consists of more than just happiness, but if I was in the Christian version of heaven I would only be able to experience a fraction of what I experience on Earth.
>>
>>16955855
I honestly don't think there's time for you to decide whether you're dead or not, nor a light to head towards or veer from, when you get into a car accident and die on impact.
>>
>>16956476
>if I were to only have positive experiences I would most likely become numb to them
>I won't go numb to the feeling of Hell's constant pain though
That's a neat party trick.
>>
>>16957879
Yeah, I've rethought how dumb that sounds. It's not like a believe in an afterlife anyway.
To explain my line of thinking though, I always thought that heaven was eternal happiness and hell was eternal torture. God wouldn't allow you to have any bad experiences in heaven because it is supposed to be the perfect place. Is heaven meant to stop you from having any bad thoughts though? Will I have any recollection of any bad memories when I'm there?
Applying that same login to hell, would I not have any good memories?
Maybe if the bible wasn't written by retards that couldn't create consistent logic in a book this wouldn't be a conversation.
>>
>>16957879
>>16958236
Also there is a big difference between your thoughts and what you feel physically.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.