[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to deal with sleep paralysis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
here's the thing, I had a couple of very stressfull weeks (exams, projects etc) 4 days ago I went to sleep after these long weeks and something really scary happened when I woke up. I saw everything in a blueish way and couldn't move, or speak, when I tried to I heard myself kind of "hmmm", I tried to move again and almost fell out of bed, my heart was beating so fucking fast it took like 1 minute to go back to normal, been having these kind of problems since... any advice?
>>
>thats not me...
>think twice
>MOVE!
and jump out of bed
>>
>>16954711
shit like this happens from stress so chill , play vidya and it will pass
>>
>>16954711
hold your breath. its the only thing you can control, if you stop breathing your body will wake quickly
>>
>>16954711
The only time I've ever had sleep paralysis I was sleeping on my back and the pillow was bent over in such a way it was putting pressure on the back of my neck.

I feel like that must having something to do with it, blood flow or nerve related or something.
>>
they say wiggle your toes? I just tried to turn around to see what was humming and snapped out of it. Anyone know how to induce it? cool shit happens sometimes, and mine are always pleasant.
>>
>>16954711
Sleep on your side
>>
>>16954711 look up how to transition from sp to obe. It gives you something to think about while you're in an episode so you don't have a panic attack. It works for me, I haven't successfully obe'd but I haven't had another freak out since. Main thing is you have to commit it to memory awake or you wont remember during an episode.
>>
Pro tip: do not fear the paralisys, stay calm as long as you can, you can gain control over this. if you do not wish to experience were will it take you then just focus on trying to move 1 part of your body and you will eventually be able to do so, and awake
>>
Yes this happens to me too all the time but the thing is I know how to trigger it. Sometimes I do it subconsciously when I'm asleep so I start to panic and it is the worst feeling ever.

One time I had SP and I opened my eyes slightly and I could feel like a little child sitting on my chest strangling me. I want to eventually overcome my fear for it and maybe explore it. Does anyone know if SP could lead to lucid dreaming and what should I do to achieve this?
>>
Tell the thing to fuck off, but mean it.

You have to show it that you're not a soft target and that it can bugger off. Don't have any other emotions than anger.
>>
I've had periodic sleep paralysis my whole life, theses are all pretty good methods. As for the OBE thing, I want to add that it has been one of the methods that has worked for me, and like me you don't have to believe that anything supernatural is happening, it's just a good way to escape sleep paralysis and either transition into a lucid dream or wake up.

It goes without saying but keep in mind that the best way to avoid it is to practice good sleep hygiene and work on reducing stress. Easier said than done.
>>
>>16956096
Exactly what I was trying to say. It's more about mind set then it is actually making it happen. It helped so well that I'm actually trying to induce it. You have any advice on that?
>>
sleep paralysis. look up on google, there are shitloads of solutions. anyway it can be useful if you want to experience astral projection.
>>
>>16954711
i sleep with an iron phurba under my pillow, problem solved.
>>
>>16954711
I don't get scared at paralysis, but something fucked up happened a couple of nights ago
>Keep dreaming I'm asleep and waking up in different scenarios throughout the night
>I'm laying in bed half conscious
>Start feeling some intense vibrations inside my head
>Literally the left side of my skull starts vibrating
>In my dream, wake up to tell my parents
>Mother cries "They're here! we have to go!"
>Parents run outside
>Think it's an earthquake in my dream
>Outside of parents house, see them from far
>Everything is in a red hue
>Mom keeps crying "they're here! get over here!"
>I start levitating
>I levitate fast as fuck, jerking me awake
>Felt spooky man
>>
>>16956180
uh, vibrations and levitating, i'm sure you had a almost-astral-experience, lucky you.
>>
>>16956131
Thought so, don't really know why but that one has always been easier for me than waking myself. Unfortunately I don't have any good practical advice on inducing it.

Check out some lucid dreaming techniques, there are some pretty good ones. Even those silly glasses that flash a light are effective (not sure if those are still a thing). I think it boils down to picking a method, setting a routine and practicing it.
>>
>>16956186
It felt real as fuck. I also saw a white cloud looking thing right next to my bed. I wasn't scared of it, and it went through me, I was surrounded by its mist
>>
>>16956203
Well sleep para was going to be my in to lucid dreaming but they come and go so I have to wait until they start up again.
>>
>>16956213
False wake imo
>>
>>16954711
this can happen when your bed is dirty, wash your fucking sheets OP
>>
>>16954711
motherfucker you are so lucky, remain calm and wait
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.