[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nirvikalpa Samādhi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6
File: Chakra07.png (12 KB, 165x145) Image search: [Google]
Chakra07.png
12 KB, 165x145
Have only a handful of people in history attained this level? Are 7th Chakra experiences extremely unique?
>>
In the western world definitely.
However there are other places.

Western people tend to act quite clumsily when it comes to spirituality, mostly due to the religious stress it has been living through the past centuries.

Compared to the amount of people living on this planet today, yes the number is ridiculously low.
>>
Can we get some lore or data on this, beyond what a simple googling can achieve?

This as i read has levels "inside" itself as an experience or state.

Is this in effect Bhudda-level spiritual states?
>>
>>16954551
>experiences extremely unique
Experiences tend to be that way, just in general.

If there was no element of similarity to these experiences, we wouldn't have a name for it.

>>16954559
Pretty much.
>>
>>16954551
No. Tons of people. But tons less than the total of the world.
>>
>>16954555
Spiritual awareness doesn't work like that. I've met tons of spiritually aware people. Some people play the part but are no more aware. They are play acting. Some people don't and they still aren't. I live in america and I am enlightenment.
>>
So there have been hundreds of Bhuddas? Or similar kinds of people?
>>
>>16955543
Everyone is the enlightened buddha, or potentially they just gotta figure it out
>>
>>16955543
according to our resident namefag, tons. tons and tons. you could fill a landfill with them. tons. he's met tons. tons. the word has stopped making sense now, right? tons. tons and tons. a ton. tons.
>>
>>16955543
Yes. Definitely. I can vouch for seven including myself.
>>
yep no sense whatsoever
>>
>>16955555
You're such a loser.
>>
>I am enlightenment
>You're such a loser

You'll figure it out
>>
>>16955572
whatever you say, you gigantic, unenlightened, wingless, moribund, complete and utter fucking clown.
>>
>>16955584
No U
>>
I'm currently working on opening this Chakra.

Have had a few experiences such as falling into a waking meditation trance with fullblown visions of angels dancing, fractals and sacred geometric shapes.

Plenty times stronger, more vivid and blissful that acid.

I believe there are "levels" to it, sure, ranging from a blissful day to divinity touching you.

Reaching the right state of mind for this Chakra to open is very hard in todays society.
>>
>>16955572
>>16955521
>>16955584
>>16955589
>>
File: 1375465454.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1375465454.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>16955566
>>
>>16954559
Nirvikalpa Samadhi is generally understood as a formless level state of being. It is beyond feelings of a self, a complete feeling of union with everything and nothing at the same time. it is the ultimte goal of hindu tantra, and is achieved by the union of shiva (the energy within the crown chakra) and shakti, the kundalini which rests within muladhara chakra.
In tibetan buddhist view on the different states of living beings, this is the third, formless gods realm. It is not however the same as Nirvana and buddhahood. it is simply another worldly sensation, the experience of a formless god (shiva in the shivalingam form is a formles god)

in tibetan buddhism, the ultimate samadhi is called rigpa and it is beyond being a simple samadhi and is simply realizing your innate, inherent and everpresent buddha nature.
>>
>>16955590
it's your lucky day. we've got a real, live buddha in this thread, and he's met tons of other buddhas and enlightened people. tons. maybe he'll help you out once he's finished sucking his enlightened boyfriend's enlighened cock.
>>
>>16955543
there have been, and are, millions of buddhas. Evvery living being has the nature of the buddha, but most are lost in the confusion created by ignorance.
generally, many have achieved buddhahood, but those ar not the one who claim so. you know a buddha when yolu see one, and he wont have a sign saying BUDDHA HERE COME ON I AM ENLIGHTENED HEY LOOK AT ME.
>>16955521
if you were enlightened you wouldnt need to claim to be. stop roleplaying
>>
Wouldn't Buddha be able to teleport etc? Or have supernatural powers and so on? I don't mean that he would flout them, but a Buddha should be able to do such things.
>>
>>16955660
yes, legends say you get tons of supernatural powers if you are even close to buddha. people nowadays just don't have the required spiritual powerlevels.
>>
>>16955660
you talk about siddhis, and yes. those do appear while on the right path. But if you cling onto them as the goals, or as the thing that makes the buddha, then you will never become or get all the benefits from a buddha. they are mearly side effects.
>>
>>16955631
>if you were enlightened you wouldnt need to claim to be. stop roleplaying
That's not true.
>>
Yes i realized that, i mentioned the supernatural powers to make the distinction of the "border" when approaching or attaining Buddhahood and being spiritual but far from it.
>>
>>16955697
And at that moment the holy spiritual leader from 4chan spoke: "mark my words buddahfags thou shalt post your buddahood on facebook and brag about thy holyness in /x/"
>>
>>16955697
kek. do you think That Shakyamuni had to say he is enlightened and bra about it to all his friends?
>>
>>16955718
>implying he never said it.
>implying I bragged
This is why you are a charlatan. Because you're a dumb guy wear the clothes of a smart person.
>>
>>16955712
Why are you whining?
>>
>arguing on a samadhi thread

I can't see the wisdom here...
>>
>>16955747
he taught about buddha nature. About the nature of suffering and about emptiness of all things. But no, he never said he was the buddha, or that he was enlightened.
If you are enlightened there is no need to claim to be so, people will know, people will feel it. and saying things like "i am enlightened" and "i know 7 enlgithened people other than myself" just shows how roleplay faggotary it is.

please learn the dharma before you speak about it or claim to be the emanation of its essence.
>>
>>16955758
Dharma doesn't goetia
>>
>>16955769
?? how is that relevant
>>
>>16955776
Because youre calling out someone else without recognizing your own short coming
>>
>>16955769
lies. i summoned three buddhas from the goetia who helped me a lot in my path thx
>>
>>16955779
i have no short comeing? i never claimed to be enlightened, infact im sure im not. what i do know though, is that what you are is one big ego, full of ignorance even at its root.
so please, before talking about the dharma, learn about the dharma. the buddha himself said that the dharma wont fall because of some external factor, but because of people practicing it without knowing it throughly/
>>
>>16955782
Good for you
>>
>>16955758
Yes he did.
>>
>>16955807
care to quote the sutras? or any text?
>>
>>16955817
Yes.
>>
I've experienced samadhi before when I had time for myself, but it started fading away once I started working.
>>
>>16955590
What are you doing to empower your 7th chakra?
>>
Purple little sunwaves
>>
i wonder how many have gone on to chakras 8-12 or higher
>>
>>16956791
There are only 7 chakras and then there is no more growth needed. One is full grown when he has self-mastery which comes with the 7th chakra.
>>
>>16954551
did it with a bag of liberty caps... it was fleeting and over in moments but I remember it thirty years later
>>
File: Black.jpg (26 KB, 597x447) Image search: [Google]
Black.jpg
26 KB, 597x447
>>16955555
>>16955572
>>
File: 4.jpg (363 KB, 3160x1480) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
363 KB, 3160x1480
>>16955555
>>
So is the 7th Chakra the final plateau that is before Buddhahood but at the same time the plateau where most high level ascetics trying to attain nirvana fail?
>>
>>16956830

> there are only 7 chakras
> kek
>>
Itt: buddhafags arguing over who can role play the best. Fucking nihilists.
>>
So supposedly those that have attained Buddha hood in the past few centuries always keep themselves hidden, or have gone unnoticed?
>>
>>16956907
>>16958084
Take anything and /x/ will RP with it.
>>
>>16958076
> im so speshul i open OC chakras!!!
>>
>>16954555
>Western people tend to act quite clumsily when it comes to spirituality, mostly due to the religious stress it has been living through the past centuries.

Not even remotely true.
>>
>>16958469
So true, and they seem to need drugs too.
>>
>>16958478
You clearly have no idea about Western esoteric systems.

I bet you have it in your head that India is some magical spiritual country where everyone meditates on their chakras all the time.
>>
>>16958487
No, india is a shithole. And praying and going to church doesn't count as spiritual experiences because nothing happens.
>>
So is the 7th Chakra the final plateau that is before Buddhahood but at the same time the plateau where most high level ascetics trying to attain nirvana fail?

So supposedly those that have attained Buddha hood in the past few centuries always keep themselves hidden, or have gone unnoticed?
>>
I definitely don't consider myself enlighten but I feel as though I am spiritually awear still having a lot to learn.
>>
>>16958487
>>16958493
Yoga in the East is more about spirit than Yoga in the West which focuses on the body and social gatherings. India would be note adept at teaching you yoga than in America, because it is severely watered down here.

The west is less modest in this regard, the east is more devout and knowledgeable, with a significant amount more humility than most Americans will approach it at first.

Doing anything causes a spiritual experience when you look at it outside the physical nature.
>>
>>16958616
Thanks for clearing that up for me then, me sitting here listening to music and smoking my CBD vape is also spiritual for me then, as i gain great happiness from it.
>>
>>16954559
>2016
>googling

good goying
>>
>>16958621
>vapeing
>spiritualism

do you even troll this way here
>>
>>16958621
Honestly, marijuana and spirituality mix well together, or can make it seem spiralling out of control.

Detachment from sense pleasures is favorable, but yes, cannabis can help one stop being angry and realize why they were angry in the first place was a stupid reaction. It can also help one get into a "meditative" state. It also brings positive vibrations. Smoking weed can also drain one's energy, make them lazy, slow, but simple.

>>16958624
>>16958629

Definately a reason why marijuana is growing on Earth's soil.
>>
>>16958076
That's not a response. It's a fucking.
>>
>>16958251
Yes. They get harder and harder to spot only because the unenlightened get blinder and blinder and deafer and deafer and are turned, still, toward their own ways which are inferior.

Revelation 18:23
And the light of a lamp will shine in you no more, and the voice of bridegroom and bride will be heard in you no more, for your merchants were the great ones of the earth, and all nations were deceived by your sorcery.
>>
>>16958504
The 7th chakra is the end. No more growth can be attained past it. Anyone who disagrees and looking upon the crown chakra finds it lacking is himself lacking only.

>>16958504
Yes. They get harder and harder to spot only because the unenlightened get blinder and blinder and deafer and deafer and are turned, still, toward their own ways which are inferior.

Revelation 18:23
And the light of a lamp will shine in you no more, and the voice of bridegroom and bride will be heard in you no more, for your merchants were the great ones of the earth, and all nations were deceived by your sorcery.
>>
>>16958641
>Definately a reason why marijuana is growing on Earth's soil.

For the souls who wanted to incarnate as marijuana to live.
>>
How to tell the enlightened from the delusional pretenders 101:

1.) Do they still suffer?
2.) Are they selflessly devoted to serving mankind?

Note how an insistence on claiming one is enlightened is nothing more than a self-serving lie used as a false justification for selfish gain. The real ones simply do good work and nothing more needs to be said about it.
>>
>>16958669
I don't see how you can say that. You're not even enlightened. Who can tell god or buddha or jesus they are not right? No one who doesn't want to blaspheme god.
>>
>>16958677
You will never understand the dharma if you don't practice it. It cannot be spoon fed into your mind like ideas from a book. You must experience its truth for yourself firsthand. Of course this will never happen so long as you're bound by the limitations of self-interest.
>>
sure is ego in here. why don't we all consider toning down the judgment of subject experiences by "objective" standards?
>>
>>16958683
Bullshit.
>>
>>16959871
>sure is ego in here. why don't we all consider toning down the judgment of subject experiences by "objective" standards?
fuck off hippy faggot. Your philosophy exists solely for goyim.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahasam%C4%81dhi

So there are levels within it.
>>
>>16958616
>Yoga in the East is more about spirit than Yoga in the West which focuses on the body and social gatherings

No doubt about it, but yoga isn't the only spiritual discipline and the West has its own.

>The west is less modest in this regard, the east is more devout and knowledgeable, with a significant amount more humility than most Americans will approach it at first.

Complete nonsense, the east is just as susceptible to egotism and corruption of its teachings as the west.
>>
File: 1445940514561.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
1445940514561.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>16958647
>The 7th chakra is the end. No more growth can be attained past it. Anyone who disagrees and looking upon the crown chakra finds it lacking is himself lacking only.

>the unenlightened get blinder and blinder and deafer and deafer and are turned, still, toward their own ways which are inferior.
>>
File: budha.png (3 MB, 1124x758) Image search: [Google]
budha.png
3 MB, 1124x758
guys ITT should look into matusmoto shiro and criticial buddhism re arguments against 'dhatuvada'. his view is that the historical buddha's teaching was actually criticism of india's traditional 'dhatuvada' metaphysics ie the view of real substance or essence or atman. later buddhist traditions brought back 'dhatuvada' in the form of 'buddha-nature' and 'tathagatagarbha' which, according to shiro, is nothing but the 'dhatuvada' which was the object of historical buddha's criticism.

for example, this thread seems to assume there is a highest level of consciousness which is real, permanent, and the goal of spiritual life. there also seems to be some understanding that nirvana is a kind of ultimate state. but what we find in the pali canon and chinese agamas (earliest buddhist texts which preceeded mahayana buddhism, tibetan buddhism, and later hindu-buddhist combos like kashmir shaivism, tantricism, etc) is that consciousness is likened to an illusion, being impermanent and insubstantial. this is the meaning of the buddha's 2nd discourse called anattalakkhana or characteristics of not-self, that any kind of consciousness, whether mundane or profound, is not-self, not to be regarded as the center or essence. why? because it is dependently arisen, not controllable, impermanent. can you alter your consciousness at will or do you have to take drugs or do extended yogic practices? are you 24/7 conscious of your eternal self-nature or rather is consciousness appearing-disappearing, modified by brain and other factors, rather than one whole independent substantial self-nature?

what we find in the earliest buddhist texts is decidedly not an exaltation of an ultimate spiritual state, comparable to the atman-brahman theory, but rather the teaching that there is no self-nature and therefore no ultimate state to be obtained: nirvana is extinction of the conditioned aspects of being including consciousness.

if there's no consciousness in nirvana, who experiences it?
>>
>>16958641
it stops you being angry... until you run out. don't be so deceived and dependent. try to quit and see how much 'spirituality' you really have without the illusion.
>>
>>16962319
he's right you know

consciousness, no matter what 'level' or 'state' it has is still temporary and illusory. in fact looking for higher or highest level of consciousness will only lead one into desire and ignorance
>>
>>16958616
>India
>Indians
>not the most racist, shithead egoists in the world
>>
>>16962335
it definitely causes suffering when you cling to a 'higher' state of consciousness. for example, years ago, i tried lsd. for 12 hours or whatever i was in bliss but the very next day, after it completely wore off and the ordinary mundane state of mind resumed its functioning, i was thrown into the depths of despair, feeling like i'd lost so much. in a depressed rage i tore up my room looking for money to go out to get more, found none, and had the worst day ever. people who 'chase the dragon' of supposedly spiritual states of mind really set themselves up for a lot of longterm suffering and drug dependency. it's better to come to terms with the impermanent nature of all states, high or low. yogis in india smoking weed all day long are not spiritual masters anymore than your local afro-americans.
>>
I think that using substances to attain or experience higher states of consciousness hinders rather than helps.

Substances may allow someone to experience something from 10% to 80% of the total, but inhibit his capacity to be liberated from this world by hitting 100%.

Could there be any basis for such a thing?
>>
>>16962243
If it is is only to fish men.
>>
>>16962361
>I can't handle my shit so no one else can either
>>
>>16962370
You've never done a full dose of anything I'd wager. Couple shrooms or a hit or two of Lucy, try a thumbprint and come back saying it's not 100%
>>
I know it's /x/ of all places but you're all so babby mode it's kind of nuts
>>
Aren't NDE experiences more intense and life-changing than in example DMT experiences?

Would not this indicate or prove that the endogenous experience is superior to one stimulated by exogenous biochemical factors?
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.