[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strange encounters in my house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ghost.jpg (78 KB, 1500x1236) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
78 KB, 1500x1236
2014, My husband was offered a job in a new state, a we bought a new house in that state in the summer. It's a two story house, except it has an underground basement/shelter in the event of a tornado. (We live in a state where this is actually a possibility) All I know is that it is at least 110 years old.

We have two children, a 3 year old girl and 6 year old boy. Our boy has recently been diagnosed with autism. It is not severe, but it's been the biggest struggle of my life. My husband has been wonderful though throughout it all and he is a great human being. We are both agnostic. I have never belonged to a religion nor have I ever believed in ghosts or the supernatural. I feel bad about it now but I have actually before in the past openly mocked people who believe in the supernatural. I never thought I'd admit this but now I believe in the supernatural. Please hear me out on this.

Something very odd has been happening in my house and as of right now I have been unable to find believable explanations for many things.
>>
But let me start from the beginning I guess.

When we moved in, it was obvious the house was very old and needed work done on it. Since moving in we have fixed it up a lot. It barely resembles how it looked like when we first moved in. From the summer of 2014 until January of this year, I witnessed nothing out of the ordinary. Neither did my husband. However, there is one thing that may or may not be noteworthy. and that is the dreams. Since moving in both me and my husband have experienced horrifying dreams around the beginning of each month. (The first 6/7 days) I myself am not used to nightmares, normally I rarely dream and when I do I can't remember it or it is just a stupid dream about nothing in particular. My husband however claims he has always had bad nightmares and doesn't really think it is that weird. He also takes sleeping pills often. I do not.

By the encouragement of my therapist, I have catalogued these dreams, both mine and the ones my husband tells me about, for about five months now. In that time, Here are the dreams we have had:

The most common repeating dream for me: waking up in the middle of the night to our tv being on in our bedroom, with a newscast warning of a tornado coming very soon. My husband and I hear a storm outside. Obviously in this dream both me and my husband know that we must jump out of bed, gather our children and supplies, and run to the basement. However, when we are running to our children's room, where we THINK their rooms are, we do not find them. After looking, we find my boy in a bathtub upstairs, our girl in a closet. Our boy screams how he just woke up in the bathtub. We grab our kids and run to the kitchen for supplies. Our kitchen is completely empty. There is nothing in the kitchen. We run to the basement. When we run to the basement there is a dead body in it. The dead body is my husband.
>>
At this point I look at my husband Jim (the one standing next to me, not dead) and he says "Michelle I am really sorry. I have never been real. I do not exist. Goodbye." Then I wake up.

My husband's most common dream: Waking up in the middle of night, rolling over and seeing me dead with a knife through my chest and I am screaming. After seeing this he immediately gets called into work. For whatever reason my husband throws my body into our bathtub and tells me he will be right back. He then goes to work. Only to find that the building where he works is no longer there. It is at this point that in the dream he completely forgets who he is or where he is, how to get home. He then wakes up.

Other dreams we have had: -Our children dying in horrific ways. -One of us finding out that the other has never actually existed. (We have both had these dreams) - Phone calls from dead relatives asking us over and over why did we move into the house, when are we moving out (both of us have this dream)

- Waking up covered head to toe in blood (my dream) - having another baby named James, our autistic boy kills James (both of us have had this) -Waking up to someone with an ax cutting an arm off (my husband's dream) - I'm in the kitchen cleaning and preparing for a visit from my husband's family, when I suddenly realize that I am in our old house, the old kitchen. I freak out. I have no idea how I got there. I call my husband and he picks up. Asks me where have I been, the police have been looking for me for two years. I tell him that somehow I am in our old house. He says that's impossible, the house burned down years ago. I wake up.
>>
Anyways, there are many others, but those are the most common. These dreams happen in the first 6-7 days of each month.
Now to what I have actually seen and experienced in REAL life.

Since January of this year:

Several unexplained phone calls from an unknown number. I'd say this has happened about 15-20 times since January of this year. Phone rings at 4 pm, you pick up the phone and it is a lady on the other end screaming for help, saying the tornado is coming and she needs help, her baby is hurt, where do we live. After the first time receiving this phone call, we called the police, who haven't been much help. They have been unable to tell us anything except that the calls are sometimes coming from New York and sometimes from California. That makes no sense to me. I don't know anyone in Cal. I have never been to NY. Neither has my husband.

Our tv, our ceiling lights, our fans, our washing machine/dryer, the night light in my baby girls room, they all turn on and off completely on their own. My husband notices this, says it is creepy but probably because the house is so old. He becomes annoyed with me whenever I bring it up.

Many things have disappeared. Towels, forks, spoons, toys, three of my purses, bathroom items such as face wash, shampoo, soap. Old coins from my husband's coin collection, pictures and their frames, sometimes frames are left behind. Socks, pens, pencils. An entire chair. My husband says we just need to look harder, we will find them. Probably the children took them. I've searched everywhere...

-Both my husband and I, and several people who have been in our house for long periods, lose track of time A LOT while in the house. the scariest moments :
>>
one day I was pouring cereal, I started to feel very weird. I put the milk down, it was 9 am. I sit in a chair and breathe slowly, tell myself I just need to eat something and I'll be okay. I'm staring at the table trying to focus in my breathing. The next thing I know I hear the baby crying for me and I jump up and start walking to her room when I notice the time reads 12:32 pm. My husband has experience similar episodes, says it is probably bc of his medication.

This is something that happened with my friend and I: For weeks we had been planning for her to visit me one day (I rarely see her). We had been talking about her bringing her little boy Austin over to play with my son. The day finally comes for her visit and I completely forget she was supposed to come. She rings the doorbell and I open the door and suddenly remember and feel embarrassed. I let her in and we go to the kitchen. I start feeling very weird again and so does my friend. I have one hand gripping the edge of my sink, my friend is sitting at the table. The next thing I know I hear my baby crying again and I look at the time on the stove. HOURS have gone by and I start freaking out. I suddenly remember my friend was supposed to bring her son. I ask her where her son is. She looks at me for a long time and starts crying, saying she forgot she had a child. She jumps up and runs out of the house saying she has no idea where her baby is. Luckily when she got home her son was in his room still sleeping. I tell my husband and he says the stress has probably been getting to both of us lately.
>>
Okay, now for the scariest moment that has ever happened to me that has prompted me to conclude that my house is haunted:

A few weeks ago I wake up to a completely black figure standing in my door way pointing at my window. I start screaming thinking it is an intruder. Obviously my husband wakes up and I scream "someone is in the house" and he grabs the rifle we keep in our bedroom, checks our whole room. Tells me to stay in the room with our other gun, which is a handgun. I'm laying in bed honestly shocked, thinking I am dreaming. I'm thinking to myself I've never used a gun before. Suddenly there's a loud knock coming from the window, I see the black figure again and start screaming. My husband suddenly bursts into the room, flips the light on, I look at the window the black figure is gone. My husband is violently shaking and crying saying the baby is gone. We call the police and search the whole house. We find our girl in a closet.

Just like in my dreams. She was in a closet... There is currently a police investigation going over what happened that night, but so far no leads, and there was no evidence of a break in.
>>
Just like in my dreams. She was in a closet... There is currently a police investigation going over what happened that night, but so far no leads, and there was no evidence of a break in.

Since that night I have been struggling with depression, my husband and I have been fighting more and more. He doesn't believe the house is haunted, he says hurtful things like I need to see a doctor, I'm just stressed, I shouldn't be acting like a child, I need to be reasonable otherwise the children will get scared. Reddit I have no idea what to do, where to go from here, what to say to my husband to get him to believe. Something is going on in this house and I cannot stand living here any longer. I feel like I haven't slept in years. I'm constantly anxious. I'm nervous about by marriage, my son's autism. My son keeps asking me why do I let the bad people in the house. He asks me if I have seen the bad man. He asks me "what happened to my brother James?"

To clarify once more I do not have another son named James.

/x/any advice is welcome. Am I crazy?
>>
>Reddit I have no idea what to do
wat, nice story though
>>
Hello OP im M Night Shamalamading-dong. Id like to offer you a movie deal.
>>
OP ghosts are not real but demons are. I have been though demonic attack and i feel like i have beaten it now. You should start praying and asking Jesus for protection i used to be an atheist and i know how hard it is to believe prayer works but it does do not feel embarrassed to do it God/Jesus is listening and they do hear you.

My demonic attack was brought on by something i did. Your demon problem seems to be attached to your house probably from activity that previously went on there.
>>
File: HA.gif (500 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
HA.gif
500 KB, 480x228
>>16953777
>>
Ask the ghost if she'll back the fuck off if you pay to build her a fucking storm shelter.
>>
If this is a legitimate story I think you may have someone living in your house. I'm not sure about the dreams though.
>>
>>16953438
get a dog
>>
>>16954411
I like that answer
>>
>>16954433
I SECOND THAT EMOTIIOOOOON
>>
>>16954436
Mah nigga, it's so simple. I'm no expert on ghosts or the occult. Or dogs or anything else. But I have a dog and no spooky nonsense happens around here. Besides sleep paralysis but I haven't had an episode in a month or more
>>
Well, if this is real. And you and your husband are obviously encourting this; you really need just to get out of the house. Have you maybe ever considered having someone come in and smudging your entire house, or as stupid as it may sound to your husband having a holy figure in your house?
I've only ever had one ghost expirence, so I'm not sure. But I would start praying, and hey! Maybe look into the history of your house that you're living in.
(Praying helped me alot after my ghost experience; -;)
>>
Pray for a dog
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.