[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Share stories and the like.. Biggest irrational fears /x/? Ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 16
File: download (2).jpg (5 KB, 289x175) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5 KB, 289x175
Share stories and the like..
Biggest irrational fears /x/?
Ever since I was a child I'm never able to go to sleep without locking the door to my room. I always feel like something is watching me, even after searching my room.
>>
>>16948069
Ever since I watched the human centipede 1 & 2, I've been horrified of centipedes. Also, I'm the opposite of you. Almost every night since I was 9-10 years old, I've imagined that I was being closely monitored and if I moved, I would be killed, and it helps me fall asleep. I guess because I lay still long enough.
>>
Doppelganger.
Imagine looking out your window casually and seeing an exact copy of yourself walk by or something. I would freak the fuck out. I'm getting anxious just thinking about it
>>
Childhood fear: That I absorbed a murderous conjoined twin in-eutero and that part of it's brain and consciousness was still trapped inside me.
>>
>>16948069

When I was about five, a tiger managed to escape its enclosure at the local zoo and fled into the surrounding suburbs. It killed two pet dogs and mauled a pedestrian.

After the local news reported on this, I was always scared that if I fell asleep, the tiger would some how break into our third floor apartment and eat my family before waiting for me to wake up and eating me too.

This didn't go away until I was about eight. They'd caught the tiger within two days, but boy oh boy, was I fucking terrified for three goddamn years...
>>
>>16948069
One time at church camp
I felt like leaving the group and going for a walk right
>Walking somewhere i dont care
>I can feel the wind in my hair!
Suddenly come to a bridge over a pond
So i walked to the middle
>look down into water
>hang over ledge a bit
I got bored so i walked away towards the end of the bridge which was met by a small thicket
>walk into thicket
>suddenly get surrounded by trees
Walking for a bit
Noticed a old creepy building so i walked over to it
Noticed it has no windows and the roof has crumbled in
>walk in
>door is unlocked
>smells like ass
I walked over to what i thought was the kitchen
>find nudie mags on the floor
>nigger jumps out from behind me and ass rapes me
And thats how i got the irrational fear that if i ever look at a nuddie mag a nigger will rape me
>>
File: peg_hooks.jpg (3 KB, 350x175) Image search: [Google]
peg_hooks.jpg
3 KB, 350x175
peg board hooks.

had a recurring dream where walking down a store isle with nothing on the hooks. rows and rows of hooks. walking down the middle, on a freshly moped floor. slip and fall, impaling a hook in my eye. and im stuck there squirming trying to find a footing to get up off the hook. but i keep slipping as the hook thrusts in and out of my head... i dont walk down empty isles. i also can't do eye drops or contacts...
>>
One night I woke up and I felt like I was controlling someone else's body.

It was my body, but it didn't feel like it. I felt like I was wearing the body as a suit almost. I was just consciousness piloting a puppet.

It terrified me and I want it to happen again.
>>
>>16950087
sometimes i feel like my hands are on the wrong side's. its fuckin tripy shit.
>>
Something in my house
Yeah I know
>niggers
No sound clues no nothing, house has no history of hauntings because my dad bought it new in 2005 and we live in fucking suburban Texas
But even so because I stay up late as fuck on /x/ I still got that eerie feeling when up at 3 in the morning that while on my way to piss one night I may look into the room on my left before the bathroom and something may look back at me.
>>
>>16950084
>impaling a hook in my eye
Yes, exactly. I have these kinds of thoughts about literally everything. It's like paranoia or OCD but it doesn't affect me emotionally, I just sort of think about it.
>>
getting AIDS/HIV scares me more than death
>>
I'm afraid I'll be the only one left alive after my family gets into a car accident.
>>
>>16950231
This. I'd rather die or become a quadriplegic than lose anyone of my family.
>>
I have a fear of large objects underwater, the thought of swimming by a boat or something submerged freaks me out. There is a mission in gta 5 where you have to collect missing plane parts in the ocean for some old lady and I couldn't even finish it, my boyfriend had to do it. Guess I could never scuba dive, I would die from anxiety.
>>
Commitment.
>>
>>16949871
Fuck now I am too
>>
>>16950097
Go see a doctor
>>
File: 1380594420911.gif (486 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
1380594420911.gif
486 KB, 475x347
>>16950451
>>
>>16950426
Same here, especially those black military submarines
>>
I saw Pet Cemetery when I was young and ever since I'm paranoid that there is an undead demon toddler under my bed just waiting to hamstring me, so I always jump in and out of bed. I don't even think about it, I just do it. Didn't even realize it really until I had a friend sleep over and they commented on it
>>
Ever since I was little I can't stand going up to cliffs or ledges like my sister for example lives on the 42nd floor of an apartment building and I can stand going out on her balcony too far without feeling insanely anxious

I also get weirdly anxious when I ride escalators
>>
>>16948069
20 years old and still scared shitless when I have to walk past mirrors in the dark. I always convince myself there's something in there that isn't me, but I feel uncomfortable if I don't check to be sure there isn't. Also just scared of the dark in general. Sometimes worse than others. The ocean or other deep water scares me (I'm 5'2" so "deep" for me is quite a broad term). I always feel like something is watching me or following me, and lately I've become more and more afraid of the idea of being murdered.
>>
>>16950087
I get shit like that sometimes. Mostly for me I'll look in the mirror but won't recognize myself, and I'll feel like I'm a different person possessing a stranger's body. Fuckin sucks.
>>
File: 1448461541645641362.png (184 KB, 494x590) Image search: [Google]
1448461541645641362.png
184 KB, 494x590
>>16953576
>>16950087
Depersonalization?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization
>>
>>16948069
I am absolutely, nearly catalepsy inducingly, terrified of june bugs.
>>
>>16948069
I'm the opposite, OP. Since I was young I'd feel intense fear if my door was closed. I'm not as scared of it now, but most nights I do still keep my door open. I guess I just feel that if I close my door I'm trapping in with me whatever evil thing is lurking around in the darkness.
>>
The Grifter.
>>
File: 1412046419785.gif (2 MB, 310x174) Image search: [Google]
1412046419785.gif
2 MB, 310x174
>>16948069

Always been scared of pipes/plumbing. Don't swim or nothing or they'll get you. I watch sewer tours if I want to get spooked. Cisterns are the worst. I was sick for ten trillion years when I accidentally broke into one.

No word for fear of pipes though.
>>
File: 1412043867465.jpg (74 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1412043867465.jpg
74 KB, 960x720
>>16950426
>>
File: 1412046299332.jpg (104 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
1412046299332.jpg
104 KB, 500x339
>>16951305
>>
Worms, maggots, parasites.

I once had worms as a kid, probably from my cat. Seeing that worm in the toilet after a shit made me nauseous.

Since then I'm afriad of stuff like this crawling in your intestines and under your skin

inb4 krawling in my skiiiiin
>>
>>16953793

I always kinda liked having parasites.
>>
>>16953796
With that fear came a strange fascination I have to admit.

Like having a parasite buddy just like in the anime Parasyte.
>>
>>16953814

You're never alone with trillions of little buddies eating your excess.
>>
>>16953570
I have the same fear. Wont look a mirror tripping either.
>>
>biggest irrational fear
Ugh. Ok.
I'm really not spooked by a lot of things, but when I was a kid I had never liked the sound of fucking toilets. If it was a dark and quiet in a bathroom, or I was in a tight space with one that I knew is going to be loud and intense, I'd nope out of there as soon as I flushed. Now that I'm older it's not so bad, I can compose myself and not run away like a little girl, but it was a nightmare having random dudes watch you have an anxiety attack walking out of a stall. Fucking toilets man.
>>
>>16953693

No. I feel myself, but in someone else's body. Entirely lucid, I could feel everything normally but I felt unused to using my body, like an old suit of armor I hadn't worn in a long time.

I wonder if it has anything to do with my dreams. this weird sensation is always precedented by these odd dreams. I often have these dreams set in another world and they all connect to each other. I dream of this other world all the time and the dreams in this world are much more vivid than normal dreams and seem to last for years.
>>
>>16949554
schizofrenia
>>
>>16948069
My irrational fears are boring, and maybe not too irrational compared to some, but,
>browsing /x/ like every day
>fun shit
>wonder what I should do tomorrow
>suddenly chest pain
>Chest pain
>CHEST PAIN
>ded
The idea of an undetected heart defect killing my ass suddenly scares the fuck out of me. But I've had some tests and they were all normal. Doesn't stop a little voice from saying "They missed it." Fuck health anxiety man.
>>
When I play some 3d game, no matter how primitive the graphics (like, no difference between might and magic VI and bioshock infinite), I always have some mental and physical lockdowns whenever I fall from heights. It feels like the whole body freezes and it's painful to watch, so I usually turn away from the screen to make it a bit easier. Any thoughts about this? Never told about it to anyone.
>>
Buzzing noises like a fire alarm, door buzzer or bumble bee. I lose it. Every time. Developed fear of all insects. Cry at fire alarms. Feels bad man.
>>
File: 1454846564545646.gif (216 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1454846564545646.gif
216 KB, 500x278
>>16954509
I assume you're afraid of heights IRL?
>>
File: Camel-spider.jpg (68 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
Camel-spider.jpg
68 KB, 600x444
>>16954513
Okay, I'll ask. What happened?
>>
>>16954536
Yep. However, I've met quite a lot of people with the IRL heights problem, yet not a single one of them has this problem with video-games...

In real-life though, what I fear is not the height itself, but mostly bridges and balconies.
>>
>>16954509
I get a little spooped whenever I have to go under water in games. No matter if it's dangerous in the game or not
>>
Dams,The thought of them breaking or getting trapped in the water by machinery or falling down a spillway is too much..
>>
Ever since i can remember, i always have been afraid of sounds coming from the sky.
From the sound of planes to thunder, it just makes me really uncomfurtable.
As a child, wherever i was playing outside, I remember run in fear to my house every time I heard a plane passing by.
It just scared me to death, and it still does today...
>>
Had this nightmare I was taking a bubblebath and some dude comes in and drowns me. Now every time I take bubblebath I have a hard time relaxing enough to enjoy my suds.
>>
File: raw-chicken.jpg (44 KB, 308x400) Image search: [Google]
raw-chicken.jpg
44 KB, 308x400
>>16948069
was it just me or did all kids have a irrational fear of dead bald chicken? (raw chicken)
>>
>>16950134
Same fear
>>
>>16954857
Holy fuck you too?
>>
>>16954896
I am starting to believe every child is afraid of raw chickens whole. My father use to chase us around the apartment with one before he cooked it. My brother and I would run around screaming and crying. Thinking about it I have absolutely no idea why or how this scared me? Maybe I thought it was a live thing? I dont know but good to know I am not alone.
>>
File: feet.jpg (455 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
feet.jpg
455 KB, 3264x2448
Having my feet exposed when I'm trying to sleep. I don't really know why. It's not like hating my closet or door being slightly open and imagining someone being there if I look. I don't know why it bothers me so much, if my feet are exposed and I'm half asleep, I'll suddenly get anxious and don't feel safe if I don't cover them. It's not like I imagine someone grabbing them or something, but my heart starts pounding even if I wake up and they're exposed.
>>
>>16955004
Ughhh I hate absolutly HATE underage female feet. Look at that dirty ass mother fucking toe nail. That is disgusting you sick little bitches! Do you have irrational fear of soap? HOLY SHIT
>>
>>16954917
>My father use to chase us around the apartment with one before he cooked it.

holy fuck my sides are in orbit
But yeah. They're freaky because they're recognizable but they don't have heads. They're slimy and pale. Horrid.
Having said that I still don't really know why I personally found them "scary".
>>
>>16950084
I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE?
>>
>>16954539
Like, falling from the height? And the fact that something might not support your weight?
>>
>Mirrors
If I don't ignore my fear, I get the feeling somebody in the mirror is watching me and the reflection will move on it's own
>>
I have some mental shit that makes me think that inanimate objects are alive. If there's a photo of somebody, I think the photo is watching me.

This shit happens with drawings, and even digital images (tv, computer, whatever).

It's awful because I can never be alone in my room, cause there are so many things in my room that are "aware of me".

And it makes jacking off a fucking pain, cause I feel like some character on the side of a book is watching me.

I can't even take a shit without something in the side of a hair conditioner bottle "watch me".

I just have to turn anything that's bugging me around so I can't see it's face, or put something over it.
>>
File: 1446939835898.jpg (33 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
1446939835898.jpg
33 KB, 419x419
>>16955128
>>
Its only me and my mom. Every time she's out at night I always go through every door in the house to make sure no one is hiding. My mattress touches the floor, it helps me know that no one is under it either.
>>
>>16955128
Sounds like a severe case of animism.

When did it start?
>>
>>16953570
Same. I'm afraid of mirrors. The worst is either walking past a mirror in the dark or washing my face in the bathroom sink and knowing that the mirror is right there above my head.
>>
>>16948069
I don't have ANY fears.
>>
>>16954463
*skitzophrenia
>>
>>16955043
OCD virgin detected
>>
>>16948069
I'm scared of chinchillas.
>>
>>16953693
In my case, yep. I know for a fact I have depersonalization episodes. It's why I stopped smoking weed lol, that only made it worse.
>>
>>16955902
Sometimes I'll be washing my hands at night and for whatever reason I feel unsafe if I don't watch my reflection, and sometimes I'll even feel like I'm supposed to watch it for a while and then I get scared it'll move on its own or something. I also get really uncomfortable thinking about the way mirrors look without my reflection in them. It's almost like I can't be sure there's not something "bad" in the mirror unless I'm watching it, but by doing so I freak myself out. Anxiety is a bitch lmao
>>
>>16954537
Nothing happened specifically to me. I think it may be because of the movie 'My Girl' when the boy dies from bees, but I cannot be too sure. I also used to have dreams as a child of our house catching on fire. Which could explain the fire alarm fear...
>>
>>16953793
I have that same fear, also i feel the need to cover my ears while sleeping because im terrified of something crawling in and laying eggs
>>
This fear is probably one that most people would have if they thought about it. Sometimes when I lie in bed in the dark I consider calling out "Hello?" to see if someone responds. I have never done it. It's almost as if theres a force making me not do it because I am almost sure something will call back.
>>
Slugs
When i was about 7 i opened my window on a rainy night and fell asleep (my bed is like right next to my window) i the woke up to about 10 slugs on my cover and one crawling around my mouth there were also several others on the wall ever since i fucking hate slugs oh and sleep paralis is another fear as its happened so many times it fuckes me up
>>
>>16955043

Do you need a trigger warning?
>>
>>16953763
Why are you afraid of pipes? Afraid the pressure will burst or something?
>>
>>16959656
No it has to do with vibrations or some other such pseudo science
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>16953763
What is a cistern?
>>
>>16959664
You serious nigger?
>>
>>16948069

octopi and large underwater creatures

fuck
the
ocean
>>
my mom always tells me that a persons most irrational fear is related to how they died in their previous life
>>
whirlpools. I read 'the Watsons go to Birmingham' when I was younger and there's a scene in it where the main character almost dies via whirlpool and it's fucked with me ever since. Now if I start having nightmares there's always a whirlpool involved, there's a recurring one where I can see a whirlpool just off a cliff adjacent to a shore and I always end up getting near it somehow.
>>
I get super fucking anxious when a car goes by my house and I'm standing outside/taking out the trash. I don't know why it just makes me want to run to the back so the car can't "see" me. Literally have no idea where this fear comes from. Been that way since I remember.
>>
File: d63.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
d63.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>16948069
Thinking that the universe could end at any moment, erasing everything that ever existed instantly.

To elaborate, one of my worst fears is dying without being remembered, just a forgotten memory that nobody ever cared about.

Too bad I'm living a life that will lead me down this path.
>>
>>16948069
Humanoids with crow-masks/faces. I think I dreamt of it when I was little. I can even to this day remember the two of them, I remember that I named one of them "Tolaik". My memory is of them being outside, but somehow I was afraid of them only in dark basements.

I grew out of it though.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.