[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alchemy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: An-Alchemist-in-his-Laboratory.jpg (44 KB, 406x500) Image search: [Google]
An-Alchemist-in-his-Laboratory.jpg
44 KB, 406x500
Been downloading some books on Alchemy, I've touched on Hermetics before, but was hoping I can get some book suggestions, or any anons versed in alchemy to expand my knowledge on the subject.
>>
File: alchemical process.png (3 KB, 161x161) Image search: [Google]
alchemical process.png
3 KB, 161x161
this is a variation on the alchemy symbol and formula for "red matter" based on kabbalic interpretations

Kabbala sefirot - draw them, hand articulation
Buddhist Mandalas - look at them, depth to value, protection of acquired materia
Rosy Cross - Contemplate it, aesthetic index for the relations of christ like phenomena
Tarot cards - Lottery Machine, randomness index
Christ Pantocrator- Utilized for "western" standards
Vajrasattva- Utilized for "eastern" standards
>>
>>16948032
So, the kabbalic alchemy is much more technical, and materialistic than the other, I guess? As in, less meditations, more studying and getting things right
>>
Reading up on Alchemy is a lot of fun

It's really interesting to see how the ancients interpreting the chemical make up of the world around us.. and then to see how it evolved into what we now call Chemistry
>>
>>16947981
I am trying to get an english version of Hermetic Symbolism from Oswald Wirth, it deals with deep philosophical ideas and symbolism.

Another I would recommend is The Book of Aquarius which had impact on the community of alchemist nowadays.
>>
>>16947981
It's impossible (according to lure) unless the secret people give the the secret element .
>>
>>16949063
What you mean? That thing on secret people sounds victorian, are you basing your opinion over theosophy?
>>
The hermetic tradition by Julius Evola.
>>
Don't just look at Western alchemy, see if you can find some Taoist stuff as well. It's pretty enlightening.
>>
But do you think its possible to get you and your brother's bodies back?
>>
>>16947981
Alchemy isn't real. No matter what the Chinese cartoons tell you, you can't turn any old metal to gold with enough "practice". Its called science, there's a reason alchemy is laughed at nowadays
>>
>>16954496

Hahaha get a load of this novice. He doesn't even realize that turning lead into gold is a metaphor for the purification and perfection of man.

Absolutely embarassing.
>>
its not real its been replaced by chemistry
go to school.
>>
>>16954543

Hey look, another imbecile who thinks alchemy is about physically transforming lead into gold rather than perfecting the imperfect human form.

Boy, I feel sorry for you woefully uninformed retards.
>>
Has anybody in recent times ever actually created a Philospher's Stone?
>>
>>16954567
>perfecting the imperfect
What an ugly philosophy.

What's wrong with imperfect?
>>
>>16955423
What's wrong with the imperfect? Idk maybe war, poverty, starvation, homelessness, oppression, suffering, etc.
>>
>>16954567
>Believes anything imperfect can suddenly be made perfect
>>
Frater Albertus's works are the best
>>
>>16954644
Yes
No I'm not revialing how to
Why not I hear you ask because it took me years to translate a riddle then figure out the riddle then longer to make it.
>>
>>16954644
Nicholas Flamel made one in harry potter
>>
>>16954567

The grand gold and irony is the description of alchemy is the most alchemical phrase in the world!
>>
>>16955423
>perfect
>ugly
Yeah let's not just improve ourselves, ever. What's the point of enlightened discussion in a thread about personal discovery?
fucking 2/10 made me reply
>>
>>16955539
joke's on you, perfection is imperfection.
>>
File: tardre.jpg (12 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
tardre.jpg
12 KB, 300x225
>>16954496
This is a joke, right?
>>
>>16954567
>perfecting the imperfect human form

So how's that working out for you? Have any of you managed to "become God" yet? You won't get old and die, you won't ever get sick? You can create your own universe or create life?

Grow the fuck up. The only "Secret" of the groups who claim to hold the Philosophers Stone, or Lost Word, or Osiris' penis or whatever symbol you like, is the secret of controlling people by using a make believe secret as a carrot on a stick.
>>
>>16956511
Bill Cooper lives?
>>
>>16956597

Underrated
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.