[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get rid of my imaginary friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 11
>Be six year old me
>Always had at least one imaginary friend
>Be near the end of my teens
>Wants to get rid of them
>My first (and best) imaginary friend refuses to leave
>Tried to get him out of my head
>Failed
>Tried to say goodbye to each other
>Failed
>Tried to put all of my imaginary friends in a box and have an imaginary guard watch over it.
>Success (almost)
>Best imaginary friend, let's call him "JIM", won't leave my head.
>Tried getting my imaginary enemies to get rid of him
>Failed
Tried creating imaginary barriers around my house and myself
>Success (almost)
>Jim can still talk to me, but can't go near me.
I'm outta options, /x/. I'm not a religious Anon, nor do I wanna be? How do I get rid of JIM?
Anymore info, just ask.
>>
why would you want to get rid of JIM
he seems like a great guy
he didnt leave you like the others did
and after all your effort to make him go, hes still there
you two should talk
>>
>>16947717
We tried. Last Thursday, we got into an argument over an incident that occured. He wanted me to talk to someone for help. After a while I thought that maybe I should institutionalize myself and he just started bawling and telling me to not do it because he didn't want me to go again. I asked him what in the world he was talking about and in response, he just disappears. My mind was blank from his thoughts (we share our minds together). I tried calling him out, only to be met with silence. It was the first time I felt truly alone. I later asked a friend what to do, she told me that she didn't trust him and that I should get rid of him. My dad agreed with her as well. And here we are.
>>
>>16947741
PS, I don't wanna talk about the incident. So don't ask.
>>
JIM lost his vocal chords in a tragic motorcycle accident. There now he can't speak to you. Just imagine that.
>>
>>16947766
Now I feel bad.
>>
>>16947766
Also, nice dub-dubs.
>>
>>16947702
Stop imagining them.
>>
>>16947818
Kinda hard when JIM uses my mind to think, and my voice to speak.

I should've mentioned that earlier...

Ever since I first had an imaginary friend, I could never actually see him or talk to him like other kids with imaginary friends could. To fix this issue, I gave him and any subsequent imaginary friends access to my mind to speak through me so that I could talk with them and others could hear what they had to say.
>>
>>16947844
SCHIZO!!
>>
Are you Rping someone with multiple personality disorder in the effort to make a popular thread, in turn creating a sense of achievement that you would not receive from people outside of /x/ because most people here are mad bastards?
>>
>>16947844
>I gave him and any subsequent imaginary friends access to my mind to speak through me
>and any subsequent imaginary friends
Now where have I heard that one before...

Take their access away.
>>
>>16947861
Oh, please. I'm not THAT retarded.

>>16947863
How?
>>
>>16947854
Rude. But not likely. I did get rid of him years ago. But I became depressed afterwards. Eventually, I got him back. But now I don't remember how to get rid of him. Plus, I don't think that I won't get depressed anymore.
>>
>>16947892
*will get depressed
>>
>>16947741
anon, im here with you again, sorry
what matters the most here is: do YOU trust him?
>>
Drink dog blood
>>
>>16947876
If you gave them access, you can take it away. Do so by caring to do so.
>>
Give Jim access to make his own friends, so he has others.
Or at least try.
>>
>>16947702
Your suffering from a mental problem. Please see a physician.
>>
>>16947854
this. OP, if you are having thoughts in your head that's one thing... but if those thoughts manifest into actions then there's a real issue. You need to get checked out because it could turn to a crazy situation. Things may turn violent, and could hurt someone, or yourself. So do everyone the favor and get on some meds, it's probably be an easy fix.
>>
>>16948108
Never do this.
>>
>>16948199
Nah do it trust me
>>
>>16948026
...He's my best friend.
>>16948102
I tried on numerous occasions. It works, but their thoughts (especially JIM's) still linger.
>>
>>16948199
The dubs have spoken.
>>
>>16948108
If you give JIM access to make his own best friend, he can do it, then he wont need to pester you any longer.
Or (and this is more serious advice) you could try describing to him the fact that he's bringing you mental distress, and that if he really was your friend, he wouldn't be doing this.
>>
>>16948207
why do you want to get rid of him
has he done anything to upset you
>>
>>16947702
Disregard that guys. I suck massive cocks.
>>
>>16948232
Did not consider that.
>>16948241
He abandoned me. He never did that before.
>>16948242
Nice try. You're trying to make this seem like JIM did this and not me; thus making it seem 3spooky5me.
>>
>>16948263
no I think hes just trying to make you look like most op's do
>>
You're either roleplaying or mentally ill pick one and roll with it
>>
>>16948263
and now youre the one whos abandoning him, way to go
hes there to help you and keep you company, hes the one who got you out of depression
>>
>>16948292
Why not both
>>
>>16948297
Even if he kept saying that he'll have to leave me one day so that I can think for myself?
>>
>>16948263
??? He abandoned YOU? Didn't you say that you were trying to get rid of them all?
First of all, if he abandoned you, then he's gone already, problem solved.
Second of all, didn't you say you were trying to leave him? How does him leaving you mean he's the one in the wrong then?
>>
>>16948311
My friend and dad don't trust him. Maybe it is for best. Even he kept saying that I should and even offer to leave just the other day... only to return 20 minutes later and forgot that he wanted to leave me.
>>
You're either rping or legit mentally Ill. Seek help
>>
Get some scitsophrenia medicine bro your going crazy.
>>
I also kinda like to suck their dicks.
>>
>>16948374
Nice try.
>>
>>16948540
Trip for the thread OP, so you can be recognized
>>
>>16948540
Please don't respond to your own posts, thanks.
>>
Serious advice, Google tulpa, and specifically how to get rid of one.

They are imagined people Tibetan monks make to help them with their meditation practice. They then dismiss them easily after they no longer need them.

People on here mostly talk about making one of a hot girl they can drool over. So you can also do a search "tulpa 4chan x" to find links to resources about tulpas. And specifically how to best get rid of one the nicest way possible.
>>
>>16948540
Nice try
>>
>>16948862
Calling something conscious is a terrible way to stop imagining it.
>>
>>16947702
It doesn't matter even if you get tid of them anon they will be back one day just to haunt you and make you bleeeeeed
>>
>>16948924
Good point. OP, are you at all experienced in the occult? Since this is /x/, I'm assuming you at least have a mild interest in it. I'd recommend just treating it like an egregore and getting rid of it that way.
>>
>>16948924
Oh my little fairy queen!
How would you feel if I rip it out your precious little wings?
>>
>>16948263
Ah op you are such a selfish prick!
It's no wonder Jimmy once told me he wants to break your fucking skull with a fucking brick!
>>
>>16948994
Generally terrible, as usual.
>>
OP you are either going through the multiple personality disorder, or somehow you created enough energy to from a tulpa (highly unlikely), or just doing this for attention
>>
File: WendigoIdleAnim.gif (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
WendigoIdleAnim.gif
60 KB, 500x500
>>16947702

Don't get rid of them, OP.

Accept them. This is my friend. Or, at least, some pixel art I made of him. He tells me secrets about people. I love his funny voices! He can sound just like anyone else.

Having an imaginary friend is nothing to worry about OP.
>>
>>16949081

Skinwalker Internet Defense Force pls go and stay go
>>
I used to have an imaginary friend.
I eventually stopped being able to visualize him.
A psychic told me I had been talking to an actual ghost, and lost the "vision" as I grew older.
Which is cool, because FUCK seeing ghosts all the time.
>>
Hey, guys. Just came back from doing hw. Wow. I don't know who to respond first.
>>
>>16948862
Assuming that JIM is a tulpa, could there be a chance that I could make sure that he cannot harm me or others as opposed to getting rid of him?
>>16949022
I'm not being a selfish prick, I'm being scared. Also, how can you even talk to him.
>>16949081
Is he friendly?
>>16949147
I was only able to talk to my aunt after she died once. I had to go through a near-death experience. Consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>16949340 not him, but...

Im gonna guess that's not fugging apricot jelly dripping from his claws and answer you with a hearty NO
>>
>>16949081
>>16949392
>>16949340

Sorry, meant to reply to both OP and WIDF
>>
>>16949392
You're right: it's probably strawberry.

Jokes, aside. Should I ignore my friend's/father's request to remove JIM and keep him? Or should I finish what I started? Either way, I will be seeing a psychologist soon enough.
>>
My dads named Jim anon
He is dead
>>
>>16949444
checkd
Seriously though, if you're seeing psychologist, don't ask us, we're not experts, they are. Don't let US sway you (except maybe listen to >>16948108 )
>>
>>16949444
why do you tell all your family about your imaginary friend?
>>
>>16949482
Because of the incident, and the fact that JIM disappeared, I was so scared that I had to tell someone.
>>
>>16947702
Who u gonna call?
>MIB
>>
OP you gotta eat him.
>>
We'll continue this tomorrow. Night, /x/.
>>
>>16949081
Skinwalker thinks it's people. Cute.
>>
>>16947702
Go to a psych ward you fucking schizo
/thread
>>
>>16947741
If the "incident" was JIM using your body and mouth to do shit, seek help, he is not your friend, i have one and i would never let him take over. He is NOT real, he is a representation of your subconsious, you need to get rid of him by going to a professional, or just by finding inner peace, deleting the bad thoughts of your subconsious. Look, i have one of this "friends", i also don't see him, he talked a lot of shit when i was younger, bad shit, and i learned to cope, i was afraid that he might do something, i knew he was just me, and i made a decision, i channeled all the bad thought in my subconcious, him, to me, now i have the bad stuff and i control it, because i know he can't, he doesn't care about the norms and the outside, but i do
>>
Let JIM in. JIM will make all your pain go away.

Let him in.
>>
>>16947702
why don't you try and "kill" him, I mean that's kinda evil but I don't know if you have another choice,

>image gun
>*bang*
>"so long Jim"

I hope you don't find me to evil
>>
>>16950141
Ok that's a bit evil of me to suggest that but, if you truly want to get read of him that may be a great way, but there may be some consequents
>>
Just use your mind and conjure up Bloody Marry and have the crazy bitch kill this JIM. If that don't work expel JIM by using a pentagram and blood to go along with it. Easy.
>>
File: 1442015410198.jpg (15 KB, 336x254) Image search: [Google]
1442015410198.jpg
15 KB, 336x254
>>16949828
Nightnight but I wanna kno what the incident was
>>
Op was taken by JIM
>>
>>16947766
What the fuck op? You're talking to yourself m8. There is no jim now kill yourself faget
>>
>>16948310
he wont leave
he will become one with you
after all, hes inside your head
>>
>>16947702
kill yourself fgt
>>
>>16947741
Try to rap with this, sounds good (horrorcore beat tho).
>>
If he has done you no wrong, then there's nothing to worry about. Simple as that. If he has, then you either talk to him and establish boundaries of what is and isn't okay (since he is in your head with you), or you tell your psychologist that you want to get rid of him. But if he does you no harm, there's no reason to kick him out or try and get rid of him. It's more difficult than you might think, even with medication.
>>
>>16947702
A professional psychologist might be of use to you.
>>
>>16950141
The problem with this plan is JIM is basically inside OP so he'd have to shoot himself like that scene in Fight Club, to the OP all of this is very very real.
>>
Rip off clothes, masturbate furiously.
>>
File: 1441577738965.jpg (70 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
1441577738965.jpg
70 KB, 500x562
OP I know it's propably not you but have you ever told anyone about this but called your imaginary friend Gabriel?
I knew a girl with similiar situation but she suddenly cut all contact with me, I know it's propably not you but it's always worth to ask.
>>
Hey, guys, I'm back. Thanks for keeping it alive while I was gone.
>>16950109
While I'd rather not talk about the incident, I can definitely say that it had nothing to with JIM. If anything, he tried to calm me down.
>>16950141
If I didn't even want to take >>16947766's suggestion, then I definitely don't wanna kill him. Is there a way to transfer him to a child?
>>16952098
I kinda wanna try that now. Maybe someday.
>>16952111
This seems like the most well thought out and reasonable response I could've gotten... What are you doing wasting your life on 4Chan?
>>16952153
Working on it.
>>16952235
Dude! [spoilers]Spoilers![/spoilers]
>>16952489
I have. Apparently, my dad forgot that he existed.
>>
File: 1441572263075.gif (865 KB, 370x281) Image search: [Google]
1441572263075.gif
865 KB, 370x281
>>16952489
>>16952690
I'm curious now, what's your name OP?
>>
>>16952730
Anonymous. Obviously. & I'd like to keep it that way.
>>
>>16952489
r u from NC?
knew someone like this too, i think she named him gabriel but im not sure
she said she was his guardian angel and had golden hair and green eyes ROFL
>>
>>16952738
2 first letters of your name then?
Country maybe?
>>
>>16952742
Oh, no, his name isn't Gabriel.
>>16952753
Why don't you do that if you think that you might know me?
>>
File: 5064-3-21.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
5064-3-21.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
have you tried wishing him away?
>>
File: humanity-phantom.jpg (8 KB, 300x368) Image search: [Google]
humanity-phantom.jpg
8 KB, 300x368
>>16952757
Beacuse if I would say the name you could just pretend to be that person.
Anyway
>>16952742
I'm from poland, grill with imaginary friend was called Dominika, as I said it was pretty unlikely it was you OP but it's always worth asking.
Btw. She described him looking like pic related (closest thing that comes go my mind)
>>
>>16952777
I ain't from Poland, sorry. I don't remember what JIM looked like, so I go by what Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends depicted him as and made some modifications that I thought he would like more.
>>
pray, you would be surprised.
>>
File: gotz2catchemall.jpg (17 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
gotz2catchemall.jpg
17 KB, 800x400
>>16952777
>2 first letters of your name
OP :^)
>>
watch drop dead fred, it is about this, you might get some tips from it
imdb.com/title/tt0101775/
>>
>>16947702
Just accept them, they're apart of who you are.
I tried to get one out of my head but it never went away, so I like to talk to it alone sometimes.
Holy shit explaining this makes me seem like a maniac or something.
>>
>>16952859
Why'd you think I came to you guys? I figured if anyone could know (while simultaneously keeping a thread alive for over two hours), then who better than /x/?
>>
>>16947702
Why do you want to get rid of me?
>>
>>16953182
Because she is a fucking teenager.
She doesn't need you
>>
>>16952690
I'm >>16952111
What am I doing on 4chan? To be one of the guys that gives some decent advice since watching the world burn doesn't interest me. I also have some experience with thoughtforms. Some are malevolent, some are not. Some are more permanent than others. Jim seems like he isn't going anywhere, and if he isn't harming you then why wish him away? No matter what anybody says, it's your head either way, even if he's in there with you. So ultimately he will likely reflect your unconscious desires, and isn't going to just one day turn evil. You can also think of it as if you two share the same brain, so together your thoughts will be combined as a whole. Chances are you two have some similar interests, similar opinions, etc. My suggestion would be to talk to Jim and see what he thinks about being around and his existence. Ask him how he feels about being a product of the mind, and how he feels about sticking around for a while or dissipating through the use of medication of therapy. See how he feels about it and that might help some things out.
>>
>>16947702
Why do you want to get rid of him? I think this is an important question.

You're trying to kill him, think of it from his perspective. You should be proud he's so strong if he isn't malevolent.
>>
>>16953451
I'll try this. In the meantime, g'night.
>>
The problem, as you have admitted, is you don't want to get rid of JIM. Others want you too, and maybe it's a good idea, but you don't want to.

As long as you don't want to, you won't. Nothing anyone says to that aim will help. The only advice you listen too is someone telling you not to get rid of JIM.

If you are not ready to leave JIM then there is something that you are still using JIM to help you cope with. Deal with that issue, and you'll see some progress with the JIM conundrum.
>>
>>16955270
Yes, good. Keep learning to fix your own problems.

Or more precisely, to fix the problems your entire collective doesn't know that it causes yet.
>>
File: 1445897799139.jpg (33 KB, 600x564) Image search: [Google]
1445897799139.jpg
33 KB, 600x564
TELL ME ABOUT THE INCIDENT RIGHT NOW op!!!!!!
>>
>>16947702

You have to kiss him and say "drop dead, Fred"
>>
File: 305-gun-to-head.jpg (49 KB, 456x284) Image search: [Google]
305-gun-to-head.jpg
49 KB, 456x284
>>16956352
You can't tell me what to do!
>>
>>16947702
Imaginary friends feed on faith to live, and although he doesn't sound like a usual example of this, since he isn't feeding off or even attempting to induce fear (a very strong form of faith), I'm sure he was still created just like any other imaginary friend. Getting rid of him is pretty simple, you just have to completely deny him faith. When he talks to you, you say "I don't believe in imaginary friends," even though you know you do, it's the concept of not giving him your faith that'll do it. Painful as it may be, you have to ignore him, don't use his name, if you think about him then distract yourself, and when he talks to you, you just say that you don't believe in imaginary friends and go about your day. Pretty sure he'll be gone in a few days, especially if he's already a weaker form of what he was before you got rid of him the first time. And if he actually has brought more negativity into your life than you're letting on, then you don't have to feel bad about making him disappear. His intentions could be pretty nasty.
>>
>>16958821
It's not that he's bad, if anything, he's helped me be a better person. What I didn't like was the fact that when I considered going to a psy-ward after the incident, he started crying telling me not to go.

I just remembered something about that event. When I asked him what he was talking about, he didn't disappear at first. He just started bawling telling me that he didn't want to lose me again. I asked him to explain himself, but he wouldn't do so. So then I threatened him that I would personally send myself there if he didn't explain. It was then that he disappeared.
>>
I've got to do some things, but I'm gonna try to communicate via my phone this time.
>>
Lurking :)
>>
Ever think that you actually have telepathy and your imaginary friend is actually a real being thats messing with you? because thats the truth
>>
>>16959354
Are you mocking me? If not, I always had a feeling that I might have powers. But that's a thread for another day.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.