[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God tier horror movies thread Fourth kind Pic not related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151107_115755.jpg (790 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151107_115755.jpg
790 KB, 2560x1440
God tier horror movies thread
Fourth kind
Pic not related
>>
Just saw Crimson Peak and was actually impressed. They got a few jumps out of me. Not sure if its "God-Tier" but it's DEFINITELY worth seeing
>>
>>16947552
it's not even a horror it's a thriller
>>
>>16947564
IMBD says its a horror but not a thriller
>>
>>16947567
it fits the definition of both and if so it does bad as a horror film
>>
>>16947583
nah it did fine
>>
>>16947564
your mom's a thriller
>>
>>16947564

Thriller is literally the same thing, the term was invented by the motion picture academy because they thought "horror" was too low brow
>>
>>16946648
>Pic unrelated
Fixed for free.

That pic gives me a WONDERFUL idea.
>>
File: Ju-on.jpg (14 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
Ju-on.jpg
14 KB, 214x317
yes/no /x/?

I liked it. don't know if it's god-tier but worth watching
>>
I still think Thriller is a great record. Vincent Price rapping still ices my cake, too.
>>
Holy Fuck I loved The Fourth Kind
>>
>>16947653
sure I liked it
>>
>>16947617
>That pic gives me a WONDERFUL idea.

Do share
>>
>>16947653
Definitely God-tier.
>>
>>16947653
I'm not good at deciding if a film is God-tier or not but I remember seeing this for the first time as a kid and it did a damn good job at being unsettling. I haven't been able to find a horror movie since that would have the same impact on me. Though that's probably because I grew up and not much really scares me anymore.
>>
>>16951445
What's left after a camera's flash?
>>
Is the fourth kind real? I'm a beliber
>>
>>16953129
Yes. Everything mentioned on /x/ is 100% real.
>>
>>16953597
>"Everything mentioned on /x/ is 100% real"

ha, you made my day mr.
>>
Thirst (2009)
>>
Noroi
>>
>>16946648
Woman in black (mainly the first one, second one was alright)
It Follows
Let the right one in (Original)
Drag me to hell (Could just be me cuz i was 13 watching it but i kinda liked the jumpscares)
La Casa Muda
The Saw series
The Unborn
THe Uninvited
Sinister
>>16947552
Crimson Peak was awsome, not as a horror movie but as a movie as whole. Awsome acting, story and great visuals! Not that scary tho but the movie had it charm.
>>
>>16954439
Is it true they didn't have open caskets or proper funerals when the victim died of black Cholera?

Also
>Not jumping even just a little at the closet door in the hallway scene where skelington is holding the door shut
are you even human?
>>
>>16954439
Del Toro is an amazing director. He really knows what he's doing.
>>
>>16954439
>It follows
Just saw this because I saw a lot of people talk about this everywhere. What a pile of shit. Awesome photography but seriously everything else is beyond horrible.
>>
>>16954439
Crimson Peak was definitely a great mystery too. I mean much of it was predictable but I enjoyed it.

It kinda falls in that genre that The Sixth Sense falls into. Not really meant to be scary but the horror scenes are added to enhance the mystery. I mean what good horror movie is out there that wasn't a good mystery too?
>>
>>16954439
>>16955409
Tom Hiddleston is the shit. He doesn't get as much attention as he should and he's played way better roles than Loki. He did a damn good job in Crimson Peak
>>
>>16947564
>>16947567
>>16947598
>>16948960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA
This actually scared the fuck out of me as a kid.

A thriller is designed to hold your interest, adventure and suspense... both film techniques are similar in that way, but a horror is full of repulsive and horrible acts in an attempt to give the audience members nightmares.
>>
>>16953120
Barry allen of course.
Or wally west
Or jay garrik
Or garth allen
>>
Incident in lake county
Event horizon
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.