[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dowsing Tips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: dowsing.jpg (58 KB, 619x435) Image search: [Google]
dowsing.jpg
58 KB, 619x435
So here's a story;

>be skeptical about dowsing
>friend is interested in paranormal
>am working with this one guy to build radios (it's a hobby)
>ask him which gauge of wire is used as telephone grounds, say it's because friend wants to make Dowsing Rods
>he tells me he's been dowsing for 40 years, lends me his old rods because copper wire won't work well
>takes me through the yard, I was able to find 2 buried cables and an empty water pipe without knowing where they were first

It was actually a really interesting experience, especially with such a scientific guy. The dude who taught me was an electrical engineer in the military and worked for the FCC and as a professor for a while, but used them regularly to find powerlines and pipes.

Any tips or cool info for someone who literally started an hour ago?
>>
>>16943563
I happen to have a begginers book on my hand right now, so let me know if you want anything in specific.
The book is "El poder del péndulo" by editorial Nostica, I don't think you can find it in english.

Here are "laws" (more like musts) regarding the pendulum:

1- Work only in optimal health conditions (body and mind)

2- Always work on the same environment and conditions (light, time shedules, room, etc)

3- Don't attempt to influence on the result. If you feel that you are suggesting yourself, you must always verify the obtained results

4- Dowsing consists on observing before interpreting

5- Interpret (the results) by saying "I feel" and not "I state that..."

6- If you establish beforehand that the pendulum or rod will make X or Y movement, it is better to postpone the working for another opportunity. Avoid at all costs auto suggestion.

7- Avoid electric inductions, avoid working on unfavorable environment conditions, do not work on storm days.

8- If you have an instrument that works for you, do not lend it because it's impregnated with your vibrations. If you lend it, it must be cleansed with water to eliminate vibrations from another person.

9- Dowsing must posses 2 indispensable qualities: prudence and modesty

10- Wish intensely (the book says "good", in the sense of making it with the intention, wanting it to happen) what you are looking for, but mantaining absolute passivity regarding the movements of the pendulum and the rod.
>>
This shit actually works somehow. People where i live are still digging wells using it.

I might give it a shot next spring so keep any tips coming.
>>
>>16943853
Guy who drilled my last well dowsed for the location. He used ell-shaped coathangers with loose plastic tubing on the handles. The "x is bad luck" thing must not work around here because that was his positive signal. He did say that specificity is key for dowsers, in that the rods will only respond to exactly what you're looking for.
>>
>>16943853
>>16943956
How is it working ffs??? I NEED SCIENCE!!
I am engineer , i cant go with the flow that it JUST happens... Please someone , my world is crumbling
>>
>>169441

Everything is energy. Humans are among the few creatures on the planet that can manipulate that energy to varying modest degrees by willing/wanting/wishing. I imagine by holding the dowsing rods and wanting for water we increase our receptiveness of its locations. We increase our energetic potential and create connections to the thing we seek. It's very scientifical.
>>
>>16944123

See >>16944233

Don't know how that got messed up.
>>
>>16944123
The astral plane has a "different logic" than the physical one, so you won't get the explanation you are looking for.
>>
>>16944123
No one knows. It's like that thing where you know someone's in a dark room with you and maybe whether or not they're smiling. Or deja vu, or knowing who's calling on the phone before you answer or check the caller id. Sometimes weird shit just happens.
>>
>>16944251

Deja Vu is caused by the brain commiting images to short term memory before telling us we saw them.
>>
>>16943563
I made divining rods out of a wire coat hanger once and i could find anything hidden with them. I just used one of them and it took me straight to an old set of long lost keys buried about 3 inches in the dirt. Also had a friend hide a football around the house and it led me straight to it every time.
>>
>>16944123
You just have to accept science can't explain everything, yet at least. While science keeps it's head down focusing on single dots it will never be able to connect the big picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzcx59JPLWc
>>
>>16944375
This.
It's like the ant that doesn't realize that is walking on a log.
>>
>>16944123
Perhaps people are picking up extremely subtle clues in the environment and translating that it into unconscious muslc movement (like in ouija).
>>
Two of the things I found were an empty water pipe that went from the house to the septic tank and a long wire antenna. The guy who was teaching me said that people usually think of Dowsing Rods finding water and live electrical wires, but they find anything that's been disturbed. I wasn't expecting anything from the antenna because it doesn't exactly have electricity flowing through it.

The same guy who taught me is sort of a jack of all trades. Apart from working as an electrical engineer, he's also a veterinarian. I asked him exactly why he thought it worked, he said he used to work with pigeons and learned about how they could navigate with small magnetic particles in their brains, which was actually proven after people theorized about it. He said people have senses for nature that they mostly ignore, "But don't ask me to explain it using Ohm's Law." lol
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.