[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else determined that 2015 has been the absolute worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11
File: EcoFwin.png (535 KB, 483x600) Image search: [Google]
EcoFwin.png
535 KB, 483x600
Has anyone else determined that 2015 has been the absolute worst year for you?
>>
Go cry to /r9k/
>>
>has been the absolute worst year for you?

you're setting yourself up for some hard shit saying things like that senpai
>>
>>16942034

No there's something paranormal going on. Nearly everyone I know has had a shitty 2015 in some capacity.

>>16942068

Explain.
>>
>>16942001
I'm gonna guess
>male
>teen
>sexually frustrated
>few options for a future
>akwardly introspective
>realized ur not a speshul snowflayk
>social skills are underdeveloped
Am I close OP? It's okay. Harden the fuck up and aquire agency. Then, live life and be thankful that you aren't the person you used to be.
>>
>>16942094
You can see into my mind?!
>>
File: 1442154599016.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1442154599016.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
>>16942085

Explain what. Murphy's Law?

By proclaiming "this has been the absolute worst year for me" you're actually triggering the semantic and semiotic mechanisms for the Universe to prove you wrong.

This has been discussed to death by Gurdjieff and Buddhists and etcetera and then morphed in the New Age doctrine of Law of Attraction.

You're basically serving the Enthropy and advance notice that says "i'm trapped in dualistic thinking and attachments, and i wanna get my shit all fucked up some more".

Lucid enough for you? Life and Creation is a not a movie with you as the lead hero, get your shit together.
>>
>>16942102

>Law of Attraction

Sounds like bullshit.
>>
Grandpa died Mom died dad died my dog died lost my job gf left me for a nigger. Better luck next year I suppose
>>
>>16942103

It's just repackaged, feelgood wishy washy version of Natural Law, which is real and hard as fuck.
>>
Every suffering is a seed for enlightment, senpai, it's high time you adopt a rigorous tantric or yogic discipline.

Also, hit the gym or start working out at home.
>>
2013 was the best year for me because everything was falling into place. 2014 was the worst because I became an alcoholic. 2015 has been uneventful and I'm becoming apathetic
>>
>>16942001
The past month has sucked dick, but other than I've had worse.
>>
>2014
>Great new job
>wonderful side gig reviewing music events (getting into about 2-3 amazing concerts a week for free)
>Living in a cool place
>meeting a lot of women, going on a lot of dates, only laid a few times but that's cool, better than nothing.
>2015
>New job ends abruptly, project was cancelled, unemployed by February.
>Cannot find new employment.
>outlet I was covering events for ends event coverage to cover "small scale cultural events" as they decided to become a radically progressive publication which focused on minority events
>One ray of hope in a job out of state
>car goes out, cannot afford to fix it AND move.

At least I started grad school but this year has been fucking abysmal, especially on the back of how amazing '14 was for me. Just gotta keep moving, though. All a person can do.
>>
>>16942001
Hell no. There is one year where i was nearly killed in a car accident, and that led to 2 where i was going through surgeries and physio. And that's just the worst physical pain. I won't waste everyones time with the psychological shit i've been through.

2015 was a year of much positive change for me. I shall think back on it more fondly than any of the other years after 2000.
>>
>>16942099
No. It's just the template for the end result of our soulless, narcissistic society. Manhood is a thing. Embrace it and practice it. Pretty soon it will come naturally.
>>
>>16942001

>dad got cancer
>mom lost job
>i went completely nocturnal from boredom and stress
>the emptiness of the night matches the emptiness inside

This is the long night of my soul.
>>
yeah most definitely
>got cukc'd
>gained weight
>began balding
>failed to get a job in nearly a year
>mom stopped doing my laundry
>developed severe anger issues
>less income so now i starve more
>dropped laptop and broke harddrive, lost all pics
>only talent withered away
enough blogging. so what conspiracy you getting at OP?
>>
>>16942166
>gained weight
>failed to get a job in nearly a year
>mom stopped doing my laundry
>dropped laptop and broke harddrive, lost all pics

Because that's totally "luck's" fault and not yours.
Fat lazy fuck.
>>
File: how to make your life robust.jpg (72 KB, 952x538) Image search: [Google]
how to make your life robust.jpg
72 KB, 952x538
Stop jerking off
Stop smoking weed
Lift weights
Don't play vidya, instead read and walk a lot
>>
>>16942173
kill yourself you poor shitskin. america kicked your country's ass
>>
File: 1399828661143.jpg (32 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1399828661143.jpg
32 KB, 323x323
>>16942141
>boredom and stress
>>
>>16942197
?
>>
>>16942203
You can't be both at the same time. What you're calling boredom is probably you not having anything to try and escape to.
>>
>>16942210
Stop escaping and do something about the stuff you're stressing over.
>>
>>16942001
Yes. Fucking yes.

Failed my education.

Aunt passed away because of cancer + a heavy cold.

First time my bank account almost got in red.

Fucking sandniggers started invading yurop more and more, actually thinking about migrating to cuntry.

Oh and I didn't score with two different hot chicks last night, goddamn it.

Well atleast i'm enjoying myself a huge bowl of soup.
>>
>>16942210
>You can't be both at the same time

Wrong.
>>
>>16942102
>Life is a not a movie with you as the lead
>your thoughts can affect reality

choose1
>>
>>16942001
I went from virgin to 4 this year so nah. Have a sweet ass girlfriend for the first time in my life. Made tons of new friends. Been partying hella. Don't feel lonely or sad anymore. Might want to get you schizoid Incheck breh
>>
>>16942085
>No there's something paranormal going on. Nearly everyone I know has had a shitty 2015 in some capacity.

oh gee well yeah, if everybody you know is bummed out then that proves that hitler's ghost is shitting in your auras
>>
>>16942229

They can affect your synchronitic mechanism because you're the subject family come on we're on the RAW board
>>
File: alanwatts.jpg (22 KB, 212x254) Image search: [Google]
alanwatts.jpg
22 KB, 212x254
Maybe this will help somewhat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc50qOxdn5s
>>
File: Robert_K_Merton.jpg (21 KB, 285x400) Image search: [Google]
Robert_K_Merton.jpg
21 KB, 285x400
This is entirely expected and is actually a good thing. Cultural trends are pushing fundamental problems with society to the forefront, and the result is an epidemic of depression and anxiety. The good news is that this is the result of the collective unconscious' immune system hard at work.

The mentioned fundamental problems will reach and engulf the mainstream, having formerly been denied, suppressed, or ignored due to self-preserving cultural trends not "wanting" to die out, urging a collective call to action. Real problem solving will begin and real change will take place, and it will look nothing like the farce of the political spectacle we have now. Almost everyone will cooperate and partake in it, and anyone who tries to engage in petty politicking will be disregarded.

In the end humanity will be far better off than it has ever been, and will be out of its childhood.

TL;DR nothing spooky going on except cultural forces and structures, which are spooky in their own way as they can act almost as if they are organisms, either parasitic or symbiotic, replicating from host to host. Time to update our antivirus.
>>
Yes op.
>>
>>16942242
robert anton wilson is a nigger

plus you misunderstood reality tunnels
>>
>>16942110
Yeah, and let those satanic devils continue to craft their devilry?

No thanks
>pic related
>>
>>16942001
This has actually been the best year of my life
>>
The first couple months were meh, but the rest of it has been good so far. Might be the first time I end a year happy. I'd say this was probably one of my better years. Can't wait to see what happens next year.
>>
Dumped twice, got a girl pregnant that then miscarried (that part was a good thing), had a friend fake her death to get out of talking to me, caught the clap, and dated the most toxic person I've ever met. There will be worse years, i know there will be, I'm young, but it was still a shit year, and kind of hilarious to think that i thought last year was shit, considering the jokes were about me being a virgin, not about me catching an STI.
>>
>>16942001
Worst year so far*

It can always get worse OP ; )
>>
>>16942001
Yup
>>
Mines been pretty awesome.
>>
Every year gets worse but I'm not going to push my luck. As long as I'm ambivalent, maybe the universe won't punish my hubris.
>>
>>16942001
Nope best year so far, 2016 will be even better trust me
>>
>>16942001
Actually I've has a pretty great year. If anything, things just keep getting better each year.
>>
File: 1446334597476.gif (393 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446334597476.gif
393 KB, 500x375
>>16942113
I feel ya brrrrruther. Same story but replace alcohol with internet research chemicals.
>>
Not at all. I conquered crack addiction, after a two years long parenthesis of pretty much non-life.
My efforts totally paid off, and now I'm back on track, and functional, and productive, and physically useful. There's no better feeling, really, after having been basically dead for so much time.
Thanks 2015.
>>
>>16942001
I'm sitting at my desk all day, wasting away time till I can finally go back to sleep and get away from my life here. Every year is the absolute worst year for me, as it just keeps getting worse.
>>
>>16942187
What.
Where do you think I live exactly?
>>
>>16942410
I never cared for robert.
>>
Not really, it was okay.

Got into the paranormal after actual experiences, moved countries, finally found a job, getting /fit/.
It's not the best year, there's been hardships and there will be more to come.

Empowering year.
>>
>>16942094
You just described 99.99999% of 4chan.
>>
>>16942105
Wow.

Welcome to the club.
>>
My 2015 has been fucking awesome desu and it's going to get better and better until 2016 and then it's a fresh start.
>>
This year has been a roller coaster. Became a severe alcoholic in the middle of 2014, which lasted til the middle of 2015 when I decided to quit. It's gotten better since then, but in that time period I managed to lose 2 jobs, get kicked out of my parents' house, and almost lose my bf. And probably have done a number on my health, been hospitalized a few times.
Honestly I have only myself to blame for this shitty year for being a dumb drunk. Although I do believe my parents' house was haunted by an at least mid-level demon that exacerbated my drinking.
>>
My 2015 hasn't been the best, but certainly not the worst. I'd say my worst year was '08 due to being homeless for most of it.
>>
>>16942102
Can you explain this more in detail or give some pointers? I'm not the OP but I'm in his situation pretty much
>>
File: a4229695596_2.jpg (76 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
a4229695596_2.jpg
76 KB, 350x350
>>16942001
That picture reminds me of the cover art for Wo-Fat's The Conjuring. \m/
>>
File: 1436110179012.jpg (53 KB, 680x340) Image search: [Google]
1436110179012.jpg
53 KB, 680x340
>>16942237

That was fuckin amazing
>>
>>16944846
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking

>Bronisław Malinowski's Magic, Science and Religion (1954) discusses another type of magical thinking, in which words and sounds are thought to have the ability to directly affect the world.[11] This type of wish fulfillment thinking can result in the avoidance of talking about certain subjects ("speak of the devil and he'll appear"), the use of euphemisms instead of certain words, or the belief that to know the "true name" of something gives one power over it, or that certain chants, prayers, or mystical phrases will bring about physical changes in the world. More generally, it is magical thinking to take a symbol to be its referent or an analogy to represent an identity.

>From toddlerhood to early school age, children will often link the outside world with their internal consciousness, e.g. "It is raining because I am sad."

It's just tards who literally have the mentality of young children thinking their thoughts affect the world.
>>
>>16942001
It's going to go downhill Anon, be grateful you had this year.
>>
>>16942001
yup i got arrested for marijuana this year, previous years i have been smoking while driving in the car ignorantly in the day and nighttime and never been caught until now lol........ but hey there are people who dont even have computers and shelter that are living the struggle until they die and as a whole we should feel bad for people like these. Too bad 4chan is full of a bunch of miserable whiteys who post their miseries because they dont even know what real suffering is
>>
>>16944943
Thanks for bringing back some sense into me. Though I do need to avoid negative thinking
>>
>>16942001

I've had much worse. To those of you who feel this is your worst, hang in there.
>>
I got hit by a car in January, was in a wheelchair for a few months, and things with my family have been really rough

Things have been going pretty well since then.
>>
>>16944461
Nice to hear anons taking charge of their lives. Congrats.
>>
>>16942001
It really hasn't been too bad. I mean, I did try killing myself back in February and spent half a month in a psychiatric ward, only to come out and have a difficult time for a few months picking up the pieces of a life I tried to abandon, but otherwise this second half of the year has been a little better in every sense.
>>
It did suck because SJW bullshit was pushed a lot harder this year.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 255x197) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 255x197
Yup, mom died just before new year had to deploy to Afghanistan in crippling debt, I've grown bitter and my wife has grown distant, I just want to go back to the bearenstein verse.
>>
>>16942001
Nah bro, twenty fifteen has been pretty good for me so far.
>>
>>16942001
I got a lot done that year, I don't regret any of it.
>>
>>16942034
/thread
>>
>>16942001
Holy shit guy I feel such a severe sense of belonging when i real your post.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.