[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God tier horror films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
Hey /x/ can you guys help me find the name of a horror movie i saw a LONG time ago?

All i remember was this scene in like a basement/surgical room and it was lit red.
There were two serial killers/monster things and one looked like Dr Trager from outlast and the other looked like the gas mask killer from My bloody valentine.

Also general god tier horror film thread
>>
Hostel?
>>
>>16941619
>Gorn
>>
The strangers
Halloween
Shining
Cry wolf
Evil dead
Loved ones
The wrong turns are meant to be horror but are pretty funny
The gift is sort of a horror
Orphan
Vas
>>
>>16941546
Sounds like house of a thousand corpses
>>
File: texas.gif (1 MB, 439x457) Image search: [Google]
texas.gif
1 MB, 439x457
>>16941546
Idiots.

OP is obviously talking about that one scene in Boku No Pico
>>
>>16941546
Creep (2004) ?
>>
>>16942902
Creep was very disappointing to me. There are so many infantile jump scares in the movie it really kills the atmosphere for me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W_jOpZzyqQ

This?
>>
File: GNFOS_poster.jpg (15 KB, 250x419) Image search: [Google]
GNFOS_poster.jpg
15 KB, 250x419
>>16941546
>>
File: the-blair-witch-project.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the-blair-witch-project.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
Still my number 1.
Everything about it.
The isolation, the legend, being lost, nothing but trees, the escalation of contact, the missing friend, the mental breaking down.
>>
Banshee Chapter is great and terrible at the same time, and it's unfortunately the only film to use numbers stations as a theme. The Cenobites in Hellraiser are a cool idea, but I didn't like the movie itself too much.
>>
>>16941546
Carnival of Souls. Lower budget 50's horror flick that I'm pretty sure M. Night Shyamalan ripped off.
>>
The Host (Korean)
Mimic
Hostel
Alien
Jaws
28 days
outbreak
alien
saw
>>
>>16941546
>god-tier

The Ring
The Grudge
Martyrs
Dawn of the Dead
A Nightmare on Elm St
The Poltergeist
Pet Cemetary
The Exorcist
>>
Evil Dead
Evil Dead II (more funny than scary but still great)
Halloween
The Thing (goat skinwalker)
The Conjuring (didn't do anything new, but did everything right)
Picnic at Hanging Rock (creepiest vibes ever)
The Host (Korean, not that Stephanie Myer bullshit)
Alien
The Shining
Hausu (more weird and hysterically funny than scary, but its a great time)
Videodrome
The Fly (1986)
The Brood
The Devil's Backbone
Chronos
An American Werewolf in London
The Vanishing (1988, not the shitty American remake)
Zodiac (terrifying because its all true)
Gojira (not very scary today, but still a great film and allegory for nuclear power)
Re-Animator (very goofy, but a very fun horror film)
Shadow of the Vampire
Drag me to Hell (hilarious)
The Mothman Prophecies
In The Mouth of Madness (batshit insane Lovecraftian nonsense)
>>
File: Nightmares-JacobsLadder.gif (492 KB, 400x232) Image search: [Google]
Nightmares-JacobsLadder.gif
492 KB, 400x232
Jacob's Ladder
>>
AM1200
The Grudge
Jacob's Ladder
The Shining
Videodrome
The Thing
The Exorcist

Honestly there's so much crappy horror out there I'm surprised my list isn't even shorter. I'd stick with anything Hitchcock, Twilight Zone, and even some Dark Mirror.
>>
>>16943064
But they made obviously bad decisions that normal humans wouldn't have made, even in a bad situation under stress. And who the fuck goes into the woods and doesn't know basic navigation?
>>
>>16943613
28 days later. 28 days is a very different movie.
>>
>>16944071
you underestimate how stupid people can be
>>
>>16941546
Bet your thinking of House of 1000 Corpses.
Just watched Last Shift on Netflix, not bad for B horror
>>
>>16943660
The conjuring is a pile of shot, it based it scary factor on shitty jump scares that any person who had watched 2 horror movies could see coming
>>
>>16941546

Grave Encounters?
>>
>>16943390
bru i love both Hellraiser and Banshee Chapter. the latter scared me bad which isn't easy
>>
Resolution
>>
>>16942284
>The strangers
shit

>>16943632
>The Poltergeist
shit

>>16943660
>The Conjuring
shit

>>16944052
all gr8
>>
>>16947961
Strangers American version is shit, the original is good. To me anyway
>>
>>16947961
The original Poltergeist is a creepy movie, the hell is wrong with you?
The second one was even creepier thanks to Reverend Kane.
>>
VHS
>>
>>16941546
You triple nigger thats fucking house of 1000 corpses and it was shit-tier
>>
>>16944071
They're all teenagers, that explains a lot of it. That coupled with being scared and constant bickering. They're just losing it because they're constantly surrounded by trees and disorientated
>>
>>16947961
>>The Poltergeist
>shit

The original or remake? The original was sppopy as shit. The remake was fucking dreadful.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.