[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody else feel theres something very strange about Don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: Don't_Fear_the_Reaper.jpg (33 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
Don't_Fear_the_Reaper.jpg
33 KB, 280x280
Does anybody else feel theres something very strange about Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult? I really wanna know if I'm not the only one who just feels that the song has a very dark, melancholic undertone?

Also, spoopy songs general.
>>
>>16941223
It's a suicide song. Of course it's dark.
>>
I heard that song practically every time I turned on the radio in the week after my grandmother died, it's not normally on the list of tracks that the radio station I listen to plays but it was super comforting for some reason.
>>
Once again, >>>/mu/
>>
>>16941261
Once again >>>/gofuckyourself/
>>
What are "minor keys". Lrn2 music theory, fuckboy.
>>
>>16941275
>Somebody doesn't know something that I know, they must be a total retard

Please fucking kill yourself. Thank you in advance,
>>
Acid Bath - Paegan Terrorism Tactics

This entire album is dark but heavy
>>
File: photostudio_1446007212029.jpg (216 KB, 1125x752) Image search: [Google]
photostudio_1446007212029.jpg
216 KB, 1125x752
>>16941288
Here you go, take this medicine and open your mind. Stop being so narrow-minded.
>>
File: edwardianghoul.jpg (8 KB, 198x255) Image search: [Google]
edwardianghoul.jpg
8 KB, 198x255
>song about death and suicide

>wow guys i dunno theres just something really spooky about this song cant put my finger on it tho

Anyway, there are a few good Depeche Mode songs that give a similar feeling. "Darkest Star" has really powerful dissonant chords thrown in.

"Death's Door" is probably my favorite of all time.
>>
>>16941223
I don't know the song feels very relieving to me.
>>
Prog rock is where its at boys
>>
>>16941223
I feel it needs more cowbell
>>
>>16941288

Jordan?
>>
Look at their symbol bro
They didn't make it up, the B.O.C. symbol is the sickle of Cronus, the god of time that reaps us all in the end :D
>>
>>16942296
Who is this??
>>
>>16941223
>I really wanna know if I'm not the only one who just feels that the song has a very dark, melancholic undertone?

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>16941336
No man. It's a song about eternal love and the opinion of not fearing death because it is inevitable. The song is about love transcending death. The songwriter was unhappy at the fact that people associate it with suicide encouragement.

This is why I find this song so damn relaxing.

30/10 would listen to while driving into the sunset with qt3.14 on an american desert
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (121 KB, 1195x656) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
121 KB, 1195x656
Needs more cowbell!

https://vimeo.com/55624839

Don't Fear the Reaper Explained.
>>
>>16941302
This guy has good taste.
>>
My favorite part is the clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk
>>
>>16941223
It's about death, gangsta.
>>
>>16941316
How am I supposed to learn anything if I'm dead?
>>
>>16941223
Hey! I love that song!
>>
>>16941223
the marylin manson song "man that you fear" always gave me the chills as did the original "hurt" by NIN
>>
>>16941223
Does anyone has this album in high quality?
Im unable to find it
>>
File: foodchain.png (47 KB, 1260x642) Image search: [Google]
foodchain.png
47 KB, 1260x642
>>16943381

They went to a lot of trouble to make it sound that way.
>>
>>16941223 (OP)

And their song Godzilla seems to have a very destructive, monster-crushing-Tokyo undertone.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that too?

Protip: Songs about death aren't likely to be too happy and upbeat.
>>
>>16942323
This guy gets it.

It's about accepting the inevitable truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3c3gsjgdXA

The events that inspired the song:

>Butler painted his apartment matte black, placed several inverted crucifixes, and put many pictures of Satan on the walls. Osbourne gave Butler a book about witchcraft. He read the book and placed the book on a shelf beside his bed before going to sleep. When he woke up, he claims he saw a large black figure standing at the end of his bed. The figure disappeared and Butler went to get the book, and it was gone

>The main riff is constructed with a harmonic progression including a diminished fifth / augmented fourth.[5] This particular interval is often known as diabolus in musica,[6] for it has musical qualities which are often used to suggest Satanic connotations in Western music.[6][7][8] The song "Black Sabbath" was one of the earliest examples in heavy metal to make use of this interval,[6] and since then, the genre has made extensive use of diabolus in musica.[6][9]
>>
Hey guys, listen, this is really strange and scary, but does anyone else find dark, minor key rock and metal songs about demons and death to be really scary???? Is it just me? Did i stumble onto something fellows???

>this is what you people sound like
>>
>>16943693

>makes fun of a thread pointing out something obvious by pointing out something obvious.

Oh, shit. Wait. How do I delete this thing? fuck
>>
>>16941223
Just listened to it, You are a fucking retard. rock on
>>
>>16943703
>>16943709
You must suck the cock of Hanz
>>
>>16943693
which post even remotely sounds like that? There is only 33 posts in this thread, so you'll have no trouble pointing it out.
>>
File: FOT79E01.jpg (64 KB, 507x900) Image search: [Google]
FOT79E01.jpg
64 KB, 507x900
Hey /x/ I know you guys are alright, so I come to you in a time of need. The other day, a maintenance guy at the hospital I work at shared this picture with me. Taken by a security guard he knows who was at an old clinic after hours. How do I know if this is real or not? Also, they all say that place is haunted.
>>
>>16943947
thats a 2D flat ghost, looks like one of those apps that inserts ghosts into pictures.

You should be more skeptical of shit like this, because this is obvious as fuck.

If you ever want to attain the knowledge to get to some real otherworldy phenomenon, you need to check your credulity , or you will likely never make it.
>>
Since this seems to have kinda become a thread for appreciating how dark and thrilling songs that are intentionally dark and thrilling are... How about Dream Theater's "In the Presence of Enemies"? I love that song. (Or songs, depending on whether you listen to it in two parts, since it was split up to form both the beginning and the end of the album "Systematic Chaos.")

Heck, that entire album is enjoyably intentionally dark and crunchy. I especially like how "Constant Motion" is both a song about what it feels like to have OCD, but also actually interesting and even really thrilling (which, as someone with OCD, I can attest is difficult to do).
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.