[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to induce Ego-death without the use of drugs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
File: medtation.jpg (122 KB, 525x348) Image search: [Google]
medtation.jpg
122 KB, 525x348
Is it possible to induce Ego-death without the use of drugs?
>>
With a lot of dedication sure. Ego death is overrated tough.
>>
>>16941014
How so?
>>
>>16941014
This

Meditation can do it. I'm past ego death though. I want to know everything there is to know about prakriti (not a hindu, but it's the bet word to describe the clutter we call matter and energy)
>>
>>16941014
I disagree, although it is but a small step, it is still an integral part of your path to enlightenment, the letting go of your past and accepting the present, then you move on with that mindset.

>>16941026
I also have an interest in this.
>>
File: 1445431310388.jpg (16 KB, 193x193) Image search: [Google]
1445431310388.jpg
16 KB, 193x193
>>16940991
It's called awareness meditation.

>>16941026
>>16943207
Shiki soku ze ku.
>>
>>16940991
>Is it possible to induce Ego-death without the use of drugs?

Most all monks of hinduism/buddhism attempt to achieve ego-Death drug-free

What a bizzare question
>>
File: Kalachakra-BK9-Zentrum.jpg (467 KB, 1000x1161) Image search: [Google]
Kalachakra-BK9-Zentrum.jpg
467 KB, 1000x1161
>>16940991
yes. The ''ego'' is dependend on conditions. If you remove the causes of ego, the ego dissapears.
I put ego in quotes, because the "ego" does not exist and there is nothing to remove.
The cause of "ego" is thinking the "ego" exists. There only no-self.

>>16943216
>It's called awareness meditation.
Awareness is just one part.

Bodhicitta meditation combines awareness with non-discriminatory love (compassion).
Awareness without compassion is useless. compassion without awareness is also useless.
You can't let a child be born without the mother and the father.

The ultimate goal of ''ego dead'' is non-violence towards all living beings in every situation without exceptions.
>>
File: dalai.jpg (31 KB, 590x258) Image search: [Google]
dalai.jpg
31 KB, 590x258
>>16943783
>The ultimate goal of ''ego dead'' is non-violence towards all living beings in every situation without exceptions.
So not even self defense or in the defense of others?
>>
>>16943810
>would be reasonable
>would

Killing does not under any circumstance free you from karma.
If you kill somebody that is trying to kil you its makes your karmic effects less severe, but it does not remove you completely from karma.

In the previous lifes of Shakyamuni Buddha he used self-defense for himself and for others in multiple situations and because of that he was reborn everytime untill he turned to absolute non-violence and became a Buddha.
Read the Jataka Tales
>>
>>16943783
>>16943847
Good stuff, thanks for sharing.
>>
File: visible light.jpg (85 KB, 715x243) Image search: [Google]
visible light.jpg
85 KB, 715x243
>>16943847
>>16943847
>Killing does not under any circumstance free you from karma.
Well that is not the whole quote.

>But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, he said, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. Not at the head, where a fatal wound might result. But at some other body part, such as a leg.

So should i just stand there are take it?
I don't know man. I mean, i don't fear death because i believe in the whole reincarnation thing and i don't think anything here actually matters that much in the long run.
But i know that other people fear it and if i saw some guy with a gun trying to kill people i would do anything i could to stop that person.

If that means i have to reincarnate again i guess that is just something i have to deal with.
>>
>>16940991
Ofcourse...thats the only way being sober
>>
File: 3Poisons-Fuel-for-Samsara.jpg (261 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
3Poisons-Fuel-for-Samsara.jpg
261 KB, 700x700
>>16943909
>I guess that is just something i have to deal with.
Yep there is something called taking karmic responsibility.

A popular verse from the Jataka tales:
"The Buddha was once a captain of a ship, with many sailors. On the ship was a traitor who wanted to make a hole in the ship to make it sink.
The Buddha could decide to do nothing and let many people get killed, or kill the traitor and save many lifes.
Because he killed the traitor he was reborn, but because he saved many lifes he was reborn as a king."

Another popular verse:
"The Buddha was once a turtle. He saw a ship in a storm getting sunk. He swam over there and let the sailors on his back. After bringing the sailors to the shore they where very hungry and starving. The sailors where discussing of eating the Buddha, when the Buddha heard this he decided to stay and be eaten to save the lifes of the sailors. Because of this he was reborn as a human. (Another version is that if the Buddha moved his flippers/paws he would crush ants nearby so he decided not to move untill the ants ate him)"

In the final life of the Buddha after reaching enlightenmend there was robber/murderer. He told the Buddha the was gonna cut of his head. Then the Buddha bowed and put out his neck. He then said "If you think it gives you peace of mind then please cut off my head". After that the muderer became one of Buddha's diciples.
>>
every time i go through an ego death i just get a higher sense of my self and what i want to do to enjoy myself and help others to further propagate the cycle of samsara in the best direction imaginable.
i think im doing something right

>>16943783
>implying not doing bad is worth anything.
you have to do good.

my ego exists because i know it does.
if you chose to kill yours, and succeeded, that is well and good for you.
but whenever i try it merely grows stronger.
it becomes more, does more, enjoys more, helps more.
it is because i know my self that i can know the self's of others, whether that is something they admit to or not.

"I" will go on forever, and there's nothing you faggots can do about it.
>>
>>16944043
>A popular verse from the Jataka tales:
>"The Buddha was once a captain of a ship, with many sailors. On the ship was a traitor who wanted to make a hole in the ship to make it sink.
>The Buddha could decide to do nothing and let many people get killed, or kill the traitor and save many lifes.
>Because he killed the traitor he was reborn, but because he saved many lifes he was reborn as a king."
I don't really get this one.
Would it be better for him to just ignore the traitor and let him kill every one on the ship?
Seems like you can't really win that situation and killing the traitor is the best of 2 bad options.

Would Buddha have ascended after that if he hadn't done anything at all? For me it really seems like he choose the lesser of to evils.

The other two are pretty straight forward.
>>
>>16944079
normally, yes.
but karma is all about making the best possible choice with the information you have available to you.
since he knew the traitor was there, he would have been guilty of negligence if he had let him kill everyone on the ship, which doing nothing would be the same as in this case.
this example is bullshit for that reason.

normally, in every day life, there is only one "true" way to do things: to do the things that you are expected to do, and find yourself doing regardless of choice, the way of complacency and nothingness shall be your reward.
but, there are an infinite number of good and evil paths.
>>
>>16940991

It's the only way senpai. You can't go after specific outcomes or experiences with drugs and pretend that would lessen your craving. It's artificial. Delight in sensory experiences is the root of ignorance. The ego doesn't really die though, you just discover that it is a fiction... smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>16944335
>god makes a universe
>he makes people to enjoy that universe
>the people forget that god.
>the people decide that the universe created itself
>the people decide that enjoying that universe is avarice and sin
>the people decide that they dont even exist, that they were never created to begin with.
i hate Buddhism because it seeks to deny the gifts we are given.

why the fuck do you think you dont exist.
its fucking weird.
the self is a reflection of the focused mind within the rational mind, which allows us to understand our own desires and make the decisions that we find best, destroy it actually and we would merely act on our impulses with only reflection given our understanding granted by the reactive mind, doing only what others want without attaining our own goals, which would be dumb, although righteous. ; pretend to destroy it? you become a cunt.
>>
File: praisethesun.png (47 KB, 584x583) Image search: [Google]
praisethesun.png
47 KB, 584x583
>>16944623
also sorry i dont know if you understand my descriptions
id=focused mind
ego=rational mind
super ego= reactive mind
>>
>>16944665
which are all merely parts of the self.
i am not only me, i am the things i do, think, and say.
>>
my intention was to be able to prove the "illusion of the self" theory wrong so simply even a child could understand it.
do i appear to have succeeded?
i think i do do, but i like to have more than one opinion when i can.
>you can kill the self if you want though, because universe consciousness will let you.
but it went to so much trouble to get into you in the first place, why would you?
>>
File: tu39.jpg (147 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
tu39.jpg
147 KB, 500x498
>>16944046
>>16944623
You are a true Buddha.
I am God.
you are God.
I am reality.
You are reality.
I create reality.
You create reality.
I am the source.
You are the source.
Its just as it is.

>pic related.
God created it.
You created it.
I created it.
God experiences it.
You experience it.
I experience it.
Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
you are egoless after drugs anyhow. you're replacing your mind with them by having it modify your neurology permanently. you are a human with a human sense of self, after you are a drug with a drug sense of self, as ontologically the system and its physics are different, so it must be assumed the original premise - our understanding of "ego", being for the human mind, discrepates from an understanding of the drug's mind.
>>
File: DioBrando.png (595 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
DioBrando.png
595 KB, 1024x640
>>16944834
>You are a true Buddha.
its so nice to be noticed~
this. this is why the ego must exist.
eliminate desire as a total, and all that remains are specific desires.
example:
i was a smoker.
i did not enjoy being a smoker,
but i enjoyed to smoke.
although i have only recently decided to quit, i know i will succeed in my attempt.
the universe rewards me with a single cigarillo, either manifested or forgotten and rediscovered.
and i will smoke it, still.
because i will enjoy doing so,
and i know, that even though my desire for this one cigarillo will be satiated.
i will not give in to any desire to smoke further.
and so, i will smoke, to know i am no longer a smoker.
perhaps illogical, on the surface.
I do not care;
it is cherry flavoured.
since maitreya isnt going to be a specific person, and instead will just literally be this feeling of self coming to all of humanity, can i be the one we call him?
>>
>>16944883
this is why i prefer to be called "your highness" after i smoke weed.
>>
>>16940991
Sticking your penis in an electrical socket
>>
>>16944895
while i smoked, i could feel the rational mind trying to make sense of my actions.
it is a silly thing, it is, it does not understand that it is not us.
it says i am a smoker, having had only one last smoke.
but I know i am not, for i will not smoke any longer.
what a silly thing it is.
i am glad to have found my true self.
>>
i sometimes wish people could poke holes in the things i say.
at least it would be a reply.
>>
>>16945986
How about

You're a wolf in sheep's clothing.
>>
File: 1286354749265.jpg (15 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
1286354749265.jpg
15 KB, 250x350
>>16943909
>So should i just stand there are take it?

The gun will always jam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality
>>
>>16943847
How do you know all this?
>>
>>16940991
Yes.
If you believe you're in "need" for something in order to "achieve" ego death, you're doing it wrong for the wrong reasons.
>>
If there is false ego then there must be real ego. Real ego is real self awareness. We are infinite beings and eternal servants of either our senses or the master of the senses
>>
>>16940991
yes, its the only way.
>>
>>16943847
>>16943861
Inaccurate stuff actually.
>>
>>16946135
how about.
im a sheep in wolfs clothing.
>>
>>16940991
Yes, yes it is. It is, in fact, the most common experience when meeting a fairy for the first time.
>>
>>16943909
>>16944043
>>16944107
>>16944834
>>16944895
I'm gonna chime in and say you are all wrong!!

Killing does not create karma.

Attachment creates karma. I am aware you are coming from a buddhist stand point but Buddhism derives from Hinduism as the Buddha was Hindu.

The original meaing of karma as pointed to in the Bhagavad Gita says that karma is about non-atttachment. Krishna is told to kill his enemies but to not have attachment to his actions as this would create karma.

similarly having children creates karma. Not being a child murderer by itself.

In regards to ego. to destroy the ego is to destroy wants, not needs. To want for nothing and to expect nothing.

Whether you defend yourself or not from a man that is trying to kill you is irrelevant or even if you are the murderer. It is your intention.
>>
>>16940991
if you have no purpose in or no idea why you are trying to kill your ego then I really suggest to avoid it, I've seen way to many people who've thought they now understand the world because they've taken enough LSD, DMT and other psychedelics just to become ironically even more selfish and self-centred
>>
>>16944623
>why the fuck do you think you dont exist.

The ego is not my true self, so I am not inconvenienced by its ultimate nonexistence. Only that which is stable and unchanging is fit to call real, or pertaining to a self. Everything material is dependent on conditions that will change, decay and ultimately be destroyed. Hence it is unreal, not because of its nonexistence, but because it's unstable. Anything of this nature is in Buddhist philosophy not fit to call "myself" or "mine". When you truly grasp this, and everything moving is understood to be unreal, there is no movement fundamentally. At that point everything is peaceful and stable, and that is ultimate reality, the true self. It is actually not separate from the world of illusions.

It's all well and good to analyze the self in post-nietzschean terms, but that leads nowhere near the awakening mind. It is an experience that requires practice to fundamentally transforms ones understanding of the self, and doesn't involve impulsive or mindless actions. Just because one recognizes it's interdependence on external conditions doesn't make one a worse pilot, on the contrary - impulsive and foolish actions lose their appeal completely.
>>
>>16946858
i saw two gay guys on the buss yesterday but i dident have a ego death
>>
>>16947168
The part of your ego that represents not having seen two gay guys on the bus yesterday is dead.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.