[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The semi-secret Indian Jesus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: Babaji_sepia.png (123 KB, 400x477) Image search: [Google]
Babaji_sepia.png
123 KB, 400x477
Babaji. A first hand account of him written by Paramahansa Yogananda and his Guru Yukteswar Giri . He is supposedly hundreds if not thousands of years old. Reportedly lives in the Himalayas. An Avatar at the same level as Jesus? A pretty God-tier kind of dude.

So, does he exist /x/?
>>
>>16939096
No, just like Jesus never existed.
>>
>>16939096
> He is supposedly hundreds if not thousands of years old.
>>
>>16939118
-
Erm yeah, but he's not really that much of a human though, kind of an Avatar sort of a deal.
>>
File: 1383199488710.jpg (107 KB, 435x592) Image search: [Google]
1383199488710.jpg
107 KB, 435x592
>>16939115
when will this meme die
>>
>>16939118
I have no idea why, but that pic always has me giggling like a schoolgirl.
>>
>>16939130
When will the fedora meme die.
>>
>>16939136
When people stop acting like fedoras.
>>
>>16939140
When people realize Jesus never actually existed. If you believe so, where's your evidence? And please, nothing from the 2nd century (Tacitus) or any forgery by Eusebius. (Josephus)
>>
File: TomikoAsahina.jpg (32 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
TomikoAsahina.jpg
32 KB, 680x383
Did someone say telomeres?
>>
>>16939096
>A first hand account of him written by Paramahansa Yogananda and his Guru Yukteswar Giri .
I'd like to read this.
Any help opie?
>>
>>16939145
-
Who invented him then? Like, who had the first idea? Because 2,000 years isn't that long ago and we have good information about a lot of people from that time and even hundreds of years before (Alexander the Great for example).

Who invented Jesus?
>>
>>16939152
We don't know that much about who invented him, but there's solid speculation as to why he was invented. It also seems that Paul knew nothing about Jesus being human as he mentions nothing about any disciples and he says he got his gospel through revelation of Jesus and his letters came first.
>>
File: Autobiography.jpg (35 KB, 600x413) Image search: [Google]
Autobiography.jpg
35 KB, 600x413
>>16939150
-
Hi anon pic related is the first place to start which is an absolutely incredible book if you haven't read it. For sure by far the most /x/ book I have ever read. Yoganandas Guru also wrote about Babji but read Yogananda first.
>>
>>16939145
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
>There is "near universal consensus" among scholars that Jesus existed historically,[3][4][5][nb 1][nb 2][nb 3][nb 4] although biblical scholars differ about the beliefs and teachings of Jesus as well as the accuracy of the details of his life that have been described in the Gospels.[nb 5][11][nb 6][2]:168–173 While scholars have sometimes criticized Jesus scholarship for religious bias and lack of methodological soundness,[nb 7] with very few exceptions, such critics do support the historicity of Jesus, and reject the theory that Jesus never existed, known as the Christ myth theory.[14][nb 8][16][17][18]

>The Christ myth theory is the proposition that Jesus of Nazareth never existed, or if he did, he had virtually nothing to do with the founding of Christianity and the accounts in the gospels.[102][103][104] This theory has very little support among current scholars.[105]
>>
File: Lord-shiva-giving-blessings.jpg (184 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Lord-shiva-giving-blessings.jpg
184 KB, 1024x768
>>16939169
-
Also note how Yoganandas face encapsulates both the male and female aspects as the male and female combine in the most advanced Yogi's. Note also a similar thing going on in Lord Shiva's face, also a Master Yogi.
>>
>>16939182
Most Biblical scholars are clergymen and shit like that of course they don't support Jesus never existing, it's Kryptonite to what they believe.
>>
>>16939190
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>16939193
I know more than you, obviously. You don't even actually research the shit for yourself.
>>
Not a Jesusfag myself but no way is Jesus a forgery. There would be way more trace to the forgery if so. Lots of exaggeration along the way about Jesus, yes; total fabrication no way.
>>
>>16939152
Who invented dragons? Can't recall right? Because it's all fake and gay. Like your religion.
>>
>>16939199
There are plenty of non-Christian people who have investigated the historicity of Jesus. Plenty of religions would love to disprove core/important parts of two of their largest competitors. I also notice you said biblical scholars. I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about historians.
>>
>>16939183
>>16939169
ty mate, and i agree with your take on the appearance of true yogis. incidentally, native americans hold a very similar belief.
also, as a dilettante shaiv myself, does he touch on shiva?
lastly, if it's not too much of a bother, can you give a gist of kriya yoga? and how it differs from other schools, like hatha?
>>
>>16939200
Nah man there was a lot lost in translation. If anything it was probably a group and they just melted into a Jesus like person. Kind of like Shakespeare.
>>
>>16939200
The theory is he started out as a first-born Angel of creation and the son of God then was historicised with the Gospel of Mark, which was the first gospel ever written. Look up the parallels between the Gospel of Mark and Homer's Odyssey.
>>16939206
Biblical scholars are people with degrees in Biblical history, you dolt.
>>
File: top.jpg (13 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
13 KB, 500x332
>>16939212
>degrees in Biblical history
=/=
>Historian
>>
>>16939213
Except that's exactly what they are. You have no idea how history scholarship works. There are different tiers of history scholarship.
>>
>>16939216
Jesus existed. Deal with it or keep whining.
>>
>>16939216
>You have no idea how history scholarship works.
I don't, but i'd love to know more.
Do normal historians hold the biblical ones in the same regard?
>>
>>16939224
Prove it.
>>16939226
Yes, because they study the history of the Bible and the history in the Bible regardless of how little there is.
>>
>>16939208
-
Cool. The book definitely mentions Lord Shiva on numerous occasions, as well as about a great deal else of Indian and Hindu culture. It doesn't so much give a breakdown of Kriya techniques, he describes the framework more I think. And apologies I don't know enough about yoga to make an interdisciplinary comparison.

The book is truly amazing though, and very powerful. It is clearly written although I wouldn't try and read it too quickly as there is so much to take in.
>>
What is interesting to me is that Alexander the Great's father wasn't sure if he was the father or bizarrely enough, Zeus. Alexander himself toyed with the idea that he might actually be a God and the Son Of Zeus.

This story probably isn't the only God as father one from prior to Jesus' time, there are no doubt others.

Or possibly, Alexander the Greats soul was later reborn as Jesus' with this being training for the Souls heaviest responsibility as Jesus?
>>
>>16939152
>Who invented Jesus?
Isn't it a bit strange that all we have to support the story of Jesus is the bible? Nothing else from when he was living is referenced. The earliest written record is from 80-100 after his death and it doesn't even mention him by name. Rather it refers to him as Christus and pretty much just boils down to 'a bunch of people calling themselves Christians are saying this happened to the guy they call Christ'.

How do we even know that the stories attributed to Jesus are THE Jesus in the Bible? Jesus is a pretty common name and there are several Josephs, Pauls, Marys, Johns, etc mentioned but only one Jesus. Given the record we have was not written during his lifetime, we cannot be that sure that THE Jesus isn't actually several guys with the same name creating havoc with temples and Romans during that time frame.

Don't you find it strange that several other sons of God deities have the same narrative as Jesus? Zeus was running around impregnating ladies locked in towers which led to miraculous births. Horus and Krishna both have parallels to Jesus.

Jesus was quite possibly an ordinary guy who gossip, rumour and superstition created a mythos surrounding him, almost like an egregore. A chinese whispers of event happens between the populace, links them all to one guy and grows after his death.
>>
>>16939405
-
A bit like, Steve Jobs getting all the credit and adulation at Apple when in reality there were several other members of his team who were critical to the development and success for Apple as a company?
>>
File: Brainslug Jaguar spirit.jpg (1 MB, 842x1191) Image search: [Google]
Brainslug Jaguar spirit.jpg
1 MB, 842x1191
>>16939148
No. We said Magic.
>>
>>16939563
>Apple
I see what you did there.
>>
>>16939658
-
Whoever said, `Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. ` had at that point the inspiration of an unparalleled Super-Genius. That quote alone is enough to make me think that there is something actually going on with the whole Jesus malarkey.
>>
>>16939096

I've heard of him, yes. I was in a situation where someone was supposedly channeling him and I was given a sign that he was "aware of" me and that I needed to lighten up and that I take myself too seriously, which is true. Before this, I hadn't met or talked to anyone there so they had no idea who I was or what my personality is.

I've never heard him mentioned on /x/ before, though. How did you hear of him OP?
>>
>>16939096
Soooo... he have no loo to poo?
>>
>>16939096
Jesus is The One , True and Eternal Creator, God of gods .. he alone is eternal.. whoever this guy is he is not nor is any other created being on "the same level as " Jesus .. that is actually Blasphemy.. Jesus is God, the source and destiny of all there was , is or ever will be.
>>
>>16941722
Jesus is a fictional character.
>>
>>16939096
Yeah man, he does exist. I remember visiting him a few years back. Pretty wise, chill laid back dude. We talked about life and all of it's mysteries and he also revealed that the secret to such a long life actually was nofap (who would of thought). It truly was one of the coolest experiences of my life. You should come along next time I visit.
>>
definitely exists
>>
Great, the entire thread is derailed into a debate about Jesus' alleged existence and respective parties are incapable of presenting substantial evidence for either claims.
Who gives a shit about scholarly consensus? Since when did authority-arguments become legitimate? And since when was this fucking thread about Jesus?
Holy fuck, guys, you're the cancer of /x/.
>>
>>16943189
how did you meet him ?
>>
File: Valakut Invoker.jpg (198 KB, 1061x800) Image search: [Google]
Valakut Invoker.jpg
198 KB, 1061x800
>>16941722
Jesus is a link in the unbroken chain of dharma and is the first link of our age: meaning disbelief in him is disbelief in god.
>>
Learn how to use it.

mindcraftbeta.blogspot.ca
>>
>>16939152
Who invented Zeus and Thor?
>>
>>16939140
>Just start believing, guys, then we'll quit mocking you for lacking our gullibility!
>>
>>16939152
>we have good information about a lot of people from that time

One of the exceptions being Jesus. Ironic, ain't it?
>>
>>16939164

I'm just gonna ignore you since I can't really dispute that. But you're WRONG anyway.
>>
>>16943486
Prove it.
>>
>>16943189
can i invoke babaji?
>>
>>16943189
>You should come

Clearly you learned nothing of nofap.
>>
>>16943189
>he also revealed that the secret to such a long life actually was nofap (who would of thought)

Even if you're just trolling, that's funny to consider because in the Old Testament bible "spilling your seed" was considered a grave sin. And in the really old old testament, men were living to 700+ years old. Maybe they were all nofap? One thing is for sure - they had a lot of sex. I bet the idea of fapping in itself was ridiculous back then.
>>
>>16939096
Another lie of Christian missionaries
youtube.com/watch?v=HyyQj1Z25eI
>>
>>16939096
God damn how did a thread about discussing an Indian subcontinental avatar man God turn to a bickering argument about the existence/non existence of Jesus. Just because OP drew parallels between the figure he's talking about and some other godmandude who, regardless of existence is irrelevant right here and now. Btw OP I know not of the figure of which you speak but I'm interested to know more.
>>
>>16943480
Not really. The people were kings, generals, philosphers, politicians..etc.. Those people attracted a lot of attention. Jesus was a random judean carpenter
>>
>>16947543
Because fedora autists are fedora autists
>>
File: biographyofyogi.jpg (43 KB, 420x679) Image search: [Google]
biographyofyogi.jpg
43 KB, 420x679
>>16941650
>>16947543

-
>How did you hear of him OP?

From pic/book related which is a mighty piece of work, probably the most /x/ book I have read in my entire life.

>Btw OP I know not of the figure of which you speak but I'm interested to know more.

Obviously the book I just mentioned and the following vid by one of Yoganandas pupils; and I think this guy mentions Babaji in some of his other vids too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvO6arFk330
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.