[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So some of you must be experiencing this, but i will explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
So some of you must be experiencing this, but i will explain anyway. Whenever i hold a sharp object or my finger (anything pointy) between my eyes without touching my skin, i get this weird sensation like tingling. And it is not a pleasent one.

I couldn't find any "scientific" explanation for this feeling so here i am /x/.

I know some of you will say that my third chakra or whatever is reacting. But i am not a spiritual person and i have never meditated. What is your explanation for this sensation?
>>
>>16936290
It's your energy field.
>>
>>16936290
It's just body static, OP.
>>
>>16936306
aaaaaaand? what does "your energy field" mean?
>>
I noticed this in school so long ago but forgot. May try some experiments with it.

Sensation can become pretty strong.
>>
>>16936319
yeah it is the only reason i cant enjoy 3d movies
>>
>>16936317
Basically this >>16936311 with mysticbabble.
>>
Never tried it before. Just did. OP is onto something. My guess would be that your aura/electomagnetic field reacts differently at that point to a pointy, sharp object- similarly to introducing a point of contact into a magnetic field. That point must be ultra sensitive or something
>>
I wonder if you can feel it when someone else does it to you while your eyes are closed.
>>
>>16936343
You can feel it as long as you know it's coming. Perhaps if you and your friend sit down for longer time and your friend don't tell when the pencil is coming, perhaps then you could tell if you can sense the pencil before it touches you. Also, test it multiple times. Blindfold yourself so that there is no way to see 'silhouette trhough eye lids'.

Sorry for shitty grammar, I'm tired.
>>
>>16936356
Usually I call everyone roleplaying faggots but this one seems interesting. I remember this phenomena from childhood but I have forgotten it. I need to test this out and see what this is based on.
>>
>>16936290
You can find others who have experienced the same thing, and others have independently stumbled upon the pencil method of replication. I'd try to re-find some stuff on it, but I'm too lazy at the moment. It seems loosely related to ASMR, but distinct (I have experienced both ASMR and phantom tingling, they're different and triggered differently. ASMR is pleasurable and phantom tingling is neutral.)

The most reasonable explanation is that it's like an optical illusion, but tactile instead of optical. It's similar to feeling the sensation of surprise when startled, or flinching if something appears to be moving towards your face. You imagine what the sharp/pointed object would feel like if it were to touch your forehead, and so that anticipation creates the perception of sensation. Once this has occurred, you instead anticipate the phantom tingling itself, reinforcing the phenomenom.

This is actually very useful for meditation. Lay on your back and try to induce the sensation without using an external object, or if you cannot, use an object to induce the phantom tingling and then close your eyes and focus on the sensation itself, trying to intensify it. You can increase the sensation until it feels extremely powerful, as well as move it around (I can move it to the tip of my nose and to the top of my head) though moving it is a bit difficult.
>>
The reason why it is useful for meditation is that it gives you something to concentrate on instead of letting your mind wander to random thoughts, with the intensity of concentration corresponding to the intensity of the sensation. It creates a sort of feedback loop. With practice and long sessions, you can get into a deep meditative state and see roiling hallucinations similar to those when you push on your eyeballs (Don't do this if you haven't aready, it's actually bad for your eyes.) It creates the same deep meditative state as with other methods such as breathing exercises, relaxation visualization, and mindfulness meditation, and can be used in conjunction with them.

You can also induce phantom tingling in your fingertips, and to a lesser extent the rest of your body, but at least for me it is very much strongest on the forehead and fingertips. Lay on your back, rest your elbows on your bed, and raise your forearms into the air, making a "cage" with your fingertips. Adjust and balance your arms so you are exerting as little as possible and there is the least amount of pressure on your fingertips, ideally they should just barely touch. Concentrate on your fingers and forehead, and with luck you'll feel it in your fingers as well.
>>
>>16936399
Thanks anon most of the info you gave makes sense I guess

Also I can do it without an object easily but how it helps to meditate exactly?
>>
>>16936343
No, if you don't expect it, you won't feel it. However having someone else point an object close to your forehead works even better, and looking at yourself in a mirror while doing it can also help to intensify the expectation that something is going to touch your forehead if you are having trouble inducing the sensation.
>>
>>16936399
Cool. I'm going to master this. Then I will learn to move the sensation on my dick and then I can jerk off with it.
>>
>>16936425
I've tried this for a long time, with zero results, which sucks because it'd be totally awesome. However everyone is different, and you may find a way. I with you godspeed, prospective mental masturbator.
>>
>>16936440
I have never meditated but I have faith in this thing. I will do my best to learn this. If I ever will, I will come back to /x/ to share my wisdom.

>captcha: signs
>>
>>16936450
Did you click all the street name signs a billion times before it let you proceed?
>>
>>16936455
It let me through on the first try. Perhaps I'm the chosen one.
>>
>>16936464
Fight the system, make them go back to the old typed captchas.
>>
>>16936476
Actually I was thinking about mental masturbation but maybe I could fight the captcha too.
>>
File: 1442322497359s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1442322497359s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
calm down guys, its just your body, nothing paranormal about it.

imagine cutting a lemon in half, you grab one half and take a hearty bite of the lemon. some who read this should find that their mouth is starting to salivate.

same as with the pencil - your muscles contract in anticipation of a sting by the sharp object, hence the tingling sensation on your forehead (guess the skin/muscle layers there are especially thin or something)
>>
>>16936494
You can feel weird things when you focus on your body. Like manual breathing. I believe you could learn to control these sensations with practice.

Also, nice thumbnail.
>>
>>16936290

Are you fucking kidding
I get this any time ANYTHING goes anywhere near between my eyes, sharp or not. The static sensation starts to travel to the end of my nose too which is annoying. It's why I can't wear glasses, luckily I have perfect vision but it makes sunglasses unbelievably annoying. Just thinking about it makes it start to tingle.
I think it's just tactile anticipation, I doubt my "third eye" or whatever is that strong. If it was I'd be breaking shit with my mind because this sensation is way overpowering and annoying.
>>
>>16936290
>What is your explanation for this sensation?

hairs from your wannabe unibrow touching the poking thingy
>>
thats you knowing its there and it being in your peripheral vision. look up at it and the feeling goes away. it doesnt work when you use your finger cause your "proximity alarm" in your brain knows its your finger.

but there are sensitive ppl out there. heres a good test. have them close their eyes, then hover your hand close to the face, chest, and shoulders. leave them there for a good 15 seconds before switching. a sensitive person will guess correctly where your hand is 4/5 times.
>>
File: svCVt.jpg (95 KB, 400x594) Image search: [Google]
svCVt.jpg
95 KB, 400x594
>>16936494
Also you can salivate and strongly taste salt by opening your mouth, sticking out your tongue, and shaking an imaginary salt shaker onto your tongue.
>>
>>16936547
I probably looked like bitch of ghost but it really worked.
>>
File: indeed.jpg (19 KB, 112x103) Image search: [Google]
indeed.jpg
19 KB, 112x103
>>16936555
>>
File: _Mila2.jpg (72 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
_Mila2.jpg
72 KB, 500x438
>>16936290
>I know some of you will say that my third chakra or whatever is reacting. But i am not a spiritual person and i have never meditated.

People can be very spiritually "tuned" without knowing they are.
This can either be from past lives, childhood traumas, or just general life experiences.

So, it might be your 3rd eye.
I would say do the experiment without stopping. Let completely go and let the feelings come over you. As long as you don't struggle or fight against it then everything will be fine.
Also while doing it visualize a glowing orb on your forehead(just above the brows, in between) that is emitting light rays.

We can not give you exact answers, because all the answers are already in your own mind. You just need to find them.
Any answers we give are external and do not come for your own.
Everything we say is biased trough our own experiences, knowledge and worldviews.
The answers in your own mind are pure.

"A leaf in your own garden is worth more then all the leafes in paradise, that's the secret!"
>>
>>16936494
>guess the skin/muscle layers there are especially thin or something
it does seem like it's just your body anticipating the contact, but this doesn't sound that convincing of a reason as to why it only happens in that one spot. if i hold something sharp in front of my eye i don't get the same feeling. if there's anywhere you'd expect it to happen it would be a vulnerable place like your eye, but i don't get any sensation at all in the muscles controlling my eyelid.
>>
>>16936327
ur pic is well meme'd
>>
>>16936541
>look up at it and the feeling goes away.
if anything, looking at it makes the feeling stronger.

>it doesnt work when you use your finger
it does.
>>
When I was about 12 my mom took me to this very small Christian church. It was my first time there. A special guest speaker was there, she was said to be "a very powerful woman of god". At one point she started speaking in tongues (praying over me) and put three fingers on my forehead. Immediately I felt a very intense tingling sensation where here fingers were. Now anytime I am in a creepy place or feel as though I can feel gods presence, I feel that very same tingling in the exact spots she touched. I'm not sure that the god of the bible is real, but I know in my heart that there is definitely some type of higher power that was channeled on that day.
>>
You need to shave your monobrow chief.
>>
>>16936794
An old trick is to place a coin on your forehead, press it against it, and then let it fall away. It will feel as if the coin is still there. It's turned into a prank in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YBWPjHTL7U

Nothing paranormal, just the usual charlatan priest exploiting stage magic to seem like a wizard.
>>
>>16936450
Perhaps also try imaging up some gentle pressure on your perineum/prostate too (if you're open enough to doing that kind of stuff)?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.