[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everything in the world seems to be two ends of the same rope.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10
File: img-fig088.jpg (12 KB, 464x133) Image search: [Google]
img-fig088.jpg
12 KB, 464x133
Everything in the world seems to be two ends of the same rope.

>Light and Dark
>Life and Dead
>Youth and Old
>Cold and Hot
>Etc.

So what is The opposite of Humanity?
>>
humanity is an idea, meaning it cant be quantified. Also wanna point out that death is not the opposite of life.
>>
>>16936217
This
>>
>>16936217
>Death it's not the opposite of life.

You are right I guess but would you care to elaborate a bit more?
>>
>>16936235
Death is the opposite of birth. What we call life is just a function of the universe, like radiation, or gravity.
>>
>>16936258
Ok thanks that makes sense.
>>
>>16936258
well wouldent conception technically be the opposite of death?
>>
>>16936337
not quite. its essentially whenever the subject is brought into existence. in terms of humans, you could argue any time between conception and birth. but i see where you are going with that.
>>
Here's the ultimate question, OP: What is the opposite of a paradox? ;)
>>
File: 1446587998976.jpg (22 KB, 480x335) Image search: [Google]
1446587998976.jpg
22 KB, 480x335
>>16936209
Niggers
>>
Humanity is a rope not an end of it. Also these are called spectrums.
>>
>>16936209
Dark is the absence of light.
You can't add dark, only remove light.
Cold is the absence of heat.
You can't add cold, only remove heat.

Old and young are just characteristics applied to something and are just relative.

Dead and alive are just on and off. Functional or not. Those are the only two that truly have two sides of a coin.

It's all about your perception. How you were taught to perceive, or inherently are wired to perceive.

Humanity is an idea, doesn't have an opposite that can be quantified. You can have an opposite of certain characteristics, but humanity as a whole is a group of subsets and unique characteristics.
>>
>>16936209
Inhumanity. Duh.
>>
>>16936383

Rope makes it sound more edgy
Britches love edgy
>>
>>16936365
I knew someone would type this. Only reason I entered the thread
>>
>>16936351
An idea that doesn't condtradict itself, you dumb neckbeard faggot
>>
What humanity means and how it's actually portrayed in the world.
>>
>So what is The opposite of Humanity?

Male society is conducted during the day - female society would be conducted during the night.

Male society is obsessed with life, and getting ahead in it - female society is obsessed with death, and killing seeds before they grow.

Male society is obsessed with youth - female society is obsessed with antiquity.

From all of this, we can infer that males are associated with a high temperature, and females are associated with a low temperature.

Consider ants, bees and wasps. Often active at night, and wasps inject their fertilized eggs into the larvae (Children) of ants and bees. The societies of these animals revolve around the queen, and notably every single ant, bee and wasp on Earth is cold-blooded.

The sacred union of male and female is required to fertilize the eggs, and warm the insects every morning. Female *must* intake male. You're a hermaphroditic fusion of Yin and Yang.

As commonly mentioned, there have never been any matriarchies. Heaven is opposite of Earth; Heaven is Dark, Dead, Masculine, Old and Cold. Earth is Light, Alive, Feminine, Youthful and Hot.

On Earth, women obey men - in Heaven, men obey women. Thus, the opposite of humanity is feminine divinity - goddesses.
>>
>>16936209
>doesn't understand non-duality
>>
>>16936698

Bravo great train of thoughts.
>>
File: Dolphins.jpg (42 KB, 499x297) Image search: [Google]
Dolphins.jpg
42 KB, 499x297
>>16936365
>>
>>16936698
intredasting
>>
>>16936351
>opposite of a paradox
A seemingly uncontradictory and perfectly rational statement that is in fact untrue.
>>
>>16936209
Young and old are not ends. Life and death is.
>>
>>16936217
Death is a part of life
>>
File: 1446443662293.jpg (142 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
1446443662293.jpg
142 KB, 500x305
>>16936209
This is what I believe.

A duality of things is a funny game your ego plays because it's only capable of observing in terms of what it exists and what does not, which is dependent on sensory input through our body, but the ego is only a complex thought.

Humanity is an idea but in truth we are a function by which the universe attempts to become self aware to sustain itself infinitely, since information cannot be destroyed and we have ourselves become self aware we are all individual information processors scurrying around trying our best to sustain this form and multiply, then we gathered around a fire with others like us in wonder of this process.

Although we can imagine whatever we want about the universe, and explore and test it to see how it ticks, we already know this process exists, that we are a part of it, and that is a good thing, it's a lot better than nothing.

Since there is something rather than nothing, there must always be something rather than nothing. And it was so.
>>
>>16936698
But I'm just like wat do you mean female society is obsessed with antiquity or happens at night? I mean it is day and I am habbening.....pls explain
>>
File: 1446171183844.jpg (120 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1446171183844.jpg
120 KB, 501x585
>>16936209
>what is The opposite of Humanity
>>
>>16936209
Humanity is a space between all these things, not an extreme.
>>
Robots
>>
Robots. The answer is so simple yet you idiots dont get the idea of it.
>>
>>16938808
Robotnik, a slave.
>>
>>16936209
Inhumanity/Demonic entities.
>>
>>16936233
Not tumblr. Fuck off.
>>16936209
Maybe Death. Biologically, I'd say insects and other hive-minded animals. Or plants, or fungus. Maybe even virus(es?)
>Maybe even skellingtons.
>>
Inhumanity. Duh.
>>
>>16936209
4chan...
>>
>>16938553
I'm with you, as a woman that made zero sense

>female society is obsessed with death, and killing seeds before they grow

Females bear and nurture new human life, both male and female, how can you argue we like "killing seeds before they grow"?
>>
>>16936209
The opposite of humanity would have to be what Satan tried to achieve with Nephilim and the soon to be Antichrist. He couldn't create life on his own so he perverted what already exists in an attempt to have his own creation. So in essence the opposite of humanity is impossible. We are a paradox
>>
>>16936209
Jews.
>>
>>16936698
You might be functionally retarded
>>
>>16936698
but what if Heaven is a Place on Earth?
>>
>>16936209
I feel that our twin or dual would be all that we believe to be not ourselves. but that is illusory
>>
>Life and death. Heat and cold. And of course, light and dark. Then, they came. And found the souls of Lords within the flames.
>>
humanity itself is a duality, men and women

There is no opposite of a species of something, what is the opposite of literally every other species? There is none, the duality is only in the gender.
>>
>>16942127
P R A I S E
R
A
I
S
E
>>
>>16936209
>Duality
It's simply the lens you're choosing to see things through.
You can see it as one, you can see it as 3.
>>
>>16936698

WRONG

female society is obsessed with the earth

male society is obsessed with the abstract

gg l2p
>>
File: 1424905253928.jpg (9 KB, 255x256) Image search: [Google]
1424905253928.jpg
9 KB, 255x256
robots nigga
>>
>>16944738
females are obsessed with appearance

males are obsessed with progress
>>
>>16944777
are you trying to disagree with me?

appearance is earthly.

progress is an abstract concept.
>>
>>16944783
no, but now i do alittle.
appearance isn't necessarily earthly, it is what appear.
progress is an inevitable process, as well as an abstract concept. there are many different ways to look at this
>>
>>16944798
i see you are misunderstanding why i meant by "earthly."everything you can see is earthly.
the tangible world. that is what women are obsessed with. nice clothes, their own looks, and their families.

where as men are obsessed with ideas, the invisible world. men seek progress, for example to make money for their loved ones. what they are focused on is not necessarily their family exactly, but rather their own sense of duty. honor, loyalty... etc. that's why you'll find women have no interest in honor, it is nothing to them. they cannot see it.
>>
>>16936209
But our Universe is not a dual one, anon. You got it all wrong.
>>
>>16936209
Saying
>what is the opposite of humanity?

is like saying

>what is the opposite of algebra?
>>
>>16944935
>>16944987
duality is indeed new age nonsense. there is not an opposite to everything. even in math there is not an opposite to everything.
>>
>>16944935
Yes it is
2=0
0=2
>>
>>16936698
you applied heaven with attributes you applied to female society but also masculinity, and earth with attributes you would apply to male society but also feminine.
>>
>>16945017
this is jewish nonsense designed to confuse you.

but i realize most of /x/ loves this bullcrap.

you know damn well that doesn't make sense. you can only "understand" it by destroying your innate sense of reason and judgement.

it's basically leftism for magicians.
>>
File: 1389453412116.jpg (140 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
1389453412116.jpg
140 KB, 680x684
>>16936209
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/playlists/the-tao-of-xavier/the-opposite-of-salt/

Yin... Yang... this world is stitched from a ballet of opposing forces. What's the opposite of day? "Night!" What's the opposite of black? "White!" What's the opposite of salt?
>>
>>16945113
sugar?
>>
>>16936698
>You're a hermaphroditic fusion of Yin and Yang.
check your privelage shitlord
>>
>>16936337

conception is the actual forming of the matter that makes up our bodies. when we die that matter just gets dispersed into different forms again. it's more of a assembly/dis-assembly process.
>>
>>16945092
How it doesn't make sense, anon?
>>
>>16936538

kek
>>
>>16936698

he said opposite of humanity not the difference between men and women retard.
>>
File: wartella.jpg (41 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
wartella.jpg
41 KB, 480x270
>>16945077

Consider it a koan about duality. Specifically, how any given object can be defined both as a Yin object and a Yang object. This would of course be the source of my claim that the reader is a hermaphroditic fusion of Yin and Yang.

The desire for clear distinctions is the source of duality, and the point is that these don't exist. Up and down are relative - masculinity and femininity are relative. Climbing to the summit of life is unsatisfying because without context, the summit becomes the literal new baseline - you can't admire the mountain from it's summit.

All too often, we take a male perspective. I don't mean that in a feminist way - sincerely try to see things from a female perspective. Firstly, you can't see the summit - a woman has never looked at herself and wanted to climb to the peak. Her heterosexuality is created because to her, a man is the mountain - there's nothing else to climb.

In other words, to a man, the self is Yang and the woman is Yin. To a woman, the self is also Yang and the man is Yin. Your Yin is her Yang, and your Yang is her Yin. Men and women, funnily enough, aren't different at all - and it's that similarity that allows them to see the other as alien, and thus delude the other that Brahman isn't looking out of both sets of eyes.

>>16945113

This is massive spiritual education, and a fine demonstration of what I'm talking about.

>>16945444

>Thus, the opposite of humanity is feminine divinity - goddesses

I gave him an answer to that question, which was wrapped within a larger answer that I felt would lead the OP to pleasurable philosophical insights - if he hasn't had them already.
>>
>>16945438
are you talking about decomposition?
because otherwise, i wanna see how you die.
>>
File: 41J6D-GNI7L.jpg (31 KB, 312x500) Image search: [Google]
41J6D-GNI7L.jpg
31 KB, 312x500
>>16945992
Protip: study western philosophy. You seem to be interested in philosophical issues, but what you've posted is honestly very trite.

There's been generations of people in the west who have devoted their lives to the issues you care about. Why ignore the immense value they could give you?
>>
>>16936209
I've come upon another trend, each opposite end cancels the other out in a way, so, the answer to your question would be: "what cancels humanity out?"
>>
>>16945992
>>16946359
you folks and your duality...

what's the opposite of a dog?

what's the opposite of zero?

what's the opposite of a planet?

duality is just a desperate attempt to simplify a complicated world.
>>
>>16936209
> duality
> duality
> duality
>>
>>16936209
NATURE
>>
the blacks
>>
>>16947113
spic detected
>>
>>16947036
> Opposite of a dog is a cat
> Opposite of zero is any number with a value above or below zero
> Opposite of a planet is a black hole.
>>
>>16947123
i knew someone would say the cat thing. don't be silly.

the opposite of -1 is surely 1. you are saying that the opposite of -1 is also 0? and the opposite or 1 is 0 as well. nonsense.

black holes... please. not even a confirmed phenomenon, pure theory.

i'm sorry to say things are not so black and white. but it would be nice.
>>
>>16947137
Yes the opposite of a dog is a cat the simple fact that you even recognized it as a potential answer from someone makes it that much more so think about it metaphysically we have built it up as a meme not just an internet meme but as a cultural meme that engulfs the whole of the human race. And why can it not be if its the opposite of zero its anything with a value even if its a negative value that's still the opposite of zero. And what the hell isn't theory I mean sure we could get a little more technical and say the opposite of a planet is just pure blank space. And I'm afraid to say this but every thing is black and white if you make the effort to force it into those set parameters
>>
>>16936209
Diety
>>
>>16936365
Back to >>>/pol/ with your racist crap
>>
>>16936209
ur mum
>>
>>16947186
my ability to imagine possible answers is not suggestive of anything other than my understanding of people. it is the most obvious and funny answer, that's all.

a dog is similar to a cat in almost every way. i have a dog and cats, right now they are all sleeping. that suggests opposite natures to you?

when it comes to numbers there are clear opposites. -1 is the opposite of 1, -2 goes with 2, etc. this doesn't work with the number 0.

we don't even know what a black hole is so you suggesting it being the opposite of anything just shows how desperate you are to prove duality is real.

i'm trying to help you here, man. you're making a mistake. i just realized that there may be an opposite to 0, if such a thing as "infinity" exists. however, this does not mean that duality is the rule.

there are many opposites, but many things stand alone. as i've stated, duality is an oversimplification of things.
>>
>>16936209
Humanity is just order arising out of the chaos of our existence.

> order and disorder

thermodynamics approves
>>
>>16947318
you make it sound so insignificant.

the entire universe is nothing but chaos, yet only on this little blue rock things are different. that's the definition of something special.

i know it sounds gay but it's the truth, learn to love it.
>>
>>16936209
Have you never played dark souls?
>>
>>16936209
Let's assume you're a human (part of humanity).

>Everything in the world seems to be two ends of the same rope.
We know from OP testimony that there is at least one person in the world that sees a duality to the world. We also know, from experience, that OP is always a faggot. Googling "incidence rate of homosexuality" (and skipping ads) leads us to the following Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_sexual_orientation#Top_cities
As we can see, homosexuality tops out at about 15% of the population for the gayest cities. Taking the worst case scenario imaginable, 15% of the entire world population (humanity) seems to think in dualistic terms. The remaining 85% go unaccounted for, leaving us with an image of humanity that's split 17:3 against dualism. Taking the polar opposite of that ratio, ie., the multiplicative inverse, we have:

- 85% dualism
- 15% unknown

If you can find a species with philosophical traits like that, you'll have your opposite of humanity, faggot.
>>
>>16936209
humanity is life

the answer is death
>>
>>16947533
>humanity A PART OF is life
Fixed. No charge.
>>
>>16947658
>humanity is a part of life
Ugh. I should pay attention to some of the things I bother doing.

FIXED.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.