[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genuinely scary movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
Can anyone recommend some scary movies? Not like scary movies you find in top 10 lists on Youtube, but i mean genuinely scary. I watched The Fourth Kind a few years ago, and even though it was a shitty movie, i found the whole atmosphere in it creepy.
>>
>Genuinely scary movies
>Fourth Kind
>>
The Exorcist III is a genuinely unsettling film. It's fucking great.
>>
The Last Airbender.
>>
>>16934483
I can vouch for this. It really is scary what he did to it.
>>
The Grifter Movie: Grift out of Water

also Grifterella & Grifters: Age of Griftron
>>
>>16934502
this desu
>>
>>16934454
Didn't mention that movie as genuinely scary. Just mentioned what i thought about the atmosphere, so that i atleast could start the thread with something.
>>
Schindler's Grift
Griftzilla
Griftter: Impossigrift - Grift Nation
Poltergrift
I Spit on Your Grift III - Vengeance is Grift
San Angriftus
The Human Grifterpede 3 - Grift Sequence
The Lazarus Grifect
The Grifting of Deborah Griftan
Grift Follows
[REC]4 - Apocagrift
Annagrift
V/H/S - Griftal
The Griftadook
Grift of Tomorrow - Grift, Grift, Repeat
>>
>>16934502
the grifter 3 : tokyo grift
>>
We Grift What We Grift
A Million Ways to Grift in the Grift
The Silence of the Grifts
Dead Grifter Society
Grift Club
The Adventures of Griftgrift - Secret of the Griftercorn
Grift Hawk Down
The Grift Sense
Grifternator - Griftersys
Grifty Wonka and the Chocolate Grifter
Grifternormal Activity - The Grift Dimension
Enemy at the Grift
The Grift of Wall Street
The Shawshank Griftemption
We Need To Talk About Grifters
The Incredible Grift
12 Years a Grift
Forgrifting Sarah Grifter
Grifter Phillips
>>
>>16934544
have sex with a once grifter and he jews you for life, worst std ever
>>
Grift of Steel
The Wicker Grift
The Griftering 2: The Enfield Griftergeist
This is the Grift
World War G
The Great Griftsby
Grifty Todd: The Demon Grifter of Grift Street
The Dark Grift Rises
No Country For Old Grift
Cannibal Griftercaust
Donnie Grifto
Grift Away
Leon: The Griftessional
>>
Sinister was a genuinely unsettling flick for me. They nailed it just right in terms of atmosphere. The commentaries on the dvd shed a lot of light on what the director had in mind.

Apparently he was heavily influenced by black metal aesthetic, even has a bunch of ulver tracks scattered throughout the film.
>>
>>16934428
Grift Wars: The Grift Awakens
>>
>>16934586
Also, looking at the rest of his filmography it makes me wonder how the hell he nailed it so right on with sinister, whether it was a fluke or what.
>>
>>16934586
>Sinister

Get off my /x/ you damn brats
>>
>>16934603
was mediocre at best, not even very frightening just boring

deborah logan was better FFS and that also sucked
>>
>>16934607
Elaborate?
>>
Grift:Grift in the city
Grift hour 2
A grift's life
The griftback of notre grift
Grifting Nemo
Dude, wheres my grift?
How to succeed in grift without really grifting
>>
>>16934428
Haha, it was not scary. I actually went to see this in the theatre on a tuesday. I was alone and sat in the front row.

Shit at the end was legit laughable.
>>
The Blob (1989)
Maybe this is due to the fact that I first watched this movie when I was in 2nd grade, but this is some freaky shit.
>>
I found the holy mountain to be freaky as shit. Lord of Tears is good too, really spooky. Event horizon is great
>>
Gonna put this out as a warning. Do not watch the Angels Melancholy.

You will see it paraded around as the scariest most disturbing and fucked up film you will ever see, but it's not. Just don't watch it.
It's a waste of time, and just 2 and a half hours of literally nothing, with occasional things like a pig being slaughtered on a farm to try and "shock" you.
>>
>>16934502
Get grift or die trying >>16934502
>>
>>16934609
>I think 2 jump scares from knock off Darth Maul in an entire movie are genuinely scary.
>>
>>16934860

>hasn't watched Sinister
>>
>>16934882
Shit anon, I was thinking of insidious.
>>
poughkeepsie tapes
>>
>>16934884

Forgiven. They are fairly similar, and I can see why people wouldn't like either.
But, to me, they are the popcorn flicks of the horror genre. They're fun to watch and fun to get scared at, but they aren't anything all that special.
>>
>>16934609
There's nothing scary about the guitarist from slipknot.
>>
Lake Mungo has a tense setting throughout and the one jump scare just gets u outta nowhere
>>
>>16934428
scary is what scares you as an individual.
find your niche in horror and go for that , explore yourself get to know yourself and overcome your fears.
>>
I'm assuming you've seen The Descent? That movie's pretty based, although admittedly I really like caves.
Also what >>16934778
said
>>
>>16934428
I know it's fashionable to hate it, but I thought The Blair Witch Project had some great moments in it.

Also some shots of the shark in Jaws literally make me curl my legs up, great film making, when it swims past the side boat before we've properly seen it and you can just barely make out how fucking massive it is.
>>
>>16934942
>the one jump scare just gets u outta nowhere
It would if that wasn't the thing that every single person who mentions the film brings up.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.