[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NASA Set To Make Huge Announcement On Thursday Regarding Mars'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: Mars__atmosphere_708.jpg (45 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
Mars__atmosphere_708.jpg
45 KB, 640x425
>On Thursday this week, NASA is going to reveal “key science findings” about the fate of the Martian atmosphere that remains, the majority of which has been lost over time. The data comes from the MAVEN (Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution) spacecraft, which is currently in orbit around Mars. The agency isn't releasing any more information at the moment.

So, aliens?
>>
File: 1349312439962.jpg (20 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1349312439962.jpg
20 KB, 500x333
"There was air!!!! But not no more" -NASA Official
>>
>Be NASA
>make irrelevant announcements and press conferences about stuff that no one gives a flying shit about
>divert the attention from the true questions
>won't give any details about genuine anomalies on Mars
>won't talk about intelligent life ever
NASA is the most useless american government agency. Fuck them.
>>
>>16930099
Probably this. It's going to fit some kind of agenda on earth.
>>
Me : Glass full of water
NASA : >huge announcement< we found water (!!!!) in THIS piece of SiO2
Everybody : yeah!
>>
>>16930058
NASA is getting desperate for funding now... It's like every other week with this huge announcement bullshit...

>PROTIP NASA:
Instead of sending dinky robots to learn literally fucking nothing, why don't you try building a spacecraft? The private enterprises are all building spacecraft, and they have funding..
>>
>>16930260
Because people don't trust the gov. (check any thread on here for proof) and it makes it hard to get any funding. People don't want them to do anything, because in their minds they already don't. The whole "muh moon landing" bullshit doesn't help progress at all. Those people are pretty much anti-progress shills and shills to sell books/documentaries. People are looking for crazy, life-altering discoveries about things. Thing is, that's not how science works. Of course they won't give time to the people that don't get the whole "human mind seeing familiar things in foreign objects" thing. It'd be like talking to a brickwall, only you'll be dumber afterwards.
>>
The Matt Damon movie must be sinking in the ratings, quick better call up Nasa!
>>
>>16930058
When are they gonna quit beating around the bush and fucking send someone there? Who cares if we get them back or not? They can sacrifice their own life for science.
>>
>>16930058
Look, people, if you're /sci/, these announcements are incredibly fascinating. But if you're just /x/ with no /sci/ or...you know, education or IQ, then they're not going to be what you want.
>>
>>16930384
this
>>
>>16930260
>unmanned probes are useless
>NASA isn't developing a new manned spacecraft
Both false, and the new private spaceship sare are developed using NASA funds and tech.
>>
>>16930106
"Most useless American government agency" is a hefty title
>>
>>16930391
I would put my hand up to volanteer so fucking quickly i would loose a layer of skin.
>>
>>16930384
It's about broken even with the studio budget.

What if they found small pockets of oxygen rich atmosphere?
>>
"Ask a biologist if alien life is possible. They'll tell you absolutely not. Ask a micro biologist, and they'll tell you absolutely."

They think Mars is the way it is because it's smaller than Earth. We are in the goldilocks zone of beimg perfectly big enough. Because Mars is so small, it's electromagnetic field was too weak to stop a massive solar wave from wiping away it's atmosphere long ago.

Which doesn't mean it couldn't of had life. It very well could have, before life there was wiped out.

I don't think life their would of had enough time to of advanced to intelligence high enough to create space flight before they were wiped out. I wouldn't be surprised if they found fossils there, but I expect they will mostly be the remains of space dinosaurs and derpy looking things.

A fascinating thing no one thinks about is the search to find other intelligent isn't stopped only by distance, but time as well. If aliens arrived millions of years ago, they would have left because it was a planet full of just giant stupid life forms.

A researcher pointed out something I thought was pretty amazing. If you think about it, aliens have no reason to visit us. Why bother mining a planet with life when anothet one is right next door that doesn't have pesky natives? They have no reason, except... us. Their only reason would be to learn about us. Our culture, our particular way of functioning. And I thinl that is great. Because they will have a mind and body language, and way of communicating so different, we will both not understand anything.
I expect the first meet will be like two painfully socially awkward teens at a prom. We go to shake hands and they wonder why we thrusted our appendage forward. They'll expell a gas and wave tentacles and we'll wonder what the hell that means.
It will be horrible and terribly hard to wrap our minds around each other.
But, we will share one thing that will bond us, curiosity.
>>
>>16930944
http://www.mars-one.com/
There you go senpai. First round of applications were closed back in 2013, but go ahead and sign up for the newsletter so you know when the next wave is.
>>
>>16930058
Yeah right...this is all just a bunch of bulls*** designed to siphon more tax dollars for their "indispensable" programs. All of these "big announcements" from NASA are designed to instill in the public the belief that Mars once sustained life, and, under the right circumstances, with a little help from man, it could become a green planet. Notice the sensational stories in the news about space programs which will eventually send manned trips to Mars, suggesting the possibility of future colonization. It's all crap, and it's all meant to manipulate us into thinking that their programs are indispensable for the future survival of the human race. Therefore, we gladly throw even more money at them (which is really used for Black Op military projects, like new weapons systems and experimental aircraft, i.e. "UFO's").
>>
>>16931143
>>16931143
>>>16930058 (OP)
>Yeah right...this is all just a bunch of bulls*** designed to siphon more tax dollars for their "indispensable" programs.

You're a fucking winner. Ding-fucking-ling bitches, Mr. NASA has a shit ton of funding, you win the ass rape. You do realize how very little funding they get, right? If you said, very little, you'd be right. But you're not, you're just a cunt that thinks worthwhile projects are shitty because you're dead to history, in your stubborn, mentally challenged way. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>16930106
>won't give any details about genuine anomalies on Mars
Yeah I wish NASA would waste time responding to all the dumbfucks losing their shit over rocks on mars!
>B-b-b-but this one totally looks like a rat guiseeee!!

>won't talk about intelligent life ever
Maybe because they haven't found any.
>>
>>16930260
>to learn literally fucking nothing
Just because you can't understand the things NASA have discovered doesn't mean they haven't learned anything.

>BAWWW WHERE MAH ALIENS AT!!!!
>NASA ARE SHIT AND THIS IS ALL POINTLESS!!!!!
>>
>>16930058
>nasa
>huge
>announcement
it's not happening in this combination.
>>
>>16930260
>what is the orion capsule

they are building a spacecraft, it's even been in mainstream media
>>
>>16931143
>NASA has limited funding
>Tries it's best to do what it can
>Gets called shills everytime

I'm getting sick of this.
>>
nasa funding comes from us tax payers.
>>
File: life on mars ooops.jpg (183 KB, 670x440) Image search: [Google]
life on mars ooops.jpg
183 KB, 670x440
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51DED8dcNkA
>>
They've found Mars Bars in the atmosphere and the illuminayyylmaos have been harvesting them to sell to us all so we all develop autism.

Illuminati confirmed.
>>
>>16932649
orbital mars bar, num num num drool.
>>
>>16932526
Nice rock. Did you forget to take your meds again moon moon?
>>
>>16932526
Clearly a rodent of some sort and not a fucking rock.

What's more likely? NASA sent a robot to Mars and found a living creature in a barren wasteland or they're doing donuts somewhere on a test sight in Nevada/AZ?

I choose the latter.

>inb4 muh Pareidolia
>>
>>16930337
>People don't want them to do anything, because in their minds they already don't.

Well, no, they do stuff, like, randomly turn off live feeds, censor images, refuse to release data, etc.

Maybe we want to fund someone who will actually be transparent and open with their findings. Why is that such an issue? What like NASA is going to get patent jacked?
>>
>>16930863
Unmanned probes are pretty much useless. As far as skeptics are concerned, images of stuff don't prove anything or provide any sort of evidence. The capacity of rovers and orbiters to test atmosphere, geological junk, etc, is incredibly limited compared to what one astronaut with like 300lbs of equipment could achieve.

And their new spaceship is going nowhere. Okay. The F-22 can't fly in the rain. I have no faith in American aerospace.
>>
>>16931251
Yeah man. Discovering water on a planet that has ice caps is fucking intense. NASA is really pushing the bounds of our understanding of this universe.
>>
>>16931244
good goy
>>
>>16934990
Like I said, you have no idea what the significance of any of these findings are.
>>
>>16934982
>As far as skeptics are concerned, images of stuff don't prove anything or provide any sort of evidence.
Good thing NASA isn't doing this to prove all these skeptics wrong then.
>>
File: 1446505344289.png (208 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1446505344289.png
208 KB, 361x691
>>16934982
>my militant-industrial aircraft has a glaring design flaw
>so the engineers at nasa could not possibly be smarter
Wut
>>
>>16934962
>>16934962
>clearly a rat
>with no visible tail or head
>clearly

I'm not sure you know what you're saying
>>
>>16934982
Unmanned probes are cheaper. Not that any of this is cheap. Just cheaper and less risky than sending people out.
If we increased NASA funding perhaps they could send more manned expeditions, however fuckfaces like you continue to give them the shaft while masturbating all over the military, which is a gigantic waste of funding and manpower and manhours.
>>
>>16935020
And I suppose you do, oh great oracle?
I know they have 'discovered' water on mars repeatedly since the Viking mission in the 70's. They already know there is methane, ammonia and formaldehyde in the martian atmosphere- biomarkers-in 1976, yet they have repeatedly announced methane clouds like its news in 2004, 2009 and 2012. Viking, the only probe which has ever directly looked for life, carried out an experiment called labelled release, which came back positive for bacterial life, pyrolitic release detected organic chemicals being manufactured in the soil- however, because the GCMS didnt detect carbon, NASA threw out the first 2 results and said 'no life'. The twist is, the GCMS was known to be malfunctioning before Viking left earth. NASA have been proven to be changing the colour of their images to make them more red- caught out by their own colour calibration charts on the landers. On and on- I dont believe a word they say- Never A Straight Aswer.
>>
>>16930058
>there was once a rock from earth
>picture of a shitty pebble
>someone must have slingshot red it there
>gov't lies
>moon landing lie
>nobember 5
>habbeding
>>
>>16934962
Why would nasa spend retard amounts of money to blast rockets into the stratosphere only to play with expensive remote control cars in the desert. The government is that hellbent on rushing all of us? Think about the wasted money that could be put towards building tanks to kill sand niggers. The American dream is alive and well.
>>
>>16930058
The human predecessor, actually. Like Terran... They done fucked up the first planet and had to move on to another, completely wiping out the "old" tech so that we wouldn't follow in their ruinous foot-steps. Thanks to other moron species crashing on our new planet, that's all been ruined, though. COULDN'T JUST LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE.
>>
File: false-vampire-bat.jpg (171 KB, 1000x714) Image search: [Google]
false-vampire-bat.jpg
171 KB, 1000x714
>>16934962
>tinfoil hat
>another rock in picture similar to smooth, curved shape, but clearly a rock
>But no, this other one's a rat, guise!
It's a rock. They're all rocks.
>>
Is Nasa paranormal?
>>
>>16935172
Yes.
>>
How is NASA paranormal?

Serious question not being edgy
>>
>>16935247
The horrible, shocking truth is I was being sarcastic.
>>
>>16930260
>Instead of sending dinky robots to learn literally fucking nothing, why don't you try building a spacecraft? The private enterprises are all building spacecraft

Protip: Humans can't survive prolonged spaceflight or on other planets/moons for long. It's going to be more like going to Australia in the 1800's, you will be forced to go, or tricked.
>>
>>16935066
Underrated post.
>>
>>16935035
The military has serious funding, and their best engineers made a several billion dollar blunder.

I think NASA could not possibly stand a chance.
>>
>be mars
>be all mysterious and shit
>ice, water, rivers, methane
>laugh at shitty earth from a distance
>haha shitty earth don't know shit
>earth sends robot
>life everywhere
>fuck better hide
>kek you can't find us
>robot don't find shit
>robot dies
>haha shitty earth don't know shit
>the end
>>
>>16935061
We should just merge NASA and the navy. Gonna end up that way sooner or later, once we have interstellar vessels. If we do it sooner, NASA gets funding and military gets to kick them in the ass so they actually do something with the funding. Unlike last time. You know, how they like, went to the moon, then milked that cow for like 40 years while sitting on ass.
>>
>>16930058
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-mars-announcement-red-planet-s-atmosphere-was-blown-away-by-huge-bursts-of-gas-from-the-sun-a6723171.html
>>
>>16931143
NASA gets a very small fraction of GDP for their funding. Investing in NASA virtually always brings back returns too. Did you know microwaves and velcro came from NASA, in addition to a shit ton of other things your ignorant ass uses every day?

You're fucking clueless. If you want to protest wasteful spending, start talking about reforming the tax code, reforming the welfare system, and cutting back on military spending. Aiming at NASA is fucking stupid.
>>
>>16930058

will they finally confirm ayy lmaos in the atmos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXu80NLjv9g
>>
>>16935808
You seem like you have no idea how much waste and poor organization is in the military. You really sound like you have no idea what you're talking about, because everything you're saying is total nonsense.
>>
>>16936010
yes but what have they come up with more recently that made money? aerogel lmao try again.

make things that are practical and you get money its simple but nasa didnt want to listen
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.