[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UVB-77 Station
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 96_big.jpg (72 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
96_big.jpg
72 KB, 700x466
Hey /x/, I recently found out about this russian broadcast station, but I haven't found what exactly it is for or what it broadcasts.

The russian government hasn't given out any answers and although some believe it's just a military station giving orders, it has been found out by an observatory that the frequency it uses (4625 kHz) causes odd changes in the ionosphere.

Pic related its the station.

What do you guys think?
>>
No idea but sounds interesting
>>
This is OP,

The station has supposedly been around since 1987 I believe, it's been dubbed "The Buzzer" due to its monotonous buzzing, which it does 25 times a minute 24/7 nonstop, unless there are coded orders being broadcast.

Vidya is a sample of the buzzing:
https://youtu.be/-2EKWgTNEYU
>>
It looks old, abandoned, and unguarded. I don't know the Russian government very well, but if it's giving out military orders, wouldn't there be like, more protection? I mean, the photo was taken that close and not a single guard is in sight?

Still interesting that it's broadcasting something but we'll probably never know.
>>
>>16928374
you mean uvb 76 aka the buzzer?
>>
>>16928421
Yeah that's interesting
I wonder if there's any photos of the inside
See what the source of the transmission is

This thread is making me want to start up stalker again.
>>
>>16928456
Typo'd, sorry about that!
>>
>>16928475
its a russian number station, meaning it gives codes for military exercises the station is located in moscow, nothign really spoopy about it
>>
File: 1446560758393.jpg (24 KB, 294x300) Image search: [Google]
1446560758393.jpg
24 KB, 294x300
>>16928374
yfw it's used as a distraction to keep people looking at something that has no meaning to cover up russia doin other spoopy shit
>>
>>16928503
Wouldn't surprise me desu.
>>
>>16928374
That is the old building where it broadcasted during Cold War.
I think it was relocated somewhere else during 2010/2011 and it saw a peak of activity during 2014 when Crimea was invaded.
The buzzer was originally an analogic device that countinously emitted the sound through a speaker.
The source of sound was switched to a digital device when the station was repurposed/relocated.
i occasionally heard strange noises as if someone was broadcasting random shit on the same frequency or slight variations of the buzzer sound.
>>
If it's 24/7, a lot of governments do that to sort of "hold" the channel so no one else broadcasts on it, and they can use it when they need to for whatever reason. And that particular station was moved to the southwest suburbs of Moscow, near a military base. Pretty standard stuff, actually. Very cool stuff to be sure.
>>
Its supposedly an open mic infront of a buzzer. Every once in a while it sounds like there are people talking behind it. Last time I heard anything from it was something like the day before russia invaded crimea. Don't remember myself the wiki is a pretty interesting read.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76
>>
>>16928374
The odd changes in the ionosphere are a result of the sky wave propogation that allows you to listen in on it from so far away. Basically, the radio waves bounce back and forth between the ionosphere and the ground until the signal peters out, allowing it to travel beyond line of sight. Could be a time station, like 10.000 megahertz upper sideband. Or part of the rumored soviet Dead Hand system. Or just reporting the status on some old forgotten power station. I haven't bothered looking for any of the translated transcripts of its broadcasts, but hearing it does remind me of a timekeeping station in another language. Take the speculation on what it is with a grain of salt.
>>
>>16928421
Guarding something irl isn't like in games and movies with 50 guys ready to shoot on sight 24/7.
>>
NOT CORY IN THE HOUSE
>>
>>16929013
Yes it is if it's a highly sensitive military installation which is what is being implied
>>
oh god this shit been posted here since 08.
>>
>>16928402
That's UVB-76, I don't know if it's a typo but op's on about UVB-77
>>
>>16929116
No it isn't. It's cameras and proximity sensors and when something happens guards are sent to investigate.
Of course there's traditional guard duty around the world but that's not some mandatory thing for a "secret" place.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.