[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you Truly reached Enlightenment? Be honest with yourself.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 15-09-30-17-08-48-994_deco.jpg (852 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
15-09-30-17-08-48-994_deco.jpg
852 KB, 960x1280
Have you Truly reached Enlightenment?

Be honest with yourself.
>>
>>16928010
Yeeeah baby
>>
>>16928010
Car hasn't broken 200 mph yet.
>>
File: random_voltaire_generator.jpg (3 KB, 124x160) Image search: [Google]
random_voltaire_generator.jpg
3 KB, 124x160
Voltaire was a philosopher of the Enlightenment.

> "Indeed you are in a bad way to be free like your dog! Do you not eat, sleep, propagate like him, even almost to the attitude? Do you want the sense of smell other than through your nose? Why do you want to have liberty otherwise than your dog has? B: But I have a soul which reasons much, and my dog reasons hardly at all." - Voltaire

> "A tree has the faculty of receiving in its fibres its sap which circulates, of unfolding the buds of its leaves and its fruit; will you ask what the soul of this tree is? it has received these gifts; the animal has received those of feeling, of memory, of a certain number of ideas." - Voltaire

> "This remark is rather foreign to the article SOUL; but should one miss an opportunity of dismaying those who make themselves unworthy of the name of men of letters, who prostitute the little mind and conscience they have to a vile self-interest, to a fantastic policy, who betray their friends to flatter fools, who in secret powder the hemlock which the powerful and malicious ignoramus wants to make useful citizens drink? In short, while we worship God with all our soul, let us confess always our profound ignorance of this soul, of this faculty of feeling and thinking which we possess from His infinite goodness." - Voltaire

> "The lawyer and the financier would be better off in France than elsewhere." - Voltaire

> "The water of the Nile had later the same virtue as the water of the Ganges: to these purifications other ceremonies were added: I avow that they were still more impertinent." - Voltaire

> "She answers that it was by their way of bowing." - Voltaire

> "Spinoza was not only atheist, but he taught atheism; it was not he assuredly who took part in the judicial assassination of Barneveldt; it was not he who tore the brothers De Witt in pieces, and who ate them grilled." - Voltaire
>>
>>16928010
Nope. I'm far too attached to the physical plane. I think I may have had incarnations in monastery-type environments, and in this life, despite being spiritual as fuck, I'm loving just being here and all it has to offer. I'll do enlightenment some other time.
>>
>>16928010
I actually did, absolute mad man.
>>
>has reached enlightment
>lurks /x/

Choose 1
>>
>>16928125
We do not see the world as it is, we see the world as we are. If you believe that you could never find an enlightened teacher on /x/, then you never will. If on the other hand you believe that such teachers may choose to work here on /x/, then you might find them.
>>
>>16928111

I'm more or less in the same spot as this guy
>>
>>16928165
I know I know but, man,

Do you really expect such a spiritual individual to feel the need to go on the internet and share his opinion ?

I'm sorry but I think 4chan is some sort of learning ground. Those who are interested and look for spirituality can come here, but once they've found it, they never return.
>>
>>16928165
Yes, thank you my good friend.
Have a good week, all.
>>
I have a lightbulb in my room.
>>
>>16928188
Take your point, but everyone will have different reasons for coming here. I'm not claiming enlightenment, but I have been around a while studying this stuff. I only recently started spending more time here on /x/. I've found that replying to some posts has helped me get back into writing after some time off. So it's not totally altruistic, neither is it just ego-tripping. And I can learn here, as well.

My 'see the world' comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek. I don't know if we would ever get an ascended Master to post here. But if they saw a need, who knows? I'm guessing they wouldn't advertise themselves as such though.
>>
>>16928010
lol someone who is truly enlightened can perform miracles, I don't think anyone on /X/ can do that
>>
>>16928010

I did, once.

> on the train from work to home.
> Go sit down and stare into nothing as I wait for my stop.
> Body does not feel, I do not see anything, but the same thing i was staring at at the start. Nothing moves
> Train conductor shakes my shoulder, asks if i am high.
> I have been staring straight in front of me for several hours.
> Conductor started to doubt if I was even breathing
> Conductor watched me for 20 something minutes, I did not blink.

The wierd thing is that for me it felt like only several seconds have passed, like dozing of for a bit. But with open eyes. And for hours. I did not notice any of the people sitting across or next to me leaving the train. Was really wierd. My thoughts did not wander. I did think of nothing. Like I was not thinking at all. My mind felt really empty for some days after it.

Never reached that state of mind again. tried meditation just to get back to it. No succes so far.
>>
File: 1375289186201.gif (1 MB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
1375289186201.gif
1 MB, 300x192
>>16929527
inb4 actually high
>>
>>16929540
When you are high, you perceive. You think everything is deeply philosophical and see hallucinations. Only ''drug'' I was on was caffeine. Drugs only fills your head more. That is the opposite of what i was experiencing.

Google ''tukdam'' its basically people dying from meditating so deep they leave this realm. Might have been close to that. And thus, arguably, to ''true'' enlightenment.

‘If the person is able to remain in this state for more than three weeks – which rarely happens – his body gradually shrinks, and in the end all that remains from the person is his hair, nails, and clothes. Usually in this case, people who live next to the monk see a rainbow that glows in the sky for several days. This means that he has found a ‘rainbow body’. This is the highest state close to the state of Buddha’. - Dr Barry Kerzin
>>
>>16928010
No, because I am a material person, in a material reality, on a material earth, so no its impossible to reach enlightenment. Check your Facts.
>>
>Enlightenment

I think ive reached like level one, where I have come to terms with the nature of reality; that life isnt this romantic thing, but rather cruel and indifferent of human desire.

So the first stage of enlightenment is pretty much nihilism.
>>
>>16929584
Someone hasn't done many (any) drugs.
>>
>>16928010
cool picture fambro where is that taken
>>
>>16928188
Why would someone who came here seeking enlightening, who then attained Enlightenment choose to stop coming here after? "Before Enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment; chop wood, carry water." I think you've failed to grasp the deeper meaning of that quote.....
>>
>>16928010
I think it's a trick question bro...
>>
File: 1421546154629.jpg (109 KB, 480x1084) Image search: [Google]
1421546154629.jpg
109 KB, 480x1084
>>16928010
Depends if Enlightenment is a desire to know more never fading, then yes. But like a lot of others here, I'm much to attached to the physical plane.
>>
>>16929788
Well nihilism is more that ultimately nothing matters. You can have a cruel physical existence with some kind of reward at the end like heaven or whatever to make it all worthwhile.
>>
>>16928010

No but I feel I might be closer than others.

I'm a pretty cheery guy and I'm very observant about the world around me, or at least I try to be.
>>
Maybe. I have no material desires i can think of to bring me back. Part of me still wants to fall in love and have a kid or two but i know that will all bring more sadness than happiness.

I used to find my drive in life by helping other people and enjoying their company but events in my life and the world at large have both made me lose faith in humanity, and also start thinking it's not my place to interfere. So i don't even have that reason to come back anymore. Hopefully there's a loophole in the Boddhisattva vow i can use to get out of it and i'm not forced to come back.
>>
>>16928010
>using 4chan

nope
>>
>>16930053
>>16930053
Holy shit this post describes my feelings exactly.
>>
>>16928010
Have I reached Enlightenment? no but I am still more enlightened than most people out there and strive to be more so every day. If one can truly say they are enlightened then they are lying to you and themselves because it is a never ending journey.
>>
>>16928111
>>16928173
But anons, enlightenment is loving the moment and appreciating every experience life has to offer
>>
>>16928010
No because it's an unattainable standard. You'd have no more concerns and life is full of them.
>>
Ever since I got arrested and bailed out by my family I have been rethinking about life and began isolating myself from others. Quit smoking, drinking and playing games and started backtracing everything I have done. Grades have improved but I still feel guilt which is keeping me from smiling off with life. Still trying to get a grasp why we all have to live this way and go through hard times...I need more patience though. Whenever someone says something really negative, I retaliate negatively and I need to fix that problem. Enlighten doesn't really come easily like people say so on the Internet. It takes years of mental, emotional, and physical improvement.
>>
Enlightenment?
Son, I've reached the pinnacle of cynicism.
Nobody can say anything that can make me give a shit.
So... yes, this jackass has reached true enlightenment.
>>
>>16930138

If you're striving to be more enlightened every day, you might just be the person in this thread that's the furthest away from it.
>>
>>16928010

No, but I'm getting close.

Still enjoying life that's all that matters.
>>
>>16928010
When you say "enlightenment", what do you mean? How do you define it?

The moment you try is the moment you prove that you have yet to reach it. Think of the fool who knows that he knows and the wise man who knows that he doesn't.
>>
>>16930446
have you read A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle?
>>
The true goal of enlightenment, nirvana is to end all suffering and help others do the same as well. After you go through enough hell it becomes simple.
>>
>>16930725
The agreement to help others is optional. There's actually another word similar to bodhisattva for someone who is liberated from the cycle of rebirth but chooses not to return to help people.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.