[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life after death-- do you believe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
i would like to hear the opinions of those who dont believe in life after death. Why do you believe this current exsistance is the only life you'll live? Its pretty ignorant and foolish in my opinion. I aint even religious.
>>
well you cant really know until you die but scientifically when you die you die ther isnt any proof that you would somehow still keep existing
>>
Well is that because science can only decipher things of the physical world? Have you heard about DMT? Both the substance and the chemicals in our brains? and when we die i believe that our physical bodies/ego dies but not the soul. The soul is who we truly are. It is what brings unison to the universe as a whole
>>
Once you die it is Judgement Day

Please turn to Yahweh and walk in his ways
>>
i don't WANT to believe in it, despite seeing a bunch of evidence in my life
>>
The answer is either nothingness or reincarnation. Both options suck.

Those who report past life memories generally do not report reasons for why they return. If those people are stating a truth about past lives then it leads to the conclusion that eveybody gets reincarnated but we remember nothing. Its effectively a never-ending hell of repetition.

Nothingness may be preferable to it. The only way out would require physical immortality through technological means and that may never happen. Certainly not within our current lifetimes.
>>
>>16927406
I'm looking for something to happen but nothing. I'll bite: what's the image?
>>
File: 976274.jpg (48 KB, 640x412) Image search: [Google]
976274.jpg
48 KB, 640x412
Regardless of whether there is an afterlife or not, it is still the dissolution of your existing personality, ergo, it might as well be a complete annihilation of the soul.

Soul You is not going to be the same critter as Body You. Hell, an organic brain injury can completely alter your personality - imagine what death does.
>>
I have two personal anecdotes that I like to share in these threads. They are real to me. I tried to suicide twice now. Currently I have given up and have no reason to love or die, so I just keep experiencing.

1: Tried to kill myself through a car accident so my family wouldn't know I was sad. I ran a red going 90km/h without a seatbelt. I entered the intersection and was about to hit the trailer of a semi truck. Time stopped and I heard the phrase "No". It was fucked up. Like reality paused except for me, I didn't even hear anything just the no. Then my car jumped/reset/teleported back to the stop line and was stopped with my foot on the brake, Music was playing and and things were moving again. I was stopped at the red light.

2: a little scared, and thinking maybe hurting others to suicide was the problem I got a revolver. Can't fuck up with those, fully loaded it. In my mouth. Pull the trigger. Gunshot, things be hazy, remember falling, paralyzed, my face warm and wet, darkness. Then I'm aware of myself again. Open my eyes. I've got the gun in my hand and I'm back on the chair. Try again, click, click, wtf, click click click. Check chamber all bullets in there. Sobbing mess now, point gun at lamp. Fire. Gunshot. Last bullet wasn't a dud but first 5 were.

I have no fear of death. I'm terrified by the prison of life.
>>
>>16928719
I wish stories like this were true. Life would be so much more interesting.
>>
>>16927406
when you fill your life with love you see the love in others. you project it.

i have died. i drown and was brought back to life.

the experience was life changing.when i died, like many say its a white light everywhere. it envelopes you like the most comfortable blanket you have ever felt. instant removal of all fear, anxiety, dough. a sensation of this love so filling and comforting. most of all, my favorite feeling in dying was the feeling of being home. the return to where i came. where we all come from (source) God, Allah, ext... it goes by many names. but its all the same place.
there is no need for religion in this life. God is in you. you are your church. you are the beacon that receives the power from above. look to yourself to find God.

existence is eternal. it never ends. for we are spirit beings of light. light dose not corrode, decay, or stop existing. it is energy that can be transmuted into anything. i believe we come to this place we call life by choice as spirit. as spirit we are all knowing. not exactly the most exiting thing there is. when you know what your Christmas gifts are, it takes out the mystery. you no longer yearn for knowledge. you no longer have question when you know all the answers. we come here to experience the thrill of not knowing, all over again.

when on an endless journey that is existence. you have to stop to see the sites along the way. because in reality that's all you will ever have is the moments. live in the moment, joy lives there.
>>
>>16928719
Quantum immortality
>>
Do you believe you come from something before you're born> why is it foolish that life ends with your brain dying? You think with your brain, if your brain is damaged you're not there anymore why would you be thinking... etc. while dead... ridiculous
>>
>>16928359
How would DMT work if someone was incinerated by a nuke. The brain couldn't dump a bunch of DMT at that point
>>
It just seemed to make sense to me that I came into existence, and I will fade out of existence.
>>
>>16927406
It's a nice thought, but there's no evidence of it
>>
>>16927406
>Why do you believe this current exsistance is the only life you'll live?

Empirical evidence.

/thread
>>
>>16927406
>Its pretty ignorant and foolish in my opinion.
See, it's one thing to believe in a life after death, but this is what disappoints me in other people so much.

The only evidence we have is that when you break things too severely, they stop working. All evidence, all precedent we have is that a dead human equals the death of that person's personality, their ego, their spirit in every sense. We have no evidence, none, of anything beyond that. So by what basis do you consider a viewpoint that conforms precisely to what's known, experienced, rational and plausible "foolish"? Simply because it doesn't conform to what you want to believe? Because it doesn't pander to a fantasy? Are you just trolling?

The trouble is that people who aren't trolling, whether you are or not, do express this same silly outlook. Again, it's one thing to believe in an afterlife if you want to, but to call others foolish for not believing in something for which there is absolutely no reason to believe in? That demonstrates both stupidity and hostility, a closed mind that gets angry to learn that other minds think different things. It's a bad way to exist, by any definition.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.