[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody here had contact with an enlightened person? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 1433031810838.jpg (91 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1433031810838.jpg
91 KB, 600x600
Has anybody here had contact with an enlightened person?

I don't believe anyone who is truly enlightened would visit this site, but it's more believable that someone had good enough karma to had contact with an enlightened person might occasionally visit here.

Note that I do not use the word enlightened lightly. Too many people are throwing around that term thinking that they became enlightened because of that one time or another they felt bliss during meditation.

What a silly notion, I won't allow myself and I suggest others to not allow themselves to be so easily led astray.

But still I'm curious if anybody here has met an enlightened person. I believe I have found writings of one enlightened person, written in 2013, that is good enough for me to believe that such a thing is actually possible.
>>
>>16926080
Yes i have lives ago. This is a worthy place to be because there is ignorance. I came for the wicked that they may be made righteous, not to have a tea party with the already righteous and suck each other's dicks. That comes after ;)
>>
>>16926092
You don't sound like you're even on the right path to become enlightened.
>>
When it comes to the term enlightenment the west has gotten their filthy twitchy fingers on the name and muddied it with a second meaning.

Which is another reason why people freely throw around the term enlightenment.

Enlightenment to the West is just another word for mindfulness.

In the East such silly notion wouldn't fool anybody. Yes it's true that there is only NOW, but enlightenment is so much more than that.
>>
Of course this important thread is just going to just drop off the site with few comments. As expected of 4chan.
>>
>>16926080
I have associated with a number of people I consider to be self-realized souls. Some of them were even still alive, by which I mean there is no difference between associating with an enlightened person through their physical presence and associating with them through their words.

>>16926144
Enlightenment IS a Western term. It's a philosophical movement that happened in Europe in the 17th-18th century. The term wasn't applied to Buddhism until the 1930s. Still I'd be interested in how you would recognize an enlightened person.

The Gita's brief summary on how to recognize a person situated in transcendence:

>Bg 2.54 — Arjuna said: O Kṛṣṇa, what are the symptoms of one whose consciousness is thus merged in transcendence? How does he speak, and what is his language? How does he sit, and how does he walk?
>Bg 2.55 — The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: O Pārtha, when a man gives up all varieties of desire for sense gratification, which arise from mental concoction, and when his mind, thus purified, finds satisfaction in the self alone, then he is said to be in pure transcendental consciousness.
>Bg 2.56 — One who is not disturbed in mind even amidst the threefold miseries or elated when there is happiness, and who is free from attachment, fear and anger, is called a sage of steady mind.
>Bg 2.57 — In the material world, one who is unaffected by whatever good or evil he may obtain, neither praising it nor despising it, is firmly fixed in perfect knowledge.
>Bg 2.58 — One who is able to withdraw his senses from sense objects, as the tortoise draws its limbs within the shell, is firmly fixed in perfect consciousness.
>>
>>16926080

Enlightenment doesn't exist. It's a New Age fraud.
>>
>>16926080
Ive experienced it just not in it permanently. To describe what its like its like a lightning bolt shoots up your spine and stays and it feels like your getting the electric chair but the energy is bliss.
>>
>>16927672
What methods did you use to get the lower energies to shoot so powerfully to the top of the head? Did it happen by accident?
>>
File: kundalini.jpg (12 KB, 199x273) Image search: [Google]
kundalini.jpg
12 KB, 199x273
>>16927675
Was contemplating Spanda. I was thinking the energy of objective reality and energy of consciousness are literally one and the same energy and therefore literally the same. Happened by accident. Spanda Karikas The Divine Creative Pulsation by Jaideva Singh is the deepest book Ive ever came across. It even says in one of the last pages the books only meant for those who have experienced enlightenment and are just not permanently in it. Its an in depth explanation of the Shiva Sutras: Yoga of Supreme Identity which is a top 3 deepest book out there.

It was like my mind went away and when I came back i didn't come back all the way. I had also smoked a blunt. There was this neutral energy moving up my spine from the area of the kanda the triangle spot at the bottom of the spine. Just felt like if you where to touch your spine and move a finger up, same kind of feeling but in the spine. Once it hit the manipura chakra the power chakra in the spine opposite the belly button it turned into a lightning bolt. It was seemingly infinite bliss in my whole body and yet in the brain was like the intensity of the whole body but just in my brain surging back in on itself over and in an infinity sign front to back.
>>
Does enlightened mean fucking retarded?
>>
File: OM.jpg (546 KB, 1113x1167) Image search: [Google]
OM.jpg
546 KB, 1113x1167
>>16927675
It was just infinite bliss at first. I knew what I was experiencing so wondered whats worth contemplating in such a state. OM was the only worthy thing I could think of. And holy shit did I get what I asked for. Went from nothing to so subtle and grew exponentially until I was hearing it infinitely loud. It was like hearing all the energy in the universe and it sounded like an engine. It sounded like those souped up muscle cars at the track but infinitely loud. It made me experience infinite terror along with the infinite bliss. Fucking horrifying! I think its the sound of consciousness working and in that state beyond scary. Makes getting murdered slowly look like a fun time in comparison to the awesomeness of that.
>>
>>16927701

Sweet role-play bro
>>
>>16927672
>Enlightenment is a physical feeling

>I also smoked a blunt.

good night /x/ I'm sick of this bullshit.
>>
>>16927694
Let me take a wild guess you're a materialist?
>>
>>16927702
no its true I've talked about it different times on here and always say the same shit.
>>
File: Sadhu5.jpg (35 KB, 512x341) Image search: [Google]
Sadhu5.jpg
35 KB, 512x341
>>16927703
Ganja is the sacrament in Saivism I follow Trika Shaivism the deepest tradition in India. Look up David Sperro he has a billion youtube clips and all he talks about is the bliss of enlightenment; he cuts right to the chase. He found permanent enlightenment from the same tradition and now just tries to have everyone feel it for themselves. Ganja is the sacrament cause its a dissociative and a psychedelic in one and makes deep meditation easier; its like steroids for meditation. I can experience bliss whenever I want sober but I guess thats cause I use to smoke weed a decade ago.
>>
>>16927703
Being aware of the deepest reality is enlightenment. The deepest reality exists beyond unconsciousness it is known as turiya. It has nothing to do with conceptuality. Its experienced as infinite bliss. It is what the mystics called god, heaven, nirvana, moksha, enlightenment.
>>
What do you mean by enlightenment, op? If you mean someone like Buddha or Jesus it's not likely those exist today. Someone with lots of spiritual wisdom like a non-fake religious leader? Either way I haven't met any.
>>
>>16927706

Stop confirming how fucking retarded you are, jesus christ
>>
>>16927776
You sure brah? 160 IQ 4.0 GPA at college

So tell me who does that confirm as retarded?
>>
>>16927089
>Enlightenment IS a Western term. It's a philosophical movement that happened in Europe in the 17th-18th century. The term wasn't applied to Buddhism until the 1930s.

I would deeply want a source for this statement.
>>
>>16927952
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lewis-richmond/cultural-history-of-enlightenment_b_926001.html
>Though 19th century translators of Buddhist texts sometimes used the word "enlightenment" to refer to Gautama's moment of spiritual awakening on seeing the morning star, the first time a large number of general English readers saw the word used as a spiritual term was with the publication Essays on Zen Buddhism First Series by D.T. Suzuki in the 1930s. Before that time the word referred to the 18th century rationalist movement in Europe that strove to understand the world using logic and reason.

>D.T. Suzuki used the word "enlightenment" to translate the Japanese term satori¸ and his recounting of the enlightenment stories from the Zen koan literature made quite a splash among intellectual elites at the time. From that time forward, the idea of a sudden transformative spiritual experience became embedded in Western cultural imagination. It is worth nothing that D.T. Suzuki paid relatively little attention in his writings to the Buddhist practices of precepts, mindfulness, meditation, and the monastic life.

Though digging around found me this
https://persistentenlightenment.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/the-enlightenment-the-oed-and-the-history-of-concepts-with-ngrams/
Which has an Ngram showing the word Enlightenment wasn't really used at all until the beginning of the 1900s.

And then there's just looking at the definition of the word.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/enlightenment
>>
>>16926108
Yes i do. I am of the right path.
>>
>>16928209
Lol no you are not. You have quite the ego, and you just shitting in another thread earlier cuz someone called you out on bullshit and you just went "lalala YOU DUMB"

Go fucking take a wicked dose of DMT and rethink your life. A wise man would not admit it and he would not seek out to help lead the way, but he would oblige mayhaps. You are going out of your way to "enlighten" others and that's pretty much as evil as it gets.

You are on the path of asura. I don't mean to preach, these are my observations of you from other threads. A typical response to this post, from you, is "you are wrong, stupid, don't know what you are talking about, etc"

Stop misleading people asshole.
>>
>>16926080

It's a mistake to think of people in terms of being enlightened or not. It's not an insight experience or feeling or whatever. You can get any of that from brief spiritual training, and it won't change much. Enlightenment is nondual so nothing can be left out. Everybody is already endowed with enlightenment, and expressing it fully. Surface circumstances that obscure this reality are unreal. It's just that people don't put it into practice due to ignorance of the above. People who do aren't much different in any concrete capacity. That would be beside the point.
>>
>>16926080
My family has a friend of ours in the Buddhist practice and he is very interesting guy. We've known him for a long time and had quite long conservations after meetings for two to three hours on different subjects. From dreams to guidance about sufferings. He's our go to person to ask for help. He is around his 50s but looks younger than most, aside from his white hair and beard.

He has also mentioned his ability to heal people using energy. Also known as chi or prana. I think it's called reiki healing? I don't know too much, he just knew he had the ability to do so. But overall he is truly happy person aside of typical human sufferings we endure. C:
>>
>>16926080
I think my best friend has somewhat ascended conciousness
I feel mine is transitioning
>>
>>16928254
You don't know an enlightened person from adam.
>>
ITT roleplayers pretend to know enlightenment. Why wouldn't an enlightened individual visit 4chan? You're creating illusions friends. Why would an enlightened person have magical powers? Why would an enlightened person be in eternal massive bliss when bliss is a dichotomy of discomfort?

All this talk of moving up energetic dimensions for enlightenment makes me smile. The point is to remove external references and feel the source within. You become a single point with no other reference, one dimensional. A dimension fully controlled by you because it is you.

With arrogance and ignorance success is assured.
>>
>>16927788
Does that mean a person who lifts weights is strong? When he can't run as strong as a runner?
>>
>>16928485
>Answer my questions. No! Take my implyings and be silent under their burden.
>implying implying

You're right also. Enlightenment is traveling inward to the absolute center not further and further up more dimensions forever. Just like you said.
>>
>>16928511
Does your dimension exhist further and further up into a fedora?
>>
>>16928573
Yes. Where does yours exist? Don't lie to me. I'll know.
>>
>>16928585
Yer mum m80.
>>
Why do I even visit /x/ anymore. It's just assholes pretending to be assholes.
>>
>>16926092
Do you remember what I said in the other thread about enlightenment?

>>16928532
That was the post.
The last paragraph. Do you see it?
Now with your way you will obviously harvest feedback like this.
Not a big thing but what does it amount to?

He asks if anybody has met an enlightened person. That is a trick question in itself.
You fell for the trick and I doubt even OP knows what he did.
The result is rather funny.

You are on your right way, just don't assume that you can do anything about the situation. It is as it is.
>>
>>16928865
OP here
I don't know fully what I did.
Could you explain?
>>
File: 1442200866180.jpg (73 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1442200866180.jpg
73 KB, 1024x768
>>16926080
>such a thing is actually possible

It's not just possible, it's a real thing. What most people view as enlightenment is nothing more than spiritual energy and substance abuse. If your enlightenment has to come from external sources, then you are not enlightened. Simple as that.

Enlightenment is a journey of self discovery. Logically, that means only you can attain your own way to enlightenment. Others can guide you but they can't lead you. And honestly you really don't need anyone to guide you because all the resources needed to achieve enlightenment are already at your own finger tips. The problem that arises when achieving enlightenment is that people run across questions that they don't necessarily want answered about themselves. Painful questions about the self and the nature of who you are. You know the kind of questions.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.