[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Holder of Lonesomeness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: road-470798_640.jpg (103 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
road-470798_640.jpg
103 KB, 480x640
Cut yourself off from human contact. Unplug the telephone. Board up the windows. Don’t answer the door. You have to remain completely isolated. No internet, no TV, no pets, no companionship. Not even an imaginary friend. How long you need to stay like this depends on who you are, it could take years. You should probably stock up on supplies.

Humans are social creatures. Isolation has a powerful effect on the human mind. After a while your mind will start to play tricks on you. The shadows will morph into menacing creatures. You’ll hear strange noises. This isn’t some otherworldly creature playing with you. No, this is simply you losing your mind.

One morning, the front door will be open. You are now free to leave. Don’t get exited though, your lonesomeness is far from over. The outside should look the same as you remember, but devoid of life. Get in your car and drive, the direction doesn’t matter. No matter how far you drive, you won’t see another living thing, not even plants.
>>
You’ll drive through huge sprawling cities, unlike any metropolis you’ve ever seen. But they will be completely empty. Eventually your car will run out of gas. You’ll have to continue on foot. You can sleep when you get tired, but you will only dream of wandering through darkness, all alone.

Eventually, when you can barely even remember what a human face looks like, you will find yourself standing in the community where the person most dear to you lives. It will be dark and raining heavily. Shadowy, human like figures will be walking about, chatting happily to each other, and going about their daily business. Ignore them. I know that you are utterly desperate for companionship, but these shades do not make good company. It’ll be extremely hard to fight the urge to join them, but you’ve made it this far on your own, you can go just a little longer.

Go to the place where you would expect to find that person you hold so dear, and you will find them. They won’t be the same as how you remember the though. Nothing will be left of them but a dead, rotten, corpse. In their hands they will clutch and umbrella. Lean down and ask them “Why must they be isolated?” They corpse will remain silent, but the answer will form in your mind. The corpse’s grip will loosen, and you may take the umbrella.
>>
When you leave, you will see that the world has gone back to the way it was. For the first time in ages, you will see real flesh and blood people. Don’t worry, you’re lonesomeness is over, feel free to join you’re fellow human beings. If you check a newspaper, you will find that not a day has passed since you started this quest, though if you keep reading, you will also find that the person you got your umbrella from, the person who you thought meant more to you than anything, has mysteriously vanished. Don’t worry; you have your object, that’s all the company you really need, right?
The umbrella is object 1996 out of 2538. It’s been very lonely; won’t you reunite it with its brethren?
>>
yo i didnt think people still gave a shit about his whole "Holder" business

actually pretty neat to see a new one
>>
Thanks, I worked hard on it
>>
>>16925044
Well written, OP! Creeped me out.
>>
>>16925101
Thanks, I'm glad
>>
Woah. that was actually ok. here i was expecting a shitty troll, too.
>>
wow it worked!!!

thanks op
>>
Pretty good, just correct the typos.
>>
>>16925044
damn son props to you for reviving this shit
used to love it back in the day
>>
Someone explain please? Infrequent visitor to /x/.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 496x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 496x960
>>
>>16927423
Google The Holders series. It's a bunch of creepy pasta made by random people, only linked together by the overall narrative that these eldritch beings and objects will eventually come together and destroy everything. That part of the story isn't so interesting, what is, though, are the objects themselves and the specific rituals that must be followed to find them.
>>
>>16927423
Ancient parts of a whole
Must never be brought together again
Protected by holders
Sought by seekers
Items may change seekers into holders
>>
>>16927572
>>16928468
Thanks. Will have a look.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.