[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The readers of this blog, my very own dearest readers,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 18
File: HermesApollonius.jpg (57 KB, 300x407) Image search: [Google]
HermesApollonius.jpg
57 KB, 300x407
"The readers of this blog, my very own dearest readers, are thankfully already aware of the difficult predicament which all nations of the earth face at this moment in the period of what we try to fathom as the history of human evolution. It is therefore unnecessary to say, that truly we have come to know many obstacles, and in the future will face greater ones still. Also needless would be for me to remind my readership, that due to complications in the environment, and as well the inability of humans to work together in a large scale towards a definite goal, many more will die in the decades to come. Then again, I needn’t remind my esteemed entrentenés, who have already come to the full realization of the miracle of existence and the boundless nature of space and time, and the impossibility of death, that a large toll of lives due to preventable causes is not to be something to contribute towards one’s ill disposition. After all, we already know - Memento mori."

cont.
>>
>>16923126

"Oh, but why should we appeal to old sayings etched in long-forgotten languages? What am I now, some kind of pompous assface trying until my last breath to sound scholarly and well-informed? That may very well be true. But at the same time, let us consider that which you, the reader, have already become aware of a long time ago, when you started on your journey for the development of your understanding, as is becoming of all that come to breathe (that is, to evolve). Namely, let us consider the realization, that with humans nothing is permanent; all is temporary; a new monument can be erected with years of work, only to be blown back into the wind in one turning moment. On a smaller scale: one can easily become quite occupied with a matter, this person may even become very agitated emotionally and say all sorts of things and desire that this or that be done about it – but not long after, indeed after a matter of minutes or even seconds, something else catches this person’s attention, or they simply forget, and all is well and fine and life goes on “as usual”. "

cont.
>>
File: 1411784496306.jpg (18 KB, 352x440) Image search: [Google]
1411784496306.jpg
18 KB, 352x440
With this realization in mind, we know then already, and I do not need to tell you, that humans can very easily forget any and everything. In fact, and to their own misfortune, they do that more often than they would like to admit, or are even able to see. Most of an ordinary individual’s life seems to be centered around forgetting. ‘I wake up and have breakfast, I am on my way to work and I already have no idea what I was doing this morning other than the routine things, nor what I was thinking the night before; now hours have passed and I am looking at the clock and counting the time until my shift ends; if I had some thought or another about important things on my way to work, that is well beyond reach and now I am already thinking about dinner and the big meeting next week’. While an individual, such as yourself, gets the impression that he or she lives as one constant stream, always as the same person with the same ideas, tastes, beliefs, manners of reaction, what really happens is this: that one lives from moment to moment, being perpetually thrown into the next thing, responding to things as they come and according to habit, and many times doing completely contradictory things – in a sense, ‘rebooting’ every time something new comes up, be it an internal occurrence (a thought, a physical or mental feeling, an emotion) or an external one.
>>
>>16923132

" But look at me here! Instructing my reader on what he or she undoubtedly already knows!
The point of recalling to hand our essential nature as “forgetters” is to bring back attention to the tremendous importance of the ancient texts, a saying out of which, after all, is what caused all of these paragraphs to be so fiercely jolted out. Memento mori. Remember you shall die.
Now why should we listen to these old texts? After all, they are so old, and could not possibly pertain to anything we do today! Or at any rate, could only pertain in very limited ways, which are not even worth considering since we can learn them in other ways. As to all other uses that are made of these texts, they are deplorable acts of mass manipulation for personal gain and profit! Those blind people repeat what they hear blindly and believe things with no basis in fact!"
>>
File: 4871459_ceefd2f7b1_m.jpg (147 KB, 482x375) Image search: [Google]
4871459_ceefd2f7b1_m.jpg
147 KB, 482x375
>>16923134

"Well, let us back up just a little. This last affirmation might very well be true, but it does not detract from (what we will call) the “real value” of these sacred ancient texts. In addition, and perhaps most importantly, one should strive not to be so quick to point out the blindness in others, lest one should forget one’s own blindness (and you will forget, as like your writer, you are not as yet a fully developed human being).
There were in antiquity, in times quite remote to us and of which we have only the scarcest evidence, men who knew of a higher reason. What is the origin of this knowledge? Is it perhaps that an even longer time ago, humanity was as a whole “ascended”, and those men were the last of that more evolved human race who sought to preserve their knowledge during the changing epochs? Is it that a man was born who had special access to God or was otherwise his son, and God chilled with him and told him his secrets? Is it that someone one day ‘stumbled into it’ and told all his neighbors about it? We may never know for sure. But these men had one sincere wish: that their knowledge be carried on through the ages, so that Man would not forget his true essence, what real living ought to be like, and the general outlines for a more or less tolerable existence."
>>
File: 1403576503222.png (788 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
1403576503222.png
788 KB, 500x656
>>16923136

" Needless to say, much has been done with these texts through the centuries. They have been compiled and recompiled, translated by many a john-and-joseph, even written over or deleted in portions so as to serve the bidding of petty men who wished to sway their equals a certain way, maybe to keep them in line, according to their own selfish desires.
Yet, a clear mind will undoubtedly notice that, out of a perfect thing, which over time suffered much wear and tear, there are still pockets of genuine wisdom left untouched. And this is not even to mention the “non-mainstream” texts, which were never subject to as much or even any change (since at this point, the reader has already been thinking about those three major texts we hear of so much).
Very well, then. Out of a great wealth of literature, we get many intersecting points. One of these invites us very gently and good-naturedly, to remember that which has become most unpleasant for us: the moment of our deaths. Memento mori."
>>
Circumlocution. Look it up. Say what is to be said simply, or not at all. (I am not condemning, only advising.)
>>
>>16923141

"Ah, my apologies. How rash of me! Here I am, wrongfully concluding that my reader does not already know about all of the ins-and-outs of that phenomenal necessary occurrence which is attached to every being that comes to life: the impending certainty of death. No more than dark and light, are they. That which is full must become empty; that which is empty must be filled again. Because my reader understands this, he or she no longer is frightened by that which is as natural to a human as breathing; but on the contrary, in so accepting it, have attained to complete freedom from themselves and others!"
>>
File: 1416801888347.jpg (26 KB, 220x276) Image search: [Google]
1416801888347.jpg
26 KB, 220x276
>>16923144

"Perhaps it is because my reader is already so informed, and everyone on Earth as well, that we do not see much concern for, really, anything of substance – that is, of substance relative to the period in which humanity presently finds itself. No, they are quite content to be swept away with the tide, for they have already attained to the realization that the tide and they are one, that they and their friend are one, that I am an alternate version of you, that this has already existed before, it will become again in the future, it has always happened, it has always been; that there is no life, there is no death, reality is an infinitely reoccurring process of expansion and contraction, as a human sleeps in the night and awakes in the morning, as the tide invades the shores and recedes back to the ocean, so are we dancing with ourselves one step here, another there, one forth, one back, always arriving in a completely different place without ever leaving.
Of course, of course; how very presumptuous of me to try and interrupt anything, or to impose my ramblings. The sun rose yesterday, it will rise again tomorrow. What am I even pretending to think about? "

End.
>>
Well written, though the writer flatters themselves in longevity when brevity will do. If you're looking for advice, a life of humility and servitude will bring far greater purpose than a life lived selfishly.
>>
>>16923157
>>16923143

blessings be to you, my friends and companions.
>>
Both are one, and none, and blessings back.
>>
So are you basically saying that we shouldn't conform to society's norms and just live think outside the box and live free, the way life is supposed to be lived? I just kinda skimmed through the wall of text.
>>
>>16923207
He is saying simply "Life is meant to be lived, but so is death."
>>
>>16923218
Interesting, because I see death as the gateway to true freedom.
>>
>>16923223
Re-read what was written, friend.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mysPC1c__c

What does it mean to follow a dream?

To Dream AT All??
>>
To live is to perceive. To die is to perceive. After all, it's all perception ;)
>>
>>16923218
>>16923223

You may both very well be correct. As humans we boast a tendency to pay too much attention to a tree as a means of justifying the existence of its roots; there are many ways of understanding, and to be sure there is a lot contained in this text. How we long for the "sweet and short"!
>>
File: 180755632.jpg (635 KB, 1354x987) Image search: [Google]
180755632.jpg
635 KB, 1354x987
>>
>>16923231

What do you mean by "a dream"? Do you mean that which occurs usually at night, with our eyes closed? It is so that we function all the same, whether our eyes are closed or not; there is no separate alternate reality that we are transported to once we are in bed and under REM sleep. You reach REM sleep and things are still as they were before, except that certain parts of you which are capable, though meekly, of discerning between the possible and the absurd, are asleep as well. What is experienced during sleep, maybe we can call it a "different flavor" of the same things we experience during our waking lives. In fact even in wakefulness, you could say we are yet still asleep, only that we are one gradation of consciousness above the level of a sleeping person. I wonder - could it be, that beyond this level of consciousness called "being awake", lie other levels of awareness much higher?
>>
>>16924399

A dear friend indeed; you are most welcome.
>>
File: change.jpg (384 KB, 776x1001) Image search: [Google]
change.jpg
384 KB, 776x1001
>>16924484
Let us have some more bumps.
Because.
>>
>>16924546

Will you speak to us of the Enneagram, friend?
>>
Teach me something magical
>>
>>16925334

If you put something edible in your mouth, chew it thoroughly and swallow it, in due course of time that edible substance will re-materialize through your bum hole, completey transformed into something else and with no participation whatsoever from you. Now there's some high and very precise magic which can already keep a curious person quite busy. What is the true meaning of acquiring edible food? What are the true ramifications when we say "well, my body breaks down this food and now I have energy for my comings and goings"? If we focus for a moment on the fact that our body knows by itself how to take a base agglomeration of particles, and how to break it down and transform it into a different kind of matter which is capable of fuelling our tissues, we can already realize a few magical truths - about food, about the body, about the nature of dimensions. Now could it be that for humans there are also other kinds of foods than just those that enter the body through the mouth? Solid and liquid food enter the mouth to feed the muscle and bones, to purify the bloodstream. The first tier of the human machine is taken care of: body and instinct. What about, say, the food we consume that is everywhere present in its gaseous state, and which enters through our noses? What is it transformed into? What purpose does it serve? And what about higher kinds of food? Is there a kind of food we consume, which is made of particles even more rarified than the air we breathe? What would that be? Furthermore, could we expect to find accurate answers to these questions from our ordinary textbooks in medicine and science?
>>
>>16925431
This is why I love /x/

I hardly browse this place, but I fucking love it. Teach me more, discuss with me the many ancient non-sense! ANON LET ME SUCK YOUR DICK
>>
>>16925438

Yes to me it seems all nonsense as well; i am glad we have that out of the way and no reason for any additional concern, so that now you may be on your way. Good day, my friend!
>>
>>16925817
I've waited for an hour and thirty eight minutes for a reply.

Was not disappointed.
>>
Bitmap
>>
>>16925829
Let it be known, I'm still in this thread asking for questions on anything.
>>
File: 63_9.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
63_9.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>16924683
There you go.
Enneagram speaks for itself.
>>
I want freedom
>>
>>16928858

Always the rascal!
>>
File: interrobang5gv~s800x800.jpg (5 KB, 224x320) Image search: [Google]
interrobang5gv~s800x800.jpg
5 KB, 224x320
Pretentious college freshman level creative writing rambling. You're able to imitate some of the style of decent writers well, but not the content nor the structure. Your blog post is a mess and is a pile of shit with sparkles sprinkled on it.

Take some philosophy courses and study thoroughly. Study "The Elements of Style" by Strunk and White. Read some nonfiction prose instead of the flowery fiction that's doubtlessly been the entirety of your reading diet. Stop shitposting on the internet.
>>
>>16928726
It's weird, I've been fearing death more now, than I ever have. I some how stumbled upon this thread and am not disappointed.

What should be next for me?
>>
>>16929524
ironic shitposting isn't any better, is it?
>>
>>16929703
You're a lucky man friend because I haven't left this thread.

You can't help but fear death, its natural for all of us. Death will come eventually, its a shame really but just a fact of life.

What should be next for you? No clue in hell, I ain't a magic man. I came to this thread asking for interesting things, I got a few and now I've refused to leave this thread until it 404's.

Personally, I say keep doing what you're doing and just be content with it.
>>
>>16929715
I just want to help push humanity forward towards enlightenment and the stars before I die. But unfortunately, i'm not there yet.
>>
>>16929773
Start with the little things before you begin the bigger things.

Isn't the saying, As above, so below? If you can start with something small, it can effect something big.

I probably pissed off a bunch of Hermerticists but whatever
>>
>>16929773
And in your eyes, what would you require in order to transmit this light which is neccessary to enlighten others around you?

>>16929715
Death is a transition from one state into another.
In a single day a man can die a hundret times and he won't even be aware of it.
Once you are ready to die consciously you will live consciously.
>>
>>16929797
Interesting.

Keep talking.
>>
File: 18151548.gif (497 KB, 500x204) Image search: [Google]
18151548.gif
497 KB, 500x204
>>16929801
>>
>>16929805
I've been in this thread for one day and three hours
heres the first post >>16925334

Don't tell me such non-sense, just tell me something interesting.
>>
>>16929797
>And in your eyes, what would you require in order to transmit this light which is neccessary to enlighten others around you?
I suppose influence would be key. I never get to talk about the things that are running through my mind because i'm surrounded by people who are caught up in things like politics or whatever "relevant" things are happening in their life. I'm of course, am not better than them at it, but it would be nice to talk about things like sacred geometry or the uncanny similarities of mainstream religions.
>>
>>16929809
I don't want to play into the hands of curiosity.
And you don't want to either.
Bilbo once said: "Watch your feet or they might take you places"

>>16929821
You want something, they want something. How are you different?
Are you just as caught up in sacred geometry and religion as they are in politics?

You're carrying quite the luggage. Where are you going?
>>
>>16929844
Hands of curiosity? Don't play the le wise sage game.

Just tell me something interesting, its a very subjective matter. What you had for breakfast could count.

Although I like that saying
>>
>>16929844
>Are you just as caught up in sacred geometry and religion as they are in politics?
No? Like I said, i'm caught up in pushing humanity forward and breaking free of worldly things.
>>
>>16929860
>Worldly things
>Stopping humanity from being materialistic

Good luck.
>>
>>16929866
Do you think physical is the only dimension?
>>
>>16929876
Whats the context
>>
File: cosmos.gif (170 KB, 1457x743) Image search: [Google]
cosmos.gif
170 KB, 1457x743
>>16929853
There you go, it is a subjective matter.
Nothing wise about that, isn't it?
What is interesting to you can't be more boring to others.
"Interest".

Why aren't we going to make it interesting mutualy?
I give you a picture and we can talk about it if you want.

>>16929860
"Being caught up"
Materialism and Spiritualism go together. There can hardly be one without the other.
The notion of escaping from materialism is materialistic itself.
Can you let it go, if even for a moment?
>>
>>16929885
>Can you let it go, if even for a moment?
Sure
>>
>>16929885
Intriguing, although sciences aren't very much my strong point.
>>
>>16929710
At least I'm not roleplaying as a wise sage while actually being a wise-ass college kid.
>>
>>16929888
And so you are going to push yourself forward, this is the only way of pushing humanity forward.
Enhance your own perception and spend yourself, because you have nothing else to give but yourself.

If we keep demanding from others what we cannot give ourselfes we will deplete ourselfes.
Humanity will fall in dept to itself.
A good mirror for that is the currency-game that is played globaly.
>>
File: 1411011300145.gif (889 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
1411011300145.gif
889 KB, 356x200
>>16929524

Ah, my dear comrade, I beg that you not let me keep you then! As you are both a gentleman and a scholar, I know you must have very important business to attend elsewhere, and what little you have given this thread is already far more than we could have asked for! Therefore thank you dearly, and fare thee well!

>>16929773

You are already in very good hands with this man who has taken upon himself to respond to your most sincere queries, but I would also offer my two cents, if you will. Let me reassure you that humanity is pushed forward and held backwards as it musts and as the state of circumstances dictate it. You, as well as I, have grown with several many false conceptions about everything existing, one of them being this: that thanks to the works of very special individuals, humanity was at different points, "taken forward" - for example, thanks to this or that physicist we have space travel or an atom bomb; thanks to this other great musician or painter, we have a new style of art and new sensitivities and techniques. Well! But this is an eye that does not recognize the whole for what it is, but sees only separate fragments! If one man pushes his species upwards, what was it that pushed this man upwards in the first place? We call it the spirit of times, the "Zeitgeist". Where there would not have been one to discover such and such a thing, I tell you that there would have been another to accomplish the same. Look to the teachings of those wise men who tell us no to set store by our accomplishments: to not let one's thirst fall in love with the taste of glory. Unfortunately I cannot elaborate further due to my own limitations as an as-yet developing being, but I am sure our aforementioned friend will have a thing or two more to say to you.
>>
>>16930213

>but I am sure our aforementioned friend will have a thing or two more to say to you.

In fact it seems the point has already been driven home - >>16929919
>>
>>16930213
Now you've fallen into shitty abstraction, hyper-individualistic wanking, and bad history. I can see why you had previously avoided saying much of anything.

Meme scientists are the exception, not the rule. Science is first and foremost a community, not a few select "great men" handing down truths from high for the peasants to confirm as being true.The same for any other scholarly or applied field, and business as well. The vast majority of the important work in academia is done by people you've never heard of, and few others outside of other professionals in their field.

If you look at who supported and facilitated the conditions that allowed these communities to exist, you see millions more. Actual human beings, not some cultural ghost. Human progress is a collective endeavor all have a part and stake in.

What you've offered is aristocratic wankery and a comic-book understanding of cultural evolution.
>>
>>16930342
>*A practical guide on how to express your inner idiot in complex ways or: How to use many words without really saying anything which hasn't been too obvious beforehand*
Why are smart people always wasting their time like this?
Are they really that smart then?
Are you actually the same kind of idiot, only in a blue uniform instead a red one?

All this and more we will find out in his next post.
Stay tuned.
>>
File: questionmark.jpg (32 KB, 408x510) Image search: [Google]
questionmark.jpg
32 KB, 408x510
>>16930371
Is asking loaded questions the best bait?
>>
File: 1438439402285.jpg (42 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1438439402285.jpg
42 KB, 500x501
>>16930380
Funnily enough this has answered the questions already.
Have a nice day.
>>
File: what (2).jpg (54 KB, 1214x1140) Image search: [Google]
what (2).jpg
54 KB, 1214x1140
>>16930397
How so?
>>
File: 1399840601069.png (39 KB, 720x295) Image search: [Google]
1399840601069.png
39 KB, 720x295
hail eris, etc.
>>
File: socratic_trolling.jpg (30 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
socratic_trolling.jpg
30 KB, 220x229
>>16930449
>>
File: MRF_process_WEB_01_780px.jpg (329 KB, 780x547) Image search: [Google]
MRF_process_WEB_01_780px.jpg
329 KB, 780x547
Ladies and gentlemen the President of the United States:

https://vimeo.com/124736839

https://vimeo.com/127098837

https://vimeo.com/129280982

https://vimeo.com/129609470
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.