[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is on /his/ right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: sitchen.jpg (44 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
sitchen.jpg
44 KB, 400x263
I see one ancient aliens thread and not much else of mysterious value. The board hasn't really established a theme yet, so it is fertile ground for some greenpills.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (16 KB, 352x200) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
16 KB, 352x200
>"These guys from 12,000 years ago put this rock in a weird place"
>"It's cleary evidence of aliens"

Next on History Channel:
Rednecks fishing crocodiles
>>
it's a shitty board that's destined to fail
>>
>>16921752

Sitchen's stuff goes a lot deeper into history than Ancient Aliens. Dismissing mythology as drug-induced trips and story telling is the biggest mistake of mainstream historians. A lot of it can be simply explained as high technology once you accept that the light barrier can be breached and interstellar travel is a real thing. Much more occam's razor than log rollers and shroom trips.
>>
>>16921752

A lot of the people I read don't even get featured on Ancient Aliens. Tsarion and Pye to name a few. Stanton Friedman gets a lot of air time on the modern UFO shows, but everything he says can be applied to ancient sightings and encounters.
>>
>>16921782
>Tsarion and Pye
>Implying these ass-clowns are any more legit than alien hair Giorgio.
They're both just a couple of more shysters trying to cash in on rehashing the ame old new agey ancient secret illerminaughty club / alien hybrid lizard people among us crowd
>>
>>16921769
As interesting as it is, the problem with Sitchin's work is that his interpretive translations of ancient sumerian texts were filled with his own imaginary accounts of what "could have" happened or what "might have" happened, but didn't actually happen.
>>
>>16921669
/his/ isn't for /x/'s version of reality
too much of ancient aliens is so easily debunked by simple fact checking

there was a thread about "enlightenment" that was also /x/ tier that didn't belong there

the stickied post made it pretty clear that /x/ isn't welcome when it stressed sources and evidence
>>
>>16922091
>but didn't actually happen.
Because you would know.
>>
>>>/his/61952
>>
>>16922077

Giorgio is alright, but he really doesn't offer much different than his mentor Erich von Daniken. There are better ancient mystery decoders out there. Giorgio must be a multi-millionaire by now with 9+ seasons of Ancient Aliens. I was watching him on Youtube before the show aired. He was a bodybuilding promoter before that, so who knows if he's just in it for the money.
>>
>>16923390
i watched a documentary (no i dont have a link atm) about ancient sumeria and the sumerian texts. In the documentary, other reputable scholars that translated the same text say some of the stuff in Sitchin's work is completely made up and not even in the original writing.
Which is why my comment >>16922091
was aimed at Sitchins "interpretive translations"
They also indicate most of the translated text is available online so we could actually go read it ourselves and compare it to what Sitchin and any others might claim.
I appreciate Sitchin's work and find it all quite interesting. I dont discount all of it. But I'm not the first one to note that some of his stuff was wrong or plain made up. (he filled in certain gaps with his imagination or his own beliefs)
>>
File: 1446286563775.jpg (22 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1446286563775.jpg
22 KB, 320x320
>>16921769
Also, in the same way, you can go deeper if you acknowledge there might be something more than just "super high alien technology".
>>
>>16923986

I'm into super powers, psi, occult and secret societies. I think ancient high tech aliens really just a good litmus test for seeing what is and isn't acceptable in guackademia and skeptic community, and how much of frauds and shills many of them they are. Most of it is discussing technology already developed by humans, in a universe that has been proven to be 14 billion years old, and most likely home to civliizations that predate humans. Real science actually supports the possibility of ancient aliens. Many of its critics are religious fundamentals and people obsessed with the idea that man created everything anachronistic with what we believe as "antiquity" in his primitive delusional little head. The universe has a long history before humans decided to write theirs down. Meta history, astrotheology and pre-history are the real sources of myth, not whimsical delusions.
>>
I checked /his/ last night and oh man it was bad.

Will try to start some actual discussions there later but I don't know if it can be saved.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 278x181
>>16921669
This guy is the biggest douche who thinks he can actually read their language LMAO. It is beyond chinese writing.
>>
>>16921768
I like it.
>>
>>16921669
I am.
>>
File: tumblr_mt9bopGfU51rjn473o2_250.gif (1 MB, 245x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt9bopGfU51rjn473o2_250.gif
1 MB, 245x320
>>16921752
>turn on the History Channel
>it's Pawn Stars or Ancient Aliens
Can we have more Vikings yet?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.