[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/omg/ - Occultism & Magick General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
>Library
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>How do I start?
Read "Initiation into Hermetics" by Franz Bardon (better accompanied by "A Bardon Companion" by Rawn Clark).

>Other books for theory:
"Three Books of Occult Philosophy" by Agrippa.
"Theurgia or the Egyptian Mysteries" by Iamblichus.

>Does it work?
You will only know if you try it. A book only works by doing the exercises and is commonly accepted that believing is a prerequisite to have the strength to work.
>>
>>16857486
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. How goes it?
>>
File: 1364722237022.jpg (131 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1364722237022.jpg
131 KB, 400x400
We thank the person who is offering free magick training (Iamblichan tradition)
Contact [email protected]

Please DO NOT feed the trolls if you want to take this opportunity.
>>
>>16857486
>More books

"De Stellarum Radiis" by Al-Kindi
"Ars Memoria"
Keys of Solomon (compare with:)
"Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage"
"Picatrix"

Dave Elman — Hypnotherapy
Anthony Jacquin — Reality is Plastic [beginner's book]
John Grinder — Turtles All The Way Down
John Grinder — Whispering in the Wind
Richard Bandler — Tranceformation
G.H. Estabrooks — Hypnosis

http://www.cooper.com/alan/homonym_list.html

http://empresa.rediris.es/pub/bscw.cgi/d5000540/Horton-Increased_anterior_corpus_callosum_size_associated_positively_hypnotizability.pdf

MK ULTRA: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iqneyeo01eedwop/N6-3UMt6mc

Collection of books on Hypnosis:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGZnJJaVR1ckxLak0/view

And that's just getting started.
>>
If you motherfuckers think magic is real, try putting a curse on me right now.
>>
File: 1406794763-1856436801_n.jpg (30 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1406794763-1856436801_n.jpg
30 KB, 600x337
>>16857486
how do you guys explain the fact that i smoked weed and watched hxh, and had an egokilling experience that made me observably better at my job and with physical fitness in general, while also boosting my creative potential maximum, all while i held the belief that i will be able to activate my hatsu. after a while of being able to feel spirit energy, and learning to recognise the aura i am always seeing, and have unconsciously been blocking my entire life as white noise. i became unsure of my worthiness and decided to meditate on best action, best speech, and best thought, to strengthen my will and rise above popular belief in order to be able to do it.
all the while i recognise statistic anomalies directed in my favor, as if the universe has been planning every step of my journey.
>mfw i got a better journey than any of you guys
>>
>>16857519
>"De Stellarum Radiis" by Al-Kindi
>"Ars Memoria"
>"Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage"
>"Picatrix"
>Dave Elman — Hypnotherapy
Do you know where I can find those?
>>
>>16857530
Be resourceful. I found most of those in the local library or local book-trading place. The one that was harder to find was Al-Kindi, but translations are available. Let me see...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGdWtsZU5LZFhwaGM

There you go.
>>
>>16857500
What is that? What's the training about?
>>
>>16857542
Keep in mind it's ran by an overly emotional tranny. For reference, read through the last thread:
>>16848942
>>
>>16857546
I wasn't asking you, and you didn't even remotely answer the question. Please refrain from shitposting.
>>
>>16857539
>The one that was harder to find was Al-Kindi
Yea.
>https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGdWtsZU5LZFhwaGM
I don't have a google account, isn't other way like mega?
>>
>>16857553
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGdWtsZU5LZFhwaGM/view?usp=sharing

Hm. Apparently I hadn't set it to share properly. Sorry. Should work now.

And with that, I'm off to sleep.
>>
File: 1310514424888.jpg (14 KB, 450x675) Image search: [Google]
1310514424888.jpg
14 KB, 450x675
>>16857552
This one is smart.
>>
File: 1433253407518.png (635 KB, 430x750) Image search: [Google]
1433253407518.png
635 KB, 430x750
What would you recommend for learning the symbolism of the tarot?
>>
>>16857567
Book of Thoth.
And a deep study of Kabbalism, Mythology, Gematria, Solomonic magic, as well as Astrology, Alchemy, and Christianity.

http://hermetic.com/crowley/book-of-thoth/

You'll find books on the rest in the MEGA.
>>
>>16857542
Iamblichus was a follower of one of the schools of Plato, his school was dedicated to mysticism more than other neoplatonists.

My guess the teacher of that school is giving a solid ground on that school of mystics.
>>
>>16857580
>And a deep study of Kabbalism, Mythology, Gematria, Solomonic magic, as well as Astrology, Alchemy, and Christianity.
I already have a lot of that so it should be easy to pick up. I've been meaning to for some time.

And i already have the Mega, was just curious what people would recommend from it or elsewhere.
>>
>>16857557
Thanks, maybe the mega has the rest.
>>
>>16857529
maybe you're a Bodhisattva?
are you planning on writing or something?
>>
>>16857500
Sounds neat. What does Iamblichan magic encompass? Can I use this to astral-project and make anime real?
>>
>>16857761
"Since wise people are in the habit of invoking the divinities at the beginning of any philosophic consideration, this is all the more necessary on studying that one which is justly named after the divine Pythagoras. Inasmuch as it emanated from the divinities it could not be apprehended without their inspiration and assistance. Besides, its beauty and majesty so surpasses human capacity, that it cannot be comprehended in one glance. Gradually only can some details of it be mastered when, under divine guidance we approach the subject with a quiet mind. Having therefore invoked the divine guidance, and adapted ourselves and our style to the divine circumstances, we shall acquiesce in all the suggestions that come to us. Therefore we shall not begin with any excuses for the long neglect of this sect, nor by any explanations about its having been concealed by foreign disciplines, or mystic symbols, nor insist that it has been obscured by false and spurious writings, nor make apologies for any special hindrances to its progress. For us it is sufficient that this is the will of the Gods, which all enable us to undertake tasks even more arduous than these. Having thus acknowledged our primary submission to the divinities, our secondary devotion shall be to the prince and father of this philosophy as a leader."
>>
Hey thread. I'm the guy that asked for proof and you people responded with a thing about going out and looking for quarters. Just wanted to report back that I fucked it up and totally forgot. I'll be going around Detroit tomorrow though so that should be perfect.
>>
>>16857834
I'm not seeing "make anime real" anywhere in this word salad. I think I'll pass.
>>
>>16857997
I just ugly laughed at that shit. Well did.
>>16857519
>want to read about hypnosis despite not really believing in it
>oh cool MK ULTRA and hypnosis shit
>oh fuck dropbox and google drive nope nope nope
It's like going to the deepweb without TOR or something.
>>
>>16857525
I sent you a blessing instead. Probably. Now, unless you see, you'll have to assume if something good or bad happens its because someone cursed or blessed you. ;^)
>>
>>16857529
Cool. I'm happy. Probably.
>>
File: tumblr_n9qgtdlSIg1ryuzqeo3_500.gif (2 MB, 500x231) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9qgtdlSIg1ryuzqeo3_500.gif
2 MB, 500x231
>>16857997
im the one doing that.
but you all have to believe that i can.
i already logically talked to the divine spirit and it agrees with me that nen is a better form of energy manipulation that what is currently in effect. however: he held the notion that you guys didn't want it, and i countered with the fact that you guys didnt know it was a possibility.

all we have to do is join together in an effort to bring it about and i know we will be able to.

i cant be the only one who wants to be a hunter.

and even if it never works:
it only tricks us into thinking we can achieve great things through meditation and effort.
>>
>>16857884
Be careful, there are reports of a massive congregation of Shadow People in Detroit.
>>
>>16858223
Given the nature of this thread... I *guess* I'll ask for clarification. Do you mean blacks?
>>
>>16858252
I believe they mean demonic
>>
>>16858252
I said Shadow People, you racist.
Everybody knows that African Americans are being held down by the 1%.
>>
>>16858280
>>16858281
999/1000 times on 4chan, shadow people in detroit would mean blacks. But of course this is that one time where it doesn't.

What do demonic/shadow people do, exactly?
>>
>>16857884
Check the other thread again for a more clear answer. You deserve one so you got one, and I'm sorry if it's not the answer you wanted but is the most accurate one I know.
>>16857500
You're welcome and thank so much for the ad :3
>>16857529
Whether you realize or not or tried to use it or not that is Magick and how it works on many, many levels. Congratulations and may your journey be a good one ^^
>>16857567
Look up the website Corax Tarot and/or read the Book of Thoth. Both are great at explaining this and tarot is a wonderful divinatory method ( Recommended decks: Rider Waite, Crowley-Thoth or for some if you don't mind looking a bit more critically at yourself and using Major Arcana only: H.R. Gieger. )
>>16857587
You called it and I shall continue to deliver on the promise to do so :3
>>
So, few questions for the /omg/ browser:

>Any specific sets o philosophy you follow?
>Favorite system of magick?
>Which gods do you venerate?
Just curious to see what sorts we have around.

My own answers:
>Stoicism
>Runic magick
>Hecate, Odin
>>
>>16856997 #
Carroll is good, and Liber Null and Psychonaut are certainly more academically inclined and detailed than Hine or especially Morrison's works. I just like to give them shit because they're but really my style, but I actually do have a lot of respect for Carroll, and Ray Sherwin too. I can't help but roll my eyes at all the pseudomath, but hey whatever works, right?

Carroll's Liber Kaos was a better showing, imo.
>>
>>16857486
Yay! RP!
>>
>>16858399
>Work hard. Play hard.
>Personalized Chaos (as if there any other kind)
>Various forms of the Goddess and/or/also Morning Star, also Hermes
>>
>>16858424
No. I can assure you that every one in this thread takes themselves far to seriously.
>>
>>16858399
Oddly enough we have hekate in common and though I don't work with Odin I very much respect him and what he stands for.
Philosophies: Well you know about the Neoplatonism but I'll throw in Epicurianism for part of what I follow. Not in the " pleasure now, fuck consequences " way but in the way Epicurus taught it: As a devotion to the Pleasure principle as a strong but partial measure of what is good for yourself and others and with Pain and Suffering being indicators of something wrong ( those things leading to the Passions according to the stoics of Sadness, Anger, Frustration and all the " negative " emotions they sought to overcome while keeping the positive ones and seeking Eudaimonia - "Good Spirit " ). But as it was the most responsible Hedonistic philosophy: Caring about those things for others' experiences and not just ones self, and thinking ahead to whether a little pain or unpleasantness at the moment would lead to greater joy later, or on the inverse whether a momentary pleasure will lead to greater pain or displeasure later. And then acting accordingly for the good of all, including but never limited to ones self.

How I practice it in Magick: Being careful what I wish for and thinking long term to pick the right intent. Not being squeamish if the rite contains unpleasant elements for me to go through if the long term gain is worth it
>>
>>16858399
>Discordianism
>GD and trance
>eris, horus, the tet
>>
>>16858446
Honestly, I'm unsurprised that we both worship Hecate. She was a goddess of those who were deemed outcasts by the majority of society, and we both fall under that range.

I should rethink the stances I made known yesterday in the heat of thinking.
>>
>>16858297
I love how you overtly describe your aloofness.
>>
>>16858490
I'm glad because aside from those I think we'd get along on both a scholarly level and that of friendship rather well. You seem like a good person who really knows his shit :3
As for yesterday I try not to hold grudges, especially when it's just in the past and not the present or future.
>>
>>16858399
So, few questions for the /omg/ browser:

Nope.
Mmmm.
God the father, the son, and the holy ghost.
Just curious to see what sorts we have around.

My own answers:
>Stoicism
>Runic magick
>Hecate, Odin
>>
>>16858490
>>16858540

You two gonna make-out a little bit?
>>
File: fuk u.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
fuk u.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>16858540
Don't get me wrong, I'm still working around a few issues that stand in the way of me entirely accepting it, but even if those don't flatten out, I'll still respect your opinions and ideas.

>>16858586
Oh, of course.
>>
>>16858586
I support this movement.
>>
>>16858540
are you a convincing trap or no?
>>
>>16858596
If you send me an email at [email protected] we can discuss it as you are rather civil about your opinions and I wouldn't mind debating with you on some of it ( on multiple levels. Not just the obvious ) but we should leave it out of here. Or alternatively we could just talk hekate. Use it or not and its all good. I'm just glad you're consciously examining your opinion as that's the mark of a good occultist.
Introspection and self knowledge are always of great importance both within and outside of magick :3

Btw did anyone else know that ( at least in the Western Hemisphere ) the Rider Waite deck has been public license for a while now? In other words as long as you're not selling them or claiming them as your own work you can basically use them and show them however you want ^_^
>>
>>16858627
Yeah. Though apparently sometimes my voice gives me away. It's usually the only thing that outs me. It's been almost a decade since my awkward or in-between stage.

Just to keep things on topic though the word Demon comes from the etymology of the Greek word Daimon and had a different meaning then. A Daimon was originally understood as any kind of spirit, good or beneficent ( Eudaimon if they were being specific ), evil or maleficent ( Kakodaimon ) or otherwise ( no other word for it. Just a Daimon ). Anyway Daimons are pretty cool and Spirit Work ( working with them ) can be quite enlightening in Magick as well as of practical use :3
>>
>>16858672
pics
>>
File: 1404536737003.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
1404536737003.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>16858645
Cool. I'll email you sometime tomorrow, most likely. I'd love to discuss Hecate and maybe work on some rituals together.

We'll also plan the make out session to, just for funsies.
>>
File: image.jpg (327 KB, 1102x1736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327 KB, 1102x1736
>>16858708
Certainly, friend. This gentlemans name is Pazuzu. He is a high ranking Kakodaimon of Sumeria. Some say He is king of them. According to the Necronomicon ( feel free to take this with a grain of salt but it may be right in this regard ) prayers and offerings to Pazuzu can protect you from the kakodaimons he rules.
Enjoy ^_^ ( and yes, the gargoyle in some episodes of futurama is named after him. I lol'd hard the second they called him by name )
>>
>>16858719
>>16858672
Also, feel free to email me tonight if you already have something on your mind.
[email protected]
>>
>>16858737
Ay Dios Mio
>>
>>16858743
>Ay Dios Mio
are you annoyed or something?
>>
File: Sparkle.png (237 KB, 539x304) Image search: [Google]
Sparkle.png
237 KB, 539x304
>>16858347
i do realise that.
they thing i told myself is that any system of energy manipulation is just a method of transferring the will into force or something observable, and as long as you go into that system with the belief required it will remain in your potential.

i also highly believe that reincarnation is real, and you can learn the lessons you learned in previous lives potentially by observing stories which contain archtypes and cliches that existed in those lives of yours, either by certain events in a show/movie which can give insight into certain things or characters which you naturally feel attuned to, giving you another way of looking at your own mindset to move forward with.

im not saying try to find character to be like and try to be like them(ok yeah, do that, as long as you are a good judge of character and can discern positive from negative characteristics) but just looking for characters that already think like you is extremely gratifying.
at least it has been in my case
>>
>>16858795
i also at first considered that every system of energy manipulation which you could come across, regardless of whether or not it was even created as an actual method of meditation, can still be utilized as such successfully.
>>
>>16858801

its not about how they wrote it.
or why they wrote it.
its why you're reading it
and how you're reading it as.
a story is a lesson is an answer.
>>
>>16858795
Everything you said is true or accurate but I'm missing the point of what you're trying to say though.

I will throw in additional point though when it comes to looking for archetypes you agree with to emulate or work with: it's not and often times shouldn't be purely limited to just working within your comfort zone or looking to join a cosmic hug box of like minded ones. A big part of it is honestly and objectively looking for where you could improve yourself and what's missing ( including especially in this case things you're not drawn to ) and filling in those gaps or reversing polarities of flaws you've diagnosed in yourself. In other words seeking a complimentary opposite or archetype of something you find yourself lacking in.
>>
>>16858816
im saying that more people should try to stick to things that are clearly true and accurate, if we want to actually be able to build off of eachother and increase our own potential in this field.
also, yeah, you should focus on remaining open and looking for flaws in your character and eliminating them.

>>16858795
i started identifying as pariston (the blonde one) who is a scumbag but acts to the benefit of as many as possible when it aligns with his goals, while also developing a fear of developing his asshole traits, which would be his lack of actual empathy, replaced by a skill of being able to read people efficiently, which i dealt with for a while, until i recognised the need for the natural countertype (the one in the turban), who does what he needs to do to what he wants, doesnt go out of his way to help others, but mostly because he believes they should be able to do what they want to do themselves, as he does, because he cares about them deeply and thinks that the most enjoyable way of doing things is by oneself.

all in all it worked out great, i am respected at my job and am great at videogames and explaining things
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 550x671) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 550x671
>>16858399
>plotinus
>chaos magick
>eris, sophia, discordia, isis, osiris, ningishzidda, cthulhu, tiamat
>>
Anyone have any thoughts/insight on spiritual satanism?
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-10-11 03.04.42.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-10-11 03.04.42.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>16858859
i was gonna say that i was maitrayah but i doubted and didnt because i had never thought of a way of expressing a thought about the dharmachakra.
but hows about this.
there is more to the way things are than the Way.
the Way we See is nothing more than an expression of the Way things are.
it is the description of the Way things Appear.
the Way we Hear is nothing more than an echo of the Way things have been.
it is a remembrance, of sorts.
the Way we Feel is nothing more than another expression of the Way things are.
but it is closer to the Way things are than the the Way we see it, the Way we Feel allows us to do things with What we Feel.
the Way we do things is our Style.
it is how We make Things the Way we want Them to be.
Our Style is Ours,
it is up to Us to Create and Style things with.
but We must find Things that like our Style,
and either hold hold our Style to ourselves to create,
or Open it up to speculation.
>>
>>16859018
as always, that picture is also justification if you think im holding the buddha in my head as a tulpa or something.
>>
Myself and some other person are creating a new occult ideology. It is supposed to be a kind of patch for Thelema, to give it some better features and ideas based on application of balance. I added a lot of ideas, including that of the Aghori sadhus to the mix, mostly because that had the best effect of balancing "white magic" with something less RHP based. Still making the system, so feel free to ask any questions.
>>
>>16858007
>It's like going to the deepweb without TOR or something.
It's like you think these people care for small-time like us.

>>16858313
You really can't read with basic, first grade comprehension, can you?

>>16858399
>Not particularly into philosophy
>Solomonic stuff
>None

>>16858942
Bullshit. Same level as Psych-K and the "Two-Point" thing.

>>16859068
...you do realize Thelema is quite balanced already, and you're breaking it, right?

>>16859068
>including that of the Aghori sadhus
Already included in Thelema by default. See Liber A'ash.
>>
>>16859068
If you find the right balance between Right Hand Path ( ethics and/or connection to divine things ) and Left Hand Oath ( will and/or fre thinking ) would you call it Ambidextrous or an Ambidextrous Path? :3
>>
>>16859113
Left Hand Path I meant. Obviously. But still
Serious question though especially when you consider the inherent symbolism and usefulness of being ambidextrous
>>
>>16858399
>Stoicism
> Shamanism and Yoga (Kriya)
> None. I do have allies however.
>>
File: 1418875045057.png (371 KB, 471x470) Image search: [Google]
1418875045057.png
371 KB, 471x470
I'm agnostic. I do not think any world religion is true, least of all the Abrahamic religions and their gods. I used to believe in ghosts and my own experiences until I learned of infrasound and how it can mess with the human brain and eyes. That being said, I still think it's entirely possible that extradimensional beings (what we might interpret as spirits) exist, simply because human perception is so limited.

Is there an actual, good chance that sort of thing exists? Or (and this is a stretch), that witchcraft exists? I would love to learn witchcraft but I just don't know if anything akin to actual sorcery is realistic. I want this shit to exist so badly.
>>
>>16859341
Enochian and runic magick have both been astounding whenever I work with them.

The power of words is amazing.
>>
>>16859341
>until I learned of infrasound and how it can mess with the human brain and eyes
Dotell, you have me interested now.

>I want this shit to exist so badly.

Reading list is at the start of the thread. You'll find a lot of parallels to modern physics in them there old books.
>>
Female looking for experienced magick practitioners to be friends with.
>>
File: 1428544878816.jpg (90 KB, 414x472) Image search: [Google]
1428544878816.jpg
90 KB, 414x472
>>16858399
>discordianism
>magic squares
>Freya

breaking into Enochian this month. what a trip.
>>
>>16859447
Will be adding you.

Anyone else here regularly work with Norse runes? They're just so damn satisfying. The energy you feel any time you touch them, it just resonates.
>>
>>16859575
What would you suggest as a good introduction to Norse runes? I've had Helrunar by Jan Fries suggested to me in the past. I liked Fries's Seidways so I think it might be a good suggestion.
>>
>>16859483
Literally cuck magic.
>>
>>16858399
i follow the philosophy that the origin of conciousness and will is nothingness.
somewhere, out of time and space, what was not, became. and so, outside of time, becomes, constantly. this spirit is thrown from the comfort of nonexistance with only a fear or returning, and so it comes when we call for it, in the ways that we do, into our heads, our thoughts, our will.

favourite system of magic? Nen.
Nen = mind force
what gods do i venerate? the true and the good are concepts i find perfect when observed alone.
i venerate the ideas of god which man has had which brings joy to those who follow them
>>
>>16859659
I have some links I can give you when I'm home. I can't recall if I have his name right or not, but Tholf Gorunnson, if I remember right, was an author I found useful.
>>
So I was thinking about feudalism earlier today, and how there's essentially four classes.

>Ruling class makes a decree
>Priest class codifies it into law
>Warrior class enforces the law
>Working class obeys the law

Then I realized this seems to have a strong parallel with the Kabbalistic four worlds. Has anyone else made this connection?
>>
>>16858976
Ow, the edge.

I mean, Cthulhu?
Fucking REALLY?
>>
>>16859782
As above, so below.

The Lower mimics the Higher.
>>
>>16858402
Liber Kaos is definitely underrated. Anyone who can do more than a week of Chaos Monasticism level 3 has earned my respect.
>>
>>16859782
Yeah, that's pretty much spot-on. It also has parallels with the court cards found in Tarot:

Ruling class = Kings
Priest class = Queens
Warrior class = Knights
Working class = Pages

Kabbalah isn't just some lofty hypothetical model of worlds beyond. Kabbalistic dynamics can be observed in sociology, in biology, in physics, in pretty much anything.
>>
>>16859737
Thanks!

>>16859806
I specifically liked the bit on shadowtime.

And yeah, I've never met anybody who actually did the whole Chaos Monk thing, but if I did I'd totally buy them some beers and see where conversation lead. That's dedication.
>>
You know, it just occurred to me to ask here. Has anyone had experience with any form of sex magick here? Especially seidr?
>>
Does any one have that info pic describing a way to use a photo of someone and to think about whatever consequence will happen and can influence that upon them?, thank you in advance
>>
>>16859888
>Has anyone had experience with any form of sex magick here?

Yes. No idea about the norse thing, but yes. Anything in particular you want to talk about?
>>
>>16859888
Only with your mother.
>>
>>16859888
Well, since you mentioned seidr and I mentioned Jan Fries, Fries's seething technique has very overt sexual aspects to it, and I use that somewhat regularly.

In terms of actually fucking as part of a discrete ritual, no. I do find a lot of metaphysical insight through sex and sexuality, but mostly I'm just trying to bust.

Of course, I've never had a partner that was into the occult. Or at least not that I knew of. (nice 8s for sex, btw)
>>
Good evening, I'l try to keep this post brief. I have a strong reason to believe my unit is being preped to ship out rather soon. Judging by the gear its gona be cold weather. Now to the point, does anyone have any information about combative magic(if thats even a thing)? I'd like to think I'm self conditioned enough in being able to draw out adrenaline, but was wondering if there are any spells, meditations, or rituals I could work on so I could have an extra edge in combat.
>>
>>16857500
Reported. If you want to advertise on 4chan buy a banner ad
>>
File: GoAwayMrSpooks.jpg (14 KB, 362x65) Image search: [Google]
GoAwayMrSpooks.jpg
14 KB, 362x65
>>16857500
>>
File: angel face.gif (486 KB, 475x195) Image search: [Google]
angel face.gif
486 KB, 475x195
>>16861054
Forget spells and rituals.
Look into Autogenic Training; that's what they use in GROM, they also teach it to miners, firemen, and other special forces, iirc in Germany, Austria, and Australia.

Also in case you need to help one of your buddies out, it's a long shot, but you might want to look into emergency hypnosis. Basically instant inductions and how to use them to save lives. It's an advanced topic, so I don't know if you'll find time, but it's definitely worthwhile.
>>
>>16861054
Eat amanita and go berzerker mode yo
>>
>>16858399
> Any specific sets o philosophy you follow?
I'm a nihilist in the sense that I believe that there is no value or meaning inherent to anything, and we ascribe our own personal value to things based on what they mean to us as individuals and personal contexts.
> Favorite system of magick?
Norse magic is my favorite, especially runic.
> Which gods do you venerate?
I honor the whole Norse pantheon, but I have the best connection with Odin and Freyja.

>>16859659
This is the best rune thread I've seen on /x/:
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/13370057
Thorsson's work is required reading, in my opinion.

>>16859782
In medieval European feudalism, there are actually three orders:
> Those who fight
> Those who pray
> Those who work
The ruling class was actually a warrior class who was able to hold power through the collection of taxes in exchange for protection from other warriors. The class that came to be lords were basically thugs who shook down the local peasants. But, that's neither here nor there in an occult discussion, so I'll just leave this here if you're still curious:
http://www2.ulpgc.es/hege/almacen/download/44/44618/feudaldebate1.pdf
>>
>>16859888
>>16859983
> sex magic
As I recall, there is a whole folder in the mega on sex magic.

I don't perform others' rituals, but I have done things that could qualify as sex magic, in that they made use of sexual energy as a fuel source in some instances, and that a ritual would involve sexual Contagion in others. As a general piece of advice, I would say that sexual energy is particularly potent, but it is somewhat clumsy in its use: compare a sledgehammer to a hammer meant to be used with a chisel.

> seiðr
Seiðr is not sex magic; it is a shamanistic magical system. The part to which some refer as sexual is a form of invocation, but that is because the language that is often used makes use of sexual euphemisms. For example, the practitioner is said to be “penetrated by” the spirit, the thoughts of the spirit, etc.

I once had the opportunity to speak with a seiðkona, and she described the feeling of performing seiðr as penetrative, but she did not refer to it being overtly sexual in any way. The penetrative aspect of it, as it is called, is part of the reason it is often called ergi for men to practice it, but it is metaphorical rather than sexual: it is the act of welcoming another being into your body that was considered to be a feminine practice.

It is not, however, sexualized in any way when a user of magic in Norse culture possesses another being, which should reasonably be the masculine equivalent if seiðr invocation is considered feminine.
>>
>>16861140
Coming from the same guy who unironically believes in NLP, because "MUH EXPERIENCE"
>>
>>16861396
So... you're saying hypnosis isn't a thing, am I right in this understanding of your post?
>>
I posted this in another thread for advice, but I will post it again here:

I've been practicing G.D. style magic for a while now and in conjunction with studying astrology. So far I have had a lot of success with banishing and invoking specific planets when they are transiting important points in my natal chart. However, I have recently been undergoing a somewhat unpleasant Neptune transit. Normally when undergoing an unpleasant transit I would banish the planet in question using the Lesser Hexagram ritual of the planet in question, but for Neptune no such ritual exists. Is there a good way to banish Neptune that is both effective and that would fit with G.D. ceremonial magic?

It is said that you can use the Saturn hexagrams to work with any of the supernals and in 777 Crowley attributes Neptune to Chockmah, but this attribution doesn't seem correct/appropriate to me, at least on the relatively mundane level of physical transits.
>>
>>16861422
>Is there a good way to banish Neptune that is both effective and that would fit with G.D. ceremonial magic?

In short: no.

Build a ritual around Neptune as the mythical figure... or figure something out. You don't need to use the hexagram ritual for planetary magic, after all.

>in 777 Crowley attributes Neptune to Chockmah, but this attribution doesn't seem correct/appropriate to me

It's more correct than you'd suspect. Neptune is the dynamic flow that you get in your life when everything is in its natural, smoothly moving, state in your life.
>>
>>16861054
Blood for the Blood God.

War is Hell. Become the Devil.
>>
>>16861413
You're just a not-right in general.
>>
>>16861445
What about pluto being keter and uranus being daath?
daath should be pluto because pluto is not a planet. prove me wrong
>>
>>16861413
You're just a not-right.
>>
>>16861054
I'd read this constantly if i was in the military. It's also a good guide to any sort of discipline. Might help you find some peace in the chaos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Five_Rings
>>
>>16859447
I don't skype
>>
>>16861054
Do protection magic. I prayed for you.
>>
It's interesting how Behemoth and Bahamut share similar roots, but are completely different beings. One is a great beast, and the other is a great fish.

Is Baphomet related to Behemoth/Bahamut?
>>
>>16861422
Thanks for the help. The problem is that the energy of the planet neptune isn't the same as the mythical Neptune/Poseidon, it just happened to get that name from modern astronomers. The mythical Neptune is another name for the elemental spirit who is the king of the water element.

I think my problem is that I do not comprehend the nature of the energy of the planet Neptune. If I knew its name then I might control it, but I do not so I am swamped in confusion-- A rather fitting state to be in for a Neptune transit.
>>
>>16861645
was supposed to be a reply to
>>16861445
>>
>>16859483
going to be the mage or the seer?
>>
>>16857525
>doesn't believe in God
>doesn't believe in souls
>doesn't believe in magick
>doesn't believe in anime
No curse is necessary. You're already as miserable as you can get.
>>
>>16858399
Not particularly
Whatever works
Shiva
>>
Which god(s) have been most responsive to you guys? Are there other entities that you communicate with often?
>>
>>16859782
Nrx egrogore still around then?
>>
>>16861762
Not sure what you mean by this.
>>
>>16858026
Son of a....
>>
>>16861612
Thanks anon. Got any protective charms or stuff I can do? The only protection spells I know is the circle of protection when I try to go into deep meditation or the astral plane. In some other threads I saw nordic runes. Could you send me what you got?
>>
>>16858399
>Karma
>Voodoo and Druid
>Pan, all the loa, especially baron Samedi
>>
>>16859782
>Then I realized this seems to have a strong parallel with the Kabbalistic four worlds. Has anyone else made this connection?
No, I'm not Nick Land.
>>
>>16861237
> that's neither here nor there in an occult discussion

I'd say it's pretty relevant. Ancient occultists employed symbolism and themes that made sense within their cultural context, so an understanding of the culture is necessary to fully understand the system.
>>
Everything everywhere is full of lies and Conspiracies mixed in with truths or twisted truths.

How do you know what is real from what is not? It's driving me crazy.
>>
>>16862183
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
>>
File: 1444919301471.jpg (85 KB, 1062x1083) Image search: [Google]
1444919301471.jpg
85 KB, 1062x1083
>>16862079
Yup.

>>16862183
Primary sources.

>>16862211
Thanks, Dr. Wilson.
>>
File: 030610-eye2.jpg (8 KB, 247x224) Image search: [Google]
030610-eye2.jpg
8 KB, 247x224
>>16862232
Assumes the person is neither a liar, biased, nor delusional. Very long odds.
>>
>>16862263
The anon appears here and there, now and then, to this one and that one. A benign but mischievous creature. Very fond of rum pots, crackpots, and 'How are you, Mr. Wilson?’
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 640x847) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 640x847
>>16859785
I don't really worship Cthulhu or make offering to a statue of him or anything traditional like that but I find him useful as an object of meditation because I think he represents a sort of chaos which is more alien to us than traditional light-hearted depictions of Eris in the Pirincipia Discordia and more of a primal and useful force to be incorporated into my magical practices. Never read the Simon Necronomicon. Did read Hine's Pseudonomicon. He's helped me understand the incomprehensible Otherness of godforms. We can hardly understand ourselves... Why should we expect gods to be understood by us?
>>
>>16862298
>I don't really worship Cthulhu or make offering to a statue of him or anything traditional like that
You make Phil Hine and Andrew Chumbley sad.

>butt I find him useful as an object of meditation
You get a pass, I guess, just remember that internal/astral worship is just as concrete as offering to a shrine or some such thing.

And I dunno, some godforms are pretty fuckin' alien. Set comes to mind. Kali of the charnel grounds does as well.
>>
File: tumblr_m4gkh2UEIP1qzk2upo1_500.gif (782 KB, 469x325) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4gkh2UEIP1qzk2upo1_500.gif
782 KB, 469x325
>>16862285
And now you've got me chasing old memes. I do think I like the creature.

But to put it another way. A person can usually know the truth of a situation that there are in by observing it. If a person isn't in a situation than it isn't affecting them and the truth of the matter becomes irrelevant, a chase after faeries or merely an intellectual pursuit. Which may be important but is never pressing. Take for instance the question of who came in whos behind, and who came on whos lettuce. While the answer to these questions shaped ever bit of civilization as we know it, the knowing the truth of it changes nothing and is meaningless.
>>
>>16862310
Lol. I am actually building a chaos shrine for myself but so far all I've got are crystals, candles, and tarot cards. Want to get a black mirror for skrying and now that I think of it, a Cthulhu statue would be nice.
>>
>>16862375
Make one. See if your local uni does a craft shop. Should be mega cheap to get your fingers in some clay for a while.
>>
>>16862354
Good answer
>>
>>16857567
Michael tsarion "path of the fool" series on youtube.
>>
>>16861054
Are you still around?
Enochian words of power would be what you are looking for; or in another case, very strong galdr of Norse runes.
>>
>>16862459
I should have thought of him. Thanks.
>>
File: 1299332033200.png (360 KB, 965x1952) Image search: [Google]
1299332033200.png
360 KB, 965x1952
bump
>>
>>16857529
The fuck are you trying to write there you autist kid...
>>
>>16861502
Iffy. It fits mythologically, but those are still iffy associations. Work with the planet, not the sephiroth.

>>16861488
>>16861504
So you have no point. Good to know.

>>16861645
>The problem is that the energy of the planet neptune isn't the same as the mythical Neptune/Poseidon,

[citation needed]

>it just happened to get that name from modern astronomers.

I WONDER WHY.

>The mythical Neptune is another name for the elemental spirit who is the king of the water element.

[citation needed]

>If I knew its name then I might control it, but I do not so I am swamped in confusion--

But you do, dumbass.

>>16862310
>some godforms are pretty fuckin' alien. Set comes to mind.

I don't know man. My interactions with Set were pretty grounded. Enochian angels on the other hand? Weirdness abounds.

Or even N; creepy motherfucker.
>>
>>16861691
Is that what all this is, anon? An escape from misery?
>>
Is Sufism part of the scope in this thread?
>>
>>16859782
Actually, feudal society was divided into three classes.

The nobility, the clergy and everybody else.
>>
I read: « Saturn is good for strengthening bones and teeth. »

How am I supposed to use that knowledge to treat, say, osteoporosis?
>>
>>16863709
>you go to medical doctors for that ect
all the rest is just positive self affirmations
>>
>>16863726
Electroconvulsive therapy?
>>
>>16863640
You are a rude dude, and I have my sources but maybe you are right.
I am going to try the BRH with the Chockmah attributions, and proceed from there.
>>
>>16862546
>Enochian words of power would be what you are looking for
Wait, people are still falling for this?
You realize the whole thing is a verified scam, right?
>>
>>16863834
fuck off
>>
>>16863834
>You realize the whole thing is a verified scam, right?

[citation needed]

There are still elements which cannot be explained, like the formulation of the Watchtowers and the placement of the Governors in them.

As Jones had written...

>The initial data for this can be seen collected in James 101-115 This is important because the directional details that are derived here from will prove the essential key, the Rosetta Stone, so to speak, in ultimately unlocking the reasons for the various directional shifts. But it is critical to formulation because the names given here for the 91 Governors will prove to match exactly (within statistically acceptable variance) the letters that constitute the Watchtowers themselves. The student of Enochian can compare the lists of names with the sigils, which formulate their existence on the Watchtowers, and easily see the correlation. But realize that the names were delivered first and then the Watchtowers horizontally line by line and after having both figures at hand. The Angels demonstrated that, by discrete (7 letters, the number of letters in each Governor’s name) linear connections, all of the letters given in the Watchtowers could be accounted for from the letters that formulate names of the Governors previously given. This would require either a monumental and complex second and third order memorization (2 dimensions to 1 dimension then back to 2 dimensions and with directional correlation from a 3 dimensional origin to a 3 dimensional conclusion) on Kelly’s part or an elaborate and extremely obtuse deception on Dee’s part. This constitutes one of the chief proofs of the system.
>>
>>16863859
If that's the "chief proof" of the system, then you should know it's bullshit.

This is alongside such divine revelations as "Pay me more money" and "God says I get to cuck you".
>>
>>16863895
How so? Are you saying you would be able to memorize all that random data, and then present it to the other person in what you pretend to be visions, consistent with previous information received?

Or are you saying that you could induce this explicit set of data into your scryer, were you to be the exorcist?
>>
>>16863648
no. Daft cunt.
>>
>>16861899
I just googled runic protection stave and checked them out on wikipedia. I'm not good at rune and protection YET I'm studying shamanism atm.
>>
>>16863902
Edward Kelly did not have magical angel talking powers. What he did have is an outstanding ability to scam people. We should talk about Kelly, because he's more interesting.

Not only was he able to scam the queen's advisor into thinking he had magical powers, and get paid for spouting gibberish... He was able to scam his boss with that bullshit to FUCK his WIFE.

The man LITERALLY CUCKED HIS BOSS.

HE DID IT
HE ACTUALLY DID IT
THE ABSOLUTE MAD MAN!!!!!
>>
>>16863930
>What he did have is an outstanding ability to scam people.

Does that extent to an ability to do the multi-dimensional mental memorization mentioned previously?

>He was able to scam his boss with that bullshit to FUCK his WIFE.

And get his wife fucked by his boss too. They did wife-swap, after all.

You seem to be arguing from a position of ignorance; might want to actually read the source material :^)
>>
>>16863937
>Does that extent to an ability to do the multi-dimensional mental memorization mentioned previously?

Or was simply Dee's apophenia to Kelly's gibberish after the fact.

>You seem to be arguing from a position of ignorance; might want to actually read the source material :^)

If you had read the source material, you would know that the entire system flip flopped around with constant revisions. I guess the "angels" were incredibly sloppy, like Dee's wife after Kelly was through with her. :^)

God, I'm just imagining what led to that Kelly sitting at ye olde pub with one if his buddies,
>"I'm going to quit soon. Sure the rube believes whatever I say, but I can make more money elsewhere *hic*
>"Anything you say?"
>"Yes, seriously, last time he wanted to "talk to angels" again I just went "DGHYTRDHHRDDDFFG", and he spent the entire night trying to figure out what it meant."
>"I bet you couldn't get him to swap wives with you!"
>"Oh yes I could!"
>"No way!"
>"I'll do it right now! What's the worst that can happen, I'm quitting anyway!"
>>
>>16863973
>Or was simply Dee's apophenia to Kelly's gibberish after the fact.

Which fit perfectly together with previously collected data. You don't seem to understand why this is a proof of Enochian; go back and read the actual source material.

>If you had read the source material, you would know that the entire system flip flopped around with constant revisions.

Oh? Do tell. I don't recall there being revisions in Governor names, nor in the Watchtowers themselves (beyond the Black Cross).
>>
>>16863981
This is my favorite part.

Despite running various scams his entire life, from when he got his ears cut off for forgery to tricking some king that he could make gold... apparently the ONE honest career that Kelly EVER had was using MAGICAL POWERS TO TALK TO ANGELS.

To his credit, he not only cucked his boss, but irreparably cucked all of Western occultism in the process. 400 years later, and you've been cucked so bad that you're DEFENDING him.

It's hilarious, because to admit that you've been had would take out the bottom card of the already flimsy house of Thelema/Golden Yawn.

You literally can't bring yourself to do it, because it would annihilate your entire worldview!

Go on, squirm some more for me. :^)
>>
>>16864007
So... you don't really have anything to support your argument.
>>
>>16864007
What've you been up to lately, anon?
>>
>>16863652
You tell us, stupid.
>>
>>16864015
I'm beginning to think Surgo is actually a horse, with the blinders he can't remove.
>>
Can someone direct me Crowley's practical work? I am interested in stuff he did regarding building up the self so to speak
>not sex magic
>not astrology
Something that refers to natural, magick in the self

Also anyone have any interesting links to Enocian magic, explainations, descriptions, aside from the common Dee and Kelly experiment?

Would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>16864064
>>not sex magic
>>not astrology
>Something that refers to natural, magick in the self

What do you mean exactly?
All of it is natural.

>Enocian magic
http://hermetic.com/jones/the-system-of-enochian-magick/

That's a good starter.
>>
>>16864070
No, while I get Crowley "contributed" he also degenerated a huge load of information with his impractical side. I am looking for something where he isn't being a complete pervert or using magic via astrology, where he says something smart.
>>
>>16864092
>No, while I get Crowley "contributed" he also degenerated a huge load of information with his impractical side.

Can you give an example of him being impractical or degenerating information?

>I am looking for something where he isn't being a complete pervert or using magic via astrology, where he says something smart.

But magic is inherently linked with astrology within the Western Tradition. You can't have one without the other.

For something non-astrological and non-sexy, I'd suggest looking into Daoism, or Christian Mysticism. The Orthodox side of Christianity is quite nice in that way.
>>
>>16864107
Wasn't he into sex magic and called in self the beast in revelation? I want something with actual information not astrology based off of associations and half truths. I get how the planets work I get how the zodiac works, but it is only relevant to a certain degree. However, I am not trying to cast spells, just researching, and most of these "magick idols" do bad things like die from heroin or steal the other dudes wife (I don't judge I am just challenging their credibility)...

I have put some pieces together and believe I found something you guys are missing out on.

I just want simple fundementals on Crowley's teachings and Enochian essentials (like a simple list of what, how, etc)
>>
>>16864149
>it is only relevant to a certain degree

Read Al-Kindi's "De Stellarum Radiis", Iamblichus, Agrippa.

>most of these "magick idols" do bad things like die from heroin

I don't recall anyone who died of heroin overdose. Whom do you have in mind?

>or steal the other dudes wife (I don't judge I am just challenging their credibility)...

Well, Hubbard did use technology which actually works. It's far from magic, but hey, if the CIA can use it, so could he! :^)

>I just want simple fundementals on Crowley's teachings

Start with the Golden Dawn and trace his journeys through India.

>and Enochian essentials (like a simple list of what, how, etc)

Link 4 posts up.
>>
>>16864162
Was hoping you could just give me a run down right now all your giving me is links. Thanks anyway
>>
>>16864175
>just give me a run down
The system is too complex to just "give you a run down". Besides, if you can't be bothered to just sit and read for a while, especially on a topic which interests you, it doesn't make a good impression.
>>
Anyone give me Crowley's philosophical views and a basic run-down on the Enochian system?

No links, no readings, just tell me as it is without the astrological views.
>>
How do I spiritually unbug myself?
>>
>>16864199
Have sex with a goat.
>>
>>16864201
Voice of experience.
>>
>>16864201
Like i get it was a joke but I seriously doubt your credibility man, not just you but most of /x/ which describes a whole range if people, and all the esoteric junkies.

Used to do magic and stuff I get how it works all I want to know is

>a simple run down of Crowley's philosophical views, what his definition of "magick" was

>Run down of Enochian system in the simplest form

I need to hear it from one of you guys it is serious and important to my research at the moment
>>
>>16864208
Enochian is literally cuck magic.
John Dee employed a scam artist named Edward Kelly to talk to angels through a rock. Among the things the "angels" said were "pay Kelly more money" and "swap wives with Kelly". Both of which Dee fell for. Nine months after that happened, Dee's wife gave birth to a kid that was definitely Kelly's.

Kelly lives on in our hearts, continuing to cuck wizardfags to this very day.
>>
>>16864266
So how many magicians actually read the book of Enoch, most likely none.

Besides angel contact is natural why would anyone need to cast a spell for it
>>
Has anyone ever done the exercises in the walewski manuscript?
>>
>>16864283
It's a bit of a misnomer, neither of them ever called it "Enochian". I think the Golden Dawn gave it that name.
>>
>>16864186
Crowley's philosophical views: do whatever you want, but you'd better have a good reason. That's literally the whole philosophy. One of Crowley's flaws was deeming every one of his reasons good, which is why he lived like a degenerate.

As far as practice goes, he worked under the assumption that these pandimensional beings will not only do thy bidding, but stay inside that little triangle and outside the circle you drew on the ground because fuck logic (let alone respect for the forces you ask for help, and dark ephemeral ones at that).
>>
>>16864208
>>a simple run down of Crowley's philosophical views, what his definition of "magick" was

So you can't use Google? Literally type that into Google and you'll get answers.

>>Run down of Enochian system in the simplest form

THAT is the simplest form. Enochian IS complex, there is nothing at all that is simple about the system as it was given.

>I need to hear it from one of you guys it is serious and important to my research at the moment

Well, don't count on me. If you're doing research, you best get reading.

>>16864283
>why would anyone need to cast a spell for it

Clearly you misunderstand what magic is.

>>16864329
>he worked under the assumption that these pandimensional beings will not only do thy bidding, but stay inside that little triangle and outside the circle you drew on the ground because fuck logic

Actually it is very logical; Crowley was heavily indoctrinated in the Plymouth Brethren, a very strict group, who bought into the Aristotelian notion that man, by virtue of having a soul, is master and has all rights to control these beings.

There's a reason why so much of his work connects with the Bible, and why he was rebelling against his Christian upbringing; that however doesn't mean that he got rid of it, in many ways.
>>
>>16864149
If you don't like crowley, Isreal Regardie is a more than competent author. Regardie did study with Crowley for a while, though it's questionable what he learned from him. And where Crowley reworked a few GD temples into the OTO, Regargie's work is much more mainline GD.
>>
I asked this in the last thread but got no reply
Witch and occultist who venerates Set here.
Ive communicated with him and had him directly intervene in my life, but how can I get him to manifest in godform to me?
>>
>>16864590
>how can I get him
You can't. He comes and goes as he likes.
>>
>>16864600
I'm well aware that he's the "I do what I want" god but is there any way I could coax such an interaction?
>>
>>16864600
>he's STILL here
Do you do anything besides shitpost on /x/?
School? Job?
>>
>>16864613
Well, I suppose you could go with the Invocation of Kronos, perhaps do the Duat ritual, I should also think you would get a lot of out Enochian interactions, if you're not pressed for time.

>>16864615
Yup. I actually do quite a lot with my life, believe it or not.
>>
>>16864624
>I actually do quite a lot with my life, believe it or not.
t. guy who spends all day on /x/ pretending to be a wizard
>>
>>16864663
You are not attempting to get information on who he is and what he does IRL, do you?
>>
File: I'd fight Gandhi.gif (736 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
I'd fight Gandhi.gif
736 KB, 500x300
>>16864683
Nah. He would just ask if he cared.

On another note, what do you people think of extraterrestrial contact induced with drugs/ hypnosis/ trance?
>>
>>16864529
Was waiting for
>>16864329
>>16864297
Because he put it together.. I understand magic and why you don't need to do it as well like the people you guys give credit to are just as delusional as you are
>>
>>16864694
Well, that's what you get when you ask to be spoonfed.
>>
File: LamSm.jpg (45 KB, 250x336) Image search: [Google]
LamSm.jpg
45 KB, 250x336
>>16864687
>On another note, what do you people think of extraterrestrial contact induced with drugs/ hypnosis/ trance?
Did Crowley tried that?
>pic related
>>
>>16864707
>Did Crowley tried that?
Indeed.

As has basically everything practicing occultist I know of.

My experiences were very weird, although never with direct manifestation, except in once case, where I saw Lam (entirely unrelated to the actual working) show up in the shewstone.

Over the following days I had an immense amount of "flow" in the things I was doing, as if everything was in place. Didn't last long, but was an interesting experience.
>>
Why do you guys magic
>>
>>16864719
Can't help it.

Also trance states and related phenomena have been an interest of mine ever since I can remember, so naturally I just pursue this direction as far as I can take it.
>>
>>16864727
You likewise don't need "magic" to induce trance or phenomena

What kind of magic do you do?
>>
>>16864734
>You likewise don't need "magic" to induce trance or phenomena

Oh, I know. It's my job.

>What kind of magic do you do?

For myself? Mostly Enochian, sometimes daemonic astrology, as a friend calls it.
>>
>>16864758
So what "gods" or "entities" do yoh work with? Why is it your "job"
>>
>>16864764
>So what "gods" or "entities" do yoh work with? Why is it your "job"

Your reading comprehension is quite bad.
It's my job to induce trance and trance phenomena in people.

I don't work with gods; at most, I'd call them entities, but even then it's less than that. At the very best, I would say that I work with intelligences, and more precisely, I would say that I work with an Intelligent Void.

My job isn't magic; I'd be worse than a charlatan to go that route.
>>
>>16863652
Since Sufism requires humility,ordinariness (you are supposed not to stick out in way even if you're the magus), a pragmatic attitude toward life, good social skills, devotion toward the Supreme One, primarily the development of compassion toward other people whoever they are (poor, of another religious creed, rich, smart, stupid, atheist, etc), and using your common sense, I think it does not fit here.
>>
Reading Agrippa's "Three Books" now. Does anybody know what the fuck he's talking about in Chapter IV of Book 1?

>>16857530
>"Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage"
>Do you know where I can find those?
Dude, that one's fucking everywhere.
>>16857567
>>16857580
For shits 'n' giggles, I'd also recommend Joseph Campbell's "The Hero With A Thousand Faces." Following sequence from 0 to 21 is clearly a depiction of the Hero's Journey, taking the Fool into Enlightenment.
>>
>>16864782
>Does anybody know what the fuck he's talking about in Chapter IV of Book 1?
Compare the modes to the threefold permutation of the elements in the Zodiac.
>>
>>16864774
Ugh you still are not helping

Give me some friggin details m&
>>
>>16864791
Details about?
>>
>>16858092

I am so glad that anti-social schizophrenics have outlets like anime and 4chan.

I think without these things, you people would actually force change into the world.
>>
>>16864794
Explain what it is to me you do
>>
>>16864719
It's fun.
>>
File: rosycross.jpg (397 KB, 838x1110) Image search: [Google]
rosycross.jpg
397 KB, 838x1110
>>16864852
I read, I write, I create, I do magic, I help people.
I also talk a lot, in the way of doing these things.
>>
>>16864852
He acts haughty and superior on /x/, often taking it to the point of actual shitposting, though sometimes he can present relevant information, but only ever in a context that lets him put someone else down.

In short he's a toxic personality. His personal life is likely characterized by turbulence, unhealthy relationships, and denial.
>>
>>16864867
Who me or him but your likely wrong on both of your psycho-analysis as most of you are
>>
>>16864867
>He acts haughty and superior on /x/,

True.

>often taking it to the point of actual shitposting,

I wouldn't say often; if anything, I'd say I just don't let go of an argument until it's way too late.

>though sometimes he can present relevant information, but only ever in a context that lets him put someone else down.

Kinda sad how selective memory works.

>In short he's a toxic personality.

;(

>His personal life is likely characterized by turbulence, unhealthy relationships, and denial.

Actually it's much the opposite. It's fairly stale, stable, and boring. If it was turbulent, I probably wouldn't be spending much time here, ya know.

Gotta sit down and read them books.
>>
>>16864864
Thanks for nothing
>>
>>16864888
You only get as good an answer as the question you ask is.
You're welcome.
>>
>>16864891
Explain to me what magic you do and why you do it and "who" you do it for
>>
>>16864896
>Explain to me what magic you do

Enochian. Solomonic tradition stuff.

>and why you do it

Because it's a nice exercise in being present for the moment. Also because it appears to be useful on many fronts; emotionally, psychologically, as well as physically helpful.

>and "who" you do it for

Myself. As I already said, I don't do magic for strangers.
I suppose I would if offered millions, but it's not very likely.
>>
File: 1291442924066.png (107 KB, 709x2000) Image search: [Google]
1291442924066.png
107 KB, 709x2000
>>16864896
>>
>>16864906
So are you a mason and you like that jabulon clusterfuck of a god or?

What reasons would you do magic that are ultimately justified
>>
>>16864911
Not new to /x/ i am just asking for this dudes perspective to have some compassion and for my own results
>>
>>16864790
Fuck. I've always tried to ignore the Zodiac because it confused and bothered me that people placed importance upon arbitrary sky-patterns. Alright...
>>
>>16864912
>So are you a mason and you like that jabulon clusterfuck of a god or?

Not a mason. Just a dude who likes learning. And thinking. And arguing about ultimately pointless things.

>What reasons would you do magic that are ultimately justified

Because it's useful to me, simple as that. I don't need no excuse.

>>16864917
>compassion
...is the vice of kings.

>>16864918
The elements are entirely arbitrary as well, brah. It's all layers of abstraction built upon philosophy.
>>
>>16864924
Interesting, until next time
>>
>>16864924
Btw double negative there
>>
>>16864924
>The elements are entirely arbitrary as well, brah. It's all layers of abstraction built upon philosophy.
Yeah. It's a bit of a pain. I should really stop worrying about the subjectivity of magical systems, but...
>>
>>16864945
Consider this: your subjective experience is also objective in that your subjective experience exists objectively.

If you worry about subjectivity, let go of all the in-your-mind things, and consider the actions, the words, the objects as tools for physical change. How do colors affect space? How does scent, temperature, the time of the day affect say, your living room?
>>
>>16864964
DO they though?
>>
>>16864974
Most certainly. They change the frequency of the light, in your space, and therefore it aligns with a different part of the electromagnetic spectrum.
>>
>>16857667
uhh no. read what a bodhisatva is m8.
>>16858399
Vajrayana Buddhism, and some personal insights i have from practicing different hindu traditions.
no idea if it applies as a system, but mongolian shamanism, not Bon.
implying that i venerate gods... But tbh i have a close relationship with shiva and Glasya Labolas, but i do not hold them as a higher power in any way.

>>16858402
Liber Kaos is amazing. But the first few chapters sound like they were written by somone who lost his meds for quite some time. the rest is great, and works amazingly well as a basis for any other syetem of magick you will use.
>>16858672
>>16858645
did you ever feel like changing genders made deities and overall your spiritual work different?

>>16859018
>Maitreya
>god
thats one
>the Way we See is nothing more than an expression of the Way things are.
Because perspective is subjective, so the way you see a thing is the way it is for you. but it is not how truly the thing is because, it is only a projection of our mind.
>the Way we do things is our Style.
that... is the definition of style? thanks for stating that?
stop making yourself look enlightened tbh.

>>16861619
for the milionth time. Just cause words sound similar, doesnt meant they are connected. Different languages develop in different places, calling their gods in those languages, and naturally there occur coincidences.

that took some time to shift through. If anyone has any questions on vajrayana/tantrism and shamanism in general, ill be glad to answer
>>
>>16865053
What is some straight-up-vigorous-fucking sex tech you found in the East?
Does it differ a lot from our western tech?
>>
File: 1439849789435.jpg (1015 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1439849789435.jpg
1015 KB, 4500x4334
What does an occultist do for insomnia?
>>
>>16865118
mindfulness, cut caffeine, get on a set schedule, remove all electronics from near your bed so you know that the only thing you should be doing in bed is sleeping. same thing every one else does.
>>
>>16865118
Stop having insomnia.
>>
>>16865068
im not initiated or really interested in the sex practices, and they are pretty hidden so i dont know much about them? but in hindu tantra sex practices serve as a way to raise your energy that rests in the lowest chakra, which is the creative energy of the universe, to reach your crown chakra and merge with shiva energy, the stable, existance energy of the universe. When they both join together you are basicly the whole universe, and you see everything through non dual awareness.
Overall i love the way practice affects my well being, and i want to liberate myself of dual perceiving so that i can be free of suffering and free others from it, benefiting others.
western tech is a lot more practical i guess. vajrayana and tantra serve MOSTLY as a way of self bettering and gaining Bodhi - knowledge of non dual nature. There is a practical aspect of it in form of siddhis, but overall the emphasis is on becoming free by perceiving the emptiness of all things, and through compassion.

Shamanism however, is an amazing system. It encompasses all other systems and i believe there is no magickal system that does n ot have a shamanic elemnt in it. i highly reccomend looking into mongolian shamanism, since it may well be the last pure shamanic practice out there. All the native american shit is tainted and just purely bullshit.

Sorry if i made some of the tantra explanation sound sychoticly unstructured but im distracted rn
>>
>>16865167
So what do you think about vamacara?
>>
>>16865179
of the vamacara sadhanas i believe that aghri is the best. I have experienced on myself how doing even minimal austerities can improve your whole life.
Braking social norms does fight fear in general, and austerities as small as saying no to that hot shower and taking cold showers instead, can improve your whole self worth and state of mind. The aghoris take this to another level and can reach enlightenment through breaking of all bonds of the human brain.
Vamacara is a great path, and i think it is much stronger and quicker than RHP. But in those two i always dont understand why is sex part of the LHP. id see abstinence from sex as an austeritie, which is within itself a good thing for the human mind and for a humans spiritual path. It gets confusing
>>
>>16865247
It's less to do with austerity and more to do with breaking normativity. Not every LHP practitioner is an ascetic. There are plenty of householder traditions within both spheres of adumbration.
>>
>>16865247
>But in those two i always dont understand why is sex part of the LHP.

Because you misunderstand the idea; it's that of merging with matter, rather than separating oneself from it.

>>16865283
Anything one can self-initiate into?
>>
>>16865283
>Not every LHP practitioner is an ascetic.
I doubt any are and that sounds like a contradiction in terms to me. LHP is about embracing materiality not rejecting it.

Any desire to be an ascetic is based entirely in ego making it a dead end for them.
>>
>>16865297
well that implys you can merge with it. It is simply a projection of your mind so how can i merge with something devoid of self?
RHP and LHP are probably the most confusing traditions since in different tantric traditions they mean different things.
>>
Does anybody have any questions? I don't know where to start setting you people straight.
>>
>>16865335
>It is simply a projection of your mind

Is it?

>so how can i merge with something devoid of self?

Is it?

>>16865348
What do you think of Al-Kindi?
>>
>>16865335
>It is simply a projection of your mind
Nah.
Fun experiment: get someone to kick you in the balls. Then come back and tell me how reality is a projection of your mind.
>>
>>16865355
>What do you think of Al-Kindi?
He is fine? What do you think about him? In that way, we can narrow the question down to what part of Al-Kindi you want to know what I think about.
>>
>>16865355
>>16865356
well according to my experience and the tradition i follow, it is.
>>
>>16865368
De Stellarum Radiis.

>>16865370
>well according to my experience and the tradition i follow, it is.

I don't think that's healthy.
>>
>>16865370
>my experience
Cool, you're kinda like Hanz then. Trying to escape the simulation to be with your wife, just replace simulation with material reality and wife with spirit or budda or whatever you want to call your waifu state of being.
>>
>>16865370
No, it is not, as the experiment of getting kicked would demonstrate. You do not understand what they are saying.

Ask yourself, does my tradition run contrary to the truth? If Yes, then it is false. Alternatively, Do you simply not understand?
>>
>>16857546

At least it's not run by YOU.
>>
>>16865405
I already have my own thing, don't worry :^)
>>
>>16865375
>De Stellarum Radiis
Picking a specific book doesn't get us any closer to the question. Philosophy is misleading.

What about the book? Think about what you like, don't like, or are confused about. All three are potential points for clarification, more so if you understand why you feel the way you do,
>>
>>16865420
Well, it's a question about what YOU think about the book. I already know what I think. You asked for questions, here's one.
>>
File: 1443544122116.jpg (88 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1443544122116.jpg
88 KB, 650x650
>>16865247
>Vamacara is a great path, and i think it is much stronger and quicker than RHP. But in those two i always dont understand why is sex part of the LHP.

It's all about purity, especially in relation with religious rules dominating India.
In the South Asian Context, the so called "left handed activities" deal with things that are considered polluting, like bodily secretions, women, lower castes, sick people, prohibited and unclean areas (funeral grounds). The reason behind the practices is not as as much as unite with matter (Western misunderstanding, because there are tantric teaching that are entirely right handed) as freeing yourself from social concepts and what think as self and as a result realizing the non dual state. For a Hindu, having sexual intercourse with a low caste or outcaste woman at night in the middle of the charnel ground is the same as for a Westboro Christian enjoying homosexual sex or for an Atheist bowing before an altar in church - it's literally casting everything you believe in. However, running through all this activities is the understanding that nothing is holy or dirty, that everything in its original state is empty and inherently sacred.
The right hand path achieves the same end (nonduality) but through means that are considered safe and pure from the viewpoint of Hindu and Buddhist society. Basically, it's celibacy (check the history of Tibetan Buddhism for the problems between sexual practices and the celibacy prescribed in the Vinaya to understand the difference between left and right), the usual yoga, monastic institutions, popular Buddhism and so on.
TL;DR: The distinction is entirely an Eastern thing, and it's not about the good or bad in the Western sense. The end is the same in both ways. What way suits you the best depends on your psychological structure.
If it still unclear, read the Laws of Manu and compare them with tantric practices.
>>
>>16861238
>I once had the opportunity to speak with a seiðkona

I bet she was actually a spaekona that didn't - and still doesn't - realize that what they call seidr is actually spaecraeft and is only a subsection of seidr, not seidr itself.
>>
Magic isn't real.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.