[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone see some strange bright shiny star, close to Venus,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1441088386105.jpg (1 MB, 1955x1099) Image search: [Google]
1441088386105.jpg
1 MB, 1955x1099
Does anyone see some strange bright shiny star, close to Venus, but a lot more brighter. Really like a small moon. I'm in Moscow if that matters - so mostly asking europeans.
>>
I like that album.
>>
>>16849313
no, too many clouds in the sky to see but I'm also in America.
>>
A star went supernova and we are lucky enough to witness it as it happened in our lifetimes
>>
It's called the black omen.
>>
File: aa.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
pic or didnt happen
>>
Mercury
>>
>>16849344
technically it would have happened millions/billions of years ago
>>
I'm in the US and have noticed a "star" in the Eastern sky around 3am

It's brighter than any other objects in the night sky except the moon which should mean it is either the star Sirius or Venus

However Sirius is below the constellation Orion and this star doesn't move with the constellation as the others do so its not Sirius

That leaves Venus as a possibility, however planets do not give off the twinkle that stars do because they do not give off their own light, they only reflect the suns light

The object I am observing definitely is twinkling as it has very defined spokes of light coming out of it

I can't find any information on it anywhere
>>
>>16849313
>oh sun of the morning star, how thou art fallen

Probably just lucifer
>>
>>16850289
>morning star
Venus
>>
File: 1442045389212.gif (557 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1442045389212.gif
557 KB, 500x375
>>16850270
it's a Jupiter Mars alignment check it out on a starmap before you go full ayyliums
>>
>>16850385
I tried looking for a star map and couldn't find one that showed this object in the sky.

If you could find one please show me
>>
Am in Scotand and have been seeing it every morning this week. Assumed it was Venus but it just seems too bright.
>>
>>16850520
It's Venus lol. I'm about to do rounds at work. Gotta go see if I can see Venus like usual. Plus, that "twinkle" is the light interacting with the various gases in the atmosphere. Because it's Venus.
>>
File: 2015-october-16 planets.jpg (10 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
2015-october-16 planets.jpg
10 KB, 430x430
>>16849805
>technically it would have happened millions/billions of years ago
Oh shut up.

>>16849313
OP, does pic related make any sense to your view? (would help if you confirmed time and direction) You're probably thinking Jupiter is Venus and Venus is the "strange bright shiny star". There are times that Venus looks brighter than normal. And yeah if you saw it through a telescope it would be a crescent, like the moon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.