[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Irrational fears what are your fears in life? fears that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 27
File: Fear-spelled-out.jpg (557 KB, 1795x1288) Image search: [Google]
Fear-spelled-out.jpg
557 KB, 1795x1288
ITT: Irrational fears

what are your fears in life? fears that could be considered "stupid" but still affects your life

aka something the spooks the fuck outta ya
>>
>>15963654
social anxiety
>>
depression
>>
>>15963654

horses, cant go near em.

their big legs and long heads are just too much.
>>
File: Scary-Wave.jpg (224 KB, 960x680) Image search: [Google]
Scary-Wave.jpg
224 KB, 960x680
goddman greys

these fuckers terrify the shit out of me
specially because i live close to he mountains

my biggest fear is to get up a night to take a piss, then seeing one of these skinny fucks watching me form outside the window.

another thing is deep water (when you cant see the bottom)
i feel like something is going to pull me into the bottom when swimming (thats why i dont fuckign swim at all, specially lakes)
>>
>>15963665
Nigger
>>
>>15963673
i aint even black
>>
>>15963674
ur soul is u emo fuck
>>
File: 1419461221953.jpg (242 KB, 858x621) Image search: [Google]
1419461221953.jpg
242 KB, 858x621
>>15963654

I once watched a documentary about Black Holes eating the earth while i was having a cold as a kid.

This escalated really badly. Somehow, i threw all the logic out of the window and constantly feared about getting killed by asteroid, black hole or other improbable phenomenon.

I was constantly scared shitless and i could not watch the sky at all when stars were visible. Everytime when we had to learn something about space in the school i went batshit and tried to block my ears from that shit. One time i fucking escaped lecture because we were going to watch a space documentary.

I have no idea why i feared it that much. I knew it was really stupid, but the fear was just there. And the fear vanished just as quickly it had appeared.
>>
>>15963676
nigga i live in the mountains
goddamn bears are the least of my worries
>>
>>15963678
Space is scary!
>>
>>15963673
double nigger
>>
>>15963654
Shower drains, looking at or touching them makes me uncomfortable. To step on one by accident would give me a heart attack.

My parents told me that when I was 5 in our old house I was showering alone and a crab climbed out of the shower
drain. They found me shaking, frozen in terror in a corner of the shower after wondering what took me so long.
>>
>>15963654

Lightbulbs turned on

Inflated balloons
>>
>>15963661
Shit, I love horses and just came back from the stable, but now that you say that, their legs and heads are indeed creepy...
>>
File: ur_mums_butt.jpg (9 KB, 236x176) Image search: [Google]
ur_mums_butt.jpg
9 KB, 236x176
>>15963693

Let's have a quick dip here.
>>
>>15963654
spiders, not very original
>>
Worms, I can't fucking stand the gross little shits.

I remember being a kid and finding a thread Snake, and it freaked me the fuck out because it lunged at me, fucker was huge, I was like 4 too, then I saw that weird ass Worms "horror" movie on Nickelodeon that freaked me out.

Worms are just fucking weird, they either burrow into your skin, intestines, etc. or burrow into the ground with the multiple hearts, no eyes, and just wriggling regenerative bodies.

Fuck worms.
>>
I always feel people are judging my appearance in public and they are making rude comments in their head.

I like to go out with my parents to the grocery store and to the mall a lot.

At my age.. it just looks odd..
>>
Someone is spreading really bad rumors about me. But these rumors are also about something really delicate and awkward, so no one brings it up when I'm around.

Another fear is that I'll be arrested, tried and imprisoned, naturally for something I didn't do, by some terrible stroke of bad luck, like I leave DNA where I sneezed, or corrupt police and prosecutors need a scapegoat, or mistaken identity, etc. Imagining no one believing me is almost as bad as the imprisonment.
>>
>>15963752
Nobody cares. No one is thinking in their head "Holy fucking shit, they are with their PARENTS"

"what fucking losers"

"what are they going to do next take their fucking DOG for a walk??"

"Hay man, what's up bro, I just thought I'd call you and tell you how odd it was, guess who I saw at the mall with their PARENTS!!!1"
>>
>>15963752
>>15963775
One day you wont have parents.
>>
>>15963775
I've thought that before. Yes it means I'm a shit person but my point is that I'm in no way special and due to that, there are others out there that have thought the same.
>>
File: 1427428545580.jpg (67 KB, 675x434) Image search: [Google]
1427428545580.jpg
67 KB, 675x434
unnatural faces and glowing eyes freak me out. Nothing else though really. Wolves used to terrify me to the point I'd break down in hysterics as a kid, but I grew out of it. Never even been near any wolves in my entire life so the fear of them never made sense to me.
>>
>>15963783
no you are not a shit person, you were just telling your fear, I probably shouldn't have responded that way. Sorry
>>
Throwing up and be close to someone doing it.
>>
>>15963790
I'm not that guy. I was trying to say that I've thought mean thoughts about people like the ones you mentioned. So telling that guy that no ones out there doing that shit is false.
>>
>>15963798
woah, you think less of people for going to mall with their parents? HAahahaha , that's pretty funny man.
>>
>>15963780
you slice of sunshine you
>>
>>15963804
It's in no way limited to just that specifically but yes. Holiday shopping gets a free pass though.
>>
>>15963807
I study away from home and I'm in a gigantic mess in my life. When I see people walking around with their parents I envy them because it reminds of the old, safe teenager times when I wasn't so fucked up and my problems revolved around threads 404ing.
I just want to go home and walk around shopping with my mom. I want to go back in my life so bad it hurts.
>>
I hate shopping. Like I really hate it. And window shopping is the worse.
>>
The spawn of the underworld or /r9k/

Butterflies.

They are evil little demons with probiscus.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 306x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 306x423
>>15963654
My number one used to be wasps/hornets. Which might not even sound like something that irrational, but my behaviour definite was.
If I saw one outside I would bolt towards the house and slam the door behind me, and just the sound of one nearby would send me into hysterics. I haven't been stung by one in years but I know if I did, I would start crying not because of pain but because it was a wasp specifically.
This probably has something to do with the fact that when I was 3 or 4 I was playing in a wooded area and I ripped open a hornets nest. It was on the hinges of some old wooden trunk someone left there.
My fear isn't as bad now but I still panic a little when I see more than one, and cringe at pictures of them (so here's a nice little bumble bee instead).
>>
>>15963837
I've gone back to r9k. I don't think I am ever coming back.
>>
>>15963830
online shopping: ok
And who dosen't like butterflies.
now moths
>>
>>15963830
>window shopping
You don't like to look at things?
>>
>>15963846
Moths

Plea

No.

I cant even, I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about them.

Fucking furry scum lords.
>>
>>15963848
I go window shopping alone, it's dark, dusty, silent. I see a reflection in the mirror, no , it...can't be....the reflection..it's...

...it's my parents.

They don't notice me, but because we are both looking in the same window, I am in the terrifying position of window shopping with my parents.

People circle around me, and start judging me.

God I want to die.
>>
Sometimes I am scared to die.
Other times I am at peace with it.
Other times I want to die.
Sometimes I feel like I am dying.
Which is a lot of the time.
Unfortunately though, I keep living.
>>
>>15963848
no. Now driving around aimless. I like that.
>>
>>15963853
what?
>>
>>15963853
One day both your parents will be dead.
>>
>>15963853
How can you see both your parents. I've seen my dead mothers face on accident in a refection a couple times.
>>
>>15963752
So I guess people really do judge you, according to this thread. But if someone has bad thoughts about you, then you don't have to have bad thoughts about yourself.

It is impossible to avoid people having negative thoughts about you, no matter how famous or successful you are.

But you never have to beat yourself up for it.
>>
parents can be. But even getting dragged around with your girlfriend. Is, this sucks.
>>
>>15963876
>So I guess people really do judge you
and they can fuck right off
like I give two shits
>>
>>15963877
>getting dragged around
then don't fucking be in a shitty relationshit where you get dragged around
>>
>>15963885
cool story bro
>>
>>15963875
>my dead mothers face

was her face happy, sad, angry, scary, neutral?

Could you tell that it was just your brain playing tricks, or did it seem real?
>>
Being in water alone... I just get that feeling as if a shark will pull me under even if its in a bathtub
>>
>>15963894
fuck off
>>
>>15963894
One day you will catch glimpses as you get older. Then you will understand arm chair psychologist.
>>
>>15963897
>>15963899

you have to expect questions when you post on /x/ about seeing you dead mothers face.

It wasn't even disrespectful questions.
>>
>>15963904
FUCK OFFF
>r9k is now going to be my homeboard
fucking normies
>>
>>15963911
well, that explains it
>>
>>15963917
it's my parent you piece of shit
this person is a part of me
do you not understand?
HOW MAYBE THAT IS A TOUCHE SUBJECT?
OooOOOOoOooH SO FUCKING SPOOKY RIGHT?
Fuck you! Have some respect! Fuck off!
>>
File: tumblr_m8toam9S4r1r2yrc9o1_500.jpg (28 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8toam9S4r1r2yrc9o1_500.jpg
28 KB, 500x359
I get scared to queue in League of Legends. I'm more scared of my team than actual ghosts or demons.
>>
>>15963654
Mirrors.

The fear that something in the reflection is different than what is in the room. That somebody else is in the reflection with you.
>>
File: 1231362919994.jpg (25 KB, 638x477) Image search: [Google]
1231362919994.jpg
25 KB, 638x477
>>15963922
Shit, son, you are Grade A, Top tier, 100% hilariously mad.
>>
File: buzz.jpg (31 KB, 511x409) Image search: [Google]
buzz.jpg
31 KB, 511x409
>>15963838
Here you go, anon.
>>
>>15963926
It's nice to know my pain and suffering brings you pleasure.
>>
>>15963926
and you're a fucking insect.

I'd rather be mad than trash.
>>
>>15963853
that's some retarded harry potter shit right there
>>
File: w3wsw354.jpg (931 KB, 2328x1292) Image search: [Google]
w3wsw354.jpg
931 KB, 2328x1292
>>15963924
this so much, i dont even know why
>>
>>15963678
What the fuck..... I just remembered that I had this fear as a child only it was in the day time.
My parents once told me that we could just float away if the gravitational pull was ever destroyed
>>
when i was a kid i used to be really scared for this guy
>>
File: Zwarte_Piet_350454b.jpg (20 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
Zwarte_Piet_350454b.jpg
20 KB, 400x267
>>15963983
>this guy
>>
>>15963989
>>15963983
you're just mad he is stylin
>>
Vomiting. I can't eat 2 hours before leaving the house. Can't eat anything outside beside a piece of candy.
>>
>>15963752
I'm the same or was. Went to a psychiatrist and she gave me meds along with the therapy. It worked. I can now go out alone without feeling like people are saying bad things about me. I have paranoid schizophrenia. Maybe you do too.
>>
>>15964022

I too have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. Before medication I used to think people could see my thoughts when they got to a certain radius around me.
>>
>>15963678
What if I told you we were a part of a supermassive black hole, anon? How would you feel then?
>>
File: 1411190694368.gif (9 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1411190694368.gif
9 KB, 150x150
>>15964101
>>
>>15963654
Swallowing food (pseudodysphagia). It comes and goes but it's annoying as shit. I've almost choked a few times so it makes me panic if I think about it and takes me literally fucking ages to eat anything.

>About 6
>Eating sandwich at party
>Bite off far too much
>Start choking
>Heimlich saves the day
>Couple of years later
>Eating Milky Way (not sure what they're called in America)
>Haven't chewed it anywhere near enough
>Start choking
>Heimlich saves the day again
>Last year
>Have to take tablets
>Nigga looks the size of a hockey puck
>Gets stuck in my throat
>Force it down with more mouthfuls of water
>Still panic

It's balls when it happens though because you can't eat anything chewy or tough like steak or anything stringy like cheese on a pizza. I'm pretty sure it stemmed from choking as a kid and being reminded of it because before that I was totally fine with swallowing food regardless what it was. It's even worse if you've been 420blazinit because of how much more you think and how much hungrier you are.

>tfw you'll never be normal
>tfw they release a tablet that makes you normal
>tfw can't swallow it
>tfw release a liquid medicine instead
>tfw it costs £250,000 and you'll never be able to afford it
>tfw vicious circle from which you can never escape
>>
>>15964104
I theorize that it's partially the reason why our system, the way it's designed, drifts off in a certain direction more and more each year. Kind of odd, but if it doesn't drift more than a certain point, it's safe to say we're much farther away from such a disaster.
>>
File: et.gif (877 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
et.gif
877 KB, 500x269
>>15963654
When I was younger I was totally terrified of E.T. I don't know exactly what it was that made me so irrationally afraid of it, but I had nightmares for years and years about him, and he was never friendly in any of my dreams. I had dreams where he was dragging me or chasing me through the woods, dreams of him attacking me, it was never pleasant.

I think my fear of him eventually developed into a fear of aliens in general. I'm not so much afraid of E.T. anymore, but I'm irrationally afraid of the whole alien abduction scenario, even though I know how ridiculous the whole thing is and how it's definitely related to sleep paralysis and not actual abductions. There's just something about being alone in my home in the dark that triggers me, that "peeking alien" scene from Communion didn't help me get over this at all, either.

Luckily I've never had any sleep paralysis experiences that are anything like abductions, and I've never had any dreams with the typical grey aliens, at least that I can remember.
>>
>>15963654
Ghosts and bad spirits
>>
>>15963654
FUCKING.
TRAFFIC.
LIGHTS.

Don't even get me started man, I have to walk home from work at 11 every night and I pass underneath this horrible fucking traffic light. It sounds ridiculous typing it but I fucking hate those things.
>>
>>15963860
Are you me?
>>
>>15963764
>the first one
Me too.
>>
Bananas, can't be near them or even talk too much about them. If anyone near me eats them I have to leave the area. This also goes for anything banana flavoured etc.
>>
>>15963654
For each a road
For everyman a religion
Find everybody and rule
Fuck everything and rumble
Forget everything and remember
For everything a reason
Forgive everybody and remember
>>
>>15963927
Not even going to open the thumbnail. Nope. No way.
>>
>>15963654
I am terrified of animatronics in water. I have nightmares all the time about theme park animatronics underwater, especially giant ones. No idea where it came from and it's the most random thing. But remember 'AI: Artificial Intelligence' where the kid is exploring the abandoned underwater theme park? That scared the shit out of me.
>>
boats, which is sad because i love the ocean so much, but boats scare me shitless.

also just being by myself for too long.
>>
File: jaws1200.jpg (227 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
jaws1200.jpg
227 KB, 1200x800
>>15964317
Now that I think about it, this may have had something to do with the Jaws ride that used to be at Universal. I went on it as a kid and that shit messed me up somewhere deep down.
>>
>>15964227
That's called YLYL Syndrome. You'd be surprised how many people on 4chan are in the early stages of it.
>>
hot stuff. can be fire, hot water, acids, bases.
>>
>>15963752
To be honest, no one really notices stupid shit like that. They may glance at you, as everyone people watches, but they're aren't going to talk shit about you walking around with your parents.

I'm 20 and I love going shopping with my mom, her and I are like best friends. Learn to love your parents and enjoy time with them. They won't be there forever, as other anons have also stated.

But, that being said, you sound like a child and children often resent their parents for silly shit. But you'll get it when you're older.
>>
Gays. Always trying to lead me away from the STRAIGHT path.
>>
>>15963654
Failure
>>
Getting killed n shit.
>>
i'm still scared of the dark and being in the house alone at night.
>>
Jumping out of planes.

Not necessarily afraid of heights but I almost shit myself everytime I jump from a plane. I hate it

Oh and my job requires me to jump all the time.
>>
I'm afraid of people falling on me, when trying to kill themselves. Everytime I go out, I look towards the tops of buildings, for dangers.
>>
Manticores.
>>
>>15964603
sounds like you're afraid of your house
>>
>>15963678
Fuck nigga I was scared as black holes when I was a kid I remember one day I was fucking scared crying that were ganna die, mom called my dad at work, he told me to get a peice of paper write a 1 and bow to pit 100 0s behind and that's how long a black hole will take to reach earth
Idk why but after he did that I wasn't scared anymore God I was a fucking little Bitch
I was also scared of the humpty dumpty song , I'm still a tiny bit unnerved by it but I th I k it's just the tune th at makes something click in my head idk why
But ik its just me being a fuck head
>>
>>15964639
yeah, i am. certain rooms particularly. but i have the same feelings of fear in every place i've ever stayed.
>>
>>15964679
How far have you traveled?
location location location is the most important thing
>>
>>15964685
i've not travelled that much.
i live on the west coast of scotland.
i went to san francisco for a month last november and i had fearful feelings in the house i lived in there too. probably worse than in scotland. but i think california in general has this underlying heavy, dark, doomed vibe.
>>
File: 1417292941090.jpg (8 KB, 200x218) Image search: [Google]
1417292941090.jpg
8 KB, 200x218
>>15963665
are you me?
>>
>>15963792
This. You are not alone.
>>
Mirrors when it's dark.

As a kid i was terrified of something crawling into my belly button after i saw the matrix.
>>
>>15963654
Bloodsucking insects.
It's not even a phobia per se, but I developed this after a specific event.
There's a huge field behind my house (the town owns it). Some years ago, at summer, there was a SEVERE tick and mosquito invasion problem.

Basically we had hundreds of ticks crawl past a 3 meters tall brick fence, through our yard, and towards our windowsills. Every day for two months. Trying to get inside to suck our blood. My poor dog was covered in them.
And the mosquitoes, well, they just rest on doors and waited until we opened them. Mind you, we have nets on every window and kept all doors closed. They literally just waited for us to open, then swarmed in.

Eventually we bought the strongest pest-killing bullshit available and sprayed it everywhere for weeks, which slowly solved the issue (for us, neighbors were still fucked).

After that summer, each time I see a mosquito or another bloodsucker, I freak out and don't calm down until I've killed it.
>>
I have a legitimate fear of small holes. Like that tryphophobia shit fad, but its not just gross to me. I will legitimately have panic attacks when i see that stuff.
>>
>>15963654
the fear of someone hiding in car / house
>>
Tarantulas.

I was 5 or 6, lying in bed, looked up and saw the motherfucker about the size of my fist on my goddamn pillow. It didn't do anything but fuck I was scared. Shit's nasty.
>>
>>15963787
>glowing eyes
Oh boy do I have the story for you...
>be 4-ish
>sleep with mom usually
>she falls asleep
>I cuddle up by her
>can't sleep
>look at the room
>there's a gap between the wall and the ceiling (we were in a basement)
>weird...
>close eyes
>try to sleep
>still can't
>look back at gap
>a pair of red eyes are looking back at me
It haunts me even now. I half-expect to see it, sometimes, lurking in the shadows. I don't really remember much else about the incident except for the intense wave of fear I felt as I hid under the blanket, stealing a peek at the red eyes, still watching me nonetheless. I tried to wake my mom up, but she didn't see anything, and went back to sleep. I must have fallen asleep eventually; when I awoke, it was gone.
>>
File: 1424586131592.png (829 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1424586131592.png
829 KB, 853x480
>>15963780
>>
>>15964749
Probably because they're on top of huge land faults.

IT'S END OF ZE WORLD, AND THEY BREAK OFF TO JOIN AUSTRALIA cuz fuck Mureekaw
>>
Space suits. They gimme the heebie jeebies
>>
I get chills and all my hairs go up whenevr I feel that weird, yellow, light, spongy material found in some futons and mattresses. The texture just sets me off even just thinking about it
>>
>>15965785
Foam rubber?
>>
>>15963838
like 3 years ago I was working at my uncle's warehouse, I opened a big fucking gate and from the inside a dozen of wasps went out like stukas and in a second 4 or 5 of them stung me in the face (chin and upper neck)
I was so surprised that I fell on my ass and went back inside
>>
I ain't scurred.
>>
I'm not scared of anything, OP.
>>
>>15963654
I have a very real phobia of the mentally handicapped.
>>
>>15963838
Something similar happened to me when I was a kid. We used to have two berry bushes next to our front door that would have bees all up in it, and you had to walk in between the two bushes to get to the door. But the bees never really gave a shit about people walking past them, and never attacked us.

The wasps, however, would build nests near the other door we had. One day, when I was like 7, I walked out that door and right into a swarm. I probably got stung about 6 times all over my arms and legs. But I never developed a fear for them. I'm actually afraid of werewolves, which aren't real and which have never hurt me (obviously). But something that HAS actually hurt me and caused some of the most excruciating pain ever, the yellow jackets, I'm completely cool around.

Why my brain decided to be more scared of a fake thing than a real one, I don't really understand.
>>
>>15965595
Sounds like your eyes were just glazed (so you'd see double) and you saw the red light from a smoke alarm.

But if you really did see two red eyes, then, fuck that.
>>
>>15967153
Do you avoid pain?
Then you feel fear CHECK MATE:D
>>
>>15963654
23y afraid of dark
>>
>>15967432
There was nothing fucking there. No smoke alarm, lights, or anything. I saw those red eyes, man. I can't say what it was, all I know Is I feel a huge sense of discomfort and I don't wanna look behind me. I'm not even roleplaying; this shit was real, or I at least thought it was as a kid. Hell, even now I'm not sure it wasn't some kinda demon or something. I still haven't decided if it was malevolent. I was just scared as fuck as a kid.
>>
File: stingthefuckoutofyou.jpg (30 KB, 634x400) Image search: [Google]
stingthefuckoutofyou.jpg
30 KB, 634x400
>>15963838
Anon, I'm going to hold you down and let this fucker sting the fuck out of you face.

Feel any anxiety from that pic and sentence?
>>
>>15967728
>>
>>15963752
Are you me?
>>
File: 1425764709799.webm (182 KB, 202x360) Image search: [Google]
1425764709799.webm
182 KB, 202x360
>>15963735
>>
>>15967728
/balt/
>>
File: ..........png (25 KB, 205x111) Image search: [Google]
..........png
25 KB, 205x111
>>15968099
>>
>>15963665
The fuck are greys?

>asking for a friend
>>
File: 1426480519960.jpg (306 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
1426480519960.jpg
306 KB, 500x800
>>15968134
the grey aliens
>>
>>15968136
Thx, from the thumbnail I thought he was blowing the alien guy.
>>
>>15963654
Flying. I have an irrational fear that the pilot might try to commit suicide by flying the plane into the ground or into some high buildings n shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 620x348
>>15963654
Whales.
They live in an environment where we as land creatures are at a disadvantage. They are fucking huge. They don't give a shit about what they run into. I'm not afraid that they will swallow me, its just the sheer power from there mass combined with the lack of caring from them.
>>
>>15968158
Yeah but how often do you run into a whale on a given day?
>>
>>15968164
that's why it's irrational.
>>
File: Yes.jpg (842 KB, 2338x1700) Image search: [Google]
Yes.jpg
842 KB, 2338x1700
>>15968136
>implying that's an irrational fear

Also, have some OC
>>
The ocean. But specifically sea creatures that are way bigger than normal. Squids the size of mountains, whales the size of Kansas and stuff like that
>>
>>15968164
I live on the coast of Alaska so when I go on boats and shit I'll see them. They scare the shit out of me.
>>15968173
Also This
>>
>>15968177
Did you draw this?
>>
The dark, things that go bump in the night, looking into a mirror at night.
>>
File: 1426772540996.png (19 KB, 571x448) Image search: [Google]
1426772540996.png
19 KB, 571x448
>>15965427
This. I'm grossed out and freak out at the same time. I hate the fact we have tiny holes inside of us. Freaky as fuck.
>>
>>15968212
Yes.
>>
>>15968283
It's nice. Saved it.
>>
>>15968292
>>15968283
Also is that alien Yee on the left?
>>
Every time I'm in a dark place or there is a dark spot I can see, I see something there, like a monster or ghost or just face. I get that it's (probably, at least) not really there, but it fucks with me every time. I can never really tell exactly what it is since it's gone almost immediately after I see it. Because of it, I've been terrified of the dark ever since I was a kid, although the fear isn't as bad as it used to be.
>>
>>15964131
In America Milky Ways are called Milky Ways
>>
>>15963678
same here, i hate space
>>
Would you rather be trapped in a sunken submarine or a stranded on the moon in a lunar lander?
>>
File: YLYL.png (257 KB, 516x526) Image search: [Google]
YLYL.png
257 KB, 516x526
>>15964227
How do you feel about this image?
>>
>>15968635
Haha! I really, really like this image. Can I save it? :D
>>
Not really a fear, per se, but I always found trains to be creepy. Particularly freight trains, for some reason even hearing them in the distance can be a little chilling
>>
>>15968658
Save it, it's all yours my friend :)
>>
>>15968299
I have no idea who that is. I just scribbled shit down.
>>
Walking up or down steps with space underneath it, I all ways imagine a grey or some shit grabing my ankle
>>
>>15963654

I'm afraid of the word mzyp
>>
>>15968852
[spoiler]MZYP[/spoiler]
>>
>>15968870
lol, forgot there's no spoilers on /x/
>>
To an illness that runs in my family and because a horse almost killed me, i can't be close to them
>>
>>15969003
Also clowns. Those motherfuckers are creepy as hell
>>
>>15963989
Zwarte Piet? Hij is mijn neger. It's chimney soot m8
>>
>>15963665
Amen to that.

Some nights I can barely even sleep because I absolutely fucking KNOW one of those spooky little fuckers is in the room with me, even though on an intellectual level I know it's bullshit.

The eyes are the worst part, man. Freak me right the fuck out.
>>
>>15968147
That IS an irrational fear, everyone knows it's the copilot you should be afraid of.
>>
>>15968177
niggah I didn't imply nuttin
I jus showed that anon what that other anon was talking about.
>>
people
>>
if I have my neck too exposed. Like when I go to the dentist or the hair stylist i feel like i'm just asking them to slit my throat.
>>
>>15963654
Monsters
>>
Being immortal, see earth die, drift forever in space.
>>
>>15963654
Anything that looks human, but is not.
like those robot in fucking japan that look like a real person but with lifeless eyes and empty facial expressions.
I'm not sure where the fear comes from but goddamn do they scare me
>>
In order of severity and life impact:

1. Darkness.
Can't be in dark room. Will panic uncontrollably. Must sleep with lights on. Light equivalent to 2 candles is minimum.

2. Driving.
Driving car causes severe anxiety. No longer possible. Riding as a passenger causes anxiety only if driver is speeding or acting aggressive.

3. Large, open spaces.
Difficult to sleep without back to wall. Mildly upsetting to sit without back to wall. Tendency to squeeze into small spaces.

4. Imagined deformities.
Have dealt with this one pretty well. Used to spend hours plucking hairs individually and applying and re-applying make-up to hide imagined deformities. Now simply can't leave home without make-up. Actual scars and anatomical differences do not cause anxiety.

5. Dentistry.
Possibly not irrational, as differences in own nerves make lidocaine ineffective unless administered using a method most dentists don't use. Live with dental pain nearly daily. Filings, root canals, extractions, and crowns needed. Little to no fear experienced if administered nitrous oxide. Currently searching for dental office that provides this.

6. Governmental authority figures.
Possibly not irrational, given family history. Will avoid them to the point of seeming suspicious. Strong dislike of militarized uniforms.

7. Heights.
Fear is of intentionally jumping, not accidentally falling. Little fear experienced if strapped in, as in roller coaster.

8. Doctors.
Also possibility not irrational. Have multiple rare and difficult to treat chronic illnesses. Will go to appointments but experience paranoid thought patterns.

9. Public speaking.
Will panic, calm down long enough to deliver good performance, then feel exhausted.

10. Bees.
Possibly not irrational: Have history of weird allergies and haven't been stung. Will scream if a bee, wasp, or hornet comes within 10 feet.

I somehow still have a happy marriage and a high-level position within my company.
>>
>>15969302
I guess you're afraid that one tree out in your lawn will fall and kill the neighborhood. Or maybe you're also afraid that if you don't clean your socks IMMEDIATELY after taking them off, you'll die of foot fungus.

Fearmonger pls.
>>
>>15963654
the sea

dying alone
>>
>>15969308
While you're right that I'm a pathetic coward, I'm actually not afraid of trees or germs.

Perhaps oddly, I lack a lot of common fears, such as fear of flying, animals, weapons, fighting, small spaces, rejection, most illnesses, blood, vomit, choking, suffocation, swimming, ghosts, aliens, clowns, crowds, death, etc.
>>
>>15963838
Same for me, though I'm pretty much cripplingly terrified of bees, wasps, and anything else remotely related. As a kid I walked through a hornet's nest, I accidentally shook a bush with a wasp's nest, and I was stung by bees on the side of the pool on three separate occasions.

Now when I see one I move like a kid with brain damage. Once I dropped both groceries and my dog's leashes in order to run away from a wasp that flew by. The dogs almost got out in the streets because I couldn't move to get them.
>>
>>15968177
Just for the record, to all you fearmongers in this thread, I drew this in a bee-keeping class. I have become one with the BZZZ
>>
>>15963838
I was stung by one as a kid and I remembered it hurting like a bitch.
Wasn't stung again until last summer, walked past a nest and one got me right on the nose, it really wasn't bad at all. Just an annoying pain, followed by a very mild acidic feeling and some swelling.
I guess I remembered it hurting more as a kid because I was surprised and scared, and I've experienced a lot more pain since then.

My point is, it might be the same for you and the pain of getting stung is much worse than you are anticipating. Hope that helps.
>>
>>15969360
fucked up
>Much less than you are anticipating
>>
I´m terryfied of talking to people, spiders, darkness and heights.

I am a coward, as yo can see.
>>
>>15967438
No. Because no.
>>
Sea monsters have always been the most terrifying things to me.I get super paranoid swimming in deep water.
>>
>>15964131
This. After I started choking as a kid I didn't eat solid food for weeks.
>>
I have a huge fear of the thought of tubes ripping out of my heart. Also hospitals.
>>
Popsicle sticks. I'm terrified of tongue spliners
>>
>>15963654
pregnant women, specifically their stomachs when they get bigger
windows at night, also doors
the dark
dogs
>>
Talking with people over the phone. I can't really explain why, but I feel a constant dread before and during phone calls. Once I spent more than an hour sitting by the phone before I could call the dentist to reschedule. These days if I need to make an appointment or call a company I try to find someone I can talk with face to face instead.
>>
Babies near/on stairs. When I was a child I saw a baby falling down from the 4th floor in the building I lived. Never will forget how the baby crashed like an egg when hitting the floor. It's painful to remember that.
>>
>>15965187
>>15963925
>>15968243
I know the mirror thing all too well. It's dumb, but wayy too spoopy when it's dark.

Also dark rooms with the door left open. Activates the nope center of my brain and fight or flight response kicks in full force. Again, it's a stupid childish fear, nothing in this world is going to hurt you besides animals and people, but I just can't get over my imagination.
>>
I love you /x/
>>
>>15969571
2spooky4me
>>
Sharks. I have a birth mark on my right shoulder and in a past life I think a shark bit my right arm off at the shoulder, but didn't like it so it left me out in the ocean to bleed/drown to death. Fuck sharks.
>>
Coconut Head from Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

I'm fucking serious. That kid's too perfect skin, too perfect haircut, and giant soulless eyes that stared into your innocence. All fear, all darkness, all forms of evil can be traced back to this...creature....this nightmare....this demon...
>>
>>15969784
oh my god
>>
>>15963895
This. Being in a pool at night is terrifying to me.
>>
Mirrors, windows, and doorways all seriously freak me out at night.
>>
>>15963928
lol fuck off faggot
>>
having hooves. I don't care about being around hooved animals but the thought of having hooves makes me panic
>>
>>15965595
Small mammals commonly have a red eye glow
Probably just an opossum chillin in the ceiling, no biggie
>>
>>15963654
being bitten on the eye by a mosquito in the dark
>>
I fear winning lottery and livin' large
>>
I fear that a forum will get 404d and the site will be shut down shortly after a conspiracy thread. Happened here once. Right around the time I got into TOR and onions. Thought people were coming for me, and was also heavy into fringe bullshit. Cried like a bitch and got drunk. I guess it's a fear of being targeted for whatever reason. Fucking plebsicle shills cockfuckery nonsensical fedora asshatted cracker jacks.
>>
im afraid of dank memes
>>
>>15963860
Are you me? This describes me so well
>>
I have no irrational fears or phobias. This thread is fun to read though.
>>
>>15963654
Open spaces and clear skies scare the shit out of me. Unless I'm immersed in something interesting to take my mind off it, I feel like I'm going to 'fall' into the sky. I used to hate sitting with my friends at school because they liked to sit in the sun on the carpark on clear days. It was pretty tense for me so I'd just hang out in the library and read or play pokemon. Fuck that shit.

Also, tall buildings and huge things (like whale skeletons) scare the shit out of me.
>>
>>15964655
Those 'click' fears are the worst fears. Nobody understands your fear, and you can't really deal with it because there's no real cause. It's just there. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>15968136
I used to be fucking terrified of aliens. When I was a kid there was a movie (I think it was 'War of the Worlds', I dunno) on TV. The one with the tripod things.
I've seen a lot of horror movies and I have never had nightmares from them except for that movie. In my nightmares the town I lived in was obliterated by these things. And I knew our house and my family would be next. So I just curled up to cry because there was no escape.

That's the worst thing. If you don't understand it, you can't fight it.
>>
cotton balls..... im dead serious,
i fucking hate them its hard to explain but it's the sounds they make when you touch them.
fine with cotton shirts fine with cotton buds fine with cotton candy even but when i would scrape my knee and mum came at me with one of those white fluffly balls of fuck id lose my shit....... no idea why maybe i was raped by cotton balls and repressed it
>>
>>15963749
I absolutely hated earthworm jim back in the days for some reason.

Something about it disgusted me, not sure if it was an episode i watched but i remember not liking it after awhile
>>
>>15963922
Its 4chan, what do you expect? This aint some little hugbox, and especially bringing up that topic on /x/ i.e. a freaking paranormal board no less.

Truly sorry for your loss, but man learn to have some tact in posting personal info like that
>>
>>15963654
The number 13. Friday the 13th (I usually use a sick day). I never leave 13 cigarettes in my pack.
>>
Weird, violent, acid trip-tier cartoons. I used to stay up to watch O, Canada! back when I was little.
>>
>>15964227

Aflare?
>>
>>15969534
Are you me?
I'm generally a very social person and have no problem meeting new people, but phone calls to new people give me anxiety attacks.
>>
>>15967153
ayyy we are in the same boat
>>
>>15963654
Old people, like the ones over 80. I can't stand to be around them.
>>
>>15971287
Are you me?
>>
I'm terrified of water and bee's. And reflective shit makes me anxious as shit
>>
I'm scared of the dark, dutch ovens, and wet feet.
I'm not sure why I'm scared of dutch ovens, but like, I'll freak out with full on panic attacks at the prospect of having a dutch oven preformed on me.

I always carry extra socks and shoes with me in case, for whatever reason, my feel get wet. I can't stand wet feet. Now, if I'm not wearing shoes and socks, I can get me feet wet, like in the shower and shit, just not with fucking shoes and socks on.
>>
Furries. Cannot fucking stand them. Their huge, dead, lifeless eyes, their dumb expressions... Urgh... Fuck, man...
Actually, any kind of mascot costume that isn't a normal human being..
>>
File: hooked-thread-snake.jpg (155 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
hooked-thread-snake.jpg
155 KB, 650x488
>>15971446
I always liked Earthworm Jim, but I just can't stand worms, they're fucking creepy. That thread snake as a little kid just fucked with me too hard. I used to be scared of dogs too because when I was 3 the neighbors little chihuahua rushed up the hill after me because my big bouncy ball rolled down it when I was playing and managed to get my whole foot in it's mouth and tried ripping my foot off, that dog was eventually put down.

Just look at this creepy fucking thing, Snakes don't even bother me, I love Snakes except for this thing.
>>
>>15968143
m8 I just went from shitting my tightie-whities in fear to shitting in laughter in a matter of seconds.
>>
>>15971993
what? thats the cutest snake ive ever seen, dude

you gay bro
>>
>>15964191
am i you?
>>
>>15963654
Heights, but only extreme heights. And while it is common, I remember how I get it and how bad it has gotten is kind of funny but sad.

When I was 5 my dad took me to the top of the St. Louis arch, and that thing sways. So when he put me up to a window and it swayed down I had that whole cartoon "camera pulls in and out" thing happen and it just fucked me up ever since.

And it'd be common boring shit if it didn't become so irrational. Namely, I can't play sky levels in platformers. Super Mario Bros games are a mix of "fun" and "oh god", and that's just the 2D ones. Couldn't play any of he 3D games (except Sunshine, because the endless void is just water).

I mean, it isn't spooky; just stupid irrational fear. Makes my stomach churn and I get the sweats.
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.