[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 16
File: any Battlefield 3 match.png (78 KB, 1021x746) Image search: [Google]
any Battlefield 3 match.png
78 KB, 1021x746
Anyone who served in the military have some frightening stories? Like over-seas, after combat, or misc. so long as it's military related.
>>
>>>/k/
>>
>>15399080
I was referring to actual horror stories. Not shit like "my gun was jammed and I had 3 grenades up my ass."
>>
>>15399062
Ok.

>Be me, 2001, stationed at Shaw AFB outside Sumter, SC.
>Be EOD technician, out at Poinsett Range clearing known UXO (we had a shootex and a pair of Mk82 General Purpose bombs (500 pounders) failed to detonate.)
>Go out with team, set up cameras to record disposal, set charges and spool out
>Watching detonation area, TSgt starts the count "Blast area clear, blast area clear! Fire in the hole, fire in the hole!"
>Look up, see dude in the zone wearing all green (not BDUs, fatigue looking greens,) yell
>TSgt looks up, sees him but had already fired, detcord zips out, detonates
>Hear this terrible scream, like cats fighting, amplified
>Quick count, nobody missing from the team, run down to the hole, nothing there, no scraps, nothing (for those of you who have never seen/been near a large explosion, there's always something left if a person gets it. Blood, parts, uniform components, something.)
>Roll back tape, audio picks up the screams, nothing on video.
>Security forces go out, search with dogs, don't find shit
>Everyone goes back and gets shitfaced

I was never more glad to leave a base than I was a year later when I PCS'ed to Nellis.
>>
>>15399115

But you didn't say that due to crap writing skills or just because you're dense?
>>
>>15399428
Fuck off.

Proceed, OP and others.
>>
>>15399062
moar
>>
>joining australian defense force
>>
>>15399062
>be mexican
>go for my documents and shit, you need these if you want a job
>end up in the military for 4 months because i am fucking stupid
>i end up doing nothing but exercise while a dumbshit yells at me for being fat and not being able to do it properly
>3spooky

I still have nightmares about the time i was forced to do 200 push ups and run in the park for an hour, i almost died and my feet felt like bricks
>>
>>15399080
Was just thinking that same thing.
>>
>>15400304
see
>>15399437
>>
>>15400232
>not sure whether to thank with gratitude or thank in guilt
>>
>>15400282
I did that every morning for 8 years PT is not hard.
>>
> Be me working on Hurlburt Field FL
> Gulf Breeze sightings happen
> Control tower freaks out over the radio because they keep getting calls about UFO's
> Call control tower and explain we are testing new EW systems.
> Everyone gets a good laugh for a few months as idiots think UFOs are flying all over.
>>
>>15402076
Would be funnier if you explained what an EW was.
>>
>>15402078
Electronic Warfare. Anti missile and anti Radar systems.
>>
>>15402095
This may be obvious, but what does it do exactly? Why did people think they were seeing UFOs? Stuff wouldn't show up on the radar?
>>
>>15402104
No it changes what Radar reads. We can make one plane look like thousands, tell the radar the plane is moving to slow or extremely fast ect. At the time we were using a device that was towed then dropped from a 130 into the ocean and looked like a ufo to the uneducated.
>>
>>15402116
Lol, that's pretty awesome.
>>
>>15402122
I laugh at UFO people all the time. They are generally seeing stuff we are using and don't even know it. Did 8 years and never say anything that proves aliens. I saw a lot that doesn't though. For most of us its a big joke.
>>
>>15402127
You think those guys back in the 50s(?) seeing UFOs saw legit flying saucers or enemy (or Top Secret friendly) technology?
>>
>>15402127
That say should be a saw no idea how that got there sorry for the typo.
>>
>>15402142
Couldn't tell you for sure but it was likely our tech. Mass hysteria plays into it a lot. Large fearful populations are prone to irrational beliefs and easy to manipulate. A lot of the Area 51 UFO stuff was us testing stealth bombers and painting crazy stuff in black paint on runways to fool the Russians forcing them to try and reverse engineer things that didn't exist from poor satellite photos.
>>
>>15402158
Well, pilots were the ones who saw (and coined the phrase) "Foo Fighters". You think they'd be able to tell.
>>
>>15402168
Search lights Reflections off windows of other planes in formation and so on. There are some Sightings people cannot explain but that is roughly 1% of all ufo sightings. Dose life exist in the universe statistically yes someplace out there has life. Are they coming here to spy on us. No its very unlikely.
>>
>>15400282
Excercise is the only good thing about being in the military.
>>
I want to join the military here in about a year. I want to be boots on ground and I want to travel. What the fuck should I know or do to prepare? I'd really like some help here.
>>
>>15404619
In today's environment? You gonna git beheaded.
>>
Get off /k/ and get in here
>>
I don't know how scary this is... I mean it's "true" in as much as I'm not lying or anything. But, does it really mean that much? I don't know.

A few years ago (2008), I was stationed at Al Udeid AB in Qatar. My usual off-duty routine was to go up to The Bra (a giant double canopy with a bunch of tables and benches under it, called the bra because of how it looked), play Fate on my laptop for a few hours, shoot the shit with some friends of mine, then go to bed around 10 or so.

Well, on this night, they had set up a boxing ring in the Bra and were having what amounted to an "Anyone Can Fight" tournament. It was pretty loud, and had attracted a huge crowd. So, I decided to find a quieter place to sit.

I headed toward the chapel, since they had a lounge and I figured that would be a quiet place. The chapel was situated along a perimeter road. On the far side was a tall fence topped with barbed wire and a huge berm - essentially a wall of dirt.

<cont...>
>>
>>15406519
bump
>>
>>15406519 <cont>
I saw a bright light on the other side of the fence, cresting the top of the berm. My first thought was headlights, but, who would be driving around in the middle of the desert?

I started to walk up the berm so I could see over the top of the fence. I realized I might be in a little trouble for climbing around on the berm. There was a nearby guard tower, but, when I looked up there, there was nobody in it. The towers were in a series along the perimeter, about 250m apart. I didn't see any activity in any of the nearby towers so, I ran up the berm. I figured if anyone said anything, I'd say some of my papers blew up there or something.

When I crested the top of the berm, the light was brilliant - almost painful to look into. I couldn't make out anything for probably a click on either side.

<cont..>
>>
>>15406542
My job was supervising passenger unloading/loading and processing on the flight line. I'd been doing that for around 6 years when this happened, and I'd been on flight lines around the world working with all different aircraft. I've never seen any kind of operation with lights like this - even on temporary landing strips.

I realized that even if I couldn't see whoever or whatever was out there, they might be able to see me. So, I ran back down the berm. I was probably up there for about 2 minutes. I went in the chapel and there were a couple of people emailing and chatting. I started to say something, or ask one of them to come back outside with me and see it, too. But, I chickened out - I didn't want to be "The UFO Guy." I sure as hell didn't want to spend any quality time with OSI.

So, I made it look like I was looking for somebody who wasn't there and I left. I kept my ear open for anyone talking about seeing something unusual, but, it seems I was the only one.

<cont...>
>>
>>15400335
thank with gratitude
>>
>>15406560
So, here are my questions:

1. What the hell did I see?

2. Why were the guard towers unmanned that night? I went back two nights later (I pretended I was jogging), and every tower had at least two personnel assigned.

3. Was the whole "boxing tournament" thing designed to pull the maximum number of people to the Bra, in order to keep people away from the perimeter road? Normally, it's a popular spot for exercise, and the darker corners attract couples looking for privacy.

4. Finally, a long shot... was anyone else at AUAB that night who might have seen it? I've thought about posting this to forums, but, I'm not sure I really want to attract too much attention, or come off like some kind of kook.

Nothing like this has ever happened to me before, or since. I stayed in the AF another 4 years after this, and separated without incident.
>>
the sole fact of being there waiting for someone to shoot you is scary enough, i tell you

im glad of me sitting here on the computer
>>
File: 1413737945248.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
1413737945248.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
never served in the military, went ona creepy ass hunting trip with a few of them once
>17 years old, my dad, his two army friends and my cousin (was on leave) go for a weekend retreat of hunting, fishing and camping
>set up camp in the middle of a clearing (Virginia wilderness if anyone cares)
>finsih setting up camp, go to the stream and fish and discuss where to go exploring
>dusk aproaches, we this traditon of going for a nightly woods walk and try to scare eahcother with stories and such. been doing it since we were kids
>not gonna lie, I was a little anxious but also very serene. if ever go for extended hikes into the wilderness you know what feeling im talking about
>one of dads friends goes to take a piss, says he'll catch up
>we walk for about 10 min, then relize we should stop and at least let him catch up
>another 5 minutes goes by, im a little worried but my dad is cool, trusts the guy completety and sayshow since he was a paratrooper he "knows the woods as a good as a whore house"
>few minutes after we comes jogging out of the bushes, .357 revovler in hand
>says he was pissing and got the sense he wasnt alone, after he stopped he waited and sure enough heard something in the leaves around him, circling him.
>"well what was it. a bear, mountain lion?" "not sure, but if it was it was the biggest one living in these goddamn hills"
>worried it might have followed him, so we headback to camp and dont see or hear anything, but get the "youre in my house now, bitch" vibe all the way back
>next morning we decie to go exploring, with a few guns just in case
>see nothing odd, until we get within a 1/2 mile of the trail we walked last night (didnt want to get too close but we were also curious)
>get the same "being watched" feeling again, then after a fewminutes find the corpse of some animal
>whatever killed it absolutely fucked it up. jaw/head was broken, disembowled, limbs missing and scattered
>keep going north, finding dried blood splatter along the way
>>
File: _Convoy.jpg (81 KB, 1000x519) Image search: [Google]
_Convoy.jpg
81 KB, 1000x519
>>15406542
>My first thought was headlights, but, who would be driving around in the middle of the desert?

Did you make it past basic training?
>>
>>15406888
>get to the end of the treeline, after a bit of clearing is a cave, with some trees that at first glance appear to have fallen down around it
>friends dad is like "hey anon, go in it"
>im surrounded by gruff older military guys and being the runt I had to prove myself
>creep towards it, every step I relize this is probably a mistake but I cant chump out
>get right in front off the cave, the trees in front appear to have been broken down like cameoflage because all others around it are fine
>get that natural instinct telling you to just not do something telling my not to set foot in that cave
>pick up a few rocks, and start pelting them in there
>hear and kind of see something BIG shuffling around back there, raise my rifle but im convicned if I turn to run it'll bite my ass
>fire a quick round off, followed by the wierdest deep gutteral moan/roar ive ever heard
>ive heard all kinds of animals in the forrest and this didnt sound like any of them, if anything it sounded like a messed up audio recording of a bunch of them and that raptor from Jurrassic park
>"Anon, back up to us NOW", look behind and see all of them, rifles raised
>grown ass, military men. guys who have seen combat and probably killed people are looking pale and scared shitless, which scares the shit out of me
>run back, feels like i have sand in my legs and I cant move fast enough like a bad dream
>we get in single file line,dont say anthing and fast walk back to camp, each of us had a round in the chamber
>something was definetly following us, when youre that scared your adrenline gives you superpowers and you hear/see/smell things like you wouldnt believe
>see a big silouhette about 30 yards away, taking big strides alongside and then past us. if I hadnt been looking that way I wouldn have missed it
>heart skips into my throat, try to tell my cousin but he's like "just keep going forward,forget it" in a panicky voice
cont, almost done
>>
>>15406943
>start tossing shit into the trucks in no particular order
>one of the guys took it upon himself to stand guard and just sort of marches around with a rifle
>get everything accounted for, jump into the cars like clowns at a circuss and go downa 30 MPH road doing 60
>get to our favorite diner we usually go to at the end of the trips, order lunch and sit silenty
>I get up to use the bathroom, see my dad and the friend that dared me to go into the cave out by the car
>dad is chewing his ass out for doing that, and then says we dont say shit about this for the rest of the day and especially not to the wives
>drive hom my cousin falls asleep, I pretend to but really listen to the quietyl mube about it becuase of course theyre not going to NOT talk about it
>go around and say theyve always heard rumors aout stuff like this but thought it was bullshit
>never go back to that spot again, never go camping by myself ever again
real shame to becuase I used to love doing that but now ill be damned if im not the slightest bit of uneasy going into the woods
the end
>>
>>15406918
I mean the open desert, not a road.
>>
>>15406961
>>15406943
>>15406888
good story but i'm having a hard time believing it isn't exaggerated or even just completely made up
>>
>>15406975
>saw a large thing in the woods and a carcass
>so exaggerated
It's not like he said a skinwalker popped out or something. Why is a large, unidentified predator in the woods so unbelievable?
>>
>>15406975
>exaggerated or even just completely made up
welcome to the internet
>>
>>15407013
i think there's probably a lot of truth to in but it seems like he filled a lot of it with exaggerated aspects such as

>fire a quick round off, followed by the wierdest deep gutteral moan/roar ive ever heard
>ive heard all kinds of animals in the forrest and this didnt sound like any of them, if anything it sounded like a messed up audio recording of a bunch of them and that raptor from Jurrassic park

i mean if it were true it's obviously just another bear
>>
>>15407013

Because his crappy science books tell him it can't exist, so it must be made up. That's literally his logic.
>>
>>15407093
haha, no, but you shouldn't jump to wild conclusions based on a first person account account that likely has lots of bias and skewed details, unintentionally so or not
>>
>>15402142

There's a fucking great book/documentary called Mirage Men that is worth the time.
>>
somebody post the screencap about the NATO guy who had regular ghost encounters when he was in Serbia
>>
File: 1414344098545.jpg (43 KB, 510x383) Image search: [Google]
1414344098545.jpg
43 KB, 510x383
>>15400282
Had a chuckle even though missing the topic
>>
>>15407177
this sounds interesting
>>
If you ever had a biwak/bivouac pretty much everything makes you shit your pants if you patrol at night.

There are however some interesting WW II stories which are pretty spooky
>>
I have one about a ghost on my ship while I was in the Navy that was nicknamed The Cold Iron Ghost".

I just got off work and saw this thread. I wanted to give it a quick bump and use the bathroom before I come in and green text.
>>
>>15408095
>was in the US Navy from 2008-2012
>served as an MM (basically a mechanic) on a Nimitz Class carrier
>A Nimitz Class has two reactors, so it has two identical Main Machinery Rooms (MMRs)
>An MMR has two ship's engines, two generators, and well...just a whole bunch of huge equpiment
>My job is to take logs on said equipment, and fix it when it's broken
>so when shit is up and running we're working with some hot ass steam, and hot water is sometimes running through the pipes
>well a few months before I got to the ship, the ship was out to sea and one of the check valves was clogged
>so the Chief Machinery Operator (CMO) on watch decided to get down into the bilge to check what was going on
>so while everything is operating, he squeezes himself on his belly between a whole bunch of pipes and stanchions to take a look at this shit
>imagine wedging yourself into a tight ass fucking area
>>
>>15408136
>well the CMO managed to unclog the check valve and it started to pour out cool water all over him
>problem fucking fixed, but he's getting wet
>so we starts to try to scoot out the way he came
>but the cool water quickly started getting hotter and hotter
>the water in a matter of seconds started to dump out super hot boiling water and steam all over him while he was stuck
>he was cooked alive while stuck in a mess of pipes and shit, and couldn't get out
>died, flesh melted the fuck off

Sorry, I had to give a little information on the situation

>anyway, I eventually get to the ship
>get qualified to stand a watch called Cold Iron Watch (CIW)\
>it's when the ship is in port, the reactors are secured, and all the equipment is shut down
>but they want one person down in the plant to just kind of rove around and keep an eye on things
>so I get warned about this spookiness that has been going about
>people tell me that there's a fucking ghost down in the plant, it's the dead CMO fucking with shit
>i didn't fucking believe it
>that is until I started standing watch by myself in a dead silent plant
>walking around, you would hear lockers banging open and close
>tools would get knocked off of work benches
>you would hear footsteps on the deckplates above you
>you would hear weird knocking sounds on the pipes
>your logs (on a clipboard) would be moved to another place if you left them somewhere
>>
>>15408164
That's about it really. It was just an on going thing. The reason I mentioned the other identical plant was because no spooky shit ever happened in the other one. Just 2MMR, and people would be spooked the fuck out being down there by themselves.
>>
>>15400247
Nigger, how the fuck are you even alive.
>>
>>15407013
Any story that includes the people involved never speaking of it again is fake as fuck, cmon now.

If you encountered that shit you and whoever else was with you would discuss that shit to no end.
>>
>>Iraq 2006, we were standing guard at a checkpoint in ghazaliyah, we would get bored cuz hardly anybody came cuz of the curfew at night. It was about 2 in the morning when we saw this lady in black on the roof of somebody's house. Since its Iraq, los of women wear those black burkhas, but this lady's burkha was long and flowing. We didn't think anything of it, but then we saw it disappear into the shadows, we figured the lady went inside, but instead we saw the lady walking in the alley. We didn't know how she ran to the first floor, then outside so quickly then she disappeared again and reappeared on top of somebody else's roof! She did this for about 30 mins and we were freaked out. Last I heard, she was still going back and forth maybe looking for something
>>
>>15408164
pretty gruesome. i like it
>>
>>15408204
Sometimes its best to stay quiet, you never know who could be listening. Besides, some people would rather not be outcasted by their peers than to speak truth.
>>
need moar
>>
>>15408359
It's not the spookiest, and I didn't want to over exaggerate. I didn't want to exaggerate at all.

I guess it's a story of "you had to be there", because I was spooked the fuck out. The shit sucked, I did four years. Being on that watch was spooky, and everyone fucking hated it. The way they did watches was six and sixes.

Basically in port, on your duty day, you stood six hours of watch, had six hours off, and then stood another six hours of watch. Down there.

It was just too fucking creepy. The things that happened, people actually feeling spooked. You just have that feeling, you know.

Another side story, my ship was one of the first responders to Fukashima. I was a part of Operation Tomodachi, if you are interested.

That was a whole different story, leading up to the events, even though it's not "spooky".
>>
>>15409169
That's a different story, about Fukashima. I was there, when that shit went down. If anyone is interested before I go to sleep, I can tell the story.

Of course people want proof. So I will give anything that won't expose me. I'm about to fucking crash out in twenty minutes, work tomorrow.
>>
>>15402076
lel I grew up in Guff Breeze

didn't know it was a hotspot for "sightings" until dream involving me being lifted from my bed into orb-like trance where I was directed mentally into a multimedia full-immersion experience of the beginning and end and circular nature of time and witnessed the rise and fall of hundreds of life forms across multiple planets, including our own, wars and so on

started doing research and was slightly disappointed
>>
>current naval logistics specialist.
>dog shit desk job,but whatever.
>stationed in yokosuka, Japan
>Dem shore patrol watches though.
>Yoko is an old Japanese naval base with loads off of limits places stupid people like to try and hide in to go play hide the sausage.
>never caught anyone but I've seen shit on watch.
>old walled in Japanese caves, nuff said.
>>
>>15408204
>some giant animal nearly attacks you, your frinds and you son
>lets not tell the wife
if anything thats the most realistic part of the story
>>
>>15408164
>the water in a matter of seconds started to dump out super hot boiling water and steam all over him while he was stuck
>he was cooked alive while stuck in a mess of pipes and shit, and couldn't get out
>died, flesh melted the fuck off

That's a fucking horrid way to go, how depressing. Have you posted this before? Part of it almost seems familiar.
>>
more?
>>
>>/k/ommando here.

Its true. We do say things like that
>>
>>15406463
Yes sir, what can I do to your sir? Scary stories? I have a couple really good ones, but I'm horrible with grammar. Its above my pay grade.
>>
probable gonna get flamed for this im not a native /x/ follower but for military scares iv never read anything better fifty-foot ant
http://nothotbutspicy.com/para/hm/
the humper monkeys ones isn't as good but the rest are a++
>>
>>15409207
i'm interested, if you're still willing to tell the story
>>
>>15409799
Its not a hot spot anymore. It was only that way for a month while we tested. It was just funny how all the loony's came out looking for ufos. If aliens came to earth we would all know it very quickly since they would likely do exactly what we did and wipe out the natives then take their land. Sorry to buzz kill the ufo believers. Peaceful races don't tend to advance enough to ever reach the level of tech aliens would need to travel in space.
>>
>>15399062
While stationed in South Korea, there were floods, one morning on a march we found a guy inside a chain length fence. To this day I cant imagine how he got stuck like that.
>>
>>15412215
Yes please.
>>
>>15412215
pls tell soldier story
>>
File: 20140906_171219.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20140906_171219.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
> be Marine on MEU in South America
> live in tiny little berthing areas with all of mortars section
> start talking about paranormal and stuff
> Guatemalan dude in mortars section says he knows some shit, does some ritual and makes a Ouija board.
> fuckers start playing with board
> leave because I'm Catholic (Mexican too btw)
> big ass mortarman has doubts, asks the board for something that only a supernatural entity would know
> it spells out DAD
> big guy freaks out throws the board and leaves
> turns out niggas dad died like last night and left him a ton of money
> end the session, lay everything down in a specific manner and go to chow
> everyone leaves
> come back, board moved to big guys rack but everything is I'm the exact same place
> everyone shits brix
> can't remember but a few more paranormal things happen (sorry I wasn't there, I left)

Later

> meet up with Guatemalan dude at smoke deck
>"hey man be careful with that Ouija board stuff it's not a game"
> "nah bro I made all that shit up, I don't know any crazy rituals or have medicine man in my family. I made all that shit up because I'm Guatemalan and have an accent and I knew those stupid gringos would fall for it because I'm foreign"
>fuckin lol this niggas a 10/10 troll
> light 2 Cuban cigars and smoke those bitches catch a mean buzz
> pinches gringos pendejos jajajaja
> go inside play ocarina of time and rack out
> mortars section still all creeped out by the board
>>
>>15413427
fucking kek
>>
>>15413427
Does nobody know how to rotate an image anymore?
>>
>>15413508
I'm on my phone sorry
>>
>>15406961
Where in va? I'm from the mountains of swva near kentucky
>>
>>15399409
got some chills/10
>>
>>15413427

Made me lel, Devil
>>
moar plz
>>
Idf fag here. Served for 4.5 years. Golani battalion.
Got some stupid shoot outs stories but some extra ordinary. Here is my last one :
>be in gaza last conflict
>be doing usual drills in the type of conflict (been 2 times in gaza during major operations once in late 2008 and last one was this year )
>the idf called the palatinates who had nothing to do with Hamas to leave deeper into the major refugee camps
>Hamas get pissed
>telling people to stay put or they will be executed (it's a type of Hamas war tactics and propaganda since they respect death and see life as just a corridor to heaven and on the other hand presenting pictures of dead babies creates pressure)
>some flee
>those who flee sometimes being captured by Hamas
>the father is giving a suicide bomb strapped to him and told to just keep on walking among refugees (women , children , old people) or their family will be shoot
-
>be guarding road way for wounded evacuation near sagaiya (don't know how to write it in English so fuck it)
>be seeing crowd of refugees fleeting in our direction
>Notgood.jpg
>out of nowhere a large explosion in the crowd
>human pieces everywhere
>the stupid cunts pushed the button too soon
Can tell more stories if you wish
>>
>>15414542
>Can tell more stories if you wish

Always.
>>
>>15406961
Probably a bear. Sounds like a bear. Bears like caves. If hungry enough can rip up smaller animals for food (prefers berries, hence the name Bear or singular berry). Or maybe you shot an old mountain man. Actually the horror of the story is the Idea that you shot an innocent man and left him for dead in a cave while you bugged out and imagined being chased dude to nerves and adrenaline.
>>
>>15414542
mor pls
>>
File: 561272_14.jpg (7 KB, 168x217) Image search: [Google]
561272_14.jpg
7 KB, 168x217
>>15414573
>>15414573
sorry took long , phone died. typing from pc now.
any way
be in 'riyhan' (basil) , a strong point in mt' dov (bear) , its located near the Lebanese boarder.
>this is what we Israelis refer as 'pumpkin fortress' a type of strong point bunker that is underground do to the damage of mortars used by Hezbollah. the entire thing sometimes underground and makes you feel really shit sometimes and lose your mind really quickly do to boredom
>be one night guarding as a fresh combat trained solider looking at darkness for miles
very green thumbed
>2 hours in , about 2:00 am and i get a call in the radio saying to stand sharp because one of the fences movement detectors is beeping
>the unit who's responsible to check in infra red cameras cant see special movement but the detectors goes like crazy every couple of minutes
>all the regiment is now up and ready
>timetofight.jpg
>since i was the battalion commander radio boy at that time (once you finish basic training you get sorted out for special training , i wanted to be a point marksman but shit happends)
i was on a first team to check in the fence as a signaler
>we walked in quietly , as i told before i was in Golani brigade , the brigade is trained to fight in the north Sector of israel because Hezbollah is mainly fighting in guerrilla warfare , so we knew the code for this kind of situation.
>we set up an ambush about 300 meters from the fence staring at it
>see nothing in the night-vision yet they tell us the sensor is beeping
>be there until 5:40
>then we saw it.. a fucking barn owl , i love those animals so much yet this one kept the entire northern commend on its feet
pic related . it the uniform tag of the unit who's watching the borders via cameras

more?
>>
this one is more personal to me
>be 2.5 years later
>be in central Gaza
>be still signaler
>be a radio boy of a salt of the earth man major Eliraz (my god is a secret in hebrew)
>usual routine of patrolling the strip dividing gaza from israel (about 2 k"m strip of flat land) from our side of the fence
>i was meant to be his radio boy that day
>felt sick all morning do to food poisoning
>the unit medic tells me to lay down for a while
>a guy name 'ilan' is taking my place
>about afternoon they were in their usual patrol
>a stupid motherfucker takes a dragunov from a second story window in the refugee camp
>he shots and misses but bad luck strikes and the ricochet bounces , hitting Eliraz in his He grande
>he was killed instantly , Ilan too.
i guess i was lucky.
pic related Eliraz on the left , ilan on the right (r.i.p brothers)
>>
>>15414801
fuck your shill faggot im telling personal stories here ..
>>
>>15399409
I live by Nellis.
Cool base bro.
>>
>Anyone who served in the military have some frightening stories?
>frightening stories?
im just sharing.. as far as i can see faggots like you ruin for all .. so fuck it im out
>>
>>15414839
*and were
>>
>>15414851
Just stay and ignore the idiots.
>>
Navy fag
>rover watch in a busted up barracks at a training command
>walk through a hatch to a ladder well right at midnight
> lights dim as we walk further down from 3rd to 1st deck until it's pitch black
>On first deck
>Thisisprettycreepy.jpeg
>Three doors
>Fuck my life key card won't open any
>Door to ladder well is locked
>Just radio in to quarter deck. Someone will come get us from the other side
>radio static
>sleep deprived as fuck
>friend asks if I heard a noise
>look out door glass to the outside
>see fat girl and marine drill sargent running
>turn to friend
>is that a drill instructor?
>turn back to look a second later
>no one to be seen
>dude Wtf
>card reader goes nuts and door to black hallway opens
>Power still out mind you
>bail!
>Sprint down pitch black hallway with friend
>Scratching noises in all locked rooms
>open door to quarter deck
> get chewed out by chief for double timing in uniform
>stops yelling and asks us if we saw a ghost
>idk chief
>Chief smiles
>you're relieved go back to your barracks across the street and get some sleep
>>
>>15414865
Why the fuck is this considered propaganda ?! Just because unfortunately I had to serve in the idf has nothing to do with it .. If it was a story about a marine or British or what ever in a different country you'll all be like "cool story bro" . I can also tell you faggots stories of humanitarian nature but I choose 3 incidents that happened to me and had impact on me and others .
I can tell you that I've given my food and water to palatines , I helped old people and even beaten the shit out of a soldier from other battalion for kicking a prisoner. For that incident btw , i spent a week In mp jail and the beater got demoted and sent off to a non combat unit . Yet you faggot scream propaganda .. All I can say is that I did my part because I had too , when I pulled a trigger it's because I had to and when I found a place to be helpful to others I did that to..
There is no explanation for a fat fuck like you who saw a battlefield only via PC monitor ..
>>
>>15399062
One time I fucked a hooker with no condom and later when I had a HIV test I was really scared it would come back positive. Honestly the most frightening period in my life.
>>
>be me
>be in basic training
>be on CQ duty
>basically a whole lot of cleaning
>shift is a few hours, there's a tv in the rec room area, get to see tyson bite off holyfield's ear
>top kek
>drill sergeant on duty leaves to somewhere after awhile. turns off tv, most of the lights, leaves one on
>me and other private clean the rec room, leave to clean bathrooms in company area
>do that and come out to the company area again
>all the lights and tv on blaring loud
>wtf.jpg
>turn everything off and go to clean commander's office
>come back to check on things
>tv blaring and all the lights on again
>turn them all off, look around for drill sergeant
>drillsergeantnoped.jpg
>spend rest of shift assuming the drill sergeant was fucking with us
>>
there's gotta be more of these...
>>
Keep 'em comin
>>
REPORT IN, MAGGOTS!
>>
>>15402180
They have always been here. Not coming to visit us at all. They consider this their planet.
>>
>>15418245
Hello, Deep Throat.
>>
File: United Earth Forces.png (580 KB, 694x422) Image search: [Google]
United Earth Forces.png
580 KB, 694x422
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFEAzP1Zm-A

>"We are one people now. Members of Humanity"
>>
No one?
>>
>>15408307
lrn2greentext
>>
>>15399062
Only thing I've got, supposedly one of the guard towers on the COP I was at would be visited by Djinns coming down from the mountains. Said Djinn would fuck with the Afghans in the tower, supposedly pretty violently.

Pretty lame, but there you go.
>>
>>15406573
Back when I was in a small county town in Kansas if you were on a country road driving you would see a set of headlights up in the distance when you eventually got to them they were gone also when you would drive up to the small cemetery in the town you see the lights I'm not sure what it was though
>>
>>15404619
Run, a lot. Then do pushups and situps.

Be in shape, and the military will provide/teach everything else you need.
>>
More?
>>
bamp
>>
>>15409169
Confirmed for USS Reagan.
>>
File: 1414722813450.jpg (6 KB, 294x200) Image search: [Google]
1414722813450.jpg
6 KB, 294x200
Britbong Air Force here, current base is a pre-WW2 base, bombed heavily by Nazis, lots of deaths, freaky sightings.

The building I work in, half is new, half is the original building put up in the 30s. Half of it was hit by a bomb, they simply rebuilt the damaged half.

>be sleeping in crew room with Cpl
>sgt sleeping in his office
>3am
>hear heavy thudding like footsteps outside in the corridor
>me and Cpl lean out with a torch
>see Sgt poking his head out of his door
>he sees us and says "haha, very funny guys"
>we reply "No you, haha very funny"
>at this point an almost roar-like sound echos down the corridor and the heavy wooden door separating the 2 halves of the building slams shut. That door is fucking heavy
>heavy booming footsteps sprinting down the corridor towards us
>Sgt shouts "FUCK THAT" and locks his office door
>Me and Cpl fall over each other scrabbling backwards away from the crew room door
>both hide in our sleeping bags like bitches
>never speak of it again to anybody
>>
>>15421544
>>be sleeping in crew room with Cpl

Sexy
>>
bumpin
>>
>>15421544
wow imagine if something real happened, you would shit your pants.

good thing you have guns. they do give you guns, right?
>>
bamp
>>
File: skinwalker.gif (716 KB, 312x320) Image search: [Google]
skinwalker.gif
716 KB, 312x320
>>15422617

Not that guy, but...

I'm an infantry vet. I've been in firefights, I've had RPG's sail past me close enough to catch, I've survived IED blasts, I've been on point for midnight patrols into heavily contested territory in Trashcanistan. I like to think I'm decently brave when I need to be.

If a fucking invisible satanbeast was screaming and sprinting up and down the hallway, I would nope back into my sleeping bag like a motherfucker, same as that guy did.
>>
>>15406542
It was security forces or G4S
I was there
>>
>>15406573
The towers are a deterant they are not 24/7 manned
>>
>>15414542
into the sea, motherfucker, into the sea
palestine will be free
>>
>>15414814
hahaah! more like this one plz
>>
>>15418245
word
>>
>>15423303
Give stories
>>
>>15412618
>ant
Holy shit, this is great.
>>
>>15414542
My father was stationed in the Golani. Thinking about joining in a year. (Amerifat, or else I would have been drafted in June)
>>
File: 1413618438146.jpg (26 KB, 240x315) Image search: [Google]
1413618438146.jpg
26 KB, 240x315
>>15399409
how could u hear screams over a 500 pound bomb detonating?
>>
Ok Heres one when i was still in Army in Aus

>be infantry on a field ex. on piquet at 0300 to 0400
>just surveying the tree line
>see something moving the short grass
>be confused as i know for a fact there are no enemy around(my old PL were playing enemy and were texting me when they went to bed)
>get a sight picture of something
>some really long arms or legs? it was walking on 4 legs? or arms?
>watch it move to a near by tree
>it slowly climbs up this tree but not climb exactly just stand up on 2 legs against the tree
>it hasn’t see me i don’t think, as its scanning the area
>I don’t think it knows whats going on
>it goes back to all 4s and starts to scurry toward a section of guys where they are sleeping
>I shout the password expecting it to scurry off
>it just pops it head up and stares at me
>im fucking terrified at this point i wasn’t even scared until it noticed me
>I let off 3 rounds
>It shrieks this terrible noise that wakes people up
>I start yelling theres something over there as people run to me to see wtf I’m doing
> a few people see it scurry off into the tree line
>our LT gets a section of people with live rounds together to go find it
>he calls into HQ telling them theres an animal here harassing us
>I have to describe it over radio
>am told its nothing
>LT is told to stand down
>LT knows I’m not lying(we both deployed to afghan together)
>makes us all pack our shit up and move positions
>Didn’t sleep much for the rest of that exercise

Got back to base and had to explain to our OC what happened and why i shouldn’t be charged for UD. I got off but had to be psych tested even though a few guys saw it.
Was pretty bullshit. But I seriously think it was a skin walker even though i thought they were made up but its the only thing that is sort of close to what it looked like.
>>
>>15414784
lol'd

more pls
>>
>>15426076
Sounds like a fake-ass story, but at least it was a mildly entertaining fake-ass story. Thanks for the contribution.
>>
>>15399080
>>15400304

gtfo newfags.
/x/ is for frightening stories. op asks for frightening stories. get you tarot reading somewhere else cancer cell.
>>
I have a mildy interesting ghost story from my time in Iraq if anyone is interested.
>>
>>15414784
Topkek...fucking bird
>No borders here. Fuck u im a bird
>>
>>15424707
It was a lame ass tour nothing spoopy happened, went through one of the Quatari aircraft QRF bunkers
It was creepy BC its a fully operational bunker,lights on AC on but no one on duty plus no radio reception
>>
File: Bunker 1.jpg (43 KB, 950x717) Image search: [Google]
Bunker 1.jpg
43 KB, 950x717
>>15427869
>Part 1

Was in the USMC from 2003-2007. I was a communications guy (Yeah, I was a pogue, fite me fgt). Did three deployments to Iraq in '05, '06, and '07.

On my second deployment, we were stationed at Al Asad airbase about ~90 miles away from Baghdad.

Anyway, all over the airbase there are these giant bunkers. (pic related) We called them "Yugos" because they were built by the Yugoslavians back in the early 80's/90's. This was a time when we were still friendly with Saddam. Most of the bunkers (about 80%) are abandoned and still filled with pre-war junk. None of them had lighting or plumbing. A few were cleared out though and retrofitted with water and electricity, then converted into makeshift offices because they have tons of different rooms and pathways.

Our unit was stationed in one of these bunkers, because they protected all of our valuable (and scarce) comm equipment from enemy mortar attacks, which were frequent at the time.

Anyway, me and a buddy got bored at night (as was common) and we decided to investigate a nearby abandoned bunker. This was strictly against the rules because it was believed they could have been booby trapped. Also we had to sneak past the Ugandan guards to get to the bunkers. (Ugandans were employed as base security, mostly at checkpoints and stuff but not for actual combat).

So it's pitch black outside, and me and my buddy get a pair of bolt cutters, take the long way around to avoid being spotted, threw a piece of wood over the concertina wire, crawled across, and came upon the entrance. We cut the lock, open the iron doors, and walk inside. We flip on our flashlights, and start exploring.
>>
>>15423290
I love when you guys call it trashcanistan
>>
>>15427869
It's a thread about military spooky stories. Yeah, we're interested.
>>
File: Bunker 2.jpg (52 KB, 403x226) Image search: [Google]
Bunker 2.jpg
52 KB, 403x226
>>15427941
>Part 2
It's mostly chairs, desks, admin shit. We found a couple of empty AK-47 mags, some papers and diagrams and charts in Arabic, etc etc. We're about halfway through, moving room to room, and I shit you not: We heard a woman's voice say something in Arabic. We stood still for a few moments, looked at each other, and bolted back outside. I don't speak the language, but my friend knows conversational Arabic. He said the voice said: "Who is there? Who are you?"

We never went back in because we're huge pussies, but we later learned that several women took their own lives in a bunker on base (was never confirmed if it was the bunker we were in). Also the Ugandans would occasionally report blue lights around the bunkers at night. This is unusual because we only used red lights at night so as not to fuck up our night vision.

tl;dr Ghost ladies in Iraq

Also, none of the pics are mine. Just ones I pulled from online.
>>
>>15399062

I never saw anything crazy when I served and shit like most these people but Parris Island was fucking haunted. When I was a recruit I heard the creepiest shit and the drill instructors I knew all encountered ghosts or something else screwed up on-base. This could be because of all the suicides and training deaths.
>>
>>15427950
>>15427950
keep going nigga
>>
>>15427975
Yeah, Parris Island was definitely creepy. It's definitely got that spooky vibe to it, even during the day.

Knowing Parris Island, you'd think the ghosts would WANT to get away when they died.
>>
>>15427996
The women who killed themselves were aides to the Iraqi officers, 9 of them killed themselves when the base was being taken over by coalition forces during the early stages of the Iraq War. Apparently there was a bunch of Iraqi propaganda going around that coalition forces weren't going to take any prisoners, men shot on sight, women raped then killed, etc etc, so the women chose to kill themselves rather than that.

That's about it man. Like I said, we never went back in the bunker. I'm not gonna fuck around with ghosts.
>>
>>15428003
Former navy Doc here, stationed at Parris Island for 10 months. At night, we would occasionally see floating green and blue lights out in the surrounding woods & marshes.

Like the anon above said, anything other than soft red light fucks up your night vision at night, so it wasn't any troops or marines out there doing nocturnal exercises or anything.
>>
Damn, these stories make me want to ask my mother's cousin about his paranormal experiences in the military.

He's Irish army NCO, next time I see him will probably be around Christmas.

I remember him talking about an army base in Dublin that was haunted but I can't recall correctly.

Better remember to ask him and then report back.
>>
>>15412618

That story is a fabrication. I remember reading it and the way he talks to the officer is incredibly unrealistic. Not to mention the way he tries and forces relevancy in some characters but neglects them further down into the story and ignores others altogether. He also writes this as if it came from his imagination and not memory.
>>
>>15399428
Do you do anything else with your life other than eating doritos, sweating your fat ass off in an old leather chair and talk down to people on the internet so that for a brief moment you feel like you are something other than a kissless virgin?

Fag
>>
>>15402144
You better be
>>
>>15409907

My father was stationed there back in the 90's, in extension the family came along too. Used to live on Yokosuka Naval Base. Some of those WWII bunkers/artillery/POW camps that run through the mountains creeped the shit outta me as a kid. Something felt wrong about them...
>>
>>15408136
Im also a MM but of the Nuke type, stationed on a submarine. Apparently during construction a civi who was doing construction, fell from topside into the hull ( about a 70') his ghost still haunts the Engine Room. Been Standing roving watch ( same thing as Cold Iron Watch) See that motherfucker almost every midwatch. People have said theyve seen him in the Reactor Compartment through the periscopes.
>>
>>15428044
Definitely do this.
>>
>>15427950
Creepy, but did you ever think some homeless woman had taken up residence there and was freaked out by you guys as well?
>>
File: fear.jpg (28 KB, 600x258) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
28 KB, 600x258
FEAR unit when?
>>
File: 1313420506284.jpg (183 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
1313420506284.jpg
183 KB, 600x398
>>15399062
Any of you military dudes have spoopy submarine stories? The idea of being on a sub for months freaks me the fuck out.
>>
>>15415099
how come i cant spend my whole 10 days of taglight in an idf camp or krav maga training facility
?
>>
>>15412618
>>15428047
Yeah, as far as I've gotten with it, what seems to be off for me is that the guy was given CQ duty like 3 or 4 times in one week when they had 18 people in their unit, and once 2 nights in a row. Not sure how the CQ works in US army, but when I was serving we were not allowed to do CQ for 2 days straight. Only exception being when some guys did 2-3 shifts a week for money (replaced someone else). It seems that the author has either been in the service or has done some research into it, but altogether it really feels more like a novel than someone's memory. Too much detail in very mundane places makes it sound artificial.
>>
>>15402142
>You think those guys back in the 50s(?) seeing UFOs saw legit flying saucers or enemy (or Top Secret friendly) technology?

No military qualifications here, but I bet there's some low-level military officer at Roswell who really, really wished he hadn't told somebody over the phone "just make up a story, I don't care what you tell them..."
>>
There is no such thing as Palestine, inbred. It is a fake nation created by insurgents from the surrounding nations bordering Israel for the expressed purpose of driving out the Israelis and waging a bullshit Pallywood propaganda war. You guys are basically Nazi shitbirds trying to crap on the single jewel in the middle of the giant Arab litterbox. If the Israelis didn't have a legitimate claim then they wouldn't have the historical and archaeological proof it's their homeland. How about you quit letting the xenophobic ramblings of a 6th century pedophile nutcase determine your foreign policy. If Israel can tolerate you backwards, goat-humping, sociopaths then you should sure as hell be able to live with them.
>>
>>15425965
>>15425965
That's the point son.
>>
>>15414616
>(prefers berries, hence the name Bear or singular berry)
IS THAT SO
well color me faggot and call me moot
my mind is blown
>>
>>15409799
tell us about the other life forms?
or make a different thread if you prefer
im sure plenty of people would be interested
>>
>>15431504
Confirmed for Jew thrall.
Name one nation east of Egypt and west of Iran that isn't "fake." Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and especially Israel, they were all arbitrarily created as de facto colonies following the termination of the First World War. Sykes-Picot, look it up.
>>
File: images-7.jpg (7 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
7 KB, 267x189
de que estan hablando??
>>
story from a friend, details removed to protect the innocent
>be really far up north in Alaska in the middle of fucking nowhere about 10 years ago
>park truck near an old abandoned beat-up plywood shack, theres only some trash in there, like beer bottles and shit
>have a 12 gauge pump shotgun with some deer slugs (for hunting caribou and shit)
>already killed 1 deer and have it in the back of the truck
>theres still light out
>decide to explore to see if there is any more game out here before it gets late
>just start walking into an area that was never visited before
>find a lot of trees in this one flat area that look like they were split open vertically and a little bit burnt/charred around where they were split
>most of the trees are normal but some of them kind of look like they were hit by lightning or something
>>
>>15431845
Lightning strikes in the same general areas. Not sure how many trees you are talking about, but if there are loads of thunderstoms in the area then it's totally normal.
>>
>>15431845
cont.
>walk through this odd forest until there's a small hill
>climb up the hill
>find a piece of copper wiring sticking out of the snow, about half way up there
>pull it out
>its about 6 ft long, braided, a bit fatter than the kind of cable you use for hooking up car batteries, with red colored insulation on it
>the ends are a bit tarnished with some green copper rust, and they are not cut clean, the ends look like it was ripped or shredded, like someone just yanked extremely hard on it until it broke or something
>theres like nothing out here so its weird that anyone would have a big ass piece of electrical cable like this
>get up to the very top of the hill, there's a fairly steep slope going down on the other side about 40 ft down or so
>can see lots of shit for a few miles, decide to sit down and look through pocket monocular
>there's not that many trees, but there's a small stream up ahead that's frozen over
>no animals though
>there are some dark blue barrels off in the distance maybe 15 walking minutes ahead
>while looking at the barrels, notice some movement to the left
>it looks like theres some guy standing there wearing dark clothing, facing away, cant see his face
>he's not walking anywhere, or doing anything, he's just kind of idly standing there
>he turns to the side and I can see that hes got a big backpack and some kind of rifle with him
>I start to wonder just what the fuck he's doing out here, just standing there, because the nearest actual house is like 5 miles away
>he turns toward me, and then after about 10 seconds, he grabs his gun off his shoulder and starts running towards me with his gun pointed at me
>NOPE
>grab my shit and start running back towards where I parked my truck
>NOPE the fuck down the side of the hill
>keep running through the forest, starting to get tired now, trying not to get lost
>after about 5 minutes of running I look back to see if I'm being followed
>see some white lights near a ridge further back east
>>
>>15431882
cont.
>keep running and eventually realize that theres a bunch of vehicles way out there driving towards me
>finally get to the shack where the truck is parked
>throw my shit in the passenger seat and start the fucking engine
>NOPE the fuck out of there back onto the trail
>after about 5 minutes of driving there's a helicopter off in the distance
>helicopter slowly follows for about 30 minutes
>it turns back once I get to the highway

and that's his story
our general opinion is that it was near some military base or something
but it wasn't marked on any map or anything
>>
gais

its spoopy on Keesler afb

save me

so many goddamn airforceys

"Do meteorology" they said
"It will be good for you" they said
>>
>>15414542
Finishing up my USMC contract, then headed into the IDF here.
>>
>>15431947
Good goyim
>>
>>15414814
Sorry for the loss of your comrades.
Godspeed, brave soldiers...
>>
>>15418245
Interstellar travel - according to Einstein's physics - is impossible.

But time travel is not.
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.